Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First to go?

Old
11-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Flamesfan 26

vCash: 500
First to go?

If the Flames continue to struggle who do you think will be the first to go whether it be trade, firing, waivers, ect.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 08:30 PM
abracanada

The first to go, has been a number of fans jumping ship. Some are new recruits who have given up, and some are people who have always wanted to undermine the team.

I don't know what will happen over the next little while. I may be disappointed, and I may not. But I know I will remain a fan. Do we really need threads speculating on stuff like this?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Zimmer12

I feel the same way. Very disappointed in the way the Flames have performed in the eleven games played. The only positives is that Iginla is off to a good start, which is very unusual and the whole team is healthy.

Sutter calling out the five he did could be a great thing. Maybe those five will step their game up. On the other hand it could be a horrible thing just putting more and more pressure on these guys causing them to grip their sticks just a little bit more than they already are.

They need to get back to the basics. Start playing a tight checking, defensive style of hockey again. If playing that style of hockey will put up the W's, then so be it even if it is not as exciting as a run and gun style. I'll tell you what isn't exciting, watching your team struggle.

Zimmer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 09:22 PM
workedforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
The first to go, has been a number of fans jumping ship.
To no one's surprise
I think maybe the lack of interest the flames have shown on the ice is contributing to the lack of discussion here. I know I only started posting recently but I have been reading hf for a long time now and quite frankly, I'm going with the if I have nothing good to say don't say anything at all mentality. I think many fans are questioning the whole in Sutter we trust thing, and not without reason as it kind of looks like the players havn't taken an outwork your opponants stance this year either. To be honest, I'm waiting 10 more games before I even presume to know what this team has to do to snap out of it. One thing, last night on overtime with Rob Kerr a caller said that defence first hockey can't win in the new NHL and Kerr responded by saying yes it can, they just havn't played that hockey yet. And I agree with that statement 100%. As soon as we see the flames play their game, I will judge wether or not this squad can win this year playing that hockey. And I don't want to see Playfair fired so that means we wait to see the flames play their game.

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Bergie

why does no one talk about Amonte. I didnt know he even still played, nevermind the second line. i mean the guy is terrible. 1.85Mil a year for what 2 points and a minus 2 in 11 games

Bergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:14 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergie View Post
why does no one talk about Amonte. I didnt know he even still played, nevermind the second line. i mean the guy is terrible. 1.85Mil a year for what 2 points and a minus 2 in 11 games
First off, third line. He is playing well defensively. He is in the twilight of his career likely, but he kills penalties and provides energy and maturity.

You probably wouldn 't want to sign a player with that role to that much money but when he is close to the end, this is typically what happens.

Apart from the Flames salary structure, what are you worried about? Just another chance to kick the team when they are down?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
VanW27

Quote:
hot rumor in the press box has the Flyers sending RJ Umberger to Calgary for Roman Hamrlik
Spectors

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:30 AM
boarderex

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27 View Post

If Philly and Calgary are talking I suspect they won't have too much trouble working something out. They both have a few problems that the other could help fix. PLUS they wouldn't be trading within the conference which wouldn't hurt especially if the deal were any bigger than Hamrlik-Umberger.

boarderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27 View Post
I would love for that trade to happen. Umberger would solve a lot of scoring problems and we would get rid of our biggest dman problem. That way Regehr could be called up and QB the pp with Phanuef

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Hopefull Warrener to NY

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Penalty Killer

Whoever it is, it probably won't be significant. The Flames are actually doing slightly better through 11 games this season than last, so no need to panic yet. Not that a 1st, or even 2nd-line center wouldn't be nice.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote