HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Standing O for Ozo

Old
11-03-2006, 10:27 AM
lotus

vCash: 500
While we're talking Ozolinsh can we take the time to be serious for a minute and consider the following question. WHY is Renney constantly putting Straka and Rozsival at the point on the power play. Is there any logical reason? He knows Ozolinsh has a shot and he knows Cullen won a cup doing it. (not to mention broke a piece of the glass in pre-season with a point shot). Please, any reason? anyone? It's driving me crazy, id like to think he's working on some sort of monster power play but i fear it will just be a franken-stein like abomination!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
While we're talking Ozolinsh can we take the time to be serious for a minute and consider the following question. WHY is Renney constantly putting Straka and Rozsival at the point on the power play. Is there any logical reason? He knows Ozolinsh has a shot and he knows Cullen won a cup doing it. (not to mention broke a piece of the glass in pre-season with a point shot). Please, any reason? anyone? It's driving me crazy, id like to think he's working on some sort of monster power play but i fear it will just be a franken-stein like abomination!
The powerplay is designed to work down low with Jagr and Shanahan being the focal points.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:38 AM
lotus

This is very true but you'd think he would try some other things. I guess he's just being safe. Still with the pp something like 13 for 77 on the season, i feel like it could improve. granted thats not terrible, i think.

Old
11-03-2006, 10:38 AM
UAGoalieGuy

The entire team D played quite well these last two games. Roszival has picked up his game and has been playing well, OZO, for now, is nolonger Bozolinsh lol, Rackunek played real well as well, A Ward has been solid game in and game out, and Toots is getting better every game and is starting to get more physical (Had a nice hip check on Cheechoo).

Now for Malik. He just doesn't impress me one bit. If things keep going the way they are, he should be the one to sit or get traded imo.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:44 AM
lotus

i know I'll stop hating on Rozsival at least until next game. But Malik still makes me cry.

Old
11-03-2006, 12:44 PM
DutchShamrock

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we are out of the woods with this defensive corps. Especially with Ozolinsh and Malik, but I think some of us are just giving them their just praise after heaping on well deserved critizisms lately. Nothing more, nothing less.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:12 PM
bathgate

I need to see the team give up three goals or less over a number of games before I get excited. Defense and goaltending are the ingredients for success.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
No one will boo Ozo at the Garden. Ranger fans are too smart and classy and understand the personal battle Ozo had to go through to get back to where he is. The hardest part for him now is to keep it up everyday.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
No one will boo Ozo at the Garden. Ranger fans are too smart and classy and understand the personal battle Ozo had to go through to get back to where he is. The hardest part for him now is to keep it up everyday.
After the 5th or 6th beer?

Last edited by Bluenote13: 11-03-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
After the 5th or 6th beer?
I would boo too if I just spent $40.00 on less than a sixpack.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:56 PM
kovy1335

Send a message via AIM to kovy1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I new I'll live to see Ozo appreciation. Renney wisely brings him up making him play stay-at-home first which is the easier of the two D jobs no matter what some ignorant folks think. So he's got the easier job and made a good impression already. The real test will come when he start to do what he does best and will be asked to move the puck. That may not come any time soon, since Kaspar is in bad shape and is not ready to help him out. Rachunek is a puck mover himself and does a good job as per last game, although I think Renney ask him to stay back more since they are backing up the bottom 6 forwards. We will see what Renney would decide.
I really don't think kaspar with ozo is such a great idea

kovy1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovy1335 View Post
I really don't think kaspar with ozo is such a great idea
No, it is not, but who else? We need a reliable stay-at-home guy to back up a puck moving guy. Do you know how many turnovers Pronger commits? Well, Ducks got Scott Niedermeyer behind him. Kasparitis is far from being ok, but he could be an ok Dman at some point. It may not be enough, I agree. But then, the only way to solve it is to get good stay-at-home D that could play with Ozo. No matter how you look at it Kaspar is the answer.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
The guy is a 7 time all star. Right now this team needs someone to lead the way solid on D and he has been that guy
Yeah.

At the same time, he is a man who where a complete and utter mess only 5-6 month ago. A complete mess. It showed on the ice, and off the ice. It showed to much to be acceptable.

Ozo ought to have 2 more good seasons in him, or something, like Zubov for example. Though the big questionmark is still the mental aspects. How would he react to a horrible give away that costs us a PO game? Could he handle it?

We must be darn sure that he can. Because otherwise we can't keep him around. Anyone de-railing in the PO's could sink the entire team. The same thing applys if it happends during the regular season. I have no problem giving anyone a second chance. But with Ozo, we saw last season what the cost can be. We saw it with Fleury.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:47 PM
shoothepuck

Ozo has played pretty well. He may not be on the PP yet because Renney dosen't want to complicate his play just yet. He needs time to adjust and he has rushed back from injury early.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

seeing the game live, ozolinsh was the D-man who caught my attention most. Mostly because i was so surprised seeing him making some good defensive plays and body checks.

here's to hope that he keeps it up.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 04:41 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Alright, let's not all jump on the "I love Ozo" bandwagon just yet. He was in the collective dog house like a week ago, so take it slow now boys. I hope this is a sign of things to come, and he's been playing well, but I am no where near ready to get on this bandwagon. Hopefully in time I'll be there though.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He has EVERY OPPORTUNITY to become a lifelong fan fave.

11-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
He has EVERY OPPORTUNITY to become a lifelong fan fave.
he does..

People root for guys that overcome personal demons. Ozo worked hard to come back and must know this is his last shot. If he can be productive in both life (first and foremost) and for the Rangers (a distant second) than good for him and good for us..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:41 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Ozolinsh is playing good.

As long as he doesnt step down to being Bozolinsh again, then we can expect alot much more from him, in some upcoming games.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote