HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi shoots to make the Canadiens

Old
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
yoyo999

vCash: 500
Tinordi shoots to make the Canadiens

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/stor...-tinordi-.html

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:17 PM
PricePkPatch

You probably mean "shoot FOR" or "AIM to" make the team :p

I am not surprised. In fact, I'd be damned disappointed if he doesn't start the season with us.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:18 PM
kassian

Tinordi's essential for next season. He's the only bit of toughness and grit along with Subban, until Emelin comes back at least.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:19 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

If Emelin is only expected by Christmas Tinordi better start the season or we'll have the softest D in the roughest division.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:25 PM

His neck is looking thick (no homo). Probably added some pounds to his frame which is good.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
..how does shooting makes you get a job with the Habs? Aint shooting and hockey widely different sports?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
His neck is looking thick (no homo). Probably added some pounds to his frame which is good.
Its that or his brain shrinked. Wich would be counterproductive.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Tyson

Tinordi has a spot in the top 6 easily. It is truly his to lose. I think the call up and playoff experience will do wonders for him heading into this season. No way he is not in the starting lineup

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Dada

I hope he's ready to replace Emelin... and then be sent back to Hamilton for one last year, what's the hurry after all?

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
I think he's gonna be the glue of the defence for us (other than Subban of course). He won't put up many points this year i think, but I feel he'll surprise us with how much he'll change the flow of his game (not just from his physical element, but the combonation of mobility and reach.)

I think he's going to become a fan favourite.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:02 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:12 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I think he's gonna be the glue of the defence for us (other than Subban of course). He won't put up many points this year i think, but I feel he'll surprise us with how much he'll change the flow of his game (not just from his physical element, but the combonation of mobility and reach.)

I think he's going to become a fan favourite.
yeah....in 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong, Tinordi is a solid prospect but he definitely was terrible at adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He had a huge gap between him and the opposite forward and even his long reach couldn't bail him out. A guy like him will probably become a steady and safe D in the NHL after 3 full seasons.

Like I said, has the physique and the skating ability to control the pace in his own zone and I think he will be a tremendous player. But I'd also lower my expectations of him for next year...

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:20 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Barring a terrible camp, Tinordi's on the roster to start the year...probably paired with Diaz to start, with hopefully some shifts with Subban...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
yeah....in 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong, Tinordi is a solid prospect but he definitely was terrible at adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He had a huge gap between him and the opposite forward and even his long reach couldn't bail him out. A guy like him will probably become a steady and safe D in the NHL after 3 full seasons.

Like I said, has the physique and the skating ability to control the pace in his own zone and I think he will be a tremendous player. But I'd also lower my expectations of him for next year...
I'm just hoping that Tinordi doesn't look out of place as a 5-6 D next year. Those are my expectations for him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:29 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's. I'm still of the opinion that when Jarred has a few yrs. exp. in the NHL, he will have an offensive side and become an all-round force for the Habs. Tinordi and Subban would make a great 1st pairing, if Beaulieu keeps improving at the rate he was last year the Top Four could be;

1st pairing - Tinordi LD & Subban RD
2nd pairing - Emelin LD & Beaulieu RD
3rd pairing - Bennett LD & Pateryn RD
extra's - Didier, Deitz, Diaz, Ellis, Gorges and Thrower - That's a pretty deep defence or an elite dman & forward in trades, looking good for our team in a couple of seasons.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:43 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Beaulieu's a lefty...

Old
08-01-2013, 06:47 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post

I'm not expecting him to dominate but to be honest I felt he improved greatly by playoffs end last year. I think he'll be having a surprisingly solid season next year.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 07:48 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I'm not expecting him to dominate but to be honest I felt he improved greatly by playoffs end last year. I think he'll be having a surprisingly solid season next year.
I respect your opinion and I'd like that he plays well enough to bump Bouillon off a roster spot. However, from my point of view, it was especially in the playoffs where he looked not ready at all for the big show. Anyway, with all the 4-5-6 D's we have, I'd rather he play on the first pairing in Hamilton with some call ups during the year than getting 10-15 minutes a night. This guy needs to play fearless with the puck so he built confidence and playing 20-25+ minutes in the AHL will help.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:10 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Barring a terrible camp, Tinordi's on the roster to start the year...probably paired with Diaz to start, with hopefully some shifts with Subban...
Pateryn may stick as well

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's. I'm still of the opinion that when Jarred has a few yrs. exp. in the NHL, he will have an offensive side and become an all-round force for the Habs. Tinordi and Subban would make a great 1st pairing, if Beaulieu keeps improving at the rate he was last year the Top Four could be;

extra's - Didier, Deitz, Diaz, Ellis, Gorges and Thrower - That's a pretty deep defence or an elite dman & forward in trades, looking good for our team in a couple of seasons.
Bennett will never be in the Habs top 6

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:11 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:

Dietz is a lock on day , doubt Bennet makes the team

Old
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:

at least you were smart not to put Gorges or Markov in your top 6

Old
08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
Dietz is a lock on day , doubt Bennet makes the team
A lock on... Hamilton?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
Pateryn may stick as well
I really hope so...paired with Markov in limited minutes, I'm hoping Pateryn can keep progressing to become a steady, 5/6 shutdown guy with some physicality that can jump up to the Top 4 in limited minutes...

Old
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

The next captain of the Montreal Canadiens, ladies & gentlemen. Book it criss.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote