HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ and Philly

Old
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
If Columbus actually wanted Meszaros and Grossman (which they most likely do not), they could get them for A LOT less. Like A ****ING LOT less.

In other news: Stop trying to dress JJ in orange, you'll make Sid mad.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:07 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
If Columbus actually wanted Meszaros and Grossman (which they most likely do not), they could get them for A LOT less. Like A ****ING LOT less.

In other news: Stop trying to dress JJ in orange, you'll make Sid mad.
JJ is going into Sid's division anyway.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:08 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
JJ is going into Sid's division anyway.
That's really not the problem. Sid just doesn't like anyone on their team.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
That's really not the problem. Sid just doesn't like anyone on their team.
Hopefully he hates blue very soon then.

Old
07-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

If the Flyers want JJ bad enough it will take Couturier in a package.

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Zirakzigil

The Jackets have good depth on defense, they would never do a trade like this.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:14 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Stop the madness

JMFJ is our soon to be C in Columbus, I do like the sound of the Flyers giving up Giroux for Umby & Nikitin, or Umby and Wiz?

Yeah that's the ticket, See what I did there?

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
JMFJ is our soon to be C in Columbus, I do like the sound of the Flyers giving up Giroux for Umby & Nikitin, or Umby and Wiz?

Not even comparable.

Giroux is two times the player that Jack Johnson is, who, quite frankly, is a pretty mediocre hockey player.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:38 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Avs could, likely would, and should be able to out bid the Flyers if JJ were to become available.

"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
AslanRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Not even comparable.

Giroux is two times the player that Jack Johnson is, who, quite frankly, is a pretty mediocre hockey player.
Giroux is among the elite forwards in the game, no doubt, but Jack Johnson is NOT a mediocre hockey player lol. He's a very good (not elite) defenseman who can log a lot of minutes and supply above average offense from the point. He also hits and plays an energy game which finds him out of position at times but also creates far more good than bad. Minute munchers who can supply offense do not grow on trees. Of course Johnson would never fetch Giroux in a trade but he would get a young, 1st round talent like Couturier plus a depth defenseman like Meszaros or Grossmann.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Avs could, likely would, and should be able to out bid the Flyers if JJ were to become available.
How so? Who could the Avs offer that beats Couturier+? The usual suspect is Paul Stastny but he won't get it done. Couturier is young, cheap and is already the best defensive forward on the Flyers before his 21st birthday. Stastny is a nice two-way center who is usually hurt, makes 6.6 mil and is 1 year away from being able to walk as a UFA. Couturier has been extended to 2016/17 with a cap hit of 1.3 mil (next year) and bumped to 1.75 mil (after next year). The Jackets wouldn't want the Avs young D like Elliott, Barrie or Siemens as their biggest depth (and strength) is defense.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:56 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Not even comparable.

That mediocre defenseman would probably be the best on your team with Timmonen another year older and noone is obviously suggesting for real or even saying its comparable. what is comparable is Johnsons importance to us like Giroux is to you guys. We lose Johnson thats a ton of minutes and a lot more stress on Tyutin.

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Not even comparable.

I don't think the point was to compare JJ to Giroux but rather the lunacy of the deal. JJ is not mediocre which you'll get to experience up close and personal next year. Looking forward to the new allignment.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Not even comparable.

If JJ is mediocre by your standards Giroux is the only good player on your roster, correct?

Old
07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Just not a fan of Jack Johnson. For a supposed offensive dman, he only has one season of over 40 points, and he has never been a competent player in his own zone.

Sure, he's sturdy, can skate, hit, and log minutes and sounds to be a great person in the locker room, but he isn't anything special offensively and can be outright terrible on defense at times.

You look at Jack Johnson, and you think, man, he has some serious tools to work with. Then you watch him play and he just has never lived up to his potential. His stats back that up, too.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafman522 View Post
I think Columbus owes philly after gifting bob to them
Voracek & Couturier not enough for you?

roboninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingschennzy View Post
Please tell me how that is so off base?
Because everything you said was wrong and you've clearly not watched JJ play since being traded?

Hilarious amount of ignorance in this thread regarding JJ. Watch him before throwing out these comments out as fact! Worst proposal I've seen in a while if it is indeed serious.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
stevo61

Johnson kinda like Phaneuf i guess kinda changed up their style and became more shut down style d then offensive. thats kinda why i want Johnson with Prout this year and Murray in the future. Have more of a green light offensively. Even if he only gives us 30-35 pts while playing 25minutes a game against the other teams top players how can you possibly not like that?

Old
07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post

Yeah sure

how about JJ + Murray for Giroux he got 1 year left and already signed a 8 years contract , i have no problem givng up Giroux for JJ+Muuray since he will come back next year.

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
Johnson kinda like Phaneuf i guess kinda changed up their style and became more shut down style d then offensive. thats kinda why i want Johnson with Prout this year and Murray in the future. Have more of a green light offensively. Even if he only gives us 30-35 pts while playing 25minutes a game against the other teams top players how can you possibly not like that?
There is a lot to like about Johnson. The Phaneuf comparison is pretty accurate with the exception (as the other poster pointed out) that Phaneuf is a top-end offensive defenseman and Johnson is just above average. Forget Phaneuf's HUGE years and he's still a steady 44-50 point threat while Johnson is a 32-38 point threat. That said, Johnson brings more than just offense...... physical play, durability and leadership. There's a reason he has captained USA in the Worlds. What the Jackets would have to evaluate is if they are DEEP enough on D to move Johnson in a trade. Right now, it would take a semi-overpayment for them to consider IMO since Murray and Erixon are not YET ready for top-4 roles. But when you look at a core of Wisniewski, Tyutin, Nikitin, Murray, Erixon and even Savard.... the Jackets COULD (in theory) move JJ if the value was impressive. But there is no way they give him away, that's not happening.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
Yeah sure

how about JJ + Murray for Giroux he got 1 year left and already signed a 8 years contract , i have no problem givng up Giroux for JJ+Muuray since he will come back next year.

What?

If Giroux is traded before his new contract kicks in, which is one of the least plausible things that could happen in the NHL, the team that trades for him would have him under team control for 8 more years.

Just because he signed the contract with the Flyers doesn't mean that the contract is only applicable when he plays on the Flyers.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
TheDinosaur

This is...oh my

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
There is a lot to like about Johnson. The Phaneuf comparison is pretty accurate with the exception (as the other poster pointed out) that Phaneuf is a top-end offensive defenseman and Johnson is just above average. Forget Phaneuf's HUGE years and he's still a steady 44-50 point threat while Johnson is a 32-38 point threat. That said, Johnson brings more than just offense...... physical play, durability and leadership. There's a reason he has captained USA in the Worlds. What the Jackets would have to evaluate is if they are DEEP enough on D to move Johnson in a trade. Right now, it would take a semi-overpayment for them to consider IMO since Murray and Erixon are not YET ready for top-4 roles. But when you look at a core of Wisniewski, Tyutin, Nikitin, Murray, Erixon and even Savard.... the Jackets COULD (in theory) move JJ if the value was impressive. But there is no way they give him away, that's not happening.
I see what your saying but in our list of d you have Nikitin is basically filling a spot until our young guys step up and i can see wisniewski gone eventually just because of his contract. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about Johnson and all the reasons you listed are reasons we need him. He and Tyutin are really our only guys capable of big minutes and Johnson is a real leader and will be a good mentor for our young guys. He may not be a big of kid at heart as Prospal was but you can still tell he has fun and loves the game and that carries throughout the room. Plus how can you not love that contract

Old
07-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 224
Quote:
What?

If Giroux is traded before his new contract kicks in, which is one of the least plausible things that could happen in the NHL, the team that trades for him would have him under team control for 8 more years.

Just because he signed the contract with the Flyers doesn't mean that the contract is only applicable when he plays on the Flyers.
that's kinda weird because it's a new contract and have no relation with the old one

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:12 PM
mercury

How about just Meszaros to Columbus for a 3rd?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote