HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

vCash: 500
To all draft junkies!!

Habs get 1st Overall pick in the next draft (underachieving team, injuries, etc.). If you had the choice of Reinhart or Ekblad, who would you pick?

Old
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Ekblad

Old
07-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
Probs ekblad

Old
07-27-2013, 09:44 AM
LeHabsMan

Id take Ekblad without thinking twice. Just imagine the top 4 in a few years:

Jarred Tinordi - PK Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Aaron Ekblad

I wouldnt be upset with either Sam Reinhart or William Nylander though.

Old
07-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Dagistitsyn

Ekblad!

Old
07-27-2013, 01:05 PM
hab 4ever

I'd pick Nylander first overall. Then Reinhart. And Ekblad after. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ekblad fall off the top-5.

Old
07-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I take the unknown Quebecois phenom that rockets up the charts by the end of the year à la Jonathan Huberdeau and Jonathan Drouin.

In all seriousness, I'd pick Nylander. As of now, he's the most skilled prospect of the top 3.

Old
07-28-2013, 12:17 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I take the unknown Quebecois phenom that rockets up the charts by the end of the year à la Jonathan Huberdeau and Jonathan Drouin.

In all seriousness, I'd pick Nylander. As of now, he's the most skilled prospect of the top 3.
Drouin was there for the very beginning of 2012/13 season... at least for me.

Old
07-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Drouin was there for the very beginning of 2012/13 season... at least for me.
Of course for me too. I followed him since midget AAA when he was at the Telus Cup with LSL. But nonetheless, nobody knew how dominant he would be last year. Pretty impressing.

Old
07-28-2013, 10:26 PM
SOLR

I'm trading first overall in 2014 for a first rounder in 2015(to a bad team) and a A quality prospect or a young top 6 player with size + grit.

+ If we under perform I hope we sell at the deadline...

Old
07-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I want to see Ekblad improve his agility. And to see how Nylander handles the physicality. As of now, I'm more leaning towards Reinhart but it means nothing as the year of the draft is just THE way to analyse a prospect.

I'm extremely eager to see Del Colle's year though. Same with Haydn Fleury. Goldobin of course. And with my #1 goalie prospect in Haydn Lavigne (I have a thing or 2 for the Haydn's it seems....). Not obviously for #1 pick....but he really is interesting. And couldn't care less if we got Fucale. I think that if we draft real high based on how great we will be....., another goalie, just in case, could be the way to go.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
S Bah

Well looking at the Habs last season, I expect the Habs to be drafting in the 18-23 bracket in 2014. If they can accrue a few more low draft choices it's possible they can draft Alexis Pepin from Charlotteville, at 6'2" and 238lbs a RH Center and Nick Ritchie a LW at 6'3" and 220 lbs. both good skaters and scorers.

Put those two players on a line with McCarron and what you have is the Habs version of "The Legion of Boom" for their hitting and shooting prowess. For all the Hab fans that enjoyed watching Max Pac and Erik Cole with DD, this line adds a little bit of height, weight and Fright for Saturday night opponents at the Bell Center.

If at all possible also draft Carl Neill from Sherbrooke at 6'0" and 228 lbs. to complete the future of the defence. Solid is the word that comes to mind when thinking of Carl and Emelin as the 2nd pairing behind Subban & Tinordi, Beaulieu & Ellis or ?

In a draft that is supposedly weak there are many players that seem interesting to say the least and fit the "Balance" the Habs are building, finally starting to resemble the Championship teams of the past.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:06 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Well looking at the Habs last season, I expect the Habs to be drafting in the 18-23 bracket in 2014. If they can accrue a few more low draft choices it's possible they can draft Alexis Pepin from Charlotteville, at 6'2" and 238lbs a RH Center and Nick Ritchie a LW at 6'3" and 220 lbs. both good skaters and scorers.

Put those two players on a line with McCarron and what you have is the Habs version of "The Legion of Boom" for their hitting and shooting prowess. For all the Hab fans that enjoyed watching Max Pac and Erik Cole with DD, this line adds a little bit of height, weight and Fright for Saturday night opponents at the Bell Center.

If at all possible also draft Carl Neill from Sherbrooke at 6'0" and 228 lbs. to complete the future of the defence. Solid is the word that comes to mind when thinking of Carl and Emelin as the 2nd pairing behind Subban & Tinordi, Beaulieu & Ellis or ?

In a draft that is supposedly weak there are many players that seem interesting to say the least and fit the "Balance" the Habs are building, finally starting to resemble the Championship teams of the past.
I agree with what you said although I do think its a bit early to be naming who the Habs should target.

Im thinking the biggest goal in mind for this draft should be a tough, gritty defensive defender to finish the future top 4 of Subban, Tinordi and Beaulieu.

Im extremely interrested in american defender, Jack Glover. 6'3" 185 pounds. Guys like Haydn Fleury, Jacob Middleton, Joshua Jacobs and Brandon Prophet are other guys I will try to keep an eye on. I wont really be able to see Julius Bergman but he looks like he is pretty high in the rankings.

The top forwards are also pretty big and would fit perfectly for the direction we are trying to go. I like left wingers Nick Ritchie, like you mentionned as well as Blake Clarke. I think if there was a draft to move up in, its this one. It may not be the best draft but its the perfect one to finish off the future of our team.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:44 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
I agree with what you said although I do think its a bit early to be naming who the Habs should target.

Im thinking the biggest goal in mind for this draft should be a tough, gritty defensive defender to finish the future top 4 of Subban, Tinordi and Beaulieu.

Im extremely interrested in american defender, Jack Glover. 6'3" 185 pounds. Guys like Haydn Fleury, Jacob Middleton, Joshua Jacobs and Brandon Prophet are other guys I will try to keep an eye on. I wont really be able to see Julius Bergman but he looks like he is pretty high in the rankings.

The top forwards are also pretty big and would fit perfectly for the direction we are trying to go. I like left wingers Nick Ritchie, like you mentionned as well as Blake Clarke. I think if there was a draft to move up in, its this one. It may not be the best draft but its the perfect one to finish off the future of our team.
It's definitely too early, I'm just pointing out the positions that need depth still. So people are aware that we're not just one player away from winning, three good draft choices and that's if our prospects turn out or get more draft choices (Higher Ones)

Old
07-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I agree up front though, like you said, this is way early. I do suspect though that after this season, we will have a better read as to where our defense is heading and that we might add some more in the upcoming draft. That and....another goalie.....(yeah, I will stop soon bothering you with my Wolverine goalie....)

Old
07-31-2013, 12:12 PM
LukeMurphy5

My early picks
1.AARON EKBLAD(COLTS)
2.SAM REINHART(ICE)
3.MICHAEL DAL COLLE(GENERALS)
4.JOSH HO-SANG(SPITFIRES)
5.WILLIAM NYLANDER(SODERTALJE SK)
6.LEON DRAISAITL(RAIDERS)
7.ROLAND MCKEOWN(FRONTENACS)
8.NICK RITCHIE(PETES)
9.BLAKE CLARKE(BATTALION)
10.IVAN BARBASHEV(WILDCATS)
11.SAM BENNETT(FRONTENACS)
12.JAKE VIRTANEN(HITMEN)
13.NIKOLAY GOLDOBIN(STING)
14.BRAYDEN POINT(WARRIORS)
15.JARED MCCANN(GREYHOUNDS)
16.JACOB MIDDLETON(67'S)
17.ANTHONY DEANGELO(STING)
18.JACK GLOVER(USA)
19.ANTON KARLSSON(FROLUNDA HC)
20.NICK SCHMALTZ(GREEN BAY)
21.JAKUB VRANA(LINKOPINGS)
22.OSKAR LINDBLOM(BRYNAS IF)
23.MATTHEW MISTELE(WHALERS)
24.HAYDN FLEURY(REBELS)
25.KASPERI KAPANEN(KALPA)
26.KEEGAN IVERSON(WINTERHAWKS)
27.DAMIAN BOURNE(STEELHEADS)
28.SPENCER WATSON(FRONTENACS)
29.ROBBIE FABBRI(STORM)
30.BRENDAN PERLINI(ICE DOGS)
Honourable Mentions
RIHARDS BUKARTS(RIGA)
VLADIMIR TKACHEV(WILDCATS)
ALEX PETERS(WHALERS)
ADRIAN KEMPE(MODO U-20)
JOSH JACOBS(INDIANA)

Old
07-31-2013, 12:53 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeMurphy5 View Post
My early picks
1.AARON EKBLAD(COLTS)
2.SAM REINHART(ICE)
8.NICK RITCHIE(PETES)
12.JAKE VIRTANEN(HITMEN)
16.JACOB MIDDLETON(67'S)
18.JACK GLOVER(USA)
24.HAYDN FLEURY(REBELS)
29.ROBBIE FABBRI(STORM)
Honourable Mentions
RIHARDS BUKARTS(RIGA)
ALEX PETERS(WHALERS)
ADRIAN KEMPE(MODO U-20)
JOSH JACOBS(INDIANA)
I cant say I personally agree with your rankings but its still extremely early. I think Ho Sang is way too high and I really dont like what I saw from Iverson and Bourne. Nylander and Fleury should be a bit higher. Actually Fleury quite a bit higher.

The bolded are guys that I think TT and his crew will be keeping an eye on specifically. I would actually prefer a top 10 pick in this draft rather than last year. This is definetely not as strong as last year but a top 10 pick will really solididfy the direstion we are heading. Forget the top 3 of Ekblad, Reinhart and Nylander IMO. Getting someone like Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ritchie, Clarke, Virtanen or a defender like Fleury or McKeown would be perfect.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:31 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
I cant say I personally agree with your rankings but its still extremely early. I think Ho Sang is way too high and I really dont like what I saw from Iverson and Bourne. Nylander and Fleury should be a bit higher. Actually Fleury quite a bit higher.

The bolded are guys that I think TT and his crew will be keeping an eye on specifically. I would actually prefer a top 10 pick in this draft rather than last year. This is definetely not as strong as last year but a top 10 pick will really solididfy the direstion we are heading. Forget the top 3 of Ekblad, Reinhart and Nylander IMO. Getting someone like Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ritchie, Clarke, Virtanen or a defender like Fleury or McKeown would be perfect.
Draisaitl, Ritchie and McKeown are the players I hope the Habs target the most.

Old
07-31-2013, 09:10 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Draisaitl, Ritchie and McKeown are the players I hope the Habs target the most.
I think it depends where we draft obviously but my top 10 wishlist right now, not just the top 10 prospects:

1. Aaron Ekblad
2. Michael Dal Colle
3. Nicholas Ritchie
4. Blake Clarke
5. Roland McKeown
6. Leon Draisaitl
--------------------
7. Jacob Middleton
8. Haydn Fleury
9. Jake Virtanen
10. Jack Glover

Others to Watch:

1. Oskar Lindblom
2. Matt Mistele
3. Anthony DeAngelo

Old
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
I think it depends where we draft obviously but my top 10 wishlist right now, not just the top 10 prospects:

1. Aaron Ekblad
2. Michael Dal Colle
3. Nicholas Ritchie
4. Blake Clarke
5. Roland McKeown
6. Leon Draisaitl
--------------------
7. Jacob Middleton
8. Haydn Fleury
9. Jake Virtanen
10. Jack Glover

Others to Watch:

1. Oskar Lindblom
2. Matt Mistele
3. Anthony DeAngelo
No Reinhart? Mind if I ask why?

Not a criticism, just curious.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:37 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeMurphy5 View Post
My early picks
1.AARON EKBLAD(COLTS)
2.SAM REINHART(ICE)
8.NICK RITCHIE(PETES)
12.JAKE VIRTANEN(HITMEN)
16.JACOB MIDDLETON(67'S)
18.JACK GLOVER(USA)
24.HAYDN FLEURY(REBELS)
29.ROBBIE FABBRI(STORM)
Honourable Mentions
RIHARDS BUKARTS(RIGA)
ALEX PETERS(WHALERS)
ADRIAN KEMPE(MODO U-20)
JOSH JACOBS(INDIANA)
Brycen Martin should be on this list. But other that that its pretty good

Old
08-01-2013, 05:23 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Habs get 1st Overall pick in the next draft (underachieving team, injuries, etc.). If you had the choice of Reinhart or Ekblad, who would you pick?
I would trade down and take Ekblad, or stay put for Nylander.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
No Reinhart? Mind if I ask why?

Not a criticism, just curious.
At this point I actually have Reinhart under Nylander and Ekblad.

Id take Ekblad with the first pick. But like I said, this is a wishlist not a ranking. All the guys on that list would fill a need by giving Montreal a shutdown guy on defense or a big scoring forward.

With that said, if we were picking 2nd and Ekblad is off the board I wouldnt go by the wishlist. Id easily take one of Nylander or Reinhart. Preferably Nylander at this point IMO. Although I do think Dal Colle and Clarke will give the top 3 a run for their money by the time the draft come along.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:06 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

I would trade down and take Ekblad, or stay put for Nylander.
My thoughts excatly.

S Bah we had our disagreements for the 2013 draft but 2014 is starting off well.

If Ekblad is ranked 3rd behind Nylander and Reinhart and we have #1, take Nylander or get assets back and take Ekblad.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:49 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
My thoughts excatly.

S Bah we had our disagreements for the 2013 draft but 2014 is starting off well.

If Ekblad is ranked 3rd behind Nylander and Reinhart and we have #1, take Nylander or get assets back and take Ekblad.
Totally agree.

Although we should consider adding a center of Reinhart's or Nylander's caliber to play behind Galchenyuk in the future, if we have a lottery pick.

Closed Thread