HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bogosian to Flyers

Old
07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Bogo has signed in Winnipeg, details to follow.

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/361939705731891200

Quote:
The #NHLJets are happy to announce they have agreed to terms with defenceman Zach Bogosian. More details to follow shortly!
7 years-36 million it seems.

Also St Louis probably isn't all that satisfied with that contract, Pietrangelo is a much much better defender, and should earn much more yearly than Bogo.

Last edited by Prongo: 07-29-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 03:41 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

That's an awesome number for the Jets. I'd love to have Bogo on our roster at that price.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives

vCash: 50
I can honestly say I don't know much about the kid. He doesn't show up much in the games we have against them. Or it just could be me.

BWAVgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
Not worth what it would cost
I agree.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:26 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bogo has signed in Winnipeg, details to follow.

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/361939705731891200

7 years-36 million it seems.

Also St Louis probably isn't all that satisfied with that contract, Pietrangelo is a much much better defender, and should earn much more yearly than Bogo.
I hear Piets wants 7 or more

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Bogo isn't that great anyways. He's constantly on the IR, his offense is nothing special. He's a glorified Meszaros.

Zach would instantly be our best dman if we traded for him. You'd REALLY see just how many steps Timonen has "lost" if we replaced him on the top pairing with Bogo. Zach will likely be one of the most under-rated dmen in the league for his entire career in part because of where he plays and in part because he's not "flashy" offensively. He would remind you very much of Timonen with his all-around play.

As for what it would cost to acquire him, think Jake + 2nd most likely. Jake alone doesn't get it done and B Schenn doesn't even get the Jets on the phone.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Zach would instantly be our best dman if we traded for him. You'd REALLY see just how many steps Timonen has "lost" if we replaced him on the top pairing with Bogo. Zach will likely be one of the most under-rated dmen in the league for his entire career in part because of where he plays and in part because he's not "flashy" offensively. He would remind you very much of Timonen with his all-around play.
Bogo is nothing like Timonen. He's more of a Ryan Suter type. Not much in the way of a smooth puck handler like Timonen, but he always makes solid, simple decisions.

Quote:
As for what it would cost to acquire him, think Jake + 2nd most likely. Jake alone doesn't get it done and B Schenn doesn't even get the Jets on the phone.
In a vacuum, Jake and Bogo have equal value. But Bogo is a franchise cornerstone for Winnipeg, so it would take a lot more than fair value to pry him away.

As an aside, Winnipeg's situation is going to get interesting when Trouba breaks into the league. They're going to have a heavy overload of defenders. Not like that's a problem, but if they have issues scoring, I'd wonder if they'd move Byfuglien, Enstrom, or even Trouba. Though, I guess they could just move Buff to forward.

Trouba will be a stud. I'd pay pretty to have him.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:17 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

Disagree completely and I already explained why either way Holmgren would never even contemplate a deal like that thank god.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
As an aside, Winnipeg's situation is going to get interesting when Trouba breaks into the league. They're going to have a heavy overload of defenders. Not like that's a problem, but if they have issues scoring, I'd wonder if they'd move Byfuglien, Enstrom, or even Trouba. Though, I guess they could just move Buff to forward.

Trouba will be a stud. I'd pay pretty to have him.
Byfuglien is probably the odd man out. As for Trouba, I'm just glad Pittsburgh reached for Pouliot instead of taking Trouba at #8.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote