HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tye McGinn

Old
08-01-2013, 07:40 PM
dino200022

vCash: 500
Tye McGinn

Chances he stays on the big teamright out of camp this year?

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 09-10-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added prefix
dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 07:44 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Slim he's got to win the job over Laughton who is pretty much pencilled in at this point and a couple other young guys, + theres the possibility of resigning Gagne still. I doubt he makes the team out of camp but will likely be one of the first call-ups when injuries happen.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Clown Baby

I don't get why everybody assumes Rinaldo's safe. The reputation with the refs, little special teams' contribution to speak of, and McGinn has outproduced him at every stage. McGinn is the perfect fourth-line forward. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed with a fourth-line of McGinn-Hall-Rinaldo.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
The Couturier Effect

I was a big Rinaldo hater coming into this season, but to me, he proved himself to be a great agitator. He was much more disciplined and drew a lot of penalties. He earned the spot IMO. But I do think McGinn should be in consideration for the lineup. He just has to work hard and prove that last season wasn't a fluke...same with Rinaldo.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:49 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
starts the season with the Flyers out of camp? 30%

stays with the team throughout the season? 2%

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:49 PM
MR28
McDavid pls

McGinn absolutely doesn't belong on a fourth line.

MR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaah View Post
McGinn absolutely doesn't belong on a fourth line.
First line?

Now you're thinking!

Old
08-01-2013, 11:06 PM
flyershockey

He's a future third liner, but probably not this year. I like what he brings, but there are very few spots available at this point. It wouldn't hurt for him to see another year in the AHL.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 11:23 PM
dawkins121

Probably one of the first guys called up but I would be surprised if he made it out of camp.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Slim he's got to win the job over Laughton who is pretty much pencilled in at this point and a couple other young guys, + theres the possibility of resigning Gagne still. I doubt he makes the team out of camp but will likely be one of the first call-ups when injuries happen.
I dont see how Laughton is anywhere near penciled in

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 03:03 AM
flyersfan018

13th forward.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Flyerss

well someone will get injured

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 04:57 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
I don't get why everybody assumes Rinaldo's safe. The reputation with the refs, little special teams' contribution to speak of, and McGinn has outproduced him at every stage. McGinn is the perfect fourth-line forward. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed with a fourth-line of McGinn-Hall-Rinaldo.
Despite being small Rinaldo is feared as a pest in the whole league.
He is fast, hits like a truck, and gets into your face. And he draws penalties as well as he gets into the heads of his opponents.

I like McGinn though but no necessarily over Rinaldo.
McGinn is tough as well but plays a different style, likes to get into the corners and tries to park himself in front of the net but most notably he is slower. McGinn is at his best when put on a scoring line with fast creative linemates imho.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Despite being small Rinaldo is feared as a pest in the whole league.
He is fast, hits like a truck, and gets into your face. And he draws penalties as well as he gets into the heads of his opponents.

I like McGinn though but no necessarily over Rinaldo.
McGinn is tough as well but plays a different style, likes to get into the corners and tries to park himself in front of the net but most notably he is slower. McGinn is at his best when put on a scoring line with fast creative linemates imho.
McGinn drew 1.50 PIM/60 and took 0.00 PIM/60. Rinaldo took 2.3 PIM/60 and drew 3.2 PIM/60.

Old
08-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Hiesenberg

Rinaldo was an outstanding player last year, he had like an insane hits per shift #, drew a lot of penalties and if you left him alone, would create a scoring chance at times. That guy deserves a good 8-10 mins of ice time if you ask me.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Swic21

Personally I don't get why everyone is in love with McGinn. He's a solid player but I agree that Rinaldo is the better option. They both don't put points up but Rinaldo brings more to the table at this point. Rinaldo is also younger ( only by a month or so) but he is the younger player. McGinn will be th first to be called up, but I say 0 % chance he makes the team out of camp.
For the record I do like McGinn just don't think he's has special as some make him out to be.
I remember a thread saying McGinn should be on the 3rd line instead of Gagne. That's crazy talk lol. Gagne will be a little more expensive but he's better defensively, can play on the PK and pp.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic

vCash: 420
I like McGinn but not over Rinaldo. Rinaldo stays.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 09:03 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Some of the things ASF has said this summer suggests that they think McGinn is an NHL player next season.

By the way, here's a little disclaimer that despite Rinaldo's apparent new-found ability to draw penalties, that he still didn't even break even (average) in a give-take ratio:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...y-differential

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 09:33 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Some of the things ASF has said this summer suggests that they think McGinn is an NHL player next season.

By the way, here's a little disclaimer that despite Rinaldo's apparent new-found ability to draw penalties, that he still didn't even break even (average) in a give-take ratio:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...y-differential
Unless they plan on using McGinn on the fourth line, which I think would be dumb, there's only one spot for him to try and earn in the top nine. He'll also be competing with Laughton and possibly Gagne for it too. I just don't see him sticking in the NHL full time this year.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:40 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Unless they plan on using McGinn on the fourth line, which I think would be dumb, there's only one spot for him to try and earn in the top nine. He'll also be competing with Laughton and possibly Gagne for it too. I just don't see him sticking in the NHL full time this year.
If Couturier can stick on the team as a 4th liner, I don't see why they'd think McGinn would be adverse to it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
All this talk about him competing with Laughton, but has anyone actually confirmed this? I have not seen anything saying they are thinking about moving him to wing. I was under the impression that he was too good at center to move to wing. I'm not saying it won't happen but I haven't seen anything that would suggest it will. If he's moving to wing, then he's the front runner for the third line wing spot. If Laughton is not moving to wing, McGinn is the front runner.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:36 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
All this talk about him competing with Laughton, but has anyone actually confirmed this? I have not seen anything saying they are thinking about moving him to wing. I was under the impression that he was too good at center to move to wing. I'm not saying it won't happen but I haven't seen anything that would suggest it will. If he's moving to wing, then he's the front runner for the third line wing spot. If Laughton is not moving to wing, McGinn is the front runner.
Having Laughton play wing this year isn't a big deal. Richards played wing his first season in the NHL as have numerous other centers before moving back to center. In my eyes Laughton is the front runner for the last top 9 winger spot.

McGinn is better suited for the 4th line at this point anyway.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:39 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think the Hall signing pretty much seals it that if Laughton is on the roster this year, it's more than likely on the wing. He's not going to bump Lecavalier or Couturier to the wing.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Having Laughton play wing this year isn't a big deal. Richards played wing his first season in the NHL as have numerous other centers before moving back to center. In my eyes Laughton is the front runner for the last top 9 winger spot.

Flyers disagree with you. I remember hearing earlier in the season when they were scratching him they only want to use him in a top 9 role. They do not want him playing on the 4th line because he isn't that type of player. He has the skill and edge to his game where he is suited to park his rear end in front of the net and chip in offense, not just bring energy.

He is wasted in a bottom line role, hence why they kept making him a healthy scratch during the season when Gagne was brought in.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post

Well that's fine. If Laughton is going to play wing then he's the front-runner and it likely isn't really that close. I just hadn't seen anything saying that he would be moving to wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I think the Hall signing pretty much seals it that if Laughton is on the roster this year, it's more than likely on the wing. He's not going to bump Lecavalier or Couturier to the wing.
I know that, I was more saying that he would go back to juniors for another year.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote