HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent FRENZY! Part IV Trade and proposals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2013, 08:28 PM
  #626
Diatomic
Naz is a bad bad boy
 
Diatomic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 500
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+

Diatomic is online now  
Old
08-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  #627
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+
I think its pretty great for Nonis and negotiating with Phanuef, similar level of player accepting less in the new cba

also Clifford back to the Kings for two years

pspot is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
  #628
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
So your opinion is that we might have beat the best in the east, but we dont even have a chance at being 2nd best in the east?

Are you arguing with me or yourself?
only a delusional person would consider the Leafs # 2 in the east, now LISTEN CAREFULLY.......a Leaf team that played great ALMOST beat a Boston team that didn't play very good at all. Whether or not Boston is the best in the east IS debatable, but the Leafs are nowhere near being 2nd. If YOU think the Leafs are even close to being # 2 in the east, then there's no sense in further discussions on the matter. As much as I'd like the Leafs to be a great team, logic says there a long way away from being a cup contender.

rumman is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 08:48 PM
  #629
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I think its pretty great for Nonis and negotiating with Phanuef, similar level of player accepting less in the new cba

also Clifford back to the Kings for two years
Where did you hear the Clifford signing??

showtime8 is online now  
Old
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM
  #630
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+
realistic deal for Bouwmeester, hopefully Nonis uses this as a comparable if he's interested in resigning Phaneuf.

rumman is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 12:44 AM
  #631
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider
 
L Corncrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Funk
Country: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
realistic deal for Bouwmeester, hopefully Nonis uses this as a comparable if he's interested in resigning Phaneuf.
I don't see any way that Dion takes a pay cut. He was initially overpaid on his current deal but the value that he brings - offensively, defensively and otherwise - is greater than what Jay does.

L Corncrick is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 02:19 AM
  #632
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 500
I believe Dion will want $7m.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 04:08 AM
  #633
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
only a delusional person would consider the Leafs # 2 in the east, now LISTEN CAREFULLY.......a Leaf team that played great ALMOST beat a Boston team that didn't play very good at all. Whether or not Boston is the best in the east IS debatable, but the Leafs are nowhere near being 2nd. If YOU think the Leafs are even close to being # 2 in the east, then there's no sense in further discussions on the matter. As much as I'd like the Leafs to be a great team, logic says there a long way away from being a cup contender.
Maybe Boston didn't play great because they couldn't match the leafs speed. That pretty much throws off your whole argument.

Btw, using caps lock doesn't prove leafs are not one of the top teams in the east. If you could state why the leafs aren't a top team using facts, that would make your argument more logical than just calling people delusional and using caps.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 06:06 AM
  #634
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+
Dion brings more to the table then Jaybo. And the cap is going up.

Hes going to get more money. Term might bring the cap hit down though

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 06:45 AM
  #635
tony135420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Maybe Boston didn't play great because they couldn't match the leafs speed. That pretty much throws off your whole argument.

Btw, using caps lock doesn't prove leafs are not one of the top teams in the east. If you could state why the leafs aren't a top team using facts, that would make your argument more logical than just calling people delusional and using caps.
This discussion is funny. You're talking about two teams in very different places, organizationally speaking. Boston is an experienced, playoff hardened team and without a doubt a solid top 5 team in the conference. Toronto is in a transition phase, what they need is experience. Calling them a #2 team is pretty short sighted considering the small sample size from last year. Should they prove this year they can keep with the big boys, then this #2 team talk might carry weight, but for now, I'm reserving judgement.

tony135420 is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 06:47 AM
  #636
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+
Leafs need to overpay to keep their players. When was the last time a player took a significant discount to play here

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
  #637
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Leafs need to overpay to keep their players. When was the last time a player took a significant discount to play here
Not necessarily a big name, but Jay McClement?

Lupul might have got more on the open UFA market.

Deebo is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
  #638
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Maybe Boston didn't play great because they couldn't match the leafs speed. That pretty much throws off your whole argument.
:laugh :

rumman is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 08:33 AM
  #639
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,049
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Leafs need to overpay to keep their players. When was the last time a player took a significant discount to play here
David Clarkson left money on the table.

tp71 is online now  
Old
08-02-2013, 08:34 AM
  #640
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,049
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
:laugh :
Solid rebuttal.

tp71 is online now  
Old
08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
  #641
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
I think Dion would take the exact same contract again and he will get it. 5 years $6.5 per is my guess

Kessel will get 8 years $7-7.5 per

Bolland I could see getting 3-4 years around 3-3.5 per

Kulemin I think will be a tough negotiation but he will probably get 4-5 years around 3.5 per

Rockinz is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
  #642
CmonLeafs
Registered User
 
CmonLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
:laugh :
It was pretty clear that Boston was struggling to deal with our speed.

CmonLeafs is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 10:27 AM
  #643
HeroNtF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
I think Dion would take the exact same contract again and he will get it. 5 years $6.5 per is my guess

Kessel will get 8 years $7-7.5 per

Bolland I could see getting 3-4 years around 3-3.5 per

Kulemin I think will be a tough negotiation but he will probably get 4-5 years around 3.5 per

Thats 7 mill on 2 third line players. I think kulemin goes at deadline, have cheaper options in the marlies. I like kulie, but its also a balancing act with cap, kessel and phanuef gardiner come first.

HeroNtF is online now  
Old
08-02-2013, 10:37 AM
  #644
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,689
vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
only a delusional person would consider the Leafs # 2 in the east, now LISTEN CAREFULLY.......a Leaf team that played great ALMOST beat a Boston team that didn't play very good at all. Whether or not Boston is the best in the east IS debatable, but the Leafs are nowhere near being 2nd. If YOU think the Leafs are even close to being # 2 in the east, then there's no sense in further discussions on the matter. As much as I'd like the Leafs to be a great team, logic says there a long way away from being a cup contender.
And that concludes our lesson on logical fallacies for today. See you tomorrow, everyone!

Kyle Doobas* is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 11:38 AM
  #645
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 500
What I'd realistically like to see for next years contracts.

Kessel at 7-7.5
Phaneuf at 6
Gards at 3.5-4 longterm
McClement at 1.75
Bolland at 3 or traded at deadline
Kulemin at 3 or traded at deadline

FishManSam is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 11:41 AM
  #646
FriedEgg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroNtF View Post
Thats 7 mill on 2 third line players. I think kulemin goes at deadline, have cheaper options in the marlies. I like kulie, but its also a balancing act with cap, kessel and phanuef gardiner come first.
I agree re: kulemin. I like him On that 3rd line, but that is a heavy tag for what he brings. Gonna have to start seeing some of these kids develop into the 3rd and 4th line roles. I wonder if the khl might be an option kulemin looks at for next year. I would rather get something for him at the deadline.

FriedEgg is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 02:37 PM
  #647
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
I believe Dion will want $7m.
i agree. he might even want more. i cant really get a sense with him if he is going to want to go for the jugular. it wouldnt shock me if he wanted $7.5 x 8 years. it really wouldnt. im prepared to $7 million x 5 or drop 1/2 million for every year added. he would be kind of scary though for 8 years at $6 million though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
What I'd realistically like to see for next years contracts.

Kessel at 7-7.5
Phaneuf at 6
Gards at 3.5-4 longterm
McClement at 1.75
Bolland at 3 or traded at deadline
Kulemin at 3 or traded at deadline
i think you might be disappointed.

i dont see kessel signing for a penny under $7.5, i think closer to $8 million is more likely.

i dont see phaneuf signing for under $7 million. i hope he does but i dont see it.

why would gards sign a contract like that. it really sells himself short. if he picks up where he left off in the playoffs he isnt going to want to sign a deal like that longterm. you might get him at $3.5 on a bridge deal.

you might get mclemment at $1.75 million but it will probably take term. i think we might be able to keep bolland as well but it is going to take term. if clarkson took term over money to play in his hometown then maybe mclemment and bolland will follow suit but it will take 5 years or better for each which is kind of scary especially with bollands injury issues.

i think kulemins days are numbered and it will be a huge shame. if clarkson got $5.2 million x 7 years i dont see how kulemin doesnt at least get $4 million which is a little steep for a guy playing on the 3rd line. i suspect the leafs will only be able to keep 2 of kulemin, bolland, and mclemment baring some amazing cap moves by nonis (which i dont see happening)

gabeliscious is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
  #648
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i agree. he might even want more. i cant really get a sense with him if he is going to want to go for the jugular. it wouldnt shock me if he wanted $7.5 x 8 years. it really wouldnt. im prepared to $7 million x 5 or drop 1/2 million for every year added. he would be kind of scary though for 8 years at $6 million though.



i think you might be disappointed.

i dont see kessel signing for a penny under $7.5, i think closer to $8 million is more likely.

i dont see phaneuf signing for under $7 million. i hope he does but i dont see it.

why would gards sign a contract like that. it really sells himself short. if he picks up where he left off in the playoffs he isnt going to want to sign a deal like that longterm. you might get him at $3.5 on a bridge deal.

you might get mclemment at $1.75 million but it will probably take term. i think we might be able to keep bolland as well but it is going to take term. if clarkson took term over money to play in his hometown then maybe mclemment and bolland will follow suit but it will take 5 years or better for each which is kind of scary especially with bollands injury issues.

i think kulemins days are numbered and it will be a huge shame. if clarkson got $5.2 million x 7 years i dont see how kulemin doesnt at least get $4 million which is a little steep for a guy playing on the 3rd line. i suspect the leafs will only be able to keep 2 of kulemin, bolland, and mclemment baring some amazing cap moves by nonis (which i dont see happening)
Agree with everything

jmart21 is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 03:20 PM
  #649
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
:laugh :
Couldn't think of an argument so you spammed smileys. Nice. You sure proved your point.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  #650
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,582
vCash: 72
I think Dion Phaneuf sucks and here's why;



Point proven.

Cor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.