HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc-Andre Fleury to see Sports Psychologist

Old
07-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
What? I'm well aware that Fleury is a big reason behind our playoff failures from 2010-2012. But he's not even close to the reason we lost this year. He didn't even play. And again, how has Fleury aided the Blackhawks anymore than say Montreal, or Tampa or any team that he actually helped move forward in the playoffs?

There's no connection there. Sorry.
well without Fleury we'd have just won our 5th consecutive Cup silly so there wouldn't have been a chance for Chicago to win one

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:49 PM
cassius

Okay. Once logic re-enters this discussion, let me know. Until then, I'm out.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Okay. Once logic re-enters this discussion, let me know. Until then, I'm out.
you may have lost your mind. seriously, Fleury didn't even play against Boston and you are blaming him for Chicago winning the Cup. Oh, and Chicago is as talented as we are or at least damn close. We have the top end, but they have the depth.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
you may have lost your mind. seriously, Fleury didn't even play against Boston and you are blaming him for Chicago winning the Cup. Oh, and Chicago is as talented as we are or at least damn close.
No.. I'm simply stating the fact that Fleury is a major reason why we have undeperformed relative to the Chicago's and Bostons. Chicago, in it's current form, has legit dynasty potential even though they have a less talented roster than the Pens.

Can you really say this team has dynasty potential with a headcase like Fleury between the pipes? I wish I could, trust me.. but logic tells me to think otherwise. He's a hell of an achilles heel that other teams do not have.

The goal is to win cups here. You guys are so far down in the weeds that you fail to see the high level.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
What? I'm well aware that Fleury is a big reason behind our playoff failures from 2010-2012. But he's not even close to the reason we lost this year. He didn't even play. And again, how has Fleury aided the Blackhawks anymore than say Montreal, or Tampa or any team that he actually helped move forward in the playoffs?

There's no connection there. Sorry.
fleury is eating up a significant portion of this teams salary cap.

that a five million dollar handicap that the penguins are operating with.

even if hes sitting on the bench, hes hurting this team.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
No.. I'm simply stating the fact that Fleury is a major reason why we have undeperformed relative to the Chicago's and Bostons. Chicago, in it's current form, has legit dynasty potential even though they have a less talented roster than the Pens.

Can you really say this team has dynasty potential with a headcase like Fleury between the pipes? I wish I could, trust me.. but logic tells me to think otherwise. He's a hell of an achilles heel that other teams do not have.

The goal is to win cups here.
I want Fleury gone too. But blaming him for Chicago's "dynasty" is ridiculous. They won two Cups. That's not a dynasty. Oh, and they are as talented as we are. They are a really freaking good hockey team.

And we have not underperformed compared to Boston. In fact, we are exactly even with Boston with a Cup and a finals loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
fleury is eating up a significant portion of this teams salary cap.

that a five million dollar handicap that the penguins are operating with.

Not to the extent that he is winning stanley cups for teams in the other freaking conference. and its not like we can dump him for a 5M dollar forward or something. We'd still need two goalies.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:

The goal is to win cups here. You guys are so far down in the weeds that you fail to see the high level.
So now it's gone from already being a legit dynasty to legit dynasty potential. Interesting. And again they don't have less talent than us.

We aren't failing to see the high level, you're trying to blame Fleury for the Hawks winning the Cup, and that's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
Maybe. But he sure as hell isn't helping Chicago.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:09 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
you may have lost your mind. seriously, Fleury didn't even play against Boston and you are blaming him for Chicago winning the Cup. Oh, and Chicago is as talented as we are or at least damn close. We have the top end, but they have the depth.
And the coaching, and the team leadership, and the determination, and the team composure, and the... you get the points.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
And the coaching, and the team leadership, and the determination, and the team composure, and the... you get the points.

Yeah... thanks to this guy.

And the Pens were plenty determined, it's not like they didn't try to score. They tried. They just couldn't.

I just don't buy into this belief that the Blackhawks are this pillar of greatness. They had back to back first round exits before this year and were on the brink of elimination in the second round. But they have an extremely talented team and a coach that was willing to make the proper adjustments so they pushed through.

They're a great team and I respect what they've done, but it's not like they're this dynasty without imperfection.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

Personally, I do not see the Pens as legit contenders with Bylsma as a coach. Fleury has one more year at $5 million. Once the Pens resigned Bylsma I cared a lot less about what Fleury was going to do this coming year.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:

Yeah... thanks to this guy.

And the Pens were plenty determined, it's not like they didn't try to score. They tried. They just couldn't.

I just don't buy into this belief that the Blackhawks are this pillar of greatness. They had back to back first round exits before this year and were on the brink of elimination in the second round. But they have an extremely talented team and a coach that was willing to make the proper adjustments so they pushed through.

They're a great team and I respect what they've done, but it's not like they're this dynasty without imperfection.
The exact opposite is why we looked like a joke against Boston and almost got bounced by the Isles in the first round!

Old
07-31-2013, 08:07 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Personally, I do not see the Pens as legit contenders with Bylsma as a coach. Fleury has one more year at $5 million. Once the Pens resigned Bylsma I cared a lot less about what Fleury was going to do this coming year.
Welcome to my way of thinking about 3-4 years ago...

Old
07-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Welcome to my way of thinking about 3-4 years ago...
4 years ago they won a cup with Bylsma.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
4 years ago they won a cup with Bylsma.
Sorry, I should have said "playoff years" Boston, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Montreal...

Old
08-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens17 View Post
Perhaps so and for good measure, a visit with Dr. Ruth could not hurt his game.
That's his wife's department. Maybe he's getting laid too much... like a fighter who gets laid while training... the legs go soff.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 08-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:04 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
@MouseRat_Fan

Quote:

sure, in the same sense that we didn't win the cup because Craig Adams isn't Wayne Gretzky

Vokoun played great in the Boston series. Having Fleury in there, even at the top of his game would not have won that series. I can't even begin to understand your logic. Rask put up record numbers. Defense/Goaltending was not an issue

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 02:41 PM
sf expat71

Wait, is there a discussion about Hossa vs. Neal in the MAF head case thread? Because goals? What the heck is going on here? Hossa is far superior to Neal, hope the shrink can help our goalie "who will be winning games with us," end of discussion.

sf expat71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf expat71 View Post
Wait, is there a discussion about Hossa vs. Neal in the MAF head case thread? Because goals? What the heck is going on here? Hossa is far superior to Neal, hope the shrink can help our goalie "who will be winning games with us," end of discussion.
Yeah I don't know how this is happening but I should probably move it out of the Fleury thread.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
SundanceKid

Why are you guys talking about chicago players on a thread about fleury seeing a sports psychologist?

On topic:
Any help Fleury can get is welcomed by me. We had to go out and get an argubly starter goalie to play backup for Fleury, not to mention bail him out during the playoffs. I think both Fleury and Dan B. are under Shero/Mario's microscope. I heard sports psychologists don't actually work but even if there is a small chance it's worth it.

SundanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Fire Shero*

Haha how did a fleury thread turn into a sharp Hossa thread?

The season needs to start

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I think we have talked the FLeury situation to death.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

**** got too real for MAF's psyche so I had to delete that last Hawks vs. Pens stream-of-consciousness debate, including my prior comment. At least in my original comment I mentioned MAF twice.

THIS IS ABOUT THE MIND OF MARC. Now.... meld, understand, and comprehend "our #1 guy" MAF!

(Brotha's got blue lightnin' rays 'n' **** coming out of him!)

Old
08-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Old
08-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

[shrink]Now Marc Andre... I want you to tell me what was going through your mind at this moment...[/shrink]

Old
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
[shrink]Now Marc Andre... I want you to tell me what was going through your mind at this moment...[/shrink]

So pathetic

A goalie should never be in that position there.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote