HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 MLB Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
RangerBlues

vCash: 500

I feel ill.

Old
07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Braun settled for 65, it was his choice.

I got a feeling that if this goes to court, A-Rod won't get more than 25-50 because thats what the CBA states for first time offenders It doesn't matter how much evidence they have.. it will still be his first time being suspended.

I don't think you can just hold all this evidence then try to dish it out all at once. It won't hold up when he fights it, and it'll be a glorious day.

I really don't understand what baseball is trying to do here. Let the steroid **** pass. What do you have to gain by releasing the names of all these players? Bringing negative press to your own sport. Anyone who REALLY cares about steroids has already stopped watching.

I personally do not feel any less about the players who used, because I'm not convinced it helps you become a better baseball player.

Braun is a ****** though, for lying and attacking the guy who took his test sample the way he did.
and if the MLB has evidence that proves Arod tried to destroy some evidence from the biogenesis as reports suggest?... or how many times Arod has received "treatment" from them, etc? This could go far beyond the CBA.. It could turn into criminal charges if he really did try to destroy evidence.

Old
07-29-2013, 12:04 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Dan Murphy is 5th in the NL in hits.

lirl

Good player.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Jon Heyman mentioned something I first noticed, alot of these Biogenesis guys are buddies with Arod. He may have been recruiting them.
With that said, it would not surprise me if that's part of the evidence they have on him for a life time ban.
He also tried to cover up stuff. Pay off guys, erasing email ect....

Old
07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Jon Heyman mentioned something I first noticed, alot of these Biogenesis guys are buddies with Arod. He may have been recruiting them.
With that said, it would not surprise me if that's part of the evidence they have on him for a life time ban.
He also tried to cover up stuff. Pay off guys, erasing email ect....
Who cares? He's done, anyway.

Baseball is a joke with all of this. They turned a blind-eye to steroids to build the game back up, now they want to kill guys for using PEDs. Kinda like us arming the Taliban in the 80's to fight the Russians, then....

yeah...

The baseball/PED discussion has to be one of the most boring topics in the history of sports. NOBODY CARES!!

Old
07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Who cares? He's done, anyway.

Baseball is a joke with all of this. They turned a blind-eye to steroids to build the game back up, now they want to kill guys for using PEDs. Kinda like us arming the Taliban in the 80's to fight the Russians, then....

yeah...

The baseball/PED discussion has to be one of the most boring topics in the history of sports. NOBODY CARES!!
Nobody cares or you don't care? I would think that the majority of baseball fans care...

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
07-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Murph-Dawg is now salting my crow. I'm just getting the bib on now.

07-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Lundsanity30

Further developments in Alex Rodriguez's Biogenesis saga came across the wire this evening, as Major League Baseball was reported to be pursuing another method of suspension beyond the performance-enhancing drug laws:

That is certainly a new angle. According to FOX Sports, a CBA suspension "would eliminate any chance of delaying a penalty until after the case goes to an arbitrator." Here's more:

While use of banned performance-enhancing substances falls under the drug agreement, MLB may argue other alleged violations are punishable under the labor contract, a person familiar with management's deliberations told the AP, speaking on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized.

Taking that action would prevent the New York Yankees third baseman from returning to the field, even if he recovers from a quadriceps injury cited by the team as the reason for keeping him on the disabled list.

And merely threatening to use that provision might give MLB leverage to force a deal.

Old
07-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
But whether such hostilities break out depends upon how damning the evidence is that MLB gathered during its long investigation of Rodriguez. MLB investigators believe they have a mountain of evidence that shows Rodriguez attempted to interfere in their investigation, as well as hundreds of emails, text messages and phone records that show Rodriguez engaged in performance-enhancing drug use in 2010, 2011 and 2012, and possibly longer.
Quote:
If Alex Rodriguez is intent on fighting his looming suspension in an effort to stay on the field and protect his contract, commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to throw the book at the steroid-stained Yankee by invoking one of his office's most extreme privileges — the right to take action against a player to preserve the integrity of the game, the Daily News has learned
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1412251

Old
07-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

What a friggin' mess. Yikes.

Old
07-29-2013, 11:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
the right to take action against a player to preserve the integrity of the game
What a crock of ****.

Old
07-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
the mlb is a freakin joke

Old
07-30-2013, 01:03 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

So...when's the NFL season starting? NHL training camps aren't too much after that.

The sooner the Yankees cut ties with A-Rod, the better. His ******** looming over the team is not good, and he's a little chicken**** for looking to fight and drag things out.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:26 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

This what happens (okay not this PED mess exactly) when you sign a 32 y/o player to a 10 year deal.

Tell Cano to take a walk if he wants more than 5 years.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What a crock of ****.
agreed Blue, Selig turned a blind eye when players were cracking 50HRs and fan attendance was through the roof. He only finally decided to do something when congress stepped in.. Bud should ban himself as well.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM
RangerBlues

Selig is as big of a turd as Braun. I hope Laurenzi sues all of them into oblivion.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
This what happens (okay not this PED mess exactly) when you sign a 32 y/o player to a 10 year deal.

Tell Cano to take a walk if he wants more than 5 years.
Cano should already have a long term deal by now, but as in the case with Jeter after 99, the Yankees have this stupid policy that they dont break and wait until they get to the players FA status before they even attempt to negotiate with them. That is fine if you dont have a budget to stick with, but as soon as the Yankees went into "budget mode", they should have broken that policy with Cano.

Now, if they keep him, they will once again overpay by a significant amount because there is always that one team/GM out there willing to pay, and if they don't keep him, well they just lost their premiere player who is in the middle of his prime.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:58 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

And here's a perfect example of why the media and Selig's handling of this disgusts me.

http://deadspin.com/no-one-came-to-t...mony-949257714

What should've been two no-brainer first ballot HoFers, Piazza and Bagwell, are denied the honor by the moronic sportswriters because they "maybe potentially could've" done steroids (even though there's no concrete evidence to tie either Bagwell nor Piazza to PED use.)

I'm fine with guys like Clemens not getting in, whatever. But Bagwell and Piazza are sure to be just two of many talented players who have their reputations dragged through the mud by this witch hunt. Disgusting.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
And here's a perfect example of why the media and Selig's handling of this disgusts me.

http://deadspin.com/no-one-came-to-t...mony-949257714

What should've been two no-brainer first ballot HoFers, Piazza and Bagwell, are denied the honor by the moronic sportswriters because they "maybe potentially could've" done steroids (even though there's no concrete evidence to tie either Bagwell nor Piazza to PED use.)

I'm fine with guys like Clemens not getting in, whatever. But Bagwell and Piazza are sure to be just two of many talented players who have their reputations dragged through the mud by this witch hunt. Disgusting.
Bagwell and Piazza deserve to have their reputations questioned. Every MLB player who let the union bully them into allowing their fellow players to cheat should be ashamed of themselves.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Lundsanity30

I'm sure Chris Davis (and why shouldn't he?) will be watched as well.. same with Miguel Cabrera.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Bagwell and Piazza deserve to have their reputations questioned. Every MLB player who let the union bully them into allowing their fellow players to cheat should be ashamed of themselves.
What?

Even if your broad generalization of every player allowing themselves to get "bullied" is correct (it's not), that has nothing to do with their in-game accomplishments which is what the hall is about.

With no legitimate evidence, they don't "deserve" to have their reputations questioned. That's insane.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Lundsanity30

Pete Rose isn't even in the HOF because of betting on baseball, how legit is the HOF really anyway?

Old
07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Every last one of them should be in the HOF.

Bonds, Clemens, Piazza, Bagwell, etc. First ballot HOFers without question.

Pete Rose too, for that matter.

As I said, MLB is a total joke.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
What?

Even if your broad generalization of every player allowing themselves to get "bullied" is correct (it's not), that has nothing to do with their in-game accomplishments which is what the hall is about.
If you're saying players who have steroid implications should be included in the Hall anyway...that's a different argument. Some people agree (Barry Bonds received over 200 votes...36%) some do not...most current HOF'ers in particular.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Pete Rose isn't even in the HOF because of betting on baseball, how legit is the HOF really anyway?
Pete Rose is in the HOF. At least all of his accomplishments are. He just does not have a plaque with his face on it.

Closed Thread