HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello Re-signs (1 year, $1.15M)

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2013, 02:38 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The party taken to arbitration selects the term in their brief which must be submitted 48 hours prior to the hearing. Either 1 or 2. It can only be 1 if the player is a year away from group III which doesn't apply in this case. The Rangers made the mistake making the QO. If the player couldn't be re-signed by July 5,move on. The Rangers could have signed another player with the $ allocated to Zuccarello. Brooks wrote it is $1.25M. For the Rangers to get to this point with no settlement,that's not enough for Zuccarello. The free agent market is full of players who will gladly accept $1.25M but the Rangers are stuck with Zuccarello. The Red Wings have their own cap issues. They are trying to trade Tootoo back to Nashville to clear $ for Dan Cleary. Nashville needs to move a player to another team to add Tootoo.
He agreed to an even cheaper deal. What is there to complain about?
And by the way, doesn't the AHL wear and tear down the players?

Zucc has proved he can play 78 regular season games and 3 PO games in one season. 42 NHL and 36 AHL games in 2010/11

So let's all wait and see how this turn out. I bet he will play above both his size and his salary.

Go Rangers.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 08-01-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old
08-01-2013, 02:55 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
After taxes in NY may end up with $600,000. Hard to imagine a young player giving up so much. I really respect him.
How much does those agents get on a average basis? And how much is there for a decent apartment in Manhattan?

Would he be able to hang out with his friends McDonaugh and Stepan without getting brooke or bleed finasely?

Old
08-01-2013, 04:00 AM
SixGoalieSystem

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
How much does those agents get on a average basis? And how much is there for a decent apartment in Manhattan?

Would he be able to hang out with his friends McDonaugh and Stepan without getting brooke or bleed finasely?
The typical commission is 4% of the player's salary and 12% of endorsement deals.

Quick research shows that a three bedroom, two bathroom apartment on Manhattan wil cost anything between $3k and $5k of monthly rent depending on the standard.

He should be able to get by just fine and I'm sure he has some money saved up from Russia. It's not like he had a lot of stuff to spend it on in the exciting city of Magnitogorsk.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Zucc36

This just proves that Zucc loves to play for the Rangers. And loves to play hockey. And is proud and honored to represent his country when playing for the national team.

He sacrificed millions of dollars by leaving KHL.

He could have got significantly more money from the Rangers if it went to arbitration, probably around 1,5

He could have kept his deal with Unibet and got a lot more money. He cancelled it so he can play for Norway.

No one can say that this kid is after the money.......

Old
08-01-2013, 05:06 AM
Lorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
This just proves that Zucc loves to play for the Rangers. And loves to play hockey. And is proud and honored to represent his country when playing for the national team.

He could have got significantly more money from the Rangers if it went to arbitration, probably around 1,5

He could have kept his deal with Unibet and got a lot more money. He cancelled it so he can play for Norway.

It's interesting for MZA because he's had a few years of solid income so he can afford to try and make it in the NHL in the manner of his choosing without being won over by the money.

In retrospect, he must have REALLY REALLY been GUTTED by the AHL demotion a few years back.

Old
08-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

When he played in Sweden, at least first year, he had a very very bad salary. Like 30 - 40000 USD or something like that. Then he had one year in Modo with an ok (not top)salary, before not earning much due to the frequent Whale demotions in a two way entry Level contract. The Metallurg thing was too good a deal to put down, given that he by no means had a safe future in the NHL nor cash. Things are different now.

Career transactions
- 2013-07-30 Re-signed to a one-year contract by the New York Rangers
- 2013-03-28 Signed to a one-year contract by the New York Rangers
- 2012-06-02 Signed by Metallurg Magnitogorsk
- 2010-05-26 Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract by the New York Rangers
- 2009-03-01 Signed to a two-year contract extension by MODO
- 2008-04-08 Signed to a two-year contract by MODO

Old
08-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
He agreed to an even cheaper deal. What is there to complain about?
And by the way, doesn't the AHL wear and tear down the players?

Zucc has proved he can play 78 regular season games and 3 PO games in one season. 42 NHL and 36 AHL games in 2010/11

So let's all wait and see how this turn out. I bet he will play above both his size and his salary.

Go Rangers.
Not nearly as much as the NHL does.

Zuccarello must prove he can play a full season at the NHL level. No getting around it. I'm somewhat confident he can, but seeing is believing.

Old
08-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Zucc36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
It's interesting for MZA because he's had a few years of solid income so he can afford to try and make it in the NHL in the manner of his choosing without being won over by the money.

In retrospect, he must have REALLY REALLY been GUTTED by the AHL demotion a few years back.
On the other hand, Zuccarello knows that every single team in SEL will try to sign him if he returns to Scandinavia. He will easily get a long term contract and will be one of the best paid players in the league. He probably also will get good offers from KHL.

So yes, he can afford this try for the Rangers and a couple years with unsecure future. I believe this will be his chance. He needs to prove that he deserves to be in the NHL, and hopefully he succeeds and gets his first "real" long term NHL contract next year.

Old
08-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post

Which would you rather have, $1.5m for two years, or $1.15m for one year and probably around $2.25m-$3m for the next four years? Agreeing to this deal now means he gets to the more lucrative contract more quickly, providing he performs.

Him not going to arbitration is a sign that he has complete confidence in his abilities, nothing more. It is about being after the money.

Old
08-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Levitate

wait...people are complaining about signing zucarello? really?

Old
08-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
wait...people are complaining about signing zucarello? really?
I dont think anyone is. 1 year/1.15M is fine.

What Ill complain about is the gushing about how theres no other person thats wanted to be a New York Ranger more. It kind of in line with the talk about just how gifted he is offensively, yet produces at a pedestrian rate. I just can't relate to the need to pump the tires on anyone in general, but it seems to happen a lot more with him.

Old
08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

What Ill complain about is the gushing about how theres no other person thats wanted to be a New York Ranger more. It kind of in line with the talk about just how gifted he is offensively, yet produces at a pedestrian rate. I just can't relate to the need to pump the tires on anyone in general, but it seems to happen a lot more with him.
Pedestrian rate? He looked and played pretty well at the end of last year on a team that couldn't score goals.

Old
08-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Antithesis
Eye Test Dinosaur

Zuccarello can get better and the Rangers hold the all important RFA rights after this season.

UFA is clogged with guys who are on the downside of their careers.

Lets say Zucc gets a 50 point season. We are in a fantastic position. We have exclusive rights to lock him up, or can trade him to a team in need of a top 6 forward.

Mats will be playing for his NHL future this season. He will be extremely motivated.

Old
08-01-2013, 08:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Zuccarello can get better and the Rangers hold the all important RFA rights after this season.

UFA is clogged with guys who are on the downside of their careers.

Lets say Zucc gets a 50 point season. We are in a fantastic position. We have exclusive rights to lock him up, or can trade him to a team in need of a top 6 forward.

Mats will be playing for his NHL future this season. He will be extremely motivated.
This is how I see and I don't think 50 points in impossible by any means.

Old
08-01-2013, 09:57 AM
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!

Quote:

The hate is strong in this one.

People said he wanted to be a Ranger so he gave up a lot of money to be a Rangers. That is something most Ranger fans will respect. Who said no other person wanted to be a Ranger more? I did not read that post but since you went there in your non stop bashing I will ask who gave up more money (percentage wise) to be a Ranger?

Old
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Pedestrian rate? He looked and played pretty well at the end of last year on a team that couldn't score goals.
Yes. Pedestrian rate.

When your offensive creativity and abilities are continuously and incessantly gushed over, yet the production is .5 PPG while possessing no other attributes, its the very definition of pedestrian.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
The hate is strong in this one.

People said he wanted to be a Ranger so he gave up a lot of money to be a Rangers. That is something most Ranger fans will respect. Who said no other person wanted to be a Ranger more? I did not read that post but since you went there in your non stop bashing I will ask who gave up more money (percentage wise) to be a Ranger?
When not gushing over Zuccarello its labeled as hate and bashing. I'd try to explain how absurd this notion is but its clear you just dont understand the content being discussed. I havent seen you add one positive contribution to any other Ranger discourse -- your sole mission on this board is to serve as a Mats Zuccarello fanboy.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:26 AM
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!

Quote:
When not gushing over Zuccarello its labeled as hate and bashing. I'd try to explain how absurd this notion is but its clear you just dont understand the content being discussed. I havent seen you add one positive contribution to any other Ranger discourse -- your sole mission on this board is to serve as a Mats Zuccarello fanboy.
When all you do is bash bash bash and seem in physical pain that people like Zooks it will be viewed as hate.

I am a Zooks fan. Guilty as charged. If that makes me a Zooks "fanboy" in your eyes that is fine by me. I have been a Rangers fan for parts of 5 decades. While your name says Bleed Rangers Blue I have actually done so.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
JohnC

I, personally, bleed red

Old
08-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
When all you do is bash bash bash and seem in physical pain that people like Zooks it will be viewed as hate.

I am a Zooks fan. Guilty as charged. If that makes me a Zooks "fanboy" in your eyes that is fine by me. I have been a Rangers fan for parts of 5 decades. While your name says Bleed Rangers Blue I have actually done so.
Have I said Zuccarello sucks? Thats hes worthless? Nope. I just find it incredible that any sort of criticism to his game, and plenty can be made, is shunned as as hating and bashing. If I made the same references to, say, Benoit Pouliot, no one would bat an eyelash. I wonder if you've made it a practice to play favorites and declared that some players are immune to criticism over these past 5 decades.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:03 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Yes. Pedestrian rate.

When your offensive creativity and abilities are continuously and incessantly gushed over, yet the production is .5 PPG while possessing no other attributes, its the very definition of pedestrian.
Are all players supposed to come into the NHL and score a ppg?

Old
08-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Antithesis
Eye Test Dinosaur

But we can agree that with Callahan and Hagelin out for possibly the first month, it is better to have Zuccarello there than, say, Mashinter.

Even with everyone healthy if Zucc performs there is most certainly a spot for him in the lineup. Ideally as a top 6 left winger. Kreider and Hagelin have potential and speed but neither has shown to be a dependable top 6 LW option yet. We at least now have 4 guys to choose from (Kreider, Zucc, Pouliot, Hagelin) over just two in Hagelin and Kreider.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Lorb

Zuke's Norwegian contract brings all the Norwegians to the board, damn right it's better than yours. Surprisingly, there are like 1.2 Norwegian players.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:

Same here. Good post. Props

Love the fact that Zuccarello loves playing here. Glad to have him back

Old
08-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I, personally, bleed red
Commie!

Closed Thread