HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2013, 01:52 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
They've had lots of coaches over the years and other guys during spring training that have tried to help Howard. It hasn't worked. It's not going to work unless he allows it too.
Bonds has helped Howard from what I can remember. He should hire him as his personal hitting coach, it's not like he's not getting paid enough.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Bonds has helped Howard from what I can remember. He should hire him as his personal hitting coach, it's not like he's not getting paid enough.
Yea I'm pretty sure he did. The problem is as the year goes on he reverts to his old stance, and just doesn't know how to handle breaking pitches.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I'm watching the Nationals get utterly ruined.

07-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Howard should be a platoon player for now on. He hits rhp really well and he would be more valuable if they got some who can play 1b that kills left handers. This is what has to happen. He still will get around 500 plate appearances due to the fact that about 75% of the starters in the mlb are right handed. He will never be able to layoff the breaking pitch from a lefty. The sad thing is that everyone else who watches the game knows it is coming and he still flails away.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:50 PM
healthyscratch

Bud traded for Hoes. Best deal of the day.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Ilya Bryzastor

IF Amaro doesn't make any move at all today, he should be fired on the spot , I'm sick of him. He was never fit for the GM he just had some success with the team Gillick built. I didn't like the Pence trade at all and complained about it , everybody called me crazy like he was our savior, well the Phillies traded away two of the systems best prospects , and Singleton will be an amazing player IMO. Now looking back that trade was terrible , we could use that 1st base prospect.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
healthyscratch

Old
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Nothing...move on with our boring season

Old
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
FlyersFan61290

Seems like no trades for the Phillies.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzastor View Post
IF Amaro doesn't make any move at all today, he should be fired on the spot , I'm sick of him. He was never fit for the GM he just had some success with the team Gillick built. I didn't like the Pence trade at all and complained about it , everybody called me crazy like he was our savior, well the Phillies traded away two of the systems best prospects , and Singleton will be an amazing player IMO. Now looking back that trade was terrible , we could use that 1st base prospect.
Where would he be playing once Howard got back?

I don't think the trade for Pence was that bad value wise, I think it was bad because they bought high and sold low and only kept him for pretty much one season. The kids they gave up though were ok. Singleton has a shot to become something, but Cosart was always a low K high BB pitcher. Singleton hurts to give up but he hasn't been that good in AAA, and I don't know when he would have made it to the majors here.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

**** you RAJ.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:19 PM
jml87

Why does amaro have a job? Why? There must be some homeless person out there that could do better. Ruiz, Both Youngs, and pabelbon are all still here. I can't believe I'm stuck watching this **** til the end of the year. This is hell.

Please just sign utley. Do something right, you pompous, worthless, dumbass clown.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Ilya Bryzastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Seems like no trades for the Phillies.
Yea and it is pretty ****ing sad to be a Phillies fan right now. If I was the GM , I would have traded Young for the best offer , would have taken anything , Papelbon would be gone as well for those comments and his average season , Would have gotten rid of Delmon Young for a bag of balls months ago , and would have eating some of the 70 million of Lee's contract to Boston for their top prospect and top OF prospect and some single A long shot prospect. People forget he is 34 years old , yea he is a super star , but will be pointless since this retooling/rebuilding will take at least 3 years , by then Lee would be 37 and on the decline , he would be useless to us. Amaro is just gone crazy.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

He's going to extend Ruiz and the Youngs.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Ridiculous? Fine, tell me what the coach's job is then?
- Think up the starting line up
- Play garbage like Delmon Young and Papelbon as much as possible so their outlandish personalities don't nuke the locker room after extensive benchings
- Walk to the mound and bring in the new pitcher
- Tell players to be "more patient" and have them not listen to you because they got their ring, franchise records, and fat contracts.
- Talk to the media after each game
- Play other garbage like Horst, Valdes, and Susdorff because that's what his moronic GM decided to call up.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
I will switch to another team if this happens. he needs to be replaced. Nobody going to the games would be the best watch for him to be under pressure.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:42 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
You're probably (hopefully) saying that in jest, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Matt Gelb ‏@magelb 1m
Ruben Amaro Jr. would not squash the idea of Maikel Franco winning a job next spring.

Old
Protest
C`est La Vie

Yea I didn't hear that anywhere I just said it because he makes me angry lol.

Old
El Emperor

What a sad day. This team hit an iceberg this season and Amaro did absolutely nothing to fix the leaks well enough to get the ship home. This leak will continue and turn into a full blown sinking ship by next season.

Just watch Cliff in a different uniform next year with the Phils showing next to nothing of worth in return.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Seriously, they sat and did nothing... just wow... Seriously, go the **** away Amaro.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
healthyscratch

Nothing a little duct tape can't fix, apparently. Rube is heading down to Home Depot to buy up all of their silver tape supplies. Everything is fine.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:58 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Nothing a little duct tape can't fix, apparently. Rube is heading down to Home Depot to buy up all of their silver tape supplies. Everything is fine.
Amaro will scan the market for the most beat up player & sign him long term, that's his way of patching holes.

Old
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I'm a little pissed he didn't even try to trade Young, Young, or Ruiz at least even with the returns being minimal. I get the sense that he wasn't BSing yesterday when he said all the garbage on MLB Network yesterday. I'm preparing myself for a winter of more over-price contracts & washed up players.

As long as Amaro is around, I'm fairly confident this situation we're in now is going to be the norm.

Amaro can go **** off somewhere.

Old
07-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm a little pissed he didn't even try to trade Young, Young, or Ruiz at least even with the returns being minimal. I get the sense that he wasn't BSing yesterday when he said all the garbage on MLB Network yesterday. I'm preparing myself for a winter of more over-price contracts & washed up players.

As long as Amaro is around, I'm fairly confident this situation we're in now is going to be the norm.

Amaro can go **** off somewhere.
I don't get it either. I just heard on the radio that Amaro said they weren't getting good enough offers for what the Phillies would acquire in returns. If true, it's just more evidence of incompetence. ANY offer would've been acceptable as chances are the Youngs won't be back next year. Get something, a bag of balls. Rube better be active during waivers.

Closed Thread