HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
**** this team. **** this piece of **** team. I have never been so angry at a team in my life. Half these idiots should be DFA'd. People pay money to watch this crap. Players get millions of dollars to go out and pop up like morons. GMs paid to stick their fingers up their nose. This is ********!!

Old
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
This team can't even drive in a run when it's practically handed to them.

I don't even know why i watch anymore.
I think that was more entertaining then if they won honestly. I was just laughing the entire time.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
08-01-2013, 10:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

It really sucks that there's not even a draft pick to look forward to for their ****y efforts compared to the other three sports.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It really sucks that there's not even a draft pick to look forward to for their ****y efforts compared to the other three sports.
This is supposed to the best draft in 5 years. The way they are going it will definitely be a top 10 pick.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:07 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
This is supposed to the best draft in 5 years. The way they are going it will definitely be a top 10 pick.
They could get Bryce Harper 2.0, they still wouldn't bring him up until he's like 27.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
They could get Bryce Harper 2.0, they still wouldn't bring him up until he's like 27.
hahaha so true. Im happy they called up Asche and Martin up. Amaro said yesterday that it is not out of the question that Franco could win a spot in spring training next year.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:10 PM
The Couturier Effect

First Papelbum blows the save, then we have the bases loaded with nobody out in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to win?!?!?! **** this team. I want everyone fired by tomorrow.

I'm glad they're losing. I want Amaro to look like the biggest moron on the planet when this team finishes last for the next 5 years because of his idiotic way of running the team.

EDIT: I WANT HOCKEY!!!!!!!

Last edited by The Couturier Effect: 08-01-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old
08-01-2013, 10:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Well that's encouraging but my point was that the baseball draft is the biggest crapshoot in terms of drafting players out of all the four major sports. Sans an A-Rod, Griffey Jr, or Harper type of player we're likely not to see this pick for a couple of years in the pros if the guy even gets that far.

It's a little more exciting in the other sports when you have a better idea of what you're drafting.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I think that was more entertaining then if they won honestly. I was just laughing the entire time.
It was funny because even with the bases loaded with no outs, you KNEW it was going to lead to nothing.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Ilya Bryzastor

They Phillies of the late 90's are creeping around the corner sadly.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I'm hoping for a college draft pick.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
jml87

I had a dream last night that Amaro was fired and they hired an actual good General Manager. Best dream ever.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I had a dream last night that Amaro was fired and they hired an actual good General Manager. Best dream ever.
That's sad, I can name about 10 better dreams off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure they'd be deemed inappropriate and shouldn't be discussed on this board.

Edit: Just messing with you.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:27 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Don't worry, you can just jump ship to the Dodgers too. That way you won't even have to leave the Kings board.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Don't worry, you can just jump ship to the Dodgers too. That way you won't even have to leave the Kings board.
Pft, no. Love my Phillies, even if they are losing and even if they traded Utley, it would be understandable. Hatred is much deeper for that other team

I don't think I could stomach rooting for the Dodgers. Puig, Ramirez, and now Brian Wilson? Ugh, what a lineup of jackasses

Old
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Pft, no. Love my Phillies, even if they are losing and even if they traded Utley, it would be understandable. Hatred is much deeper for that other team

I don't think I could stomach rooting for the Dodgers. Puig, Ramirez, and now Brian Wilson? Ugh, what a lineup of jackasses
It's funny that you jumped ship from the Flyers because of bad "management policies", but you still root for the Phillies who have a much longer history of being poorly managed. The Phillies from the mid-90's (post WS team) until about 2005 were one of the most dreadful franchises in sports, and notoriously cheap.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
jml87

Quote:
It's funny that you jumped ship from the Flyers because of bad "management policies", but you still root for the Phillies who have a much longer history of being poorly managed. The Phillies from the mid-90's (post WS team) until about 2005 were one of the most dreadful franchises in sports, and notoriously cheap.
Different reasons behind it but in the end, the Phillies did make the right decisions. Sure I remember them being cheap and just rooting for the .500 mark a lot of years. I did get annoyed with how little they actually tried to get better, but they had so many issues, it wasn't one outstanding thing they could do.

Then, they got someone from outside the organization and they built and stuck with a young core of awesome players. Then, they won a championship. So they will get credit for that forever from me. Wish they'd do it again. But really, Amaro actually has tried to get things they need. He's just an epic moron and gets the wrong players. Plus, business ethics are a big thing for me. Especially since 2005, I haven't ever felt like the players were treated disrespectfully.

I certainly don't want to bring my feelings towards the Flyers over here. It would take a while for me to accurately explain everything. I like it here cause this is by far the most level headed place to talk about the Phillies. Every other forum is filled with ****** who are condemning the entire team and clogging posts with stupid internet memes.

I take enough abuse from my own family about switching, you know? AND, my mom's a penguins fan so I think I'm suffering enough

Old
08-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
small market team =/ 4th largest media market . one of the dumber things ive ever heard.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
small market team =/ 4th largest media market . one of the dumber things ive ever heard.
I was speaking to pre-2005. Do you really want to dispute that?

Old
08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Yeah there really is no question that the Phillies of the 90s and early 00s were cheap and run like ****.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah there really is no question that the Phillies of the 90s and early 00s were cheap and run like ****.
90s and early 00s?!?! Try late 80s too. The Phillies have been a poorly run team my entire life outside of the late 70s/up to say 1983, then Pat Gillick's tenure (although he made some clunker decisions too, in general much better) up until Ruben Amaro got hired. So we're looking at 8-9 years of the past almost 36?

This is without getting in to the terribleness that they've been since their founding. They go through brief patches of awesome, then their cheap ass owners bring it all crashing down. Late 1890s, early 1950s, late 70s/early 80s, one year in the 1990s, then the mid 2000s. That's the entirety of good Phillies baseball. No wonder my wife always ask why I still follow them. Of course, she's a Red Sox fan...

Old
08-02-2013, 11:41 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The thing that sucks is the Phils aren't cheap now, but they're giving the big deals to the wrong people

08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
one of their owners (either Montgomerey or Giles) in the 90's was quoted to saying the reason they didnt spend money was because they were a small market team. i wasnt disputing anything, I was just saying that the reason they gave for not spending was completely illogical.

Old
08-02-2013, 12:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
90s and early 00s?!?! Try late 80s too. The Phillies have been a poorly run team my entire life outside of the late 70s/up to say 1983, then Pat Gillick's tenure (although he made some clunker decisions too, in general much better) up until Ruben Amaro got hired. So we're looking at 8-9 years of the past almost 36?

This is without getting in to the terribleness that they've been since their founding. They go through brief patches of awesome, then their cheap ass owners bring it all crashing down. Late 1890s, early 1950s, late 70s/early 80s, one year in the 1990s, then the mid 2000s. That's the entirety of good Phillies baseball. No wonder my wife always ask why I still follow them. Of course, she's a Red Sox fan...
I wasn't saying they were run well prior to those dates, but the original post was talking about 90s-00s, so I responded in kind. They've been pretty miserable for their entire existence with the exception of a couple "golden eras" of mild success.

Old
08-02-2013, 12:59 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
one of their owners (either Montgomerey or Giles) in the 90's was quoted to saying the reason they didnt spend money was because they were a small market team. i wasnt disputing anything, I was just saying that the reason they gave for not spending was completely illogical.
Oh ok, my bad then. Yeah, the late 90's Phillies were ridiculous in that sense. And as others have said, that's been the norm for how the team has operated for most of their existence. I love the team, and part of me enjoyed that era because of the hope of the future (who hated ten dollar tickets?), but they've been plagued by cheap/bad ownership/managment seemingly forever. Some of it gets masked by the fact that they've been able to squeeze in a 2-3 year competitive window every ten years or so.

Closed Thread