HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flyers use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov's contract (updates in post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2013, 01:41 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yup, he also played a main character (I can't remember his name) on The Wire which is about crime in Baltimore through different perspectives.
Never got around to seeing that though I've heard it's very good.

Old
07-28-2013, 02:00 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Never got around to seeing that though I've heard it's very good.
It is excellent. My avatar is a Wire character too

Old
07-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Nacho
Special

So rumor has it, that he is going to sign in Sweden...

Old
07-31-2013, 10:38 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
http://www.farjestadbk.se/artikel/40195/

Just training.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Viller

Quote:
No one is gonna make him a #1 in the NHL, he will need to earn it. Personally, I don't think anyone will even give him that chance (maybe bottom feeders like Edmonton would, but he aint winning anything anywhere).

Theres better out there than Bryzgalov.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Breaking: Ilya Bryzgalov has signed with my beer league, Jon's Oil and Lube.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Breaking: Ilya Bryzgalov has signed with my beer league, Jon's Oil and Lube.
i give him a week before hes bought out, for wanting free oil changes to often.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i give him a week before hes bought out, for wanting free oil changes to often.
Well, you can forgive the guy for that, he will need a hell of a lot of oil to derive the liquid propellant he needs for his space exploration mission... after all, the Solar system is so humongous big that you need a lot of fuel.

Old
08-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Not true. He's there to practice with their goalie coach, one of the best in the world. And since Färjestad only have two goalies under contract, he'll be with them as well for a week or so. But he's not there to practice with the team per se.

Old
08-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Not true. He's there to practice with their goalie coach, one of the best in the world. And since Färjestad only have two goalies under contract, he'll be with them as well for a week or so. But he's not there to practice with the team per se.
hes there to show the other 2 goalies what NOT to do..

Old
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

He showed his spiritual comfort "meditating" on the bench, in net and supposedly the locker room...

Yeah I guess finances aren't important to him thanks to Snider.....

Quote:
Slava Malamud: Ilya Bryzgalov to 59.ru: ”Finances aren’t as important to me as spiritual comfort… So, I am 50/50 (between NHL and KHL)”

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlavaMala...49445963395072
Quote:
Igor Eronko: Ilya Bryzgalov is working out with Fargestad’s goalie coach Erik Granqvist in Karlstad. Bryzgalov is still hoping to find a job in the NHL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IgorEronk...14568766861312

Old
08-06-2013, 02:53 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
He showed his spiritual comfort "meditating" on the bench, in net and supposedly the locker room...

oh poor mr. snider. He should've stayed out of the player personel dpt. but instead he was impatient and frivolous with money. a bad way to run a team. I guess you can do that when you have the best fan base in sports. i hoped he learned to shut up and stay out of the way tho.

Old
08-06-2013, 04:04 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

At this point who cares? It's not like any of us are paying him that money personally.

It was a nice lesson for Snider to now know to stay out of it & let the people you're paying to do their jobs.

Old
08-06-2013, 04:42 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:

I had an opportunity to read an interview on Sports.ru. Below are the snippets:

When asked about his tenure in Philadelphia: "I am not going to answer this question, since it might be translated and misinterpreted. Flyers tryed to change my game and it was very hard.
On job opportunities: "I have several offers from the NHL and KHL. I would prefer to stay in the North America and my agent has been working on it."

The coach that he is working with said: "His problems appeared because he was on the wrong way including his basic goalie stance. To my surprise, he understood quickly and started improving almost immediately, everything went well, as I hoped.

Today I had an opportunity to see his real potential, and I am confident that we will solve his problems. He is an excellent goalie and an outstanding personality."

May be there is something about Flyers goalie coach that is not conducive to develop an elite goalie? Bob unlocked his potential after he had left Flyers....

Old
08-06-2013, 05:38 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

When asked about his tenure in Philadelphia: "I am not going to answer this question, since it might be translated and misinterpreted. Flyers tryed to change my game and it was very hard.
On job opportunities: "I have several offers from the NHL and KHL. I would prefer to stay in the North America and my agent has been working on it."

The coach that he is working with said: "His problems appeared because he was on the wrong way including his basic goalie stance. To my surprise, he understood quickly and started improving almost immediately, everything went well, as I hoped.

Today I had an opportunity to see his real potential, and I am confident that we will solve his problems. He is an excellent goalie and an outstanding personality."

May be there is something about Flyers goalie coach that is not conducive to develop an elite goalie? Bob unlocked his potential after he had left Flyers....
No "maybe". DEFINATELY. It was so obvious watching this team the last 2 years. jeff reese is brain damaged, not that it is shocking that a horrible nhl goalie would make a horrible evaluator. What is shocking is the amount of people who blamed our goalies for everything especially considering their play before and after their experiences here. bad contracts are one thing, but play is another and they are not to be confused which they were recently. There's only so many adjustments to be made when half your team is AHL caliber which is what happened a year ago but there is definitely something wrong with the way we approach that position here. our philosophy is ridiculous and it seems to have spread like a virus. I love this team but this is the only thing that really pisses me off about us.

Old
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
No "maybe". DEFINATELY. It was so obvious watching this team the last 2 years. jeff reese is brain damaged, not that it is shocking that a horrible nhl goalie would make a horrible evaluator. What is shocking is the amount of people who blamed our goalies for everything especially considering their play before and after their experiences here. bad contracts are one thing, but play is another and they are not to be confused which they were recently. There's only so many adjustments to be made when half your team is AHL caliber which is what happened a year ago but there is definitely something wrong with the way we approach that position here. our philosophy is ridiculous and it seems to have spread like a virus. I love this team but this is the only thing that really pisses me off about us.
The only system in the world that turns Michael Leighton into Ilya Bryzgalov and Ilya Bryzgalov into Michael Leighton...

Or a system that turns marginal players into excellent performers when used correctly while exposing marginal players performing excellently in other systems when used incorrectly...

My money is on two, but that's only because I believe that behind every superstition there is a rational explanation that everyone overlooks because they're generally too busy freaking out.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:02 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
The only system in the world that turns Michael Leighton into Ilya Bryzgalov and Ilya Bryzgalov into Michael Leighton...

Or a system that turns marginal players into excellent performers when used correctly while exposing marginal players performing excellently in other systems when used incorrectly...

My money is on two, but that's only because I believe that behind every superstition there is a rational explanation that everyone overlooks because they're generally too busy freaking out.
This riles me all up, the goalie situation. I can't help it. but what you said happened before we gutted the team and brought in babies to play a very complicated system. It's complicated because of the speed it needs to be executed. after summer 2011 we had a lot of kids just pissing their pants trying to get used to the pace of NHL hockey and on top of tons of key injuries we had over compensating veterans that wound up being more detrimental defensively than effective. That's just the system tho. I really do think Jeff Reese is beneath us. We should be in the market for a new goalie coach. we'll see how this year turns out tho. But if he finds a way to screw up Emery my heads a gonna explode....again

Old
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

I'm not a fan of Reese ...nor McCrossin whose half-baked idea to add mass backfired in Bryz's first season. However, Bryz needs to take more responsibility. All he has done is point fingers at the press and coaching staff and at times the defense. Maybe some of it was warranted in each case but let's see if he can land a job back in the NHL and back up his squawking....

..and if he does back it up..then the Flyers better start looking in the mirror with this goalie BS..especially if Emery and Mason both don't pan out as well....

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 08-06-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 09:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
At this point who cares? It's not like any of us are paying him that money personally.

It was a nice lesson for Snider to now know to stay out of it & let the people you're paying to do their jobs.
Maybe not but that signing cost this team the playoffs not to mention Bob.....

Snider hasn't learned crap...he was at the draft table meddling and chortling to the press how he was on "alert...."

Old
08-06-2013, 09:30 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Maybe not but that signing cost this team the playoffs not to mention Bob.....

Snider hasn't learned crap...he was at the draft table meddling and chortling to the press how he was on "alert...."
Well when you want to stop harping on the past & beating the dead horse you're more than welcome to join us in the present/future.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 08-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 09:42 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Reese ...nor McCrossin whose half-baked idea to add mass backfired in Bryz's first season. However, Bryz needs to take more responsibility. All he has done is point fingers at the press and coaching staff and at times the defense. Maybe some of it was warranted in each case but let's see if he can land a job back in the NHL and back up his squawking....

..and if he does back it up..then the Flyers better start looking in the mirror with this goalie BS..especially if Emery and Mason both don't pan out as well....
Well, you are correct to some extend, however Bryz was not shy to admit that he was "lost in the woods" and that was his job to stop the puck. Also, I do remember his interview where he stated that he had been working on his positioning with Phoenix goalie coach, and Jeff Reese wanted him to work on his puck handling.

Judging by Swedish goalie coach remarks, Reese was working on the wrong problem. The results of Swedish coach's intervention remain to be seen.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Well when you want to stop harping on the past & beating the dead horse you're more than welcome to join us in the present/future.
Well ok...Snider is still here...and we still don't know what we have in net.....

Old
08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Well ok...Snider is still here...and we still don't know what we have in net.....
I just don't give a **** about Bryzgalov or that whole saga anymore. The horse has been beaten way more than it should have been at this point.

Old
08-07-2013, 02:56 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

I heard on Vancouver radio awhile ago that when Bob first got to CBJ their Goaltending Coach, Ian Clark, gave Bob his manual on how to play the Butterfly style.

Ian Clark was goalie coach for Vancouver 2002-2010.

Maybe it is time to look for a new coach?

Old
08-07-2013, 06:44 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
I just don't give a **** about Bryzgalov or that whole saga anymore. The horse has been beaten way more than it should have been at this point.
Well, I do not think this discussion is about him anymore. It looks like we are using him and Bob to discuss ineptitude of the Flyers goalie coaching.

I hope, that financial impact will not be the only lesson learned from this saga.

Closed Thread