HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Kansas City at Philadelphia (Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. ET; NFLN)

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2013, 12:37 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

vCash: 500
what an idiot

Old
08-01-2013, 07:00 AM
flybynite77

players have in the past year been suspended in the MLB & MLS for gay slurs. NBA players have been fined, but I don't think any have been suspended.

Hockey players have been suspended for racial slurs, soccer players have been suspended for racial slurs. I don't see why Cooper shouldn't be suspended.

Because it's "football"? Because there's only 16 games and they "mean more"?

Honestly the Eagles should just cut him. At most normal jobs if you used a racial slur you could be fired or suspended without pay for a significant amount of time. I think that should be an even stiffer penalty for a public figure.

Old
08-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
what an idiot
I would expect better from Tim Tebows college roomate.

Old
08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I would expect better from Tim Tebows college roomate.
Not a good off-season for ex-Florida Gators. At least he didn't kill someone or come out in support of someone who killed someone.

Old
08-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I think what happens to him is up to his teammates. If he's still on the team at the start of the season its because they got over it. The coach isn't going to keep a 3/4 WR on the team if its going to cause problems.

Old
08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
To begin with, I don't think this is as big an issue as people are making it out to be. He's a dick, for sure, but if his teammates can get over it, (which it appears they can based on the comments of Michael Vick), move on.

I just think it is hilarious that he says he never used the word before and blah blah blah. There is 100% absolutely no way that a person his age, would just randomly start spouting that out of his mouth when in an altercation with a black person. That's just not something that happens. Most people have said ****** before. Some people out of hate, others because it is just a word that people say (right or wrong). But I can't imagine a situation where a guy out of nowhere just starts saying he is going to fight every ****** here if it is not a word that he uses on a somewhat regular basis.

Old
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
flyersguy33*

Its amazing how over blown the media is making this. but that's what the media does and its sad

Old
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
The Couturier Effect

No way he deserves to lose his job for saying an offensive word. Look at all the other neanderthals around the league who get arrested for DUI. When they get behind the wheel while intoxicated, not only are they putting their own lives at risk, but the lives of everyone on the road as well. They could have killed someone and they still have a job.

He's human. He made a mistake. If his teammates can forgive him, then he should stay. This is another example of the media blowing things out of proportion.

And like I said before, I don't care what he does off the field. He can be a member of the klan for all I care. I only care about is his performance on the field.

Old
08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
No way he deserves to lose his job for saying an offensive word. Look at all the other neanderthals around the league who get arrested for DUI. When they get behind the wheel while intoxicated, not only are they putting their own lives at risk, but the lives of everyone on the road as well. They could have killed someone and they still have a job.

He's human. He made a mistake. If his teammates can forgive him, then he should stay. This is another example of the media blowing things out of proportion.

And like I said before, I don't care what he does off the field. He can be a member of the klan for all I care. I only care about is his performance on the field.
Well everybody but McCoy but this is the same guy who threw a female off his bus on the turnpike & urged his twitter followers to berate the mother of his child on there this offseason so he really shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house.

I think the fine & humiliation is enough of a punishment.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

This Eagles team has a lot of players to dislike: McCoy. Vick. DeSean. Now Cooper.

Granted: They made mistakes. Trouble is: That their mistakes consists is largely what I know of them, besides football acumen.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Hiesenberg

He's gonna get released, sounds like there is too much *****ing and moaning in the locker room full of hypocrites.

Everybody forgives Vick for murdering dozens of dogs, but a white guy says 1 really bad word and he loses his job.

Oh well, he's a borderline NFL player anyway, if it shuts everybody up, let him go.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:14 PM
The Couturier Effect

He's not gonna get released. The media likes twisting words of players to make it sound a lot worse than it really is. If there's one thing I've learned from being a Philly fan, it's to never trust the media.

On another note, the Eagles released a statement that said they are putting Cooper into sensitivity training. I think the organization has handled the situation very well.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
This Eagles team has a lot of players to dislike: McCoy. Vick. DeSean. Now Cooper.

Granted: They made mistakes. Trouble is: That their mistakes consists is largely what I know of them, besides football acumen.
This is the entire league anymore. I find myself pulling away from the NFL more and more as a result of not wanting to give my money to a large collection of **** human beings.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:22 PM
flyersguy33*

I bet half the players on this team go home and use that word on a daily basis. Hell I'm sure half the people crying and blowing this thing way out of proportion use the word. Its really insane what a big freaking deal the media is making out of this. Worry about guys getting DUIs and killing others. Its a word. They need to get over themselves. This isn't 1860

Old
08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This is the entire league anymore. I find myself pulling away from the NFL more and more as a result of not wanting to give my money to a large collection of **** human beings.
Yup, the NFL has really gone down hill in that respect. There's really not a whole lot of likable players & guys you want to root for.

It's amazing how these guys are given once in the lifetime opportunities & continue to break the law & then continually be given chances by their teams.

The NFL & even the NCAA do a terrible job at disciplining these guys to where it's no wonder why they are so out of control.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
The Couturier Effect

If it's such an offensive word, no member of any race should use it.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:38 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yup, the NFL has really gone down hill in that respect. There's really not a whole lot of likable players & guys you want to root for.

It's amazing how these guys are given once in the lifetime opportunities & continue to break the law & then continually be given chances by their teams.

The NFL & even the NCAA do a terrible job at disciplining these guys to where it's no wonder why they are so out of control.
Agreed. It seemed like every other day this offseason there was news of another player getting arrested. Goodell needs to step up and incorporate a zero tolerance policy or something like that. It's getting out of hand.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:45 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Agreed. It seemed like every other day this offseason there was news of another player getting arrested. Goodell needs to step up and incorporate a zero tolerance policy or something like that. It's getting out of hand.
Money talks. If the guys produce on the field, teams won't care what they do off of it (short of murder/**** obviously.) You'd think with all that money, they could hire someone to follow them around and tap them on the shoulder and say "THIS ISN'T SUCH A GOOD IDEA."

08-01-2013, 04:51 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Money talks. If the guys produce on the field, teams won't care what they do off of it (short of murder/**** obviously.) You'd think with all that money, they could hire someone to follow them around and tap them on the shoulder and say "THIS ISN'T SUCH A GOOD IDEA."
Ray Lewis? Ben Roethlisberger?

Old
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Justified
Amaro out

He should be forced to cut his hair.

Old
08-01-2013, 05:36 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ray Lewis? Ben Roethlisberger?
I know I know. Should've said convicted, not alleged. Although a rose by any other name...

Old
08-02-2013, 08:31 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
For all the progress Society has made in the last 100+ years, race continues to take a step back and be one of the biggest hot button issue that continually gets warped beyond belief. Black on black, white on white crime, eh who cares, just another day. But oh boy when a White person does something to a black person and all of a sudden it is national headlines (The reverse however is not blown as much out of proportion, but there isn't an equivalent Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to rile up riots across America). How many new rap singles will drunk dolts be singing in a club through the end of the year that uses the N word? If it was such a bad word, don't say it at all, I don't go to my jewish friends and go **** please!

There is equality for all, people are equally being F-ed by the man. For 12+ years now the country has been lead by incompetent leaders and they've been both white and black. Stop the race mongering already. Most normal people don't give a **** except for the fact that it is annoying as hell to see in every national headline.

Cooper screwed up. He said a terrible word. He'll pay for it and hopefully redeem himself. No need to keep harping on it all offseason and into the regular season.

Old
08-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Hiesenberg

Patrick Burke had a great tweet that said how many people who are upset by what Riley Cooper will say the f word today (f word meaning derogatory for gay).

How many black guys who are up in arms about what Cooper said say extremely bad things every day?

Old
08-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Hiesenberg

BTW, Riley Cooper excused from all team activities. He's basically suspended w/ pay

Old
08-02-2013, 12:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Patrick Burke had a great tweet that said how many people who are upset by what Riley Cooper will say the f word today (f word meaning derogatory for gay).

How many black guys who are up in arms about what Cooper said say extremely bad things every day?
The difference is that they are not saying it on camera. If it was someone else who said it at the concert, I bet you Riley Cooper would be denouncing it. That's just how it goes. People say dumb **** they shouldn't all the time when they are with their friends and so forth. It is completely different if you get caught saying it on camera. Deny deny deny...until you get caught, then act like it is the first time you ever did it.

Closed Thread