HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/Montreal Calgary/Detroit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2013, 02:39 AM
  #1
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Calgary/Montreal Calgary/Detroit

Hudler to Montreal for Desharnias + Darren Dietz
- The canadians get the best player in the deal with hudler who could find chemistry with his countryman plekanec. Flames get a young C who can play in the top 6 and even though he is not big at all at 5'7, it is only a 2' decrease from Hudler's 5'9 so the size exponent of this deal should not really matter, what should matter is that the flames get 3 years younger in the deal and add to a position of weakness at C. Along with Desharnais the Flames also get young defenceman Darren Dietz who would add needed depth to our defence prospect pool and is a Alberta boy.

Chris Butler + Tim Jackman to Detroit for Patrick Eaves + Kyle Quincy
- The Red Wings unload Quincy's contract and gain much needed cap space to sign nyquist while getting a younger cheaper Defencman who can replace some of Quincy's minutes, the Flames get Quincy who can easily play in their top 4 and is still just 27 years old plus the flames have the space to absorb his contract and they swap Jackman and Eaves, Flames have no use for Jackman with Mcgratten resigned and could use Eaves more IMO, he is also another Calgary boy. I realize the redwings also have no use for Jackman right now with tootoo but they downgrade from Eaves to Jackman to even out the deal a bit for Calgary since they are taking on more money, also keep in mind that Jackman is cheaper than Tootoo and the redwings could always keep Jackman and than turn around and trade Tootoo to gain more cap space.

Flames lines after:
Glencross,Desharnias,Cammalerri
Baertchi,Backlund,Jones
Galliardi,Stajan,Stempniak
Bouma,Knight,Eaves/Mcgratten

Giordano,Wideman
Brodie,Quincey
Russel,O'brien

Ramo
Macdonald
Berra

Flamesarmstrong22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:44 AM
  #2
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
We don't want to unload Desharnais' ****** contract only to take on another midget with a worse contract, and lose a good prospect with potential on top of that.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:11 AM
  #3
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
i'll be nicer: not a big fan of Hudler's contract.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:28 AM
  #4
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
I don't see how you can complain about Hudler's contract when you are trading Desharnias's the other way, Hudler gets payed only 500k more than Desharnias and is signed for one less year, so arguably Desharnais contract is worse than Hudler's. The canadians get the better player on the better contract and the flames get younger and address a position of need at C

Flamesarmstrong22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:40 AM
  #5
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I don't see how you can complain about Hudler's contract when you are trading Desharnias's the other way, Hudler gets payed only 500k more than Desharnias and is signed for one less year, so arguably Desharnais contract is worse than Hudler's. The canadians get the better player on the better contract and the flames get younger and address a position of need at C
Hudler being better than Desharnais is arguable at best, not a given as you seem to believe. Habs would pass. We would be willing to trade DD, but it would be for a bigger player who fits one of our 2 needs, not for another small forward who is not significantly (if at all) better than Desharnais.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:15 AM
  #6
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Wings need contract space as badly as cap space. 2 players out and 2 players in does the wings no good.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:53 AM
  #7
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,493
vCash: 500
I don't see Hudler as being better than Desharnais. He's a little bit bigger, but that's about it. Neither player really fits Montreal's needs. I wouldn't bother with trading Desharnais alone for Hudler, too sideways, let alone throwing in a decent prospect like Dietz.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:05 AM
  #8
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post

Flames lines after:
Glencross,Desharnias,Cammalerri
Baertchi,Backlund,Jones
Galliardi,Stajan,Stempniak
Bouma,Knight,Eaves/Mcgratten

Giordano,Wideman
Brodie,Quincey
Russel,O'brien

Ramo
Macdonald
Berra
wow...i havent seen such a weak lineup since... i cant even remember

KingPuckChoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:22 AM
  #9
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,390
vCash: 500
Desharnais and Hudler are pretty equal. I don't see why Montreal would lose a good prospect just to make a switch like that.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:48 AM
  #10
Scuba-Steve
Registered User
 
Scuba-Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Québec
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Desharnais and Hudler are pretty equal. I don't see why Montreal would lose a good prospect just to make a switch like that.
One could argue that Desharnais hold more value as he has produced more in the last 2 years , is 2 years younger and has a better contract .

Yeah let's add Dietz to even things up !

Scuba-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:56 AM
  #11
HABSFTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
The canadians get the best player in the deal with hudler who could find chemistry with his countryman plekanec.
Problem with that (and the logic of making this trade in the first place) is that they are both centers. Not sure if either have played wing before.. but that's what would have to happen for them to play together.

I mean I guess there's some value there which is nice to see on these boards, but the trade doesn't really make sense for Montreal.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
  #12
ALI
Registered User
 
ALI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,218
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
Problem with that (and the logic of making this trade in the first place) is that they are both centers. Not sure if either have played wing before.. but that's what would have to happen for them to play together.

I mean I guess there's some value there which is nice to see on these boards, but the trade doesn't really make sense for Montreal.
Hudler is a Lw/Rw not a center just to tell you.

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:54 AM
  #13
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,988
vCash: 50
Hudler is a winger.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM
  #14
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,116
vCash: 600
I guess I'd do it though Quincey is our #4 dman coming into the season so I'm a little hesitant to move him for Butler.

I'd also rather to something like Quincey+Eaves for Butler+2nd or 3rd+4th. We need to clear some contract spaces & clear the logjam we have at forward.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
  #15
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Id do Desharnais and Thrower for Hudler and Bouma.

No way do we give you Dietz and get no other prospect in return.

LeHabsMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:10 AM
  #16
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quincey and Eaves bring much more to the Wings than would Jackman and Butler.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:11 AM
  #17
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSFTW View Post
Problem with that (and the logic of making this trade in the first place) is that they are both centers. Not sure if either have played wing before.. but that's what would have to happen for them to play together.

I mean I guess there's some value there which is nice to see on these boards, but the trade doesn't really make sense for Montreal.
He is a winger.

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Brian Gionta
Jiri Hudler - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher

I actually really like these lines... but i still wouldnt do DD and Dietz for Hudler.

LeHabsMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
  #18
mrinsane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
DD+Dietz vs Hudler hell no but replace Hudler by Bouma and Dietz by Dumont or Leblanc and you've got a deal maybe

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:24 AM
  #19
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,612
vCash: 500
Getting a Guy with a bigger contract, even if a bit shorter, who addresses no need would be stupid from MTL point of view considering who is due for a 150% raise next season, not to mention the guys whose contract expire and who'll have to be extended or replaced.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
  #20
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Quincey and Eaves bring much more to the Wings than would Jackman and Butler.
It should be more like...

Giordano + Jackman

for

Quincey + Eaves + Tootoo

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
  #21
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
DD+Dietz vs Hudler hell no but replace Hudler by Bouma and Dietz by Dumont or Leblanc and you've got a deal maybe
I'll be honest I didn't know much about Dietz when I made the proposal, I just put him in the deal because Calgary needs D prospects but if Montreal fans don't want him traded I would also do the deal for thrower or Leblanc

Flamesarmstrong22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
  #22
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,116
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
It should be more like...

Giordano + Jackman

for

Quincey + Eaves + Tootoo
While Giordano does make some bonehead plays he is the only minute eating defenceman on the flames right now. Brodie isn't at that level, they need at least 1 dman who can play 20-24 minutes a game & not look totally out of place.

I think we'd have to add a B prospect to have them consider it, even then it may take more.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:24 PM
  #23
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
While Giordano does make some bonehead plays he is the only minute eating defenceman on the flames right now. Brodie isn't at that level, they need at least 1 dman who can play 20-24 minutes a game & not look totally out of place.

I think we'd have to add a B prospect to have them consider it, even then it may take more.
Yeah no. We don't actually want any piece being offered in that trade, so we'd need more than a B prospect.

The original OP's are something I wouldn't do.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:40 PM
  #24
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Hudler to Montreal for Desharnias + Darren Dietz
- The canadians get the best player in the deal with hudler who could find chemistry with his countryman plekanec. Flames get a young C who can play in the top 6 and even though he is not big at all at 5'7, it is only a 2' decrease from Hudler's 5'9 so the size exponent of this deal should not really matter, what should matter is that the flames get 3 years younger in the deal and add to a position of weakness at C. Along with Desharnais the Flames also get young defenceman Darren Dietz who would add needed depth to our defence prospect pool and is a Alberta boy.
In my opinion, the Habs don't pull the trigger on that one. If you want Desharnais, Curtis Glencross would likely be the desired target from Montreal.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:41 PM
  #25
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
While Giordano does make some bonehead plays he is the only minute eating defenceman on the flames right now. Brodie isn't at that level, they need at least 1 dman who can play 20-24 minutes a game & not look totally out of place.

I think we'd have to add a B prospect to have them consider it, even then it may take more.
Yah no.. Your not getting our top pairing dman for that package

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.