HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville and Florida

Old
07-29-2013, 11:04 PM
predshabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Not trying to be a dick here but last year, as much as I hate using this term was a fluke. The Panthers are not in the same category as the Preds. The only thing we have in common is being a small market team. I like the Panthers but lets get real, Florida has made the playoffs Once in the last 12 years or something and the Preds missed them twice in the last 9 years.

Unlike other teams we've always done more with less. Maybe Cullen is our first line center but IMO he's better than Leggy and Fisher at times it seems to me we've done quite alright with those two anchoring first line centerman duties.

I expect that with a healthy Rinne and a healthy team we'll be in the playoffs just like the last 7/9 appearances.
I could not have said it better myself!

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:40 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

vCash: 954
Quote:
Not trying to be a dick here but last year, as much as I hate using this term was a fluke. The Panthers are not in the same category as the Preds. The only thing we have in common is being a small market team. I like the Panthers but lets get real, Florida has made the playoffs Once in the last 12 years or something and the Preds missed them twice in the last 9 years.

Unlike other teams we've always done more with less. Maybe Cullen is our first line center but IMO he's better than Leggy and Fisher at times it seems to me we've done quite alright with those two anchoring first line centerman duties.

I expect that with a healthy Rinne and a healthy team we'll be in the playoffs just like the last 7/9 appearances.
We'll agree to disagree. I just think they are in trouble unless Rinne knows how to score as well. I'm a Florida fan, I know what a bad team looks like, and I think the Predators are in for a bad year. Most on HF and various fantasy websites have Nashville last or 2nd last in the division, so we'll see what happens.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:20 AM
predshabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
We'll agree to disagree. I just think they are in trouble unless Rinne knows how to score as well. I'm a Florida fan, I know what a bad team looks like, and I think the Predators are in for a bad year. Most on HF and various fantasy websites have Nashville last or 2nd last in the division, so we'll see what happens.
Please explain why you think we are headed for a bad year and how you see our team as a "bad team"?

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:43 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
Please explain why you think we are headed for a bad year and how you see our team as a "bad team"?
They haven't done much to improve on an offense that couldn't score, and I question whether Forsberg and Jones will make an immediate offensive impact. You finished 14th last year, is it really surprising that people expect you to miss the playoffs again? Looking at the polls for who will win your division, Chicago came first, followed by St.Louis, then the Wild. Looks like Stars will come in 4th. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1477545
So, many people here seem to think the Preds are destined for 5th-7th place in the division. That means you're probably not making the playoffs. Again, its HF, so this means they'll probably win the cup this year . I just feel as though you think I'm making some crazy statement, when it's actually the general consensus around here.

Old
07-30-2013, 04:08 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 11000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
im just not dealing fleischmann though. hes been our best forward the 2 years hes been here imo. still has 2yrs left at a very reasonable cap hit (avg 24G-36A=60PTS in his 2 seasons here at just 4.5per). im holding onto him unless its a really nice deal.
Being the best forward on a team filled with 3rd line players isn't that difficult thou.

Flash is nothing special, he doesn't score enough to justify his offense only playing style. I'd get rid of him, but the team doesn't have anyone better to play instead of him in the top6.

And for ****s sake Dineen, take him off the PK-unit. Jesus.

Quote:
Your average non-bandwagon FLA fan realises that, making the playoffs last year was unexpected but a pleasant surprise.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:29 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Your average non-bandwagon FLA fan realises that, making the playoffs last year was unexpected but a pleasant surprise.
Agreed, but I don't think anyone expected last year to be such a huge regression year. I thought they would be mediocre to average, and I see Nashville in a similar light. They aren't one of the 5 worst teams in the league, but they aren't playoff material.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
They haven't done much to improve on an offense that couldn't score, and I question whether Forsberg and Jones will make an immediate offensive impact. You finished 14th last year, is it really surprising that people expect you to miss the playoffs again? Looking at the polls for who will win your division, Chicago came first, followed by St.Louis, then the Wild. Looks like Stars will come in 4th. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1477545
So, many people here seem to think the Preds are destined for 5th-7th place in the division. That means you're probably not making the playoffs. Again, its HF, so this means they'll probably win the cup this year . I just feel as though you think I'm making some crazy statement, when it's actually the general consensus around here.
On the same token that same offense was 8th in the league the season before with the league's best powerplay.

Erat and Sk have been replaced by Stalberg and Cullen, Yip by Hendricks, Bourque and Wilson before being injured last season were both breaking out in a big way, Forsberg and Beck are the young additions with lots of potential.

Not to mention the last 10 games of the season last year we had Wilson, Bourque, Hornqvist, Fisher, Gaustad and Erat all out of the line-up. We were playing guys like Mueller, Henderson, Bang, Rask, etc, big minutes. Spaling was our 2nd line center. Of course we struggled.

We don't have a superstar forward but we have depth, probably as much depth as we've had since 2007. We didn't play our style last season because we were missing speed and aggression from the line-up, this season, we're built to play a higher tempo, physical style of hockey from start to finish. No, we don't have a true top line forward, but we have three good (not great) lines that can each play the same style of 2 way game that Trotz can just roll. And with a 4th line of Hendricks-Gaustad-Nystrom, we have a 4th line that can bang with the best of them.

This season we'll be scratching players like Smith, Spaling and Clune nightly, last season those guys were getting big minutes.

I also believe Wilson, Forsberg and Bourque might all be a little better than most are willing to give them credit for, Wilson especially.

just a note our lines this season will probably be something like

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Cullen-Bourque
Forsberg-Legwand-Beck/Smith
Clune-Hendricks/Gaustad-Nystrom
Spaling

Compared to last season where the listed 3rd line was out top line the last 10 games or so.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Agree with most of the Florida fans in this thread. Next year, we will be a bad hockey team. I think we finish somewhere between #20 and #25.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

So can we get back on topic now?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:18 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

I noticed Nashville's only listed backup is Carter Hutton. Would they be interested in Clemmer?

Last edited by TMI: 07-31-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: quote/reply
Old
07-31-2013, 12:37 AM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

I would be completely fine with this trade.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 02:57 AM
Wennberg
The Wizard

Florida will likely hang on to Fleischmann

Wennberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
I noticed Nashville's only listed backup is Carter Hutton. Would they be interested in Clemmer?
Nope. Hutton and Hellberg will fight it out for the backup role, which won't see all that many games anyway.

Last edited by TMI: 07-31-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: quote
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote