HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Amaro is too scared to sell off any important players like Utley or Lee. He thinks that if they don't keep contending they won't get their big new TV deal in 2015. The problem is, the team won't contend anyway with the way it's currently contructed and the falling attendence and TV ratings reflect that.
Agree, I don't trust Amaro to handle such moves after the first Lee trade.

Old
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
If he signs him for more than three years, yeah that sucks. I still think the worst that's going to happen is he'll get a Rollins like deal. But really the whole problem with everything is that our GM sucks. I don't want him to trade anyone cause he sucks at that, and I don't want him to sign anyone cause he sucks at that too. He should be fired before the Phillies do anything.

However, we're stuck with him, so I guess I'd rather just keep Utley on a bad contract then trade him for Gillies and Aumont 2.0 and have no one at second base.
I get what you're saying it sucks that we have to pick our poisons on the account of our GM being a moron.

Like I said above I'm still leaning towards trading them even though I have no faith in RAJ. If they turn out to be bad deals then RAJ gets fired & we get a new guy who knows what they're doing with a lot of resources to do their job well.

Old
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Twitter is speculating that a deal is inching closer and closer for Lee.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Twitter is speculating that a deal is inching closer and closer for Lee.
I'm guessing at least one of Bogaerts, Bradley Jr., or Middlebrooks would be coming back?

Old
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
jml87

Good idea by Murphy

David Murphy @ByDavidMurphy
Would make a lot of sense if Phillies end up packaging Ruiz or Young along with Lee to make Contender X feel better about the price tag

Old
07-29-2013, 08:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Good idea by Murphy

David Murphy @ByDavidMurphy
Would make a lot of sense if Phillies end up packaging Ruiz or Young along with Lee to make Contender X feel better about the price tag
I saw a lot of Lee & Young mentions to Boston on twitter, maybe we could squeeze Middlebrooks out of them with Young going back too?

---------------

I keep seeing Garin Cecchini's name being brought up as possibly coming back from Boston, he's a 3rd basemen & is ranked 7th in the Red Sox system according to BA, anybody know anything about him?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614265.html

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old
07-29-2013, 08:20 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I saw a lot of Lee & Young mentions to Boston on twitter, maybe we could squeeze Middlebrooks out of them with Young going back too?

---------------

I keep seeing Garin Cecchini's name being brought up as possibly coming back from Boston, he's a 3rd basemen, anybody know anything about him?
They are both good but at this point we are pretty good at 3rd base. Asche is pretty good in AAA and Franco is even better. I guess they could move to the outfield but for Lee I'd want Bradley or Bogaerts as a centerpiece. If they could get either of those and Cecchini/Middlebrooks though, I would be thrilled.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
I'm guessing at least one of Bogaerts, Bradley Jr., or Middlebrooks would be coming back?
Id be very surprised if they Bogaerts. I think a trade would be centered about Bradley Jr..

Btw, Asche has homered twice more tonight. He needs to be brought up asap. Need to see if he can hit big league pitching.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:30 PM
healthyscratch

Zero chance they include Bogaerts in a Lee deal. Names mentioned were Bradley, Cecchini, and Barnes.

Cecchini is another 3B prospect and number 3 on their prospect list, not sure why they would want him though.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
They are both good but at this point we are pretty good at 3rd base. Asche is pretty good in AAA and Franco is even better. I guess they could move to the outfield but for Lee I'd want Bradley or Bogaerts as a centerpiece. If they could get either of those and Cecchini/Middlebrooks though, I would be thrilled.
Yeah, I was mainly talking about Bogaerts/Bradley & Middlebrooks if we sent Young along with Lee. Although I wouldn't mind just platooning Ashe & Fradensen to ride out the season basically to see what Ashe can do at the bigs.

The same NL executive that told the NY Daily News reporter that we are likely moving Lee to the Red Sox also said there's a very good chance Michael Young is on the move soon likely to the Red Sox or Yankees.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Id be very surprised if they Bogaerts. I think a trade would be centered about Bradley Jr..

Btw, Asche has homered twice more tonight. He needs to be brought up asap. Need to see if he can hit big league pitching.
I would be fine with Bradley. I don't what they plan on doing with Revere but we could move him to RF where his arm won't be as much of hindrance.

Ashe & Franco both need to be moved up ASAP.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
The Couturier Effect

@MartinoNYDN
Last thing on #Phillies: That exec in touch with Amaro believes Utley exension will be similar to Beltran's 2/$26 mil deal with STL.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Zero chance they include Bogaerts in a Lee deal. Names mentioned were Bradley, Cecchini, and Barnes.

Cecchini is another 3B prospect and number 3 on their prospect list, not sure why they would want him though.
Maybe they would try him at another position or could plan to use him in a future trade.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Cecchini is 22 in AA, is a doubles hitter, has a high average, high OBP, and a really high BABIP. He seems like a solid player, but I don't want the 7th rated prospect in an organization as the centerpiece for Lee.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Joe Strauss ‏@JoeStrauss 36m
Phillies' sudden availability of Lee does seem to have Cardinals ring to it. (Some) Internal support for making premium prospects available.
https://twitter.com/JoeStrauss

Old
07-29-2013, 08:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Cecchini is 22 in AA, is a doubles hitter, has a high average, high OBP, and a really high BABIP. He seems like a solid player, but I don't want the 7th rated prospect in an organization as the centerpiece for Lee.
I was seeing his name kicked around as a piece going back not a centerpiece.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
I was seeing his name kicked around as a piece going back not a centerpiece.
Ah ok, that was my initial thought, but Amaro.. so yea.

I'd want Bogaerts and another prospect if we kicked in Young with Lee. But if they're not getting him, and understandably so, they have to get at least 3 top prospects. They gave up 4 of their Top 10 prospects to get Lee originally, I'd want a similar return now. If it was Bradley, Cecchini, and Barnes that'd be a solid haul. That's 3 guys that could be on the roster next year. Barnes only if he's a reliever.

Having a couple guys that can play 3rd isn't a big deal. 2nd and 3rd are pretty much interchangeable if you're solid defensively, and if you can play one of those you can transition to first.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
healthyscratch

Protest, some consider Bogaerts a top 5 prospect in all of baseball. I doubt they would move him at all, let alone for Lee.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:20 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Ah ok, that was my initial thought, but Amaro.. so yea.

I'd want Bogaerts and another prospect if we kicked in Young with Lee. But if they're not getting him, and understandably so, they have to get at least 3 top prospects. They gave up 4 of their Top 10 prospects to get Lee originally, I'd want a similar return now. If it was Bradley, Cecchini, and Barnes that'd be a solid haul. That's 3 guys that could be on the roster next year. Barnes only if he's a reliever.

Having a couple guys that can play 3rd isn't a big deal. 2nd and 3rd are pretty much interchangeable if you're solid defensively, and if you can play one of those you can transition to first.
Bradley should definitely be an everyday starter in the Bigs next year. He had a great spring training, started the year off alright & then hit a rough spot which is fine because he surprised people to even be that far to begin with. He would at least solve our OF situation for next year with him in CF, Brown in LF, & Revere in RF.

I want at least Bradley or Bogaerts (likely Bradley) & two other prospects in their top 10 at least for Lee.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:45 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
I want Bogaerts + Bradley, but that's a pipe dream in my little brain.

Bradley + Ranaudo + Something else is likely what we're probably going to be hoping for.

I don't see them trading Lee for anything less than 3 significant prospect pieces.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
07-29-2013, 09:46 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Keeping Utley at 2 years is fine, I love it actually.

Old
07-29-2013, 11:57 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

---------------

I keep seeing Garin Cecchini's name being brought up as possibly coming back from Boston, he's a 3rd basemen & is ranked 7th in the Red Sox system according to BA, anybody know anything about him?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614265.html
Want no part of Middlebrooks. Already redundant with what we have. Low walk- high K player. Defense isn't spectacular.

Cecchini is the intriguing one. The anti-Amaro guy. High walk rate. Doesn't exactly fit the third base profile but he might be athletic enough to handle 2nd.

Bogaerts is the guy you target. In a perfect world you hope he sticks at short as his bat would be special there, but it doesn't seem like the case. I guess you could get a Hanley Ramirez like performance, but his bat will play just about anywhere you put him. 3B is his likely destination (he played there tonight), but that's the one position in the org that looks solid long term.

Quote:
I would be fine with Bradley. I don't what they plan on doing with Revere but we could move him to RF where his arm won't be as much of hindrance.

Can you imagine how many 1st to 3rds the other team will get with him out there? Your best arm needs to be in right provided he's not your centerfielder. Brown would slide over, Revere would probably stay in center, and Bradley would play left. I know Revere did it in Minny but there was no choice with Willingham already if left. I don't see Amaro giving up on Revere in center.

I'm not the highest on JBJ either. He's a nice player, but if he has to move to the corner, he's not nearly as valuable. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need some guys like him that can grind out ABs.

I would also imagine an arm coming our way as well.

Quote:
Maybe they would try him at another position or could plan to use him in a future trade.
That's my thought. He doesn't fit the prototype at 3rd base and we already have a decent pipeline at the position. I'd like to see what he could do at second (assuming Utley is signed short term). He could probably play a corner OF spot, but that's a power spot, and this team definitely needs some pop.

Either way, I see no way Bogaerts and Cecchini are included. Hopefully they can wheel for Bogaerts. We'll see what happens. It should be an interesting few days. If St. Louis gets in the market, that would be great as they are obviously loaded with young prospects. They could definitely use a lefty to balance out that rotation and they are deep enough to pay the high price and not set the organization back. If nothing more, StL can drive up the price. I just hope they can get an impact bat like Bogaerts or Taveras.

Old
07-30-2013, 12:37 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Can you imagine how many 1st to 3rds the other team will get with him out there? Your best arm needs to be in right provided he's not your centerfielder. Brown would slide over, Revere would probably stay in center, and Bradley would play left. I know Revere did it in Minny but there was no choice with Willingham already if left. I don't see Amaro giving up on Revere in center.

I'm not the highest on JBJ either. He's a nice player, but if he has to move to the corner, he's not nearly as valuable. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need some guys like him that can grind out ABs.

I would also imagine an arm coming our way as well.
Yup, I wasn't really thinking that one out when I typed it. I would honestly rather have Revere in LF though (assuming we acquire a legit CF). He's a good fielder & covers ground but his arm is so terrible.

It's weird having guy with a weak arm out there with being just a few years removed from Burrell-Victorino-Werth.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-30-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old
07-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Protest, some consider Bogaerts a top 5 prospect in all of baseball. I doubt they would move him at all, let alone for Lee.
He's a Hanley Ramirez, Chase Utley, Troy Tulowitzki type of middle infielder which is why they would not give him up, but when you're moving a Cy Young caliber pitcher under contract to a team that can absolutely handle the contract then he's the guy you want back. If they say no but we'll give you 3 top prospects and another low A ball boom/bust player then you take it. But you have to be focused on the guy that could be an MVP talent first.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Odd, the more I see them possibly trading Lee, the less I like it.

Closed Thread