HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/2 Rangers @ Sharks - 10:30PM

Old
11-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
are you kidding? I thought this was the most exciting game this season. Great skating by both teams, up tempo, hitting galore...it was fun to watch. The Rangers offense didn't really dominate or maybe it would have been more entertaining in that way, but great game to watch

maybe it's because you were watching it in San Jose and everyone there was depressed
totally agree, that one one heck of a fun game to watch.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:22 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Now I ask, what lineup do you throw out vs Buffalo?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:25 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
are you kidding? I thought this was the most exciting game this season. Great skating by both teams, up tempo, hitting galore...it was fun to watch. The Rangers offense didn't really dominate or maybe it would have been more entertaining in that way, but great game to watch

maybe it's because you were watching it in San Jose and everyone there was depressed
no no, it's more likely because i haven't seen a full game this season so I have an unfair meory of playoff hockey in my mind.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post

I thought it was an exciting game even tho the Sharks crowd resembled a MSG crowd with lots of booing and "SHOOT!".

Some Sharks fans told me that the HP Pavilion nee Shark Tank was the loudest arena in the NHL. Not last night.
In one of the TV timeouts, Cool Shots host Dan Moriarty showed up and said that NHL teams get intimidated by the Sharks' rabid and loud fans. I know that was their reputation but they were really tame last night.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the channel 9 days, in front of my Solid State 13 inch black and white trying to find the best position for the antenna - or figuring out a way where it would press against the wall since it seemed as though the antenna needed to be squeezed to get the best reception. I did get lucky too, sometimes, when my parents let me watch games on their 13 inch COLOR TV. That was sweet. Never did they let me watch in the family room, with the hi-tech 17 inch Sony with the external antenna attached, and then later the 25 inch Sony with the roof antenna that moved with a dial - that was good reception!
Yeah never really had that problem, though I do remember how STOKED I was when we got a 27 inch TV.

Considering the fact that my current TV is 70 inches, seems silly now.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
When DOESNT he get major credit on these boards?
You are a massive nit picker.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
You are a massive nit picker.
Take it PM's you two

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:55 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
I saw that too, Hollweg turned so red from embarrassment, even when he got back to the bench, the guys were razzing him

Btw BC77, you don't have to include the Heterosuxually in the 'Shanahan, I love thee. (Heterosexually) ' signature, we all understand
What are you tryin to say there Bluey????

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
What are you tryin to say there Bluey????
Hey, you know what they say, if you have to reassure us, your subconcious is trying to tell you something

Old
11-03-2006, 03:14 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Hey, you know what they say, if you have to reassure us, your subconcious is trying to tell you something
Yea you wish, I'm spoken for already there Bluenote, sorry to burst your bubble.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
Yea you wish, I'm spoken for already there Bluenote, sorry to burst your bubble.
You leave my bubbles out of this

Old
11-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Ola

Just saw the game.

At first I got to say that Marek Malik played a great game. He took controll of things, and constantly played really well. Malik is strong mentally, and thats always something. Allot of guys would have been shaky after the giveaways on wendsday. Malik when given a bit of times moves the puck well. When we play well, Malik also plays well. Anyway, he should get some props after last night.

Rozival also played really well. Landed a few big hits, made some great reads, had some good shots. When Rozival plays like he did last night he is a OK 1st. Not great, and he aren't all that fancy and don't standout all that much, but he constantly got the job done. We all know he won't play like last night 82 games per season, maybe 20, and that is the reason he aren't a true nr 1 D.

I especially watched Prucha. I don't want to trade this kid. He played really well defensivly. He always makes smart plays. He have a very high skill level which allows him to just about always execute the play he wants to do. He aren't all that shifty and he doesn't controll the puck much, he aren't the type of player who stands out with the new rules. But damn does he work hard. I think he will keep getting better and better in every aspects for 2-3 more years. We have seen nothing yet!

On the lesser lines, I think Betts and Ward are extremely important compared with the rest. Hollweg holds his own, in addition to the hitting part. But thoose lines are carried by Ward and Betts, IMO its justified to play Holly there to. Though Orr, Hossa and Hall just aren't bringing much to the table.

Our 3rd and 4th last year where so much better then they are this year. I defenitly miss Moore and Orts allot, and not only them, Renney are forced to split on Ward and Betts to make up for the rests shortcommings. Hopefully as times passes someone in HFD can take another step already this season. And Dawes, who looks better and better, can soon take a regular spot. We need upgrades here.

I think Nylander had somewhat of a quiet game.

Martin Straka, next to Malik, Jagr and Shanahan, in perspective, also had a fantastic game. Martin is always fantastic in typical "away" games, when we back down some and counter attack allot. I think straka also is one of thoose guys, with Nylander, who we will appriciate tremendously, when they are gone and someone sorry is supposed to replace him, it won't be a easy task as someone might think...

You gotta love Shanahan. He is just a special player. You really start to appriciate him when seeing him night in and night out. I where never a huge fan of him before.

Ozolinsh and Rachunek, I think they played well/decent whatever. I think its a good move by Renney really easying in Ozolinsh. He needs that. Not just for a few weeks. Play him as a 6th D without any PP time untill christmas. If he keeps it up that long, we should give him time with JJ. Rachunek where fantastic his first three shifts. He is a player used to play allot in Europe, beeing the go to 30 minute guy. Just like it for example tempo where a bit low in camp after playing 45 minutes a night in juniors, a player like Rachunek needs some time to get used to not beeing the go to guy on D. I also think Tyutin suffered a bit from it last year. If you play a small role you must be more intense, pick it up a notch.

Tyutin and Ward finally played a complete game. They have always played well, but had some bad stretches during the games when I have seen em. Now they lasted a full 60!

Finally, Kevin Weekes. There is so much more pressure on a goalie then any other position, there aren't any room whatsoever for not beeing on the top of your game. I think Weekes failed to apply to that last year. Though I liked him last night.

I think we at times forget that every single player on this team is "new" here. Not only to the team, but to the town and everything else. You need time to settle in. Weekes last night looked like a diffrent goalie then last year. He looked settled in.

Last edited by Ola: 11-03-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I hope Weekes turns into a combo of Roy and Hasek and he is a guy many of us would be happy to eat crow about..

They actually make excuses for the wins and give the Rangers backhanded compliments..

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-03-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:09 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Just wondering if anyone else laughed out loud when Malik was stickhandling around in the offensive zone.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Fletch

One thing to add about Malik...

I tuned into the game early in the second. I didn't see Malik for a stretch, including an entire penalty kill and got excited that he may've been scratched. Of course I then saw him. I wouldn't be surprised if his minutes were cut a good deal and that may've helped him play a more effective game.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote