HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ and Philly

Old
07-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Insulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
that's kinda weird because it's a new contract and have no relation with the old one
You're right, it has absolutely nothing to do with the old one. That doesn't mean it just goes away if he's traded. They just already have his next contract lined up for when his current deal expires.

I'm pretty sure Carter never played for the Flyers under the extension he signed with them.

Insulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:28 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
How so? Who could the Avs offer that beats Couturier+? The usual suspect is Paul Stastny but he won't get it done. Couturier is young, cheap and is already the best defensive forward on the Flyers before his 21st birthday. Stastny is a nice two-way center who is usually hurt, makes 6.6 mil and is 1 year away from being able to walk as a UFA. Couturier has been extended to 2016/17 with a cap hit of 1.3 mil (next year) and bumped to 1.75 mil (after next year). The Jackets wouldn't want the Avs young D like Elliott, Barrie or Siemens as their biggest depth (and strength) is defense.
We have a player named O'Reilly who may be available in late February. The Avs have very good players as well, along with a stronger need for a top LHD and therefore perhaps a higher willingness to pay.

Wasn't trying to make the mighty Flyers feel in any way inferior though.

07-29-2013, 11:30 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
How about just Meszaros to Columbus for a 3rd?
Well there are a few obvious answers on why this would be a no. A) this put us over the cap B) As its been stated 9000000000 times before D is our strength. We have 8 guys (10 if you wanted to count Savard and Melart) fighting for 6 spots. I wouldnt want Meszaros if you reatined 3.99mil and asked for a 5th

stevo61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:02 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Just not a fan of Jack Johnson. For a supposed offensive dman, he only has one season of over 40 points, and he has never been a competent player in his own zone.

Sure, he's sturdy, can skate, hit, and log minutes and sounds to be a great person in the locker room, but he isn't anything special offensively and can be outright terrible on defense at times.

You look at Jack Johnson, and you think, man, he has some serious tools to work with. Then you watch him play and he just has never lived up to his potential. His stats back that up, too.
You should really watch CBJ Jack Johnson. Its a shame he won't be able to ever kick his performances in LA just because he's in Columbus. Because this is way way off to our JJ. Pity.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:44 AM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafman522 View Post
CBJ gives
Jack Johnson

PHI Gives
Andrej Meszaros
Nick Grosmann

How does this sound as a basis for a trade. CBJ gets some depth at D while the Flyers get a potential #1 D man
My Mazda 3 gets good gas mileage Flyers fans, if someone in this trade needs a ride, let me know. I'll drive everyone to their destination if I have to.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:54 AM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
How about just Meszaros to Columbus for a 3rd?
According to capgeek Columbus only has right around 2 million in cap space. They'd pretty much be in our cap situation of they did that trade.

Edit: sorry had this thread open a for a while but thought I just reloaded the page. My mistake it's already been stated.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Do people not think about trades on here before posting? Just throw a dart at a list of names and think "Yup, they both play hockey, good trade".

Where's the logic?

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I can only assume that this proposal was designed to try to kickstart a rivalry between CBJ and Philly fans, because it doesn't make any sense any other way.

Sadly, it's been defeated by being so g-dawful that even Philly fans are coming out in droves to shoot it down.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Giroux is among the elite forwards in the game, no doubt, but Jack Johnson is NOT a mediocre hockey player lol. He's a very good (not elite) defenseman who can log a lot of minutes and supply above average offense from the point. He also hits and plays an energy game which finds him out of position at times but also creates far more good than bad. Minute munchers who can supply offense do not grow on trees. Of course Johnson would never fetch Giroux in a trade but he would get a young, 1st round talent like Couturier plus a depth defenseman like Meszaros or Grossmann.
This also seems to describe Phaneuf as well!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I can only assume that this proposal was designed to try to kickstart a rivalry between CBJ and Philly fans, because it doesn't make any sense any other way.

Sadly, it's been defeated by being so g-dawful that even Philly fans are coming out in droves to shoot it down.
Just to add to it, this Philly fan thinks it's a bad offer too. Most Philly fans understand the value of players, and when one like this arises, we want no part of being lumped in with it. Some will say "oh Philly fans". But really, it is a select few that would look at this and think it's a fair deal.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:27 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
CBJ gives
Jack Johnson

PHI Gives
Andrej Meszaros
Nick Grosmann

How does this sound as a basis for a trade. CBJ gets some depth at D while the Flyers get a potential #1 D man
No thank you. We don't need depth at defensemen, we don't need to give up Johnson, and we definitely don't need to give up Johnson for those 2 players.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Just not a fan of Jack Johnson. For a supposed offensive dman, he only has one season of over 40 points, and he has never been a competent player in his own zone.

Sure, he's sturdy, can skate, hit, and log minutes and sounds to be a great person in the locker room, but he isn't anything special offensively and can be outright terrible on defense at times.

You look at Jack Johnson, and you think, man, he has some serious tools to work with. Then you watch him play and he just has never lived up to his potential. His stats back that up, too.
I won't fault you for not being a fan of JJ. However, I do think you would find that the JJ who has played for Columbus the previous two seasons is not the one you describe or many pegged in LA. He has a lot more positives than negatives to his game. We're very happy with him and he's on a great contract just in his prime. Not that I'll change your mind but maybe you'll see a difference when the CBJ and Flyers play more frequently.

The OP was horrible regardless. Like JJ or not.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
CBJ gives
Jack Johnson

PHI Gives
Andrej Meszaros
Nick Grosmann

Regardless of whether this is JJ or any other player, if you truly believe has the potential to be a #1 D-man do you really think this is a deal worth putting out there? Think of what each team might need. What are the cap implications... I don't think two players with signfiicant injuries, totalling $7.5MM cap hit ($9MM real money), one with an expiring contract and the other.... Oh forget it.

Bad, bad deal.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
CanadienShark

CBJ has far better defensive depth and talent than Philly, why would they give up their likely captain for depth?

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
I'm pretty sure Carter never played for the Flyers under the extension he signed with them.
Nor the Jackets, for that matter.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:21 AM
RedWingsForPresident

Does Columbus get all the Flyers players wives too?

Horrible for Columbus

RedWingsForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:41 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
He plays more minutes against teams top players and drastically improved his +/- while on a non playoff team? yeah i guess your right, he sucks now because he puts on a Columbus jersey
I'm sorry, I see how my post was confusing, I was trying to say that he is considerably more valuable than he was when LA traded him

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
Does Columbus get all the Flyers players wives too?
No, Jeff Carter was traded by Columbus, remember?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

OP is from Cincy, not sure if that indicates a team preference, but this thread should have been deleted by the Mods upon arrival (DOA). I'd be embarrassed if this was proposed by a fellow Flyer fan.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:59 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
OP is from Cincy, not sure if that indicates a team preference, but this thread should have been deleted by the Mods upon arrival (DOA). I'd be embarrassed if this was proposed by a fellow Flyer fan.
About rafman522

Favorite Teams
Philadelphia Flyers

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Flyer fan, hell. For all I know we were both trolled by a Pittsburgh fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
About rafman522

Favorite Teams
Philadelphia Flyers
Oh.

Well, yikes. Sorry, guys. We have our crazies too.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
About rafman522

Favorite Teams
Philadelphia Flyers

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Every thread on here involving the Flyers is completely stupid. I'm gone for a now...

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:06 PM
jayball75

This proposal is almost as ugly as meszaros himself

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:20 PM
phlocky

Quote:
CBJ gives
Jack Johnson

PHI Gives
Andrej Meszaros
Nick Grosmann

YES YES YES!!!!

That means it's probably a "NO NO NO!!!" from CBJ's POV, lol.

Hell, I'll even promise to "lube up" before we bend you over in this deal. If you want a "reach around" too I'll even go that far.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:22 PM
phlocky

Quote:
I think Columbus owes philly after gifting bob to them
Well, if you look at the end result of our 2 trades it ended up being something like Voracek + Couturier for JJ + Bob + whomever CBJ took with the 1st in the Kings trade so it's probably about fair. We won the Carter trade (whom they then had to flip to the Kings for JJ and a 1st) and CBJ won the Bob trade.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote