HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders / Flyers trade

Old
07-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Flying

vCash: 500
fills no need for either team.

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT4President View Post
Aside from the insults, I agree with the posters that talked about "not being an organizational need" for the Isles. Coots will be a very good player, no arguing that, we just currently have plenty of C's. Reinhart is a prospect that needs to develope. 1st pair or 2nd pair, no one can predict that at this point so that conversation is pointless. Kyle Okposo is like that 50 cent grab bag at the corner store. You have no idea whats inside in the bag, never know what you will get. There is still plenty of hope for him to become the player that was projected to be a 1st line winger.
After years of having Okpos on a keeper league...that description is him to a T. So great during some stretches, then gone for others. I hope he can put it together because I think he has 60+ point upside.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

That is ****ing horrendous for the Flyers

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Would you be upset about that? I'd be totally fine to bank him as a 2nd pairing Dman. Lots of dmen on the 2nd pairing that are awesome.
I mean, yeah, I'd be a little upset. I'd be happy that Reinhart is a top-4 NHL defenseman but I would rather see him be a top pairing guy.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I mean, yeah, I'd be a little upset. I'd be happy that Reinhart is a top-4 NHL defenseman but I would rather see him be a top pairing guy.
I wouldn't be upset. In fact, I think that would be a fine outcome.

To me, the issue is not how good Reinhardt will be, the problem I had with that earlier poster is that he made that call based on a webpage and basically knows nothing about the actual player.

That page was brutal. Kabanov as our second best prospect?

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 07-30-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
That is ****ing horrendous for the Flyers
On opposite day...

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Curufinwe

Couturier is going to be the 3rd line center in Philly for the next three seasons at an average cap hit of $1.6m. It makes no sense to trade him unless it's part of a deal for a #1 defender.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:00 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Reinhart is just another Coburn. No thanks.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?
Why didn't you just throw in Strome and a 1st to even it out?

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:12 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
If Reinhart is just another Coburn, does that mean Couturier is just another Frans Nielsen?

Old
07-30-2013, 12:14 PM
StillAnIslesFan

None of this makes sense.

-Why would the Isles want Couturier when they passed on him for Strome in that draft?
-Why would they trade their best D-Prospect right now (DeHaan is an x-factor due to injury)?
-Why would they want Mez, who is injury prone and not so great?
-Why would they trade Okposo at all right now?
-And Talbot the turtle going to the Isles???

Again makes no sense, as the Isles would not be tradin either Okposo or Reinhart in the next few years, if ever.

StillAnIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
And, you KNOW this how? Have you actually watched Reinhart, carefully scouted him, etc?

There are a lot of leaps here.

To me, declaring GR to be nothing more than a 2nd pairing guy is even more silly than declaring SC to me "just" a third line center. At least most of us have actually seen SC play.

In any case, in the OP, the Isles basically give up two fairly nice pieces and get one nice piece in return. The rest of it is bunch of "quanity for quality" stuff. It is a one sided deal in Philly's favor.

Old
07-30-2013, 12:24 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
And, you KNOW this how? Have you actually watched Reinhart, carefully scouted him, etc?

To me, declaring GR to be nothing more than a 2nd pairing guy is even more silly than declaring SC to me "just" a third line center. At least most of us have actually seen SC play.

In any case, in the OP, the Isles basically give up two fairly nice pieces and get one nice piece in return. The rest of it is bunch of "quanity for quality" stuff. It is a one sided deal in Philly's favor.
He definitely doesn't KNOW. I only seen him live once and about 5-7 times on TV and I'm an Isles fan. I love how other teams fans make comments about a prospect when they haven't even seen them play.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:27 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillAnIslesFan View Post
None of this makes sense.

-Why would the Isles want Couturier when they passed on him for Strome in that draft?

-Why would they trade their best D-Prospect right now (DeHaan is an x-factor due to injury)?
-Why would they want Mez, who is injury prone and not so great?
-Why would they trade Okposo at all right now?
-And Talbot the turtle going to the Isles???

Again makes no sense, as the Isles would not be tradin either Okposo or Reinhart in the next few years, if ever.
I don't think that really means anything. Opinions change in 2+ years. Even if they don't, they could value Strome and Couturier more than Strome and Reinhart. I doubt it, but I don't think the fact that they took Strome over Couturier really applies to anything here.

Quote:

Reinhart's been getting crapped on a lot today. Not sure why, other than the fact that people really, really like point totals. Can't wait to see Griff make the jump. Maybe he'll silence some of this unwarranted heat he's been taking.

Old
07-30-2013, 12:35 PM
StillAnIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't think that really means anything. Opinions change in 2+ years. Even if they don't, they could value Strome and Couturier more than Strome and Reinhart. I doubt it, but I don't think the fact that they took Strome over Couturier really applies to anything here.

Reinhart's been getting crapped on a lot today. Not sure why, other than the fact that people really, really like point totals. Can't wait to see Griff make the jump. Maybe he'll silence some of this unwarranted heat he's been taking.
Fair enough, but Strome hasnt played in the big league yet, Coutourier has. This could be better discussed after next season. Isles are pretty high on Strome right now too.

StillAnIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Islanders receive:
-Couturier, Sean
-Talbot, Max
-Meszaros, Andrej
-Manning, Brandon

Flyers receive:
-Okposo, Kyle
-Reinhart, Griffin
-4th round pick

Thoughts?
Flyers say NO!
IF Couturier gets dealt, it's for a number 1 defenseman. Why are people having such a hard time understanding that?

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:38 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Flyers say NO!
IF Couturier gets dealt, it's for a number 1 defenseman. Why are people having such a hard time understanding that?
Take it up with your fellow Flyer fan. Isles fans want nothing to do with this.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
SaintTavares

vCash: 578
Quote:
Flyers say NO!
Because he hasn't even averaged 30 pts in a full season yet maybe? Yea he does more than that, but nobody is going to give up a number one defensemen for somebody who is still adjusting to the NHL.

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:49 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
Because he hasn't even averaged 30 pts in a full season yet maybe? Yea he does more than that, but nobody is going to give up a number one defensemen for somebody who is still adjusting to the NHL.
Casey Cizikas had more of an impressive year than Couturier last year. Cizikas played on the 4th line and averaged 5 less minutes and put up the same amount of points. Also, had 4 points in 6 games in the playoffs. Not saying he's better obviously, just saying we don't need Couturier especially for that cost.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
And by that same logic...Strome and Griff have not even played yet. But I bet Strome is not pigeon holed as a 3rd line center.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
I wouldn't be upset. In fact, I think that would be a fine outcome.

To me, the issue is not how good Reinhardt will be, the problem I had with that earlier poster is that he made that call based on a webpage and basically knows nothing about the actual player.

That page was brutal. Kabanov as our second best prospect?
Yeah, it would be fine. But I'd like a little more than fine from a 4th overall pick.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:03 PM
SaintTavares

vCash: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
And by that same logic...Strome and Griff have not even played yet. But I bet Strome is not pigeon holed as a 3rd line center.
Yes, but there is always the allure of potential over seeing two years of a player in the league. Of course Couturier will get better, I wouldn't be surprised if he topped out around 70pts in his prime, but people have seen what he can do in the league already, whether they like him or not. Prospects always have that mystery to them that intrigues teams.

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Flyers say NO!

Good luck getting a number one dman in return for Couturier. Fine young player, but number one defenders don't exactly grow on trees.

Old
07-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Curufinwe

It would have to be as part of a bigger deal, probably years from now.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Pretty obvious that you don't know jack about any of these prospects. You just rather mindlessly bought what you read on a website.
Great you know Islanders prospects and I know Flyers prospects. I knew Reinhart was the 4th pick in the draft and I read what HF said about him, what Pronman said, and what pre draft scouting reports. No one projects him as a number 1 guy which is what the Flyers would be looking for in a package with Couturier.

Sorry to offend the almighty HFboards and their views on prospect writers. I forgot that everyone on here was an Internet know-it-all that knows better than those who write professionally about hockey. I'm excited to see which emoji this post will be greeted with by the ******* who are incapable of using words to express themselves rather than templates supplied to them by their precious Internet forum.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote