HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Wars 2.0

Old
07-30-2013, 02:31 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 597
Why is Montreal trading Plekanec again? Why do we want Elliott?

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
I'm not sure how much thought went into this... there's so many issues it's not even funny. Honestly this looks like someone posting trades for teams for the sake of making trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSoldier95 View Post
I am the GM of the old West & East Conference and I can only trade players out of their conferences , those are the 15 deals that I am proposing. ( Salary Cap , Team Needs, Depth Areas and Years Remaining on the contract are all factors included).

Hopefully it doesn't favor one team in particular as much as last time, If you disagree with my deals , try to counter offer instead because it's not as easy as you guys think

1. PHI- PHX Brayden Schenn + Matt Read + Erik Gustafsson ( Extended Hometown Discount ) 2,8Millions for 3 years for Keith Yandle

Phx passes

2. MTL - STL Tomas Plekanec for Brian Elliott + Patrick Berglund
Perhaps this makes sense

3. PIT - DAL Paul Martin for Trevor Daley + Vernon Fidller
Pens pass. Martin was one of their top Ds

4. CAR- CHI Tuomo Ruutu for Nick Leddy + Andrew Shaw
Not looking at the cap... but I'm pretty sure this would cause issues for Chicago

5. WAS-DET Michael Neuvirth for Kyle Quincey
Why does Det do this?

6. NYR- SJS Marc Staal + Chris Kreider+ Brian Boyle ( Salary Dump ) for Patrick Marleau + 1st round pick ( Conditionial on the NYR making it to Eastern Conference Finals)
Don't see either team doing this

7. NYI - NAS Frans Nielsen for Kevin Klein + Gabriel Bourque
Not sure either team does this. NSH needs D depth, and doesn't need centers

8. OTT - CLB Mike Zinanejad + Cory Conacher for Jack Johnsson
Ottawa laughs. They have Karlsson and Wienorch (sp), zero need for JJ.

****9. BUF- VAN Stafford + Keleta for Nicklas Jensen & Dale Weise and a 3rd round draft pick
I don't think Vancouver can afford this cap wise.

10. TOR-LA Nikolai Kulemin for Matt Greene
Toronto doesn't need a Matt Greene type. If they wanted that, they would have kept O'Bryne as a UFA. They also have serious cap issues, and still need to sign Kadri and Franson.

11. TBL- EDM Ryan Malone for Ladislav Smid
Edmonton needs D help... they can't afford to move their best defensive D

12. NJD- COL Mark Fayne + Jacob Jofensen for Jamie Mcguin & 2nd round draft pick ( Conditional if Jofensen produces over 30 points & 75 games played )
Not sure this makes sense for anyone... ?

13. BOS - CAL Nicklas Svedberg & Ryan Spooner for Lee Stempniak and a conditional (2nd round pick if Spooner plays over 50 games)
Calgary says yes, Boston says easy no

14. FLA - ANA Tomas Fleischman for Emerson Etem
Ducks are rebuilding... they're not trading one of their better prospects for Fleischman

15. WIN- MIN Zack Reymond + Patrice Cormier for Zack Phillips
I wouldn't do this from WPGs pov

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."

Last edited by Riptide: 07-30-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Vancouver won't give up Jensen for that package.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:37 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Yea, Devils easily say no.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:41 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Better than the last one overall but worse for the habs (and other teams)...why do we get rid of plekanec for a goalie...we have Price

07-30-2013, 05:18 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
I am the GM of the old West & East Conference and I can only trade players out of their conferences , those are the 15 deals that I am proposing. ( Salary Cap , Team Needs, Depth Areas and Years Remaining on the contract are all factors included).

13. BOS - CAL Nicklas Svedberg & Ryan Spooner for Lee Stempniak and a conditional (2nd round pick if Spooner plays over 50 games)
There is no way you looked at all the bolded when you came up with this deal.

Boston has plenty of youth that can fill the 3rd line RW so depth isn't an issue. Stempniak has one year remaining on a decent contract but Boston is giving up two of their better prospects for a rental who hasn't cracked 20 goals or 40 points in 3 years. Boston also doesn't have the cap space to pull off this deal.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:21 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

very easy no from NJ

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:24 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:

Hopefully it doesn't favor one team in particular as much as last time, If you disagree with my deals , try to counter offer instead because it's not as easy as you guys think

1. PHI- PHX Brayden Schenn + Matt Read + Erik Gustafsson ( Extended Hometown Discount ) 2,8Millions for 3 years for Keith Yandle

6. NYR- SJS Marc Staal + Chris Kreider+ Brian Boyle ( Salary Dump ) for Patrick Marleau + 1st round pick ( Conditionial on the NYR making it to Eastern Conference Finals)

****9. BUF- VAN Stafford + Keleta for Nicklas Jensen & Dale Weise and a 3rd round draft pick

12. NJD- COL Mark Fayne + Jacob Jofensen for Jamie Mcguin & 2nd round draft pick ( Conditional if Jofensen produces over 30 points & 75 games played )

No chance OTT does that trade with Columbus. And its Zibanejad.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
This proposal became DOA as soon as the idea of trading JMFJ became part of it. Both Conacher and Zibanejad would be valued additions (enough so that I imagine Ottawa finds it equally reprehensible), but JMFJ means a lot more to the team than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Deal. Mike Zinanejad is all yours. I've never even heard of that guy.

In the spirit of the OP Ottawa says no (on both value and budget) and counters with

Zack Smith for Cody Goloubef and a 4th round pick
We like Cody, and Smith doesn't really represent anything we don't already have two or three of on the roster with an additional three or four in the system. No thanks.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

1. PHI- PHX Brayden Schenn + Matt Read + Erik Gustafsson ( Extended Hometown Discount ) 2,8Millions for 3 years for Keith Yandle take out Gustafsson and it's not bad but Flyers fans will have a heart attack

2. MTL - STL Tomas Plekanec for Brian Elliott + Patrick Berglund Don't see why MTL wans Elliott

4. CAR- CHI Tuomo Ruutu for Nick Leddy + Andrew ShawI wouldn't deal Shaw straight up for Ruutu

5. WAS-DET Michael Neuvirth for Kyle Quincey Doubt WAS would do that

6. NYR- SJS Marc Staal + Chris Kreider+ Brian Boyle ( Salary Dump ) for Patrick Marleau + 1st round pick ( Conditionial on the NYR making it to Eastern Conference Finals)LOL Rangers get hosed

7. NYI - NAS Frans Nielsen for Kevin Klein + Gabriel BourquePred get hosed

8. OTT - CLB Mike Zinanejad + Cory Conacher for Jack Johnsson Neither team does it.

****9. BUF- VAN Stafford + Keleta for Nicklas Jensen & Dale Weise and a 3rd round draft pick Apparently Vancouver is allowed to be over the cap?

10. TOR-LA Nikolai Kulemin for Matt Greene Doesn't make sense for either team

11. TBL- EDM Ryan Malone for Ladislav Smid TB needs to add and EDM can't give up Smid

12. NJD- COL Mark Fayne + Jacob Jofensen for Jamie Mcguin & 2nd round draft pick ( Conditional if Jofensen produces over 30 points & 75 games played ) Value isn't bad but doubt NJ can afford to give up Fayne

13. BOS - CAL Nicklas Svedberg & Ryan Spooner for Lee Stempniak and a conditional (2nd round pick if Spooner plays over 50 games)LOL why? Calgary doesn't need goalie prospets and Boston wouldn't move either of those pieces individually for Stempniak who wouldn't have a spot on their roster

14. FLA - ANA Tomas Fleischman for Emerson Etem FLA needs more for one of their few proven scorers

Why does Minny do this?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Catsfan7

This is the best thread in a while. Probably the best one since the ESPN name/picture photoshop one lol.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanerixon View Post
I stopped reading after the first trade proposal....

A young promising center/winger who plays two way hockey and isn't afraid of the physical play.
A young guy who can pot 20+ goals a season, plays the PP and PK very well.
A young promising defenseman who could have potentially have a similar offensive upside as Yandle(perhaps not as many points, but not far behind).

It just doesn't make sense, that package for Yandle. I love Yandle, I'm a huge Yotes fan after my Flyers. But this past year, he played on the second pairing with OEL. I mean, I know it's Tip's system but still. I just don't like the proposal, at all. Maybe I'm alone in that, but I wouldn't do it.
Not saying the Flyers should do that deal, but dear God your evaluation of Yandle and the way you phrase your descriptions of each piece is way off.

Gustafsson not that far off from Yandle with similar upside. LOL.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

Smid for Malone ??? No way Oilers touch that with a 10 foot pole, TB would have to add to even get the Oil to pick up the phone.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Malone for Smid? That is just awful.

With a quick look, most of your proposals are garbage.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
McNasty

If you're going to do something like this, at least put some time and thought into team needs. The Flyers already have an extra defenseman, and you're trading 2 cheap forwards and a cheap defenseman for 1 player that makes more than the 3 of them combined on a team that's already OVER the salary cap (though I realize LTIR will get them under as soon as the season begins).

Value wise it's a bit steep for the Flyers, but they have no internal replacements for the players they would be giving up and the limited cap space would make it impossible to try and go bargain hunting on what's left in UFA.

I'm sure that's the case with several of his other proposals as well.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

Hopefully it doesn't favor one team in particular as much as last time, If you disagree with my deals , try to counter offer instead because it's not as easy as you guys think ....

6. NYR- SJS Marc Staal + Chris Kreider+ Brian Boyle ( Salary Dump ) for Patrick Marleau + 1st round pick (Conditionial on the NYR making it to Eastern Conference Finals)

thanks, but no thanks.
Appreciate you gave a first class asset + a 1st.

We do want to move Staal and possibly Boyle. But until we know how good Kreider is, it makes sense to keep him, esp. since he is on a smaller salary and much younger than the expensive vet we'd get in return.

See if you can keep the 1st and do something around Staal + for Marleau, without Kreider.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:49 PM
NiKrejci

Boston/Calgary trade is truly horrible for Boston.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:30 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not saying the Flyers should do that deal, but dear God your evaluation of Yandle and the way you phrase your descriptions of each piece is way off.

Gustafsson not that far off from Yandle with similar upside. LOL.
Okay, so what's Yandle in your eyes? I see him as replaceable, and a trade piece. I never said he was bad. Hell, you even said a few post up that the value is much in favor for Arizona. I love Yandle, but Tip's system doesn't really require a defeneseman of his play. Am I wrong? Hockey is a business, that' just how I'm looking at it. If he wasn't a trading piece, we wouldn't hear his name come up so much in the trade rumor column. I'm just being realistic.

As far as Gus goes, he's a puck moving defenseman, who plays both ends of the ice very well(for his age). I never said he would be Yandle, in fact I said he most likely wouldn't be. I said he has the potential to come close offensively, to what Yandle can do. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:

Not interested from Vancouver.

To me, we already have Booth who is a top-6 guy with consistency issues making ~4 million. Stafford doesn't really do much for Vancouver.

I would do Weise straight up for Kaleta.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
rather prefer to keep those guys

But again are the coyotes ready to move Yandle for 3players that got only 1year left in their contracts

Edit: if b.schenn want to sign with philadelphia next year after the trade i'll take the deal and run

Last edited by Flyerss: 07-30-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Crede777
Deputized

No chance Ottawa offers Zib + Conacher. They would not want Johnson who only thrives when in the top pairing but would not compliment Karlsson like Methot does.

They would want Tyutin instead as Gonchar's replacement. Tyutin isn't available either and Ottawa wouldn't offer the proposed package.

No chance Columbus moves Johnson who is a huge part of our defense and team at least until Murray is further along.

Not a practical or particularly even valued proposition.

Last edited by Crede777: 07-30-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Flyerfan47

Quote:

Horrible flyers deal, and your a flyers fan?

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Its conflict of interest if Mad Mike works for that many teams.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
thanks, but no thanks.
Appreciate you gave a first class asset + a 1st.

We do want to move Staal and possibly Boyle. But until we know how good Kreider is, it makes sense to keep him, esp. since he is on a smaller salary and much younger than the expensive vet we'd get in return.

See if you can keep the 1st and do something around Staal + for Marleau, without Kreider.
Nope. We need top 6 wingers a lot more than defense. With Havlat out for the year, our only top 6 wingers are Marleau, Pavelski (most likely moved to 3C), Burns and Torres.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Absolutely not to the St. Louis deal. And There's no chance in hell that Ottawa trades Conacher and Zibanejad for Jack Johnson.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote