HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do Habs fans think that Bergevin is going to ice this roster ?

Old
08-02-2013, 11:21 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Do Habs fans think that Bergevin is going to ice this roster ?

I would like to add a poll to this but am not allowed. ( better frozenice ? )

What do you think ? Is he really satisfied with this roster or will he a pull another trade before the season starts ?

I have troubles believing that Briere and the Greek are his only moves. Sounds almost Gaineyesque.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 08-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:23 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

I hope not...

BigDaddyLurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:30 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
I hope not...
This

It's would be really sad if this is our starting lineup

Are RW are 5'9, 5,7, 5'10 in a division with nothing but big Dmen playing LD.

With Emelin out, and even with Tinordi starting in the NHL, well also have one of the smallest Dcores in the league

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:33 AM
29dryden29

If we ice this roster then I really have to question MBs where with all on building a winner.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Pricenyuk
Transition Year Baby

vCash: 310
Sadly... yes. Bergevin has been trying to get a deal done for the past 2 months and everything has fallen through. The asking prices are just too high because other teams are aware of what we need, and are jacking up the prices.

The sad line up you see right now, will most likely be the one you see on opening night.

It's going to be a long season.

Pricenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
I would like to add a pole to this but am not aloud.

What do you think ? Is he really satisfied with this roster or will he a pull another trade before the season starts ?

I have troubles believing that Briere and the Greek are his only moves. Sounds almost Gaineyesque.
You have the right words but the spelling should be different.

Pole should be poll and aloud should be allowed.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

It's somewhat unlikely that at this point, he'll be able to add substantial pieces to the puzzle. I think that if a trade had to be done, it would have been done by now.

Ultimately, Briere will take over the RW spot left open by Ryder's departure. It looks like there won't be much competition for the 4th line center position as White seems to have filled the hole left by Jeff Halpern, while Dumont will be the other option. Colby Armstrong has been replaced by George Parros. Tinordi will likely start the season in Montreal, at least until Emelin is ready to come back.

If Bergevin was to sign Morrow, he'd have to make room for him and I'm suspecting that Travis Moen would be traded for a pick or prospect.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Hank Scorpio

I do not believe Bergevin is satisfied with the roster, he admitted to trying to make moves, but the fact that he also came out saying that prices were too high on players and to be patient suggests that, given the circumstances, he is willing to start the season like this. So, yes, I expect that this will be the roster we ice unless someone surprises us at camp.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:46 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's somewhat unlikely that at this point, he'll be able to add substantial pieces to the puzzle. I think that if a trade had to be done, it would have been done by now.

Ultimately, Briere will take over the RW spot left open by Ryder's departure. It looks like there won't be much competition for the 4th line center position as White seems to have filled the hole left by Jeff Halpern, while Dumont will be the other option. Colby Armstrong has been replaced by George Parros. Tinordi will likely start the season in Montreal, at least until Emelin is ready to come back.

If Bergevin was to sign Morrow, he'd have to make room for him and I'm suspecting that Travis Moen would be traded for a pick or prospect.
Thing is morrow isn't signing here to play the 4th line, unless he moves one of the top9 forwards, we have no room for Morrrow

Old
08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
CP31

How dare he ice almost the same team that won the division! How dare he!

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Thing is morrow isn't signing here to play the 4th line, unless he moves one of the top9 forwards, we have no room for Morrrow
At this point in his career, Morrow is not a Top 6 forward. He can fill in when needed, but that's about it. The way Therrien rotates his lines, everyone gets a minimum of 10 minutes a game and I can see a rotation of ice time on left wing where Prust, Morrow and even Bourque (when he takes a night off) being rotated on the Top 9. I don't see that as a stumbling block as that's how Moen would be used as well.

EDIT: You would see guys like Morrow and Prust killing penalties for extra ice time while Bourque and Pacioretty would be used on the PP. At least that's how I see it developing.

Old
08-02-2013, 11:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
You have the right words but the spelling should be different.

Pole should be poll and aloud should be allowed.
Thank you everyone for the responses, and sorry for my english professor.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Dagistitsyn

I could see Brolieu getting dealt to Philly still.

Simmonds

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
At this point in his career, Morrow is not a Top 6 forward. He can fill in when needed, but that's about it. The way Therrien rotates his lines, everyone gets a minimum of 10 minutes a game and I can see a rotation of ice time on left wing where Prust, Morrow and even Bourque (when he takes a night off) being rotated on the Top 9. I don't see that as a stumbling block as that's how Moen would be used as well.

EDIT: You would see guys like Morrow and Prust killing penalties for extra ice time while Bourque and Pacioretty would be used on the PP. At least that's how I see it developing.
Morrow not a top line forward anymore?

he had 12 goals and 25 points in 44 games last year, that would be just under 50 points and around 23 goals and he isn't a top 9 forward?

Btw Morrow doesn't play on the pk.

Old
08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
This is a roster that put together a dominant performance last season that none of us expected but we did not exactly go out on a high note. A lot was exposed down the stretch and none of that was really addressed. I think a lot of people would've liked to gain a little certainty and see a move or two to improve the team but it looks like we're coming out of this off season no better or worse then we were before.

That being said, if the past two seasons have taught me anything it's that I shouldn't expect anything from this roster as is. I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Burke the Legend

Habs were a team built on offensive depth, and basically lost a top line 2 games into playoffs (Patches-Eller-Gionta). Unfortunate but that hurts bigtime.

Burke the Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
WhiskeySeven
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
Sadly... yes. Bergevin has been trying to get a deal done for the past 2 months and everything has fallen through. The asking prices are just too high because other teams are aware of what we need, and are jacking up the prices.

The sad line up you see right now, will most likely be the one you see on opening night.

It's going to be a long season.
Trying to get a deal done but constantly failing. Bouillon on defense playing a major role. Small, weak team with a mediocre-at-best coach.

Literally nothing different since Gainey. Bergevin is just a clone.

And yes, we're going into the season with Drewiskie and Boullion on the bottom pairing. Attaboy Bergevin fanboys, "next year's our year!"

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
We fell into winning the division in a lockout shortened season because as bad as we were, the bruins were worse ( and that took a whole lot of doing). the difference is we kept sucking in the playoffs and the bruins actually turned it around.

I remember when the Briere deal went down, I was very much opposed to it because we were getting smaller rather than bigger. Pretty much every single poster who favored the deal, said that this is just the first move and trust them, we were going to get bigger and we were not going to ice a team of midgets.

The addition of Parros helped stem the tides, a little but my intial concerns seems to have been realized, we are going into next year undersized up front and placing ALL of our side on the rear end on Tinordi which is a hell of a lot pressure on a guy who does not yet have a a full season under his belt. Emelin is looking to come back sometime around christmas and if tinordi cracks or gets injured, we are in for a really, really long season.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

If no changes are made before the start of the season, I fear the MB will overpay (panic button) when our ***** will get kicked againts some bigger teams.
Yes we will be able to win games, but some 6-0 losses are most likely to happen again in a 82 games schedules, where we might get tired easily.

I cross my fingers he fix our defensive top 6. I hate it. Horrible. To much pylons. To much lefties. To much no. 6 defenseman. shaaaaame

But I like our offensive dept. Yes we are small, but I'd rather have a bigger defensive core instead of an offensive core, so we can use our skills and speed to win a lot of regular games (we'll see about playoffs).
Still need to get ride of a few players but I'm confident with our offensive top 12. Remember, we had the 4th better offense in the league last season. Nothing to be ashamed of... And guys like Desharnais & Gionta can only do better. I hope.

I do expect some moves. No clue when.

Last edited by FrontierPsyCHiatrist*: 08-02-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Grammar
FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Morrow not a top line forward anymore?

he had 12 goals and 25 points in 44 games last year, that would be just under 50 points and around 23 goals and he isn't a top 9 forward?

Btw Morrow doesn't play on the pk.
He has 11 points in 29 games in Dallas, then finished the season with 14 points in 15 games on an offensively stacked team in Pittsburgh. With his style of play, he's not the player he used to be.

While he wasn't killing many penalties in his last two years in Dallas, he was in prior to that. Either way, there's a definite way to make it happen if Moen isn't there.

Old
08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
He has 11 points in 29 games in Dallas, then finished the season with 14 points in 15 games on an offensively stacked team in Pittsburgh. With his style of play, he's not the player he used to be.

While he wasn't killing many penalties in his last two years in Dallas, he was in prior to that. Either way, there's a definite way to make it happen if Moen isn't there.
He still shows he is capable of playing in a top 9 role, so why he, or eve mangement even bother spend the money that is needed to sign him to play the 4th line?

Old
08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Sadly yes, Ive been saying this for 2 months here and people wrote "I didnt know the season started tomorrow"
Lol.

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
He still shows he is capable of playing in a top 9 role, so why he, or eve mangement even bother spend the money that is needed to sign him to play the 4th line?
Per other thread, you very much do sign him to play a "top-9" role. (Although I don't like top-6/top-9/whatever classification schemes... too limiting... too stereotypical... the 4th line doesn't have to be a mixed bag of goons, rookies, and square pegs).

If he isn't physically capable of holding that much ice time, well, that'll show itself. If he is, great, we need a gritty physical player who can chip in on whichever line you want to call 1st/2nd/3rd. Somebody else will then have to play harder to match him and try to get the icetime back. It's win-win.

But anyway, I feel like the ship has sailed and yes, this lineup we see today is basically what we'll have to start the season. There are a lot of leftover UFAs, though, who will be seeking tryouts, and we may have one or two of those in camp in September, then we'll just see what circumstances arise (how well they play, whether we get any camp injuries) as to whether we end up signing one in Campolian/Bergeronian fashion.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
elsubz

He lucked out last year with BGally having a calder worthy season and AGally being able to keep up numbers in the NHL. He really hasn't made any moves to really improve our roster.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Bodacious

With Vanek already paving his way out of Buffalo, he is the one player who could completely revamp the Hab's offence. The price may be high, but given the situation not as high as one might suspect. Sheer speculation of course. but isn't this what this board is for?

Bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote