HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Weekes Start against the Sabres on Sunday?

Old
11-03-2006, 10:25 AM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Does Weekes Start against the Sabres on Sunday?

Kevin has played well lately. I think he deserves to start. I think Renney should ride him while he is hot. We need two good goaltenders.

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
No.

11-03-2006, 10:33 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch View Post
Kevin has played well lately. I think he deserves to start. I think Renney should ride him while he is hot. We need two good goaltenders.
Agree. Lundqvist is no good for now. Keep Weeks until first loss. Then let Henrik play until he looses. Very much last year scheme.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:34 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Weekes might see a few more games now than he originally would have this season if he didn't play well these past couple of games, but Lundqvist will be in net vs. the Sabres

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
True Blue

This is just getting silly

Henke is the goalie that lots of folks around here were ready to proclaim is the definite goalie of the future and were ready to trade Montoya away. He is still the goalie that lots of people were ready to hoist his jersey as a HOFer.

Henke is the starter. Weekes is the backup. Nothing has changed.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:42 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Henke is the goalie that lots of folks around here were ready to proclaim is the definite goalie of the future and were ready to trade Montoya away. He is still the goalie that lots of people were ready to hoist his jersey as a HOFer.

Henke is the starter. Weekes is the backup. Nothing has changed.
I agree, he is. But now is not the time to assure that. We need to win some games to position ourselves well for the time he is ready to compete. Weeks is my choice. I hope he is Renney's choice too.

Old
11-03-2006, 10:44 AM
bathgate

Henke/Montoya are the goalies of the future. Weekes is now relegated to backup. I wanted Weekes in goal last night and I want him in goal, sparodically, in the future. Until proved otherwise, Henke is our number one goalie. He starts on Sunday. Weekes plays to insure that Henke is not overused as he was last year, partially due to the Olympics.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Hopefully the "team defense" is the same for Lundqvist as it was for Weekes.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:49 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I agree, he is. But now is not the time to assure that. We need to win some games to position ourselves well for the time he is ready to compete. Weeks is my choice. I hope he is Renney's choice too.
Well Lundqvist has won the team what 5 games already? You wanna play your best goalie against the best team in the league. The Rangers best goalie is Lundqvist hands down. I think hes gonna play 10x's better now that there is a slight chance of Weekes getting more starts because he is so competetitive. Weekes played well these last two games, but not good enough to overtake Lundqvist for the #1 spot and start game in and game out.

Old
11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Fletch

Should Weekes...

and does Weekes start are two different threads. Does he start? I think there's a good chance because Renney hates changing things up (unless it's Orr and Dawes). I think Lundqvist needs to get back into the swing of things. You don't want him idle too long and with Weekes playing well, Renney can start getting him into more of a rotation.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

This shouldnt matter...

if the Rangers play defense the way they should. Alot of outside shots last night. Weekes made a few key saves, but im sure Henrik wouldve gotten them too, and maybe even a shutout to boot.

Plain and simple, if Lundqvist was in these past two games he would have won them and a few more earlier on top of that if the defense was respectable like last night.

Which in this case is why your #1 should get most of the time... and who's the #1?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:53 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and does Weekes start are two different threads. Does he start? I think there's a good chance because Renney hates changing things up (unless it's Orr and Dawes). I think Lundqvist needs to get back into the swing of things. You don't want him idle too long and with Weekes playing well, Renney can start getting him into more of a rotation.
Plus the home ice, Henrik's land of opportunity, Weekes's land of hell.

Old
11-03-2006, 10:57 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Also remember that Weekes got blown out of the water the last time the Rangers played Buffalo this season. I think that is another reason why Lundqvist will get the start.

Old
11-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think we will see Henrik in there for the game against the Sabres, but its a tricky move. On one hand you want your starter to go play against one of the top teams in the league,so that would suggest playing Henrik. But on the other hand you have a hot goalie right now who won two games against two top teams in the leauge in back to back nights. But lost against the Sabres already once this season. So the question isnt so cut and dry, atleast not to me. I dont honestly know who will get the go. But a sheer guess would be Lundqvist

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Plain and simple, if Lundqvist was in these past two games he would have won them
I highly doubt it. Weeks didn't play better than Heneke last year. He played, however, better than this year Lundqvist. AS A RESULT DEFENSE HAD MUCH MORE CONFIDENT PERFORMANCE.

Old
11-03-2006, 11:18 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Mercifully you are not the coach. If you want to win more games, then you need your #1 goalie.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:22 AM
lotus

I really hope Lundqvist plays. No question about it Weekes is playing well but as whateverhisnameis said in his blog, this could light a fire under Hank. Plus, its the Sabres. If they dish out a beating and just fly by our defense again, it could knock Weekes off track. Play Weekes against Florida and then for the Atlanta game go on whoever is hotter.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
I highly doubt it. Weeks didn't play better than Heneke last year. He played, however, better than this year Lundqvist. AS A RESULT DEFENSE HAD MUCH MORE CONFIDENT PERFORMANCE.
The team defense as a whole was great for Weekes. I wish Lundqvist would get that much support. A lot of shots that get through to Lundqvist were either blocked or deflected wide for Weekes.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

So the Rangers playing a good solid team defense was a result from WEEKES playing in net????

come on now.. i didnt see Weekes throw any checks, direct traffic with flashing lights or do anything that Henrik didnt do. In fact Weekes did a great job of just standing their in the right spot, which has helped his game a ton. (the mental aspect of him being in there, as a change of scenery i can agree with, the backup theory i talked about)

Tell me the saves in particular that Weekes made the Lundqvist wouldnt have...

and tell me that Weekes could have stopped the 5 or 6 deflection goals that Lundqvist has let up in the last 5 starts, any goalie will let in most of those. How bout the dead giveaway Roszival had against Florida? Weekes stopping that? The Rachunek **** up goal? Or the goal vs the penguins where it went off Wards skate?

IM sure the defense played like crap in those games because of something Lundqvist was doing in the crease right?

Maybe they have a hard time understanding the phrase "Man on!" when it comes out of Henriks mouth... thats gotta be it.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 11-03-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
lotus

There was definitely no chance of Lundqvist saving that goal Weekes let in last night =p

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootin'Tyutin View Post
Hopefully the "team defense" is the same for Lundqvist as it was for Weekes.
the defense may not have been the best but Henke by his own admission said he needs to play better than he has .... competition is healthy. Lundy SHOULD feel threatened by Weekes.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
There was definitely no chance of Lundqvist saving that goal Weekes let in last night =p
that was rediculous. A Golaie should NEVER relax when the puck is in his zone. *** ???

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Maybe they have a hard time understanding the phrase "Man on!" when it comes out of Henriks mouth... thats gotta be it.
Well... he is Sweedish, I think only Nylander can understand him

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
that was rediculous. A Golaie should NEVER relax when the puck is in his zone. *** ???
lol a goalie should never relex when the puck is on their side of the red line. Should always be tracking the puck and have your angles correct no matter where the puck is on the ice. Not only did he relax with the puck in his zone but his angle was about 2 feet off lol

Old
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
WheresBarnaby

Nah,

it's gonna be Henrik

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote