HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL [Jets re-sign Little/Wheeler/Bogosian]

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2013, 12:19 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Spoke with someone high up in DRW organization yesterday. He told me that they will definitely resign Nyqvist + Andersson, that they will trade Tootoo soon (there are 3-4 teams interested incl Nashville) and that they were approached by Alfreddsons agent asking them if they were interested into having him join the club. They had not pursued him at all. This was all very unexpected for Ken Holland, it went very fast and that it had its foundation in a very lowball offer from the owner Melnyk regarding a one year extension in Ottawa that Alfredsson felt was basically humiliating. The price offered was based on the last year of Alfredssons contract that had just expired (real money - not cap hit). This was all very interesting stuff I thought.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:49 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
I thought it was Caps Red Line (not like I would watch that either) today?
I spoke too soon in this case. It was a rivalries special and it happened to be on the Penguins-Flyers rivalry when I turned it on.

Still, there's actually a 75% chance that when you turn on NHL network it's a program that involves Pittsburgh.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:40 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I like Pavelski, but damn, SJ overpaid.

Interesting stuff BBKers, all of that stuff seems like a no brainer to me. Very interesting that Alfredsson approached Detroit and not the other way around.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Spoke with someone high up in DRW organization yesterday. He told me that they will definitely resign Nyqvist + Andersson, that they will trade Tootoo soon (there are 3-4 teams interested incl Nashville) and that they were approached by Alfreddsons agent asking them if they were interested into having him join the club. They had not pursued him at all. This was all very unexpected for Ken Holland, it went very fast and that it had its foundation in a very lowball offer from the owner Melnyk regarding a one year extension in Ottawa that Alfredsson felt was basically humiliating. The price offered was based on the last year of Alfredssons contract that had just expired (real money - not cap hit). This was all very interesting stuff I thought.
I've heard the same story. Can't belive they treated him like that.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:48 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Why is Troy Brouwer the only guy who participates in that thing? And why don't the Rangers have anything on NHLN?
I saw a two hour special on there about the '94 season. It was pretty good. Only saw it on the one time. Most of the time I pop it on, "Oil Change" is on. I can't be bothered with that.

And every once in awhile they replay the WC versus the Flyers. That's about it.

Old
07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
Oil Change is always on. I don't give a **** about the Oilers, they suck, and Edmonton isn't exactly the most interesting city. Just show some vintage games, everyone loves that stuff.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
I've heard the same story. Can't belive they treated him like that.
Treated him like what?

Boo hoo, Alfie is 40 and it's more than fair to not think he's worth nearly 6 million. I can't find it in myself to feel bad for a millionaire who feels "humiliated" by getting offered another million dollars.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Treated him like what?

Boo hoo, Alfie is 40 and it's more than fair to not think he's worth nearly 6 million. I can't find it in myself to feel bad for a millionaire who feels "humiliated" by getting offered another million dollars.
I don't think you are being fair. For all he's done for the team he deserved an 8 year deal.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Quote:
Treated him like what?

If what's reported is true then they offered him close to 1M. For their captain. Their leader. Their leading scorer in the playoffs. After taking less money than he could have earned all his career, after agreeing to being bought out and signing a much cheaper contract to help save cap space. It is ****ing insulting.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:46 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Gomez signed with the Panthers. Another veteran to go along with Jovanovski and Campbell.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
If what's reported is true then they offered him close to 1M. For their captain. Their leader. Their leading scorer in the playoffs. After taking less money than he could have earned all his career, after agreeing to being bought out and signing a much cheaper contract to help save cap space. It is ****ing insulting.
It's not insulting. That's how contracts work.

I have no problem with Ottawa offering him what they did and no problem with Alfie signing with Detroit in response, and nobody else should either. That's how franchises are run.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Quote:

I have no problem with Ottawa offering him what they did and no problem with Alfie signing with Detroit in response, and nobody else should either. That's how franchises are run.
My point was that Ottawa management didn't feel Alfredsson was worth more than 1M. You don't think he is worth more?

Old
07-31-2013, 04:06 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:

I don't see how you can put yourself in Alfie's shoes and not feel insulted. Clearly it was a total low ball offer and what the market really brought reinforces that. He deserved better from the Sens than that.

Old
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Gomez signed with the Panthers. Another veteran to go along with Jovanovski and Campbell.
And Kova...welll that one didn't work out.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
My point was that Ottawa management didn't feel Alfredsson was worth more than 1M. You don't think he is worth more?
Sure, and he thought so too. As did the Wings- which is why he signed with them. The Ottawa owners went in a different direction and clearly didn't have the resources necessary to give him what the Wings would give him. There's no reason for anybody to feel "insulted" about anything, it's just the harsh reality of contract negotiations. There's no reason to malign the Sens front office for the way they went about it.

Quote:
I don't see how you can put yourself in Alfie's shoes and not feel insulted. Clearly it was a total low ball offer and what the market really brought reinforces that. He deserved better from the Sens than that.
I don't see why he should feel insulted. He's was/is is a fantastic player, and in an ideal world it breaks in a way that their franchise captain retires with them. But the Sens are making moves that they believe are in the best interest of their franchise with limited resources. There's no reason for anybody to be personally insulted by anything, especially when millions of dollars are involved.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:35 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Per Elliot Friedman and other sources a few days after, the initial offer from the Sens was 4 million. Alfredsson's agent initially said 6 million and hinted at 2 years.

Supposedly that was the only discussion of contract/term that took place. Whatever the offer was, it was enough to plant the seeds of doubt in Daniel's head that he contacted Boston and Detroit. Neither team approached him.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
I don't see why he should feel insulted. He's was/is is a fantastic player, and in an ideal world it breaks in a way that their franchise captain retires with them. But the Sens are making moves that they believe are in the best interest of their franchise with limited resources. There's no reason for anybody to be personally insulted by anything, especially when millions of dollars are involved.
The owner turned around and said give him whatever he wants. It's not like they offered him 1M and stuck by it. It is not how you do business, regardless how much money is involved.

This isn't the same as bargaining with a neighborhood kid to shovel your drive way.

This guy is the face of Ottawa, people want heads to spin as a result of how management handled this situation

Old
07-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

love all the Devils fans who think their team is much improved and claims their defense is great because they allow very little shots.

Old
07-31-2013, 11:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
The owner turned around and said give him whatever he wants. It's not like they offered him 1M and stuck by it. It is not how you do business, regardless how much money is involved.

This isn't the same as bargaining with a neighborhood kid to shovel your drive way.

This guy is the face of Ottawa, people want heads to spin as a result of how management handled this situation
Which would be utterly ridiculous, because the Sens team right now looks just as good as it ever did with Alfie as the franchise player.

Old
07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
I really don't see the problem. He's a guy who has made 20 million in the last 4 years alone. He's played in the NHL since 1995. I guess it's never enough for some people. How greedy can you get?

08-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
I really don't see the problem. He's a guy who has made 20 million in the last 4 years alone. He's played in the NHL since 1995. I guess it's never enough for some people. How greedy can you get?
It isn't greed to believe someone should be paying you what youre worth. It really doesn't matter the scale.

Old
08-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
I don't think it's greed, it's just an insulting offer.

Old
08-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
love all the Devils fans who think their team is much improved and claims their defense is great because they allow very little shots.
The most hilarious thing now is they made fun of the Clowe trade to the Rangers and kept saying how Brodeur has more goals than him, but apparently a concussed version of that same player is now one of the reasons they should do well.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
08-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

I see Gomez signed a 1y/900k deal with Florida. For that money (and if we had a little more cap space) I wouldn't mind seeing him at the Rangers. As a 3rd line center it would be worth the risk at that cap hit.

Old
08-01-2013, 06:31 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
New thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1478755

It's just pain.
Closed Thread