HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi shoots to make the Canadiens

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2013, 09:22 PM
  #26
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,300
vCash: 50
Wasn't a big fan of this pick at the time, especially due to needing to trade up to get him, but his year to year progression can make anyone jump on the bandwagon.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:07 PM
  #27
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
The next captain of the Montreal Canadiens, ladies & gentlemen. Book it criss.
He's got some viable candidates ahead of him but I think he's got definite captain material. He's going to be such a huge boost to our D corps in the years to come.

I thought he had a few iffy moments in the playoffs but I saw a lot of good too. I think he can definitely build off that.

I'd like to see him in Hamilton a bit longer if only to possibly get some more offense out of him (maybe Hamrlik type points) but I've got a feeling he's done in Hamilton. I'd be happy with either scenario.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:14 PM
  #28
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Tinordi's essential for next season. He's the only bit of toughness and grit along with Subban, until Emelin comes back at least.
Just cuz he's tall doesn't mean hes a tough guy. His size is not completely proportional to his height (aka, hes skinny).

Subban, Markov, and Gorges are an automatic lock for next year. If Emelin is healthy before the season starts then hes also a lock. One of our 2 spots will likely go to Bouillon for his veteranship and toughness (hes tougher than Tinordi IMO), and the other spot will either go to Diaz or Tinordi...

So Tinordi is cutting it to be the 6th d-man... Beaulieu could also snatch that spot if he does well in AHL as well...

Best thing to do right now is trade diaz since his value is pretty good, and lock tinordi a spot with beaulieu being the 7th alternate (for injuries and such)

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
  #29
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Just cuz he's tall doesn't mean hes a tough guy. His size is not completely proportional to his height (aka, hes skinny).

Subban, Markov, and Gorges are an automatic lock for next year. If Emelin is healthy before the season starts then hes also a lock. One of our 2 spots will likely go to Bouillon for his veteranship and toughness (hes tougher than Tinordi IMO), and the other spot will either go to Diaz or Tinordi...

So Tinordi is cutting it to be the 6th d-man... Beaulieu could also snatch that spot if he does well in AHL as well...

Best thing to do right now is trade diaz since his value is pretty good, and lock tinordi a spot with beaulieu being the 7th alternate (for injuries and such)
I don't understand this part of your post. Are you saying that if Emelin isn't healthy before the season starts, he's not a lock? Because even if he's not there to play the first game, he's a lock to complete our top 4 when he comes back. Because I don't think you're gonna read this for the first time but Emelin isn't going to be healthy until November. Maybe even December.

Welcome btw man.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:21 AM
  #30
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
You should save the sexting for your cell phone........

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 02:20 AM
  #31
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I respect your opinion and I'd like that he plays well enough to bump Bouillon off a roster spot. However, from my point of view, it was especially in the playoffs where he looked not ready at all for the big show. Anyway, with all the 4-5-6 D's we have, I'd rather he play on the first pairing in Hamilton with some call ups during the year than getting 10-15 minutes a night. This guy needs to play fearless with the puck so he built confidence and playing 20-25+ minutes in the AHL will help.
I wouldn't be mad at all if that happened. He will take as long as you say (3-4 years) to truly blossom. If he does stay however, I think hell prove to already be a second pairing Dman by seasons end. I concede that though I feel this way, I know i could easily be wrong.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 07:41 AM
  #32
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,219
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Bennett will never be in the Habs top 6
I'm guessing you've seen him play a grand total of 0 times.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 07:45 AM
  #33
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Really hoping he starts in Hamilton, but I don't see it possible with Emelin out. It would be great to let him and NB play top pairing minutes to start the season and move Tinordi up full time during the season

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
  #34
voiceofytown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's. I'm still of the opinion that when Jarred has a few yrs. exp. in the NHL, he will have an offensive side and become an all-round force for the Habs. Tinordi and Subban would make a great 1st pairing, if Beaulieu keeps improving at the rate he was last year the Top Four could be;

1st pairing - Tinordi LD & Subban RD
2nd pairing - Emelin LD & Beaulieu RD
3rd pairing - Bennett LD & Pateryn RD
extra's - Didier, Deitz, Diaz, Ellis, Gorges and Thrower - That's a pretty deep defence or an elite dman & forward in trades, looking good for our team in a couple of seasons.

Far from elite.

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 08:26 AM
  #35
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 500
Tinordi is the D version of McCarron. Montreal took him mid-20s in the 1st round out of the US program and he was seen as big and raw. Many questioned his upside.

Then he went to London to hone his game on a Mem Cup team, spent a year in Hamilton and has most people as believers right now.

Don't think for a second the Habs' brass don't have identical visions for MM.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 08:47 AM
  #36
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
He's got some viable candidates ahead of him but I think he's got definite captain material. He's going to be such a huge boost to our D corps in the years to come.

I thought he had a few iffy moments in the playoffs but I saw a lot of good too. I think he can definitely build off that.

I'd like to see him in Hamilton a bit longer if only to possibly get some more offense out of him (maybe Hamrlik type points) but I've got a feeling he's done in Hamilton. I'd be happy with either scenario.
Indeed. He was the Captain of the U.S. U18 National team, with the London Knights and even was an Alternate Captain with the Hamilton Bulldogs at the age of 20. Not bad.

He had a few iffy moments but he was still better than Beaulieu IMO. He showed he was more ready than him.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
  #37
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You should save the sexting for your cell phone........
You're not aware

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 09:25 AM
  #38
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You should save the sexting for your cell phone........
I think Tinordi looks really solid and thick in those pictures, I'm sure his progress is going well. As long as he doesn't loosen up his diet and regiment, he can stay tight and thick for the entire off-season going into training camp - after that who knows what'll happen? He can make the team straight up but it'll really depend on his physical condition of course, a player with such little experience should just keep it simple and rely on their physicality and bundles of energy to make a good, lasting impression. So if he really comes up huge, plays solid and keeps his body tight and thick and keeps his stick on the ice he can give Therrien a thing or two to think about.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
  #39
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,837
vCash: 500
If he's not ready or gets hurt early, we are in serious trouble on the backend. Even with him, we still need more size and shutdown capabilities back there. Hopefully things go right for us like they did last year.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #40
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I think Tinordi looks really solid and thick in those pictures, I'm sure his progress is going well. As long as he doesn't loosen up his diet and regiment, he can stay tight and thick for the entire off-season going into training camp - after that who knows what'll happen? He can make the team straight up but it'll really depend on his physical condition of course, a player with such little experience should just keep it simple and rely on their physicality and bundles of energy to make a good, lasting impression. So if he really comes up huge, plays solid and keeps his body tight and thick and keeps his stick on the ice he can give Therrien a thing or two to think about.
Lol'd hard.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 05:08 PM
  #41
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
I just wish we could see Bouillon/Drewiskie show the whole wide world that even though everyone has given up on them that they still can be a top 2 duo.






Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Lol'd hard.

I second that.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 07:16 PM
  #42
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
The next captain of the Montreal Canadiens, ladies & gentlemen. Book it criss.
doubt hes the next one but deff the future one if he stays with the team.

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:46 AM
  #43
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
doubt hes the next one but deff the future one if he stays with the team.
I'd agree with this. He was a great leader in London ( and everywhere else he's been)
I hope he gets Into the Habs lineup full time early this year. Time to play with the big boys. Even if there is still a bit of a learning curve. Even in a 5-6 spot with PK duties.
Have him practicing with NHLers and playing some minutes and he should continue to progress. I think
Tinner will have a letter on his jersey in 3 years. And a C in the future

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:57 AM
  #44
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Barring a terrible camp, Tinordi's on the roster to start the year...probably paired with Diaz to start, with hopefully some shifts with Subban...
Some shorthanded shifts... he's perhaps a third-pairing D-man at even-strength but he's not going to get PP time just yet.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 12:24 PM
  #45
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,119
vCash: 500
He had a big hit on Grabovski, but the only video for it is from the Eller goal they scored a few seconds later.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 08:59 PM
  #46
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm guessing you've seen him play a grand total of 0 times.
Seen him play several times and he is a dime a dozen. Smallish D, soft as butter who can skate. The two D from Saskatoon will both patrol the blue line before Bennett does.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:54 AM
  #47
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
yeah....in 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong, Tinordi is a solid prospect but he definitely was terrible at adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He had a huge gap between him and the opposite forward and even his long reach couldn't bail him out. A guy like him will probably become a steady and safe D in the NHL after 3 full seasons.

Like I said, has the physique and the skating ability to control the pace in his own zone and I think he will be a tremendous player. But I'd also lower my expectations of him for next year...
May I remind you that Chara struggled a bit also in his first few years. To the point where Ottawa stupidly let him go.

I'm not comparing Tiny to Chara, but pointing out that Big D with attitude is a very tough position in the NHL, and it takes some time.

I love this guy, and I think he's going to be a beast.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:06 AM
  #48
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's.
That's going a bit far. Big bird broke the boards at the spectrum hitting Dornhoefer or Barber I think, in his 2nd year. He changed that series.

And his offensive skill was off the map.

If Tiny can be just half of that, I'll be happy.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:18 AM
  #49
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
May I remind you that Chara struggled a bit also in his first few years. To the point where Ottawa stupidly let him go.

I'm not comparing Tiny to Chara, but pointing out that Big D with attitude is a very tough position in the NHL, and it takes some time.

I love this guy, and I think he's going to be a beast.
Yup. Pronger too.

Tiny's going to be a huge part of our future even if he won't be quite as mean as those 2. He's pretty much the only lock I see amongst our prospects.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 10:54 AM
  #50
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I'd agree with this. He was a great leader in London ( and everywhere else he's been)
I hope he gets Into the Habs lineup full time early this year. Time to play with the big boys. Even if there is still a bit of a learning curve. Even in a 5-6 spot with PK duties.
Have him practicing with NHLers and playing some minutes and he should continue to progress. I think
Tinner will have a letter on his jersey in 3 years. And a C in the future.
Over Subban?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.