Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
FireBenning*

vCash: 500
That is correct Silk is at Wing camp now and will be attending Bruins training camp come September

Old
07-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Section19

Wolves hired David Matsos as their new associate coach.

http://sudburywolves.com/article/wol...e-coach_146213

Old
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post
Wolves hired David Matsos as their new associate coach.

http://sudburywolves.com/article/wol...e-coach_146213
Interesting that once again the wolves pick up a staff member and fans of his former team seem to be happy to see him go...

Old
07-26-2013, 05:22 PM
hockeylegend11

Wolves fans,yesterday I posted on the Ldn board the number of goals all OHL teams were expected to return this yr and Wolves came out pretty out
The Wolves project to have 156 goals returning plus u can add an O/A as I included
Raine and Palazeese as the lone 2 O/As at this time,which is 3rd in the conf and 8th
in the OHL
With Palazeese in goal,I think the best tender in the league,they might just threaten to do some damage in the East,however not to poke the Wolf as they say,an area of concern to me is offense for the Defense,on another post today on the Windsor board
I listed the 20 Ohl teams scoring from the D both in pts and in goals
Sudbury,based on projected returning players have only 52 pts,8th in the conf, and 18th
in the OHL, as well only 7 goals returning the lowest in the entire league
With no Corrado,and to a lesser extent Dodero,offense form the D is lean
Relying this year on deHaan and Cummins,along with the injury prone Corbett to bring the Wolves out of offensive wilderness is flawed and unreasonable
A deal for an offensive guy at least 1 is essential imo for the Wolves to have any ultimate success
The East is pretty wide open,and with a Mem Cup berth at stake,something must be done,otherwise the great goaltending and a decent forward corps will go for naught
O/As such as Alex Basso.Dalton Young,and Spencer Abraham should be available and Wolves have room for one
Prices might get high as other teams such as Guelph,Erie,London ,Saginaw,will be in the
mix although all those teams are in the East
Steve Trojanovic another O/A from Per might in the mix,as he had 10 goals and 27 pts last season,more then any Wolf btw
Also if u go the posted numbers u will notice Windsor might have someone to spare
as they have 8 Dmen returning
In the past I suggested Nick Ebert,a 19 yr old and I think it bears repeating,his 11 goals and 38 pts would bring some offense to the club partnered with Raine,might make for a solid pair
While inconsistencies have dogged him throughout his jr career,last yr after the season he played very well with LA Kings farm team in the East Coast League,put impressiive numbers and played his best hockey of his career according to reports
Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good,a glut on the Windsor backend and a shortage on Sarnia offense from the D might make a for a deal
The fact that new coach Dave Matsos was in Windsor the last 3 yrs might be an influence in this deal
Giveup Brody Silk or Jacob Harris and a deal can be struck,Wds needs forwards,Sud needs off D- thoughts anyone

Old
07-27-2013, 06:00 PM
devils55

Offense D

Stefan Leblanc will get 40-50 points this year in his rookie season

Old
07-27-2013, 06:30 PM
howlman

Agreed, Wolves did well signing Leblanc. Capobianco could provide 20-30 points from the back end if he gets power play time which he surely will. Leblanc and Capobianco, even though they are very young, these two are going to improve the power play big time.

Old
07-27-2013, 08:19 PM
kwrangersfan22

40-50 points for Leblanc? Really? He got 22 points in MM in 36 games. Then 33 points in 49 games with the Blades. You have to take account how much ice time received and also a player's games does not translate in the OHL.

Old
07-27-2013, 11:44 PM
devils55

He will surprise many.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:05 AM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Wolves fans,yesterday I posted on the Ldn board the number of goals all OHL teams were expected to return this yr and Wolves came out pretty out
The Wolves project to have 156 goals returning plus u can add an O/A as I included
Raine and Palazeese as the lone 2 O/As at this time,which is 3rd in the conf and 8th
in the OHL
With Palazeese in goal,I think the best tender in the league,they might just threaten to do some damage in the East,however not to poke the Wolf as they say,an area of concern to me is offense for the Defense,on another post today on the Windsor board
I listed the 20 Ohl teams scoring from the D both in pts and in goals
Sudbury,based on projected returning players have only 52 pts,8th in the conf, and 18th
in the OHL, as well only 7 goals returning the lowest in the entire league
With no Corrado,and to a lesser extent Dodero,offense form the D is lean
Relying this year on deHaan and Cummins,along with the injury prone Corbett to bring the Wolves out of offensive wilderness is flawed and unreasonable
A deal for an offensive guy at least 1 is essential imo for the Wolves to have any ultimate success
The East is pretty wide open,and with a Mem Cup berth at stake,something must be done,otherwise the great goaltending and a decent forward corps will go for naught
O/As such as Alex Basso.Dalton Young,and Spencer Abraham should be available and Wolves have room for one
Prices might get high as other teams such as Guelph,Erie,London ,Saginaw,will be in the
mix although all those teams are in the East
Steve Trojanovic another O/A from Per might in the mix,as he had 10 goals and 27 pts last season,more then any Wolf btw
Also if u go the posted numbers u will notice Windsor might have someone to spare
as they have 8 Dmen returning
In the past I suggested Nick Ebert,a 19 yr old and I think it bears repeating,his 11 goals and 38 pts would bring some offense to the club partnered with Raine,might make for a solid pair
While inconsistencies have dogged him throughout his jr career,last yr after the season he played very well with LA Kings farm team in the East Coast League,put impressiive numbers and played his best hockey of his career according to reports
Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good,a glut on the Windsor backend and a shortage on Sarnia offense from the D might make a for a deal
The fact that new coach Dave Matsos was in Windsor the last 3 yrs might be an influence in this deal
Giveup Brody Silk or Jacob Harris and a deal can be struck,Wds needs forwards,Sud needs off D- thoughts anyone
Guys like Basso, Young, Trojanovic, may cost a little bit to aquire. But the idea of aquiring Spencer Abraham from Erie could pay off. Has never had an opportunity to QB a first unit PP and still averaging .33 point per game over 3 seasons. Wouldn't cost nearly as much as the other 3 Dmen yet has the skill set to provide similar results. Would probably cost the wolves a mid round pick that's it.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Hockeyfriend

Believe the trade window opens next week. Do you think BS will pull trigger on a trade at this time so those involved will start season with Wolves or will he follow normal process of waiting until after season is upon us to do anything?

Old
07-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Arsenault

Don't think B.S. is about to pull the trigger on any trades yet, for one thing all the players are set up to leave for the WJCC in three weeks so too late for any additions and they are only bringing over 22 kids as is so really can't cut the bench much shorter. Will likely wait a few months and see how the team in settling in. Much expectation from the front core, so it will be interesting to see if those players step up. At D, we are quite young so will likely check out who is expendable and more importantly who (veteran) is available. Don't think they will rush anything as they still need to give last year's rookies a chance to prove themselves, Dehaan started this process during last years' play-off lets hope he keeps it up.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Don't think B.S. is about to pull the trigger on any trades yet, for one thing all the players are set up to leave for the WJCC in three weeks so too late for any additions and they are only bringing over 22 kids as is so really can't cut the bench much shorter. Will likely wait a few months and see how the team in settling in. Much expectation from the front core, so it will be interesting to see if those players step up. At D, we are quite young so will likely check out who is expendable and more importantly who (veteran) is available. Don't think they will rush anything as they still need to give last year's rookies a chance to prove themselves, Dehaan started this process during last years' play-off lets hope he keeps it up.
When do Wolves open training camp given they leave early for Russia?

Old
07-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Arsenault

September 1st to the 3rd

Old
07-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
September 1st to the 3rd
Sorry, guess what I meant was when do they meet to go to Russia? I just assumed they would start their training camp a week or so before they leave. Thanks.

Old
07-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Arsenault

Do not think they are having a camp prior to their trip to the WJCC, only a few practices before the boys head out, not sure the exact dates or whether it will be in Sudbury or closer to Toronto where they will likely catch their flight.

Old
07-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Do not think they are having a camp prior to their trip to the WJCC, only a few practices before the boys head out, not sure the exact dates or whether it will be in Sudbury or closer to Toronto where they will likely catch their flight.
ok thanks.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:06 PM
chewerjones

Very quiet on the Wolves front, except for the recent O'Neil trade. I guess they are making room for Muzycka now, and then Timpano for next year. Timpano has looked very good at the U17.

I hope they figure out their D situation. Too many fringe type dmen.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
howlman

23 man roster heading to russia from what I hear.. 12 forwards, 8 dmen, 3 goalies:

Forwards:

Baptiste
Campagna
Pancel
Kubalik
Kahun
Schmalz
Silk
Harris
Huether
Cull
Desrochers
Burgess

Dmen:

Raine
Corbett
Genovese
DeHaan
Cummins
Leblanc
Eccles
Capobianco

Goalies:

Palazzese
Dupuis
Muzyka

Old
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Arsenault

Glad for Muzyka, thought he had a great camp back in May. Hopefully he makes the jump to the O this year, even if he only gets a few games in, as Palazzese is bound to get most of the starts. Expect Dupuis to be traded early as it would be a waste to keep him as a back-up, he deserves a chance to become a starter somewhere else, maybe Guelph or even Ottawa???

Old
08-20-2013, 09:14 PM
mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
23 man roster heading to russia from what I hear.. 12 forwards, 8 dmen, 3 goalies:

Forwards:

Baptiste
Campagna
Pancel
Kubalik
Kahun
Schmalz
Silk
Harris
Huether
Cull
Desrochers
Burgess

Dmen:

Raine
Corbett
Genovese
DeHaan
Cummins
Leblanc
Eccles
Capobianco

Goalies:

Palazzese
Dupuis
Muzyka
Muzyka will not be going just Franky and Dupuis . He was at all per trip practices however and showed extremely well and will be more than ready to challenge/take the backup spot this year. He has showed a lot of confidence and improved his game quite a bit to better suit the requirements of the next level. Should keep up strong development if mentored by Frankie this year in the backup role.

Old
08-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Johnsb

Expect Dupuis to be traded early as it would be a waste to keep him as a back-up, he deserves a chance to become a starter somewhere else, maybe Guelph or even Ottawa???

Both Guelph & Ottawa would make sense. What would you expect back from them?

Old
08-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Loosie

vCash: 250
Kevin Raine will be joining the Leafs for their Rookie Tournament once the Wolves are back from Russia.

Old
08-25-2013, 10:22 PM
chewerjones

Campagna invited to LA camp.

Total of 6 Wolves headed to NHL camps. Should open up some space for the others to shine.

Go Wolves Go.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:05 PM
FireBenning*

Sounds like silk dislocated his shoulder once again in Russia. I'm assuming he will need surgery if it is the second time in 6 months that is came out. Terrible luck. The wolves will need to make a trade for a top 6 forward in order to make a run.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Glassnout

I hope your wrong for his sake. He has worked very hard in off season and with nhl camp coming up...devastating for the kid

Closed Thread