HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy - edm

Old
07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
GlenX would be epic on the bottom 6 in EDM, but as of right now, we can't afford him. Without Calgary taking back some salary (a Nick Schultz, anyone?), it couldn't work.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I like the idea behind this deal, but I don't think Edmonton has room for that much cap. We'd have to send more salary back.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Feasterize this deal and I could get on board...

Curtis Glencross

Nick Schultzowski
2014 3rd Round Pick
hes trading with Mac T not shero so they even out

herashak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:40 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Hasn't been brought up but MacT coached Glencross.

If he really wanted him (was willing to over-pay enough that Calgary would ask Glencross to waive... not that they ever should imho). Why wouldn't he of told management to keep him at any cost?

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:41 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I'd prefer to give the 2015 1st instead. The Oilers could very well be picking top 10 again this season, and that's too much a price for Glencross.
I would be keeping 2015 1st rounder as its supposed to be way stronger then the 2014 draft class. Calgary would rather 14 im sure too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
I like the idea behind this deal, but I don't think Edmonton has room for that much cap. We'd have to send more salary back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
GlenX would be epic on the bottom 6 in EDM, but as of right now, we can't afford him. Without Calgary taking back some salary (a Nick Schultz, anyone?), it couldn't work.
I would ship N. Schultz out on another deal for a 6th or 7th rounder for room, 2.5 Million is a steal going forward.

Last edited by OnTheBrink: 07-29-2013 at 02:52 PM.
OnTheBrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:43 PM
OnTheBrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Hasn't been brought up but MacT coached Glencross.

If he really wanted him (was willing to over-pay enough that Calgary would ask Glencross to waive... not that they ever should imho). Why wouldn't he of told management to keep him at any cost?
That was a while ago Glencross has improved since then, and is now a veteran leader which would also be plus to EDM.

Old
07-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Iceonfire

Glencross is one of my favorite players..

But why would Calgary do this?

I would do it from Edmonton's POV. Hell, if Gaustad can return a 1st why shouldn't Glencross be worth that.

And letting Glencross walk was the worst move Lowe has ever done.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:50 PM
OnTheBrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Glencross is one of my favorite players..

But why would Calgary do this?

I would do it from Edmonton's POV. Hell, if Gaustad can return a 1st why shouldn't Glencross be worth that.

And letting Glencross walk was the worst move Lowe has ever done.
because Calgary is in a rebuild and Glencross deserves to play some meaningful hockey while he is still in his prime. They return a good 1st round pick and a D prospect that would be one of their best d prospects.

Old
07-29-2013, 02:50 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I'd prefer to give the 2015 1st instead. The Oilers could very well be picking top 10 again this season, and that's too much a price for Glencross.
Calgary wouldnt, they want to rebuild now and get it over with, no sense in drawing it out.

Plus the Oilers are likely to be worse this year than next, so....

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

I'd probably do

Musil
1st 2014

for

Glencross

Hall - Gags - Yak
Perron - RNH - Ebs
GlenX - Gordon - Hemsky

That is a nasty top 9.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:03 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
N. Schultz
2014 1st
rights to Omark

for

Glencross

Would definitely give our 3rd line a face lift and give us some more grit. Not sure if Calgary would do this though.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
I'd probably do

Musil
1st 2014

for

Glencross

Hall - Gags - Yak
Perron - RNH - Ebs
GlenX - Gordon - Hemsky

That is a nasty top 9.
I really like Hall and Perron and hope their injuries are behind them, however given their past it maybe smart to pick up another LW who can play top 6 if needed.
I don't want Clifford to go to a divisional opponent but he would make sense for the Oilers.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
N. Schultz
2014 1st
rights to Omark

for

Glencross

Would definitely give our 3rd line a face lift and give us some more grit. Not sure if Calgary would do this though.
Only real thing of value is the 1st, and if Edmonton gets hot that maybe/should be a mid round pick.
I definitely do not think this would be as appealing to Calgary as some of the other proposals.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:43 PM
rockinghockey

I don't see Glencross being worth a top 15 pick and then throw in two prospects like Lander and Musil. That is just too much of a payment for Glencross.

Would Glencross look good in our top 9 of course but not paying that much for him. Mac T is not going to give that much for him. Glencross will get a 1st round pick but it will be a late first round pick.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

It'd be a huge risk but I'm not totally against the concept of the deal. Glencross and the first round pick would be the main pieces obviously but I don't think I'd want to add too much more for it. Musil I could handle, Lander I couldn't.

I shudder at how horribly that deal could turn out for Edmonton though if things go wrong. If it ended up a Seguin/Toronto scenario Flames fans would never let us hear the end of it.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I don't see Glencross being worth a top 15 pick and then throw in two prospects like Lander and Musil. That is just too much of a payment for Glencross.

Would Glencross look good in our top 9 of course but not paying that much for him. Mac T is not going to give that much for him. Glencross will get a 1st round pick but it will be a late first round pick.
The intention of the deal is to make sure that pick is a late first rounder.

It's still a huge risk though.

Old
07-29-2013, 05:00 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
Overpayment by Edmonton. I am suprised an Oilers Fan made this proposal
He's not.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
It'd be a huge risk but I'm not totally against the concept of the deal. Glencross and the first round pick would be the main pieces obviously but I don't think I'd want to add too much more for it. Musil I could handle, Lander I couldn't.

I shudder at how horribly that deal could turn out for Edmonton though if things go wrong. If it ended up a Seguin/Toronto scenario Flames fans would never let us hear the end of it.
Is it not possible that Musil/Lander become good players AND adding Glencross helps the Oilers in a cup run. I think after 8 years of being out of the playoffs, the Oilers can afford to give up the likes of Musil and Lander to position themselves for a playoff run and an eventual cup run. Not to mention Glencross is only 30. It's not like he's going to play one more season and fade into obscurity.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do a deal with the Oilers with Glencross as the main piece. Not sure how keen they will be to do an intradivisional trade, though there was the Staois trade a few years back. Feaster's jabs at the Oilers organization probably doesn't help.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:17 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Is it not possible that Musil/Lander become good players AND adding Glencross helps the Oilers in a cup run. I think after 8 years of being out of the playoffs, the Oilers can afford to give up the likes of Musil and Lander to position themselves for a playoff run and an eventual cup run. Not to mention Glencross is only 30. It's not like he's going to play one more season and fade into obscurity.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do a deal with the Oilers with Glencross as the main piece. Not sure how keen they will be to do an intradivisional trade, though there was the Staois trade a few years back. Feaster's jabs at the Oilers organization probably doesn't help.
Ya, the fact that I'm iffy about the deal probably points to it being fairly close to even value. The way I see it if the pick ended up 1-14 the Flames would win the trade. 15-20 would be a fair deal and 21-30 would be a win for the Oilers.

After nearly a decade of horrible on-ice performance I'm not quite sure I want to bet on the Oilers finishing in the top half of the league.

If this deal were to go through I would still like to sub out Lander though for someone of close to equal value though. Our depth at centre is bad enough as it is.

Old
07-29-2013, 05:22 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do a deal with the Oilers with Glencross as the main piece.
Im the opposite; the more I think about what Glencross brings as a person to our team and what he asked for in taking the deal the more I think we're crazy if we ever ask him to waive.

Spokesperson for Special Olympics Canada
Raised over 100,000 for Calgary's Crimestoppers
Does all the childrens hospital team stuff
Part of a chuckwagon team
Takes 2.5M to pace for 30 goals
Makes the team tough to play with hits and blocked shots
Loves it so much that he asks never to be put in a position to be traded

Why wouldn't we want every young player to come into the league for us along side Curtis?

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:27 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

no thanks...top 15 pick PLUS a solid prospect for a 30 year old 3rd liner?
way too much risk

I like Glencross, and he'd fit right in here but I'm not overpaying for that...

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Ashasx

I'd want more as a Flames fan. We need more in return if we're giving up a good roster player to a rival team.

With that said, the Oilers should be looking to trade this 1st+ for a centreman or defenceman, not a winger.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

I just don't think Edmonton is at the level to be trading picks for players, I know they've made some progress, but they aren't contenders yet.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!
Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:23 PM
PAZ

Pretty fair value all things considered. Flames get a decent haul for a versatile player on an amazing contract, and helps Edmonton make the next step.

By the time the Flames are competitive again, Glencross won't be a big factor.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Im the opposite; the more I think about what Glencross brings as a person to our team and what he asked for in taking the deal the more I think we're crazy if we ever ask him to waive.

Spokesperson for Special Olympics Canada
Raised over 100,000 for Calgary's Crimestoppers
Does all the childrens hospital team stuff
Part of a chuckwagon team
Takes 2.5M to pace for 30 goals
Makes the team tough to play with hits and blocked shots
Loves it so much that he asks never to be put in a position to be traded

Why wouldn't we want every young player to come into the league for us along side Curtis?
Your first four points don't really affect me or the on ice product. It's great that he does community work, but that has nothing to do with his hockey ability. All players are required to do community work. Players like Backlund and Glencross go above and beyond. But if trading them improves our hockey club moving forward, I'm for it.

By the time we are in contention for the playoffs again, Glencross will be 34 and have his role replaced by Bartschi, Gaudreau, Agostino, etc. If we can get a solid defense prospect, a young checking centerman, and a 1st in next year's draft, I'll do that in a heartbeat.

I think with the additions of guys like Galiardi and Jones, along with the subtraction of guys like Tanguay, this team will be a hard-to-play team. Moving Glencross doesn't leave us completely devoid of gritty players.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote