HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Teddy Purcell

Old
07-30-2013, 08:23 AM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup* View Post
I actually thought this would be one guy that would be worth the risk for the Rangers.

As for an offer. I think Boyle and Zuccarello who I don't think fits with the Rangers and perhaps a 4th round pick is fair. I'd gladly substitute Stralman for the 4th round pick. I'm not nearly as high on him as many Rangers fans. He's not on the same planet as Del Zotto talent wise but if you listen to Rangers fans, they ignore all his crappy games and focus on his good games. Basically, he will play 40 very good games, 20 average games and 20 lousy games.

Lightning can't play any defense and Boyle can help them a lot with that problem. I believe the Rangers really want Lindberg to take the spot of Boyle so he's expendable. Let's face it, if you put Zucc with either St. Louis or Stamkos, he will score.
Purcell would be a great fit for you but you don't want to give up what it would cost to get him. We want a top 4 D but not Del Zotto, we need a RHD who's defensive like Girardi. Don't see you moving him but you really struggled offensively last year and Purcell would help that at the cost of your D getting weaker.
We have no need for Zuccarello, Boyle would add size to our bottom 6 but is not a need, wouldn't mind Stralman as he would give us another righty and add depth on D if Salo gets hurt. I wouldn't mind a player like McIllrath but would have to add to him to get Purcell. The cap might become a problem though in that situation.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
I actually thought this would be one guy that would be worth the risk for the Rangers.

As for an offer. I think Boyle and Zuccarello who I don't think fits with the Rangers and perhaps a 4th round pick is fair. I'd gladly substitute Stralman for the 4th round pick. I'm not nearly as high on him as many Rangers fans. He's not on the same planet as Del Zotto talent wise but if you listen to Rangers fans, they ignore all his crappy games and focus on his good games. Basically, he will play 40 very good games, 20 average games and 20 lousy games.

Lightning can't play any defense and Boyle can help them a lot with that problem. I believe the Rangers really want Lindberg to take the spot of Boyle so he's expendable. Let's face it, if you put Zucc with either St. Louis or Stamkos, he will score.
I doubt you meant this to be intentionally but this is OFFENSIVE.

Boyle never even smelled 45 points, zuccarrello is undersized and not as good of a scorer at .5 per game as 7-8 prospects we have ready whom would do a better job and play better on both ends RIGHT NOW. A fourth pick while getting rid of your trash for a guy whom pretty much is staple for 55 points a year.

Yes we say doesnt play defense but guy is not like say brunner for detroit whom was terrible defense. Why he gets good minutes meaning purcell.

I mean I hope your not serious on this cause if so you really need to go look at things and do more homework. Now that being said if and when we trade purcell I would think would be for defense as the center piece.

Stralman really? Your kidding me so we should take a non physical no real talent d man maybe has a hard shot but is not physical AT ALL with no real upside at all whom cant defend a physical forward boyle and zuccarrello by the way whom is still unsigned and about the smallest player in NHL for Purcell?

Good call when you get serious about offers let us know.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
So spare parts for a 60 point scorer on a decent contract (3 more years at $4.5 million).

Purcell can play either wing, very good playmaker with an underutilised but decent shot.

The Lightning are overloaded with young forwards with potential, Panik, Drouin, Killorn, Connolly, Kucherov, Palat, Hart, Johnson, Brown, Namestnikov. Why would they want to add to that by trading 1 forward for 2?

Purcell for Zuccarello, Boyle and a 4th is laughable.
I said offensive cause it is OFFENSIVE

Old
07-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Stastny for Purcell straight up?
Similar players. Staz has a better defensive game but Purcell has a lower cap hit.
Colorado has too many centres and Stastny could be a great 2c in Tampa. Does Tampa need Centres over wingers?

Both teams are in need of D more than anything, but it's still a somewhat fair swap which could improve both teams partial needs.

edit: Just compared players stats over the last few years. Colorado would definitely have to add. Not a fair swap like I said earlier.
I think would be very fair except what statsny is used to being paid which means is NO way we resign him so we would take a decent contract at 55-60 for hope that statsny could become the upgrade 65 and up that I belive is capable of for 2 to 2.5 million dollars more?

No that wont work. I like statsny a lot better than purcell.

You go get him signed for 3 to 4 more years at 6.0 and maybe would would relook at this his upside is better purcell is not gonna get better statsny depending on linemates could. We have johnson at center coming and vladdy yet neither have statsny upside and like said he defense is better.

I just think statsny becomes free agent and someone overpays him either in years or money.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:

When say is offensive here is my trade proposal to this one. I will trade you malone thompson whom is much better player for what he does than zuccarrelo and crombeen and a third for richards.

This is comparable to what your offering. I would love that deal yet think NY would laugh honestly laugh and hang up.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Unfinished Business

I do see you moving richards or buying out yet cannot see them not getting a lot better offer for him if wanted to truly move him from someone.

If moved him your hit if retired early I believe in how is works would be 3.5 and the other teams about 1.8 so would be worth it to a lot of teams to take the chance he plays till is 41-42 at a decent level.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:26 AM
mrinsane

Gorges+Moen for him

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Gorges+Moen for him
I like Gorges game it would fit us well and allow us to move Brewer. But he's not worth Purcell and I have concerns he'll hold up over the length of his contract with the way he plays. Moen is negative value with his contract.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Can't see us dealing Purcell for anything less than a high impact shutdown defenseman.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote