HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Living in Arizona (and aliens)

Old
07-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebranded Fan View Post
Well I'll jump in with my 2 cents. The summer before Phoenix saw the lights, Prescott had its own viewing. For 3 consecutive weeks, every Sunday around 8-9pm we would see these orange globes slowly cross the sky. My neighborhood was in Prescott Valley and it was near Bradshaw Mt High School. I even called a few of my friends to talk about what we were seeing. The orange globes didn't make a noise and took about 20 minutes to go from as far as I could see to my right to as far as I can see to my left. This was before cell phone cameras and when I finally got a buddy of mine to come over with a decent camera, of course nothing happened.

It was a cool little story. And then we turned on the news one day and saw them in Phoenix.

I saw something similar in Tucson a few years before. Those have been crazy events but the only ones I have ever seen and went hmm.....
I'm gonna be the Buzzkill here. I saw these maybe a month ago, but I was right by them. They are certain type of "balloons" or bags that have fire in them that they release from churches/weddings etc. for celebrational purposes, ala the ending of the movie Hangover 2. I inquired about them.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm gonna be the Buzzkill here. I saw these maybe a month ago, but I was right by them. They are certain type of "balloons" or bags that have fire in them that they release from churches/weddings etc. for celebrational purposes, ala the ending of the movie Hangover 2. I inquired about them.
Those move horizontal across the nights sky? PV was still small enough to know of anything worth celebrating at the time...and a 3 week long celebration was a news event. Not saying those were UFOs but I am more certain it was some sort of ball lighting but that doesn't explain it all.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
Has it really come down to writing off anything that can not be easily explained as aliens or top secret government experiment? Aliens or ETs are the very last thing I would resort to. The second to last would be next generation aircraft.

I remember few people saw the B2 bomber until it rocked the middle east. I can't recall anyone having an idea about the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter or the F-22 Raptor until it was unveiled. Or the SR-71 Blackbird and U-2 aircraft until the government did not care if anyone knew. Why? Probably because the military learned from its mistakes and makes damn sure no one has a clue about the programs or operations until they don't care if anyone knows.

My point is its not likely to be a new military aircraft but more possible than an alien spacecraft.

So what are the odds that what is classified as a UFO by a community is probably an ordinary object in a place it is not normally found?

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
doaner

Should we change the thread to UFO's in Arizona? Sheesh!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Should we change the thread to UFO's in Arizona? Sheesh!
You didn't like the original purpose so we adapted it on the fly, just for you.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

The vortexs in Sedona would be another cool topic.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:57 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
The vortexs in Sedona would be another cool topic.
What was that again? I've heard of it, but I don't recall at the moment.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC96 View Post
What was that again? I've heard of it, but I don't recall at the moment.
Areas were people go to feel a spiritual something. Best I understand is if you view earth as a power that can heal you then these vortex things magnify that...you will also run into the weirdest people on the planet there.

Old
07-29-2013, 10:30 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Yay. I feel so special.

Old
07-29-2013, 10:31 PM
doaner

Quote:
Areas were people go to feel a spiritual something. Best I understand is if you view earth as a power that can heal you then these vortex things magnify that...you will also run into the weirdest people on the planet there.
And from other planets. Hahaha!

Old
07-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Desert Ice 11

Do pagans believe in vortex stuff? I really don't think vortexs are real but I don't really know enough about them to have an opinion.

I might sound like a hypocrite because I may not believe in aliens or vortexs but I do believe there are ghosts/spirits/apparitions/hauntings.

I would love to hear any ghost stories from any of you if you have one.

Ghost Adventures and Dead Files are probably my most watched TV shows.

EDIT: haha I feel dumb now. I looked up a vortex and it says that it is spiraling air like a tornado. Yea I do believe that is real. So Sedona is just full of dust devils?

EDIT #2: Ok not wind...spiritual energy? wtf? http://gosw.about.com/od/sedonaarizo...donavortex.htm

Last edited by Desert Ice 11: 07-29-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM
AndrewYotes

I lived in Sedona for my teenage years. It's a small town and pretty boring so in my earlier years my friends and I became miniature pyros. We'd often go to the the vortex near our neighborhood and pop off firecrackers and other explosives so I can't say I ever experienced any sort of spiritual awakening in the vortexes.

That town also had some really strange people. Some of them you would see on a regular basis and these people had nicknames given to them by the kids. Such notable characters included "Tree Lady" and "White Jesus".

AndrewYotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
It's kind of the SW version of living in NJ and commuting to Manhattan. NY pay and NJ house prices. Better combination.
Yes and no when considering ones social-economic status and time period. 20-30 years ago, it used to be that for many people in the Northeast and the West Coast they would drive as much as 1-3 hours each way to and from their high paying job in the city and back to and from their big inexpensive property in the suburbs or country and have all their bills paid for, save, and still have some play money. With inflation overtime(especially gas prices) many of those same people are either barley making it or not making it all and its those same people who are moving to such places as Arizona, Nevada, Texas, etc with the mind set that the grass is greener somewhere else.

Speaking of which, I spoke with some people here in AZ overtime about their experences of traveling back to their hometown and one of the things they told me they saw is something I saw when I was in the Bay Area a few months ago. Those same people and I noticed just by looking at the condition of the homes alone that more of the middle class(more the middle and lower middle class actually) have moved. Those who had the money really fixed up their homes to where they look brand spanking new, even the homes that were 1st built in the early 1900's. Those who didn't have the money had their homes look like they were 1 step away from collapsing onto itself. I never saw the homes that looked were somewhere in between the 2 conditions that I have mentioned.

It's nice seeing how in places like Arizona where (depending on the neighborhood) it looks just like how things were back in our respective hometown years ago or better. Despite all the crap states like Arizona and Texas get for their politics, it still makes one wonder(though the answers are obvious to why); what is it that states like Arizona and Texas are doing right that these other places today aren't?

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-29-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:00 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
Did they look like this?

OmG!!!!!

Not even close. Between each light there was an edge connecting them.

NHLfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:12 PM
zz

A thread about living in AZ naturally evolving into UFO sightings is just unbelievably awesome. I love it.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:19 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 262
The lights were no big deal and can be explained thusly...

Just Kang and Kodos

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
OmG!!!!!

Not even close. Between each light there was an edge connecting them.
Just asking so I can get an idea of what you saw. Not saying that is what you saw.

Planes flying close in formation might look like an edge connecting them. Bell Rd. and 43rd Ave is 30 miles away from Luke AFB...You are saying that there is absolutely no way you saw a formation of F-16 jets coming if for a landing at night?

Last edited by Desert Ice 11: 07-29-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old
07-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Quote:
Well I'll jump in with my 2 cents. The summer before Phoenix saw the lights, Prescott had its own viewing. For 3 consecutive weeks, every Sunday around 8-9pm we would see these orange globes slowly cross the sky. My neighborhood was in Prescott Valley and it was near Bradshaw Mt High School. I even called a few of my friends to talk about what we were seeing. The orange globes didn't make a noise and took about 20 minutes to go from as far as I could see to my right to as far as I can see to my left. This was before cell phone cameras and when I finally got a buddy of mine to come over with a decent camera, of course nothing happened.

It was a cool little story. And then we turned on the news one day and saw them in Phoenix.

I saw something similar in Tucson a few years before. Those have been crazy events but the only ones I have ever seen and went hmm.....
Interesting story. Too bad there were no cell phone cameras around back then.
Crazy stuff.

Anyways, glad I could spark some heated discussion about the Phoenix Lights

Edit: Just saw the title change. Well done AP

Last edited by Vip: 07-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:45 AM
SR

Had a guy bring in a live grenade to my fire station over the weekend.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/New.../2569913674001

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
A thread about living in AZ naturally evolving into UFO sightings is just unbelievably awesome. I love it.
I love both of these comments

Alright another cool topic that interests me is the Superstition Mountains. Have read articles that state weird things happen there such as people going missing, ghost sightings, the lost gold mine etc.

Anyone ever visited them?

If you're just gonna flame me for asking about this stuff, please just ignore my posts.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Had a guy bring in a live grenade to my fire station over the weekend.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/New.../2569913674001
Scary stuff. You would be surprised at how many old war vets have those laying around in storage and family members fining them. I am happy no one was hurt.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:09 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 262
Never been there but from what I've read, people go looking for the "lost" goldmine and then end up getting themselves lost. Depending on the time of year, dehydration can kill you pretty quick once whatever water they pack in is used up.

Somewhat cool to have stories like that to spark the imagination but you'd hope that people weren't killing themselves over it.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:13 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Edit: Just saw the title change. Well done AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Never been there but from what I've read, people go looking for the "lost" goldmine and then end up getting themselves lost.
Talking about the "Lost Dutchman's" thing?

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:16 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
I love both of these comments

Alright another cool topic that interests me is the Superstition Mountains. Have read articles that state weird things happen there such as people going missing, ghost sightings, the lost gold mine etc.

If you're just gonna flame me for asking about this stuff, please just ignore my posts.
I can see the Superstitions from my house, and I grew up a about a 7 minute drive away from them. There's a lot of old spooky legends about that place.

Last edited by CC96: 07-30-2013 at 01:24 AM.
CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:42 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:

Yeah there are a few awesome hikes to be had in that park. There's one that goes up a canyon with nice vegetation, and at the top (Fremont Saddle) is a great view. I believe it's called the Peralta trail. One of the best hikes in AZ. Took one of the loop trails one time but it faded and so we were lost. Ended up saying 'screw it' and just vaulted over the mountain between us and the trailhead area. Never been happier to sit on a soft car seat before or since. Picked Cholla (big ones and the little ********) out of myself for the next week.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote