HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cap Question...

Old
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
ToNedOuT

vCash: 500
Cap Question...

I've been doin some searching and I can't find the answer.

Does anyone know what our cap sits at with Cube out? I'm thinking that we can just subtract his 1.875 mill from our overall cap which is around 42.89 million (I recall hearing he's out for the season)...is that correct?

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
This needs to be stickied or something because it's something I keep reading on this board but it's not accurate.

Bouillon's salary counts and will count for the whole season. The only thing that won't count is the salary of his ''replacement'' if we put Bouillon Long Term Injury reserve and bring in that replacement.

So when a player is injured you don't get cap relief automatically.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
This needs to be stickied or something because it's something I keep reading on this board but it's not accurate.

Bouillon's salary counts and will count for the whole season. The only thing that won't count is the salary of his ''replacement'' if we put Bouillon Long Term Injury reserve and bring in that replacement.

So when a player is injured you don't get cap relief automatically.
Except in effect, you do. AFAIK there's no restrictions on whom this replacement player has to be (i.e. it could be someone you trade for, not necessarily a free agent or a call-up). So the replacement player's salary is reduced (on the cap) up to the amount of Bouillon's salary.

So, if Bouillon ends up on LTI, Niinimaa could be considered the replacement player (since he was acquired after Bouillon was injured) thereby reducing Niinimaa's cap impact.

So, to sum up, Bouillon's salary isn't taken off the cap, but his cap hit is deducted from another player's cap hit, in effect removing Bouillon's salary in the case the replacement player earns as much, or more, than the injured player.

11-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Shabutie

Our current Cap Hit is at 40.999 so we have 3.001 cap space.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote