HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders / Flyers trade

Old
07-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

vCash: 500
Islanders / Flyers trade

Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Errrrrr NO.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Errrrrr NO.
Well offer some feedback. Why no?

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:49 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Islanders have Tavares/Strome/Nielsen/Nelson/Cizikas at C. We don't need another. We don't have anyone trustworthy in the pipeline at RW to replace Okposo. Reinhart is exactly what we need in terms of a steady defensive defensemen. Doesn't make sense at all.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:49 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Not enough value going to the Isle

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:06 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I'm a big Couturier fan, but I don't do this trade. Especially since we're within the division.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:43 AM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Flyers take this and run, and I'm a Flyers fan. And no, I don't think Coots will ever be a top line center. 2nd pairing at best.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:46 AM
NYI91

If this proposal was done at the midway point of last season, most Isles fans, including me, would have probably said yes.

That being said, Okposo showed his true upside in the 2nd half and in the playoffs. Hope he starts off this year like that.

Decent offer, but I'd decline as an Isles fan.

NYI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:49 AM
PropJoe

If the Flyers are trading Couturier its in a package for a established top pairing D-man not a guy who some project as a second pairing guy and an underachieving winger.

While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal. Couturier is already an elite defensive center and everything points to him developing a good offensive game when paired with capable. Broad Street Hockey did a good post on this topic and I believe the said when paired with good offensive wingers he scored at an ES pace that wouldve been good enough for eighth in the league.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:54 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Too many moving pieces, can't see these two teams making a trade with players this significant, Islanders don't really need Couturier, and there is no top pairing defenseman coming back to Philadelphia, so I don't move Couturier.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:11 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
If the Flyers are trading Couturier its in a package for a established top pairing D-man not a guy who some project as a second pairing guy and an underachieving winger.

While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal. Couturier is already an elite defensive center and everything points to him developing a good offensive game when paired with capable. Broad Street Hockey did a good post on this topic and I believe the said when paired with good offensive wingers he scored at an ES pace that wouldve been good enough for eighth in the league.
Reinhart's projected to be a 2nd pairing guy? Really?

Old
07-30-2013, 01:16 AM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Alex Mills

The Flyers wouldnít trade Couturier in a package for Weber last summer prior to the offer sheet, so this idea is even less likely. The Islanders have gotten stronger at center with Strome and Nelson on the way, and moving Reinhart before he even gets started would be hasty based on the suggested defensive return.

Alex Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
http://www.hockeyprospectus.c" icle.php?articleid=1352

Corey Pronman one of the most well-respected Hockey prospect writers there is, "he could be a good second pairing defender."

I think you're overrating because of draft position. Couturier is easily the more valuable piece.

Also, the face palms are really ****ing dumb when what I said was completely true. So instead of being an ******* when someone says something about one of your players that you don't like how about fact checking or asking where I read that instead of responding like some thoughtless moron who has nothing to contribute but some stupid emoticon. Thanks.
That "most respected writer" has Kabanov as the Isles number 2 prospect and De Haan rated before Reinhardt. That is some pretty ridiculous stuff.

07-30-2013, 01:41 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:

How about you say where you saw that projection in the first place instead of me having to ask?

Old
07-30-2013, 01:41 AM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
That "most respected writer" has Kabanov as the Isles number 2 prospect and De Haan rated before Reinhardt. That is some pretty ridiculous stuff.
Jesus Christ, can you guys read? Did I say "most respected," or "one of," ?

For reference Bob McKenzie often refers people to his scouting reports on prospects after trades involving them happen. He's definitely well respected not that I can tell you anything about those guys. Also keep in mind that ranking is over a year old.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jesus Christ, can you guys read? Did I say "most respected," or "one of," ?

For reference Bob McKenzie often refers people to his scouting reports on prospects after trades involving them happen. He's definitely well respected not that I can tell you anything about those guys. Also keep in mind that ranking is over a year old.

Pretty obvious that you don't know jack about any of these prospects. You just rather mindlessly bought what you read on a website.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Le Golie

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you are serious but I don't want to believe it. And the back peddling in your next post is priceless.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Would you be upset about that? I'd be totally fine to bank him as a 2nd pairing Dman. Lots of dmen on the 2nd pairing that are awesome.

Quote:

Those rankings are total ****. Should have picked a better source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?
Coots is great, but doesn't fill an organizational need. We have Nelson and/or Strome to hopefully push Nielsen down to 3C.

We have plenty of guys like Talbot, we're not lacking character or grit in our bottom 6.

Meszaros is a UFA at the end of this season who we likely won't resign at the price tag he's accustomed to. Too many prospects knocking on/down the door (Donovan CDH, Griff and thats only wave 1)

And I don't know who Manning is so he's not enough to give up salary controlled Okposo and Griff.

Value in a vacuum? Not bad. From an Isles POV, doesn't make sense.

If you still had JVR.... then we'd be interested.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:16 AM
achdumeingute

I don't see how this makes any sense from a Flyers perspective either.

Reinhart isn't the defensive prospect we need.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:19 AM
Riptide

Quote:
While its not a position of need for the Isles I really think they win this deal.
LOL! No, not a fan of either team. But the Islanders do not win this deal.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:37 AM
richardsequalscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?
So essentially, you want the Islanders to give up a decent power forward who is still young and a very highly rated defenseman prospect for a kid in Couturier, a defenseman coming off a bad injury and a couple of dopes. Yeah, that makes no sense for the Islanders.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:14 AM
19NYSports91

Not interested at all, way too many players involved too. Makes no sense for the Islanders especially since they have Ryan Strome and Brock Nelson as the future #2 center.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:19 AM
captainpaxil

why do the flyers do this?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:34 AM
JT4President

Aside from the insults, I agree with the posters that talked about "not being an organizational need" for the Isles. Coots will be a very good player, no arguing that, we just currently have plenty of C's. Reinhart is a prospect that needs to develope. 1st pair or 2nd pair, no one can predict that at this point so that conversation is pointless. Kyle Okposo is like that 50 cent grab bag at the corner store. You have no idea whats inside in the bag, never know what you will get. There is still plenty of hope for him to become the player that was projected to be a 1st line winger.

JT4President is offline   Reply With Quote