HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Kansas City at Philadelphia (Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. ET; NFLN)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2013, 10:29 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
Ok here goes me getting in trouble by the moderators .... you guys are out of youre God damn minds if you don't think he deserves to be in the hof he had no offense to work with and hhe made this ream a contender almost every single year and had some of the best nnumbers out there just bcuz we didn't get a ring doesn't mean he's not Hof worthy , that's why tthese boards piss me off bcuz stupid ppl who don't know a damn thing about football hockey oor baseball all think they are expert's makes me wonder why some peoples mothers didn't swallow some of you and to the moderators that will messageme about this **** you you know I'm right and you feel the same way these kids are ****ing stupid and sshouldbt bbe allowed prolly ever post anything they are beyong ducking dumb
Punctuation, buddy.

I wouldn't care if he got in. I don't hate him as much as everyone else, for whatever reason. He was a great player while he was here.

07-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Vast majority of people don't have a problem with McNabb as a player, outside of the inability to get over the hump. It's the luggage that comes with him. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-29-2013, 10:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Vast majority of people don't have a problem with McNabb as a player, outside of the inability to get over the hump. It's the luggage that comes with him. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.
McNabb is my all-time favorite Eagle. I really don't/didn't understand the heat the guy took. Yes he never won a Super Bowl, but he is not the only reason for that. I don't really think he is HOF worthy (though it is isn't impossible), but I also don't understand the hate. He makes stupid comments, but nothing like offensive or ridiculous that I can remember anyway.

Old
07-29-2013, 12:37 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Punctuation, buddy.

I wouldn't care if he got in. I don't hate him as much as everyone else, for whatever reason. He was a great player while he was here.
Its hard to have perfect grammer on the phone when it keeps moving your screen around while you are typing lol but its just annoying hoe stupid people can be

Old
07-29-2013, 03:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
Ok here goes me getting in trouble by the moderators .... you guys are out of youre God damn minds if you don't think he deserves to be in the hof he had no offense to work with and hhe made this ream a contender almost every single year and had some of the best nnumbers out there just bcuz we didn't get a ring doesn't mean he's not Hof worthy , that's why tthese boards piss me off bcuz stupid ppl who don't know a damn thing about football hockey oor baseball all think they are expert's makes me wonder why some peoples mothers didn't swallow some of you and to the moderators that will messageme about this **** you you know I'm right and you feel the same way these kids are ****ing stupid and sshouldbt bbe allowed prolly ever post anything they are beyong ducking dumb
That's not exactly why people don't think he shouldn't be in but it's a reason. His numbers just aren't worthy of a selection on top being the biggest choker of his era.

Let's stop with the he didn't have no help nonsense either, he always had good O-Line's, good TE's, great defenses, & had Westbrook one of the most dynamic offensive weapons in the for 5 years.

Tom Brady didn't have perennial pro-bowl WR's around him during all those Super Bowl's neither so I say we stop making excuses for McNabb & look at for what he is, a good QB that couldn't get it done when it mattered & threw at the recievers feet a lot on top of complete JO of a person.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-29-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old
07-29-2013, 05:06 PM
The Couturier Effect

@Eagles
#Eagles announce LB Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in today's #EaglesCamp13 practice

This seems fitting:

Old
07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
@Eagles
#Eagles announce LB Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in today's #EaglesCamp13 practice
Trouble comes in threes. So who tears their right ACL tomorrow? I got money on Carey Williams.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Johnny Manziel's dad thinks Johnny has a drinking problem among other things according to this article. This honestly has all the makings of a train wreck down the road.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-espn-magazine

Old
07-30-2013, 08:01 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Johnny Manziel's dad thinks Johnny has a drinking problem among other things according to this article. This honestly has all makings of a train wreck down the road.
On an opposite note, did you see Teddy B. on ESPN the other day? I was really impressed with his attitude, work ethic, overall character. Hes what a QB should be.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:08 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
On an opposite note, did you see Teddy B. on ESPN the other day? I was really impressed with his attitude, work ethic, overall character. Hes what a QB should be.
Manziel's family are in the oil business down there in Texas, they own some type of oil company so he comes from money. The kid was never told no by his parents his whole life & they wonder why he's out of control. His dad did him no favors by putting this out there right now when the kids been taking body blows all summer long about his character.

I like watching him play but his ego is going to do him in sooner than later. It's also amazing how A&M are just sitting by while all this mess has been going on all summer, it's like they all live under a rock or something.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:19 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Manziel's family are in the oil business down there in Texas, they own some type of oil company so he comes from money. The kid was never told no by his parents his whole life & they wonder why he's out of control. His dad did him no favors by putting this out there right now when the kids been taking body blows all summer long about his character.

I like watching him play but his ego is going to do him in sooner than later. It's also amazing how A&M are just sitting by while all this mess has been going on all summer, it's like they all live under a rock or something.
I wonder how much of this commotion about him is due to the fact he is the Heisman. I remember back in 2005 there was a lot of the same partying type of stuff with the heisman Matt Leinart.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

I may be biased because I'm a big Johnny Manziel fan, but I don't think I would describe him as "out of control" at this point. He just seems like a college kid. He's not in trouble with the law unless there is something I missed. He isn't missing practices or dogging it on the field. Granted, if his behavior gets worse, it would be a concern, but right now I don't really have an issue with his behavior. We'll see what this season brings.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I wonder how much of this commotion about him is due to the fact he is the Heisman. I remember back in 2005 there was a lot of the same partying type of stuff with the heisman Matt Leinart.
I think that has a lot to do with it. Most of the stuff that he is doing is common among NCAA athletes. Hell I was in Toronto a couple years back during the "International Bowl" and I saw both teams at the strip club getting hammered and throwing money (like coin money) at strippers. If anyone on that team was a Heisman guy, it would have been all over the news. But it was Rutgers vs. Ball State so no one cared.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:10 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
The only commotion is ESPN commotion. They've zeroed in on another "newsworthy" target who people might be enthralled about. Now it happens to be a 20 year old college kid who won the Heisman. Tabloid sports reporting.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Riley Cooper dun goofed big time.

Dropped the n word at a Chesney concert, and it was caught on tape.

Now twitter is going off. He apologized.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
The Couturier Effect

No defending what he did, pretty stupid of him actually. But I really don't care what he does off the field. Nobody's perfect. As long as it doesn't affect what he does on the field.

Now hopefully he doesn't get cut for this. I think it would be pretty stupid to cut a guy for saying something offensive when a lot of players in the league are on drugs or are doing something else illegal with their free time.

Old
07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Ilya Bryzastor

The media is making waaaay to much of this Cooper situation , yea he let it slip but we make mistakes , Dam Gunner asking him if he thinks he will be a marked man in the league now. there was a report where white running backs were being called crackers and honkeys on the field but yet nobody makes a big deal out of that.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzastor View Post
The media is making waaaay to much of this Cooper situation , yea he let it slip but we make mistakes , Dam Gunner asking him if he thinks he will be a marked man in the league now. there was a report where white running backs were being called crackers and honkeys on the field but yet nobody makes a big deal out of that.
I highly doubt anyone remembers this in a week or two let alone players remembering it a couple of months from now.

I believe he was saying it with an "a" at the end of it instead of an "er". Now that doesn't make it right but I get the sense he was saying it more as a slang word than an actual slur.

It's incredibly stupid on his part to be getting drunk & starting trouble in public, you just can't do that as an athlete or celebrity & expect it to go unoticed.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-31-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old
07-31-2013, 05:31 PM
The Couturier Effect

Yeah everyone is overreacting to this. You know that word is used in locker rooms around the NFL on a daily basis...probably by all races. People really need to grow thicker skin.

It'll probably be forgotten when Player X gets arrested for DUI or something else. Or when Hernandez's trial gets underway.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Yeah everyone is overreacting to this. You know that word is used in locker rooms around the NFL on a daily basis...probably by all races. People really need to grow thicker skin.

It'll probably be forgotten when Player X gets arrested for DUI or something else. Or when Hernandez's trial gets underway.
Ike Reese is taking a beating right now for apparently "letting Cooper off the hook".

He basically said Cooper said something he shouldn't have but admitted so & appolgized now it's time to move on.

I swear some people just love to be outraged over anything & then get pissed off when other people won't join in with their pitchforks.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Marcus Vick now chiming in on the situation. This guy makes it hard to root for his brother if it already wasn't hard enough to do in the first place.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Marcus Vick now chiming in on the situation. This guy makes it hard to root for his brother if it already wasn't hard enough to do in the first place.
As a Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads resident, I've seen how much of ****** person Marcus Vick is. He's one of the last people in the world who should be making character judgments on others. Cooper did something dumb and he's going to pay for it where it counts the most, with his credibility amongst his peers.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
As a Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads resident, I've seen how much of ****** person Marcus Vick is. He's one of the last people in the world who should be making character judgments on others. Cooper did something dumb and he's going to pay for it where it counts the most, with his credibility amongst his peers.
The guy whines about racism towards blacks all the time on twitter & then tweets racist stuff about whites while doing so. He's too stupid of a human being to realize he's no better than the people he's complaining about.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
The guy whines about racism towards blacks all the time on twitter & then tweets racist stuff about whites while doing so. He's too stupid of a human being to realize he's no better than the people he's complaining about.
He's a guy who's blown every chance he's ever gotten. Realistically, he should be an NFL player right now. That's how talented the guy is. But instead, he's a Felon with no future except riding brother Mike's coattails. And instead of blaming himself for his ****ups, he blames society and racism for being misunderstood. He's an embarrassment to my community.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:25 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
He's a guy who's blown every chance he's ever gotten. Realistically, he should be an NFL player right now. That's how talented the guy is. But instead, he's a Felon with no future except riding brother Mike's coattails. And instead of blaming himself for his ****ups, he blames society and racism for being misunderstood. He's an embarrassment to my community.
Yup, it's people like him who bring a smile to my face when they fall flat on their face despite being given every opportunity to succeed.

He really didn't even deserve to be given a chance in the first place, truly a pathetic human being. I loved when the idiot was shooting off his gun at his brother's birthday party not even within a year Michael being let out of prison.

I kind of have to question why Michael would be letting this liability around him all the time. It's pretty clear Marcus only cares about himself.

Closed Thread