HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent FRENZY! Part IV Trade and proposals

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Diatomic
Naz is a bad bad boy

vCash: 500
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

Don't know much Phaneuf wants but I certainly hop its not 7mil+

Old
08-01-2013, 08:39 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Jay Bouwmeester just signed for 27mil for 5 years with the blues, what a steal!!!

I think its pretty great for Nonis and negotiating with Phanuef, similar level of player accepting less in the new cba

also Clifford back to the Kings for two years

Old
08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
So your opinion is that we might have beat the best in the east, but we dont even have a chance at being 2nd best in the east?

Are you arguing with me or yourself?
only a delusional person would consider the Leafs # 2 in the east, now LISTEN CAREFULLY.......a Leaf team that played great ALMOST beat a Boston team that didn't play very good at all. Whether or not Boston is the best in the east IS debatable, but the Leafs are nowhere near being 2nd. If YOU think the Leafs are even close to being # 2 in the east, then there's no sense in further discussions on the matter. As much as I'd like the Leafs to be a great team, logic says there a long way away from being a cup contender.

Old
08-01-2013, 08:48 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I think its pretty great for Nonis and negotiating with Phanuef, similar level of player accepting less in the new cba

also Clifford back to the Kings for two years
Where did you hear the Clifford signing??

Old
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM
rumman

Quote:

realistic deal for Bouwmeester, hopefully Nonis uses this as a comparable if he's interested in resigning Phaneuf.

Old
08-02-2013, 12:44 AM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
realistic deal for Bouwmeester, hopefully Nonis uses this as a comparable if he's interested in resigning Phaneuf.
I don't see any way that Dion takes a pay cut. He was initially overpaid on his current deal but the value that he brings - offensively, defensively and otherwise - is greater than what Jay does.

Old
08-02-2013, 02:19 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

I believe Dion will want $7m.

Old
08-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
only a delusional person would consider the Leafs # 2 in the east, now LISTEN CAREFULLY.......a Leaf team that played great ALMOST beat a Boston team that didn't play very good at all. Whether or not Boston is the best in the east IS debatable, but the Leafs are nowhere near being 2nd. If YOU think the Leafs are even close to being # 2 in the east, then there's no sense in further discussions on the matter. As much as I'd like the Leafs to be a great team, logic says there a long way away from being a cup contender.
Maybe Boston didn't play great because they couldn't match the leafs speed. That pretty much throws off your whole argument.

Btw, using caps lock doesn't prove leafs are not one of the top teams in the east. If you could state why the leafs aren't a top team using facts, that would make your argument more logical than just calling people delusional and using caps.

Old
08-02-2013, 06:06 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:

Dion brings more to the table then Jaybo. And the cap is going up.

Hes going to get more money. Term might bring the cap hit down though

Old
08-02-2013, 06:45 AM
tony135420

Quote:
Maybe Boston didn't play great because they couldn't match the leafs speed. That pretty much throws off your whole argument.

Btw, using caps lock doesn't prove leafs are not one of the top teams in the east. If you could state why the leafs aren't a top team using facts, that would make your argument more logical than just calling people delusional and using caps.
This discussion is funny. You're talking about two teams in very different places, organizationally speaking. Boston is an experienced, playoff hardened team and without a doubt a solid top 5 team in the conference. Toronto is in a transition phase, what they need is experience. Calling them a #2 team is pretty short sighted considering the small sample size from last year. Should they prove this year they can keep with the big boys, then this #2 team talk might carry weight, but for now, I'm reserving judgement.

Old
08-02-2013, 06:47 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:

Leafs need to overpay to keep their players. When was the last time a player took a significant discount to play here

Old
08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Leafs need to overpay to keep their players. When was the last time a player took a significant discount to play here
Not necessarily a big name, but Jay McClement?

Lupul might have got more on the open UFA market.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
rumman

Quote:
:laugh :

Old
08-02-2013, 08:33 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
David Clarkson left money on the table.

Old
08-02-2013, 08:34 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Solid rebuttal.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

I think Dion would take the exact same contract again and he will get it. 5 years $6.5 per is my guess

Kessel will get 8 years $7-7.5 per

Bolland I could see getting 3-4 years around 3-3.5 per

Kulemin I think will be a tough negotiation but he will probably get 4-5 years around 3.5 per

Old
08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
CmonLeafs

Quote:
It was pretty clear that Boston was struggling to deal with our speed.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:27 AM
HeroNtF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
I think Dion would take the exact same contract again and he will get it. 5 years $6.5 per is my guess

Kessel will get 8 years $7-7.5 per

Bolland I could see getting 3-4 years around 3-3.5 per

Kulemin I think will be a tough negotiation but he will probably get 4-5 years around 3.5 per

Thats 7 mill on 2 third line players. I think kulemin goes at deadline, have cheaper options in the marlies. I like kulie, but its also a balancing act with cap, kessel and phanuef gardiner come first.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
And that concludes our lesson on logical fallacies for today. See you tomorrow, everyone!

Old
08-02-2013, 11:38 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

What I'd realistically like to see for next years contracts.

Kessel at 7-7.5
Phaneuf at 6
Gards at 3.5-4 longterm
McClement at 1.75
Bolland at 3 or traded at deadline
Kulemin at 3 or traded at deadline

Old
08-02-2013, 11:41 AM
FriedEgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroNtF View Post
Thats 7 mill on 2 third line players. I think kulemin goes at deadline, have cheaper options in the marlies. I like kulie, but its also a balancing act with cap, kessel and phanuef gardiner come first.
I agree re: kulemin. I like him On that 3rd line, but that is a heavy tag for what he brings. Gonna have to start seeing some of these kids develop into the 3rd and 4th line roles. I wonder if the khl might be an option kulemin looks at for next year. I would rather get something for him at the deadline.

Old
08-02-2013, 02:37 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
I believe Dion will want $7m.
i agree. he might even want more. i cant really get a sense with him if he is going to want to go for the jugular. it wouldnt shock me if he wanted $7.5 x 8 years. it really wouldnt. im prepared to $7 million x 5 or drop 1/2 million for every year added. he would be kind of scary though for 8 years at $6 million though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
What I'd realistically like to see for next years contracts.

Kessel at 7-7.5
Phaneuf at 6
Gards at 3.5-4 longterm
McClement at 1.75
Bolland at 3 or traded at deadline
Kulemin at 3 or traded at deadline
i think you might be disappointed.

i dont see kessel signing for a penny under $7.5, i think closer to $8 million is more likely.

i dont see phaneuf signing for under $7 million. i hope he does but i dont see it.

why would gards sign a contract like that. it really sells himself short. if he picks up where he left off in the playoffs he isnt going to want to sign a deal like that longterm. you might get him at $3.5 on a bridge deal.

you might get mclemment at $1.75 million but it will probably take term. i think we might be able to keep bolland as well but it is going to take term. if clarkson took term over money to play in his hometown then maybe mclemment and bolland will follow suit but it will take 5 years or better for each which is kind of scary especially with bollands injury issues.

i think kulemins days are numbered and it will be a huge shame. if clarkson got $5.2 million x 7 years i dont see how kulemin doesnt at least get $4 million which is a little steep for a guy playing on the 3rd line. i suspect the leafs will only be able to keep 2 of kulemin, bolland, and mclemment baring some amazing cap moves by nonis (which i dont see happening)

Old
08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i agree. he might even want more. i cant really get a sense with him if he is going to want to go for the jugular. it wouldnt shock me if he wanted $7.5 x 8 years. it really wouldnt. im prepared to $7 million x 5 or drop 1/2 million for every year added. he would be kind of scary though for 8 years at $6 million though.

i think you might be disappointed.

i dont see kessel signing for a penny under $7.5, i think closer to $8 million is more likely.

i dont see phaneuf signing for under $7 million. i hope he does but i dont see it.

why would gards sign a contract like that. it really sells himself short. if he picks up where he left off in the playoffs he isnt going to want to sign a deal like that longterm. you might get him at $3.5 on a bridge deal.

you might get mclemment at $1.75 million but it will probably take term. i think we might be able to keep bolland as well but it is going to take term. if clarkson took term over money to play in his hometown then maybe mclemment and bolland will follow suit but it will take 5 years or better for each which is kind of scary especially with bollands injury issues.

i think kulemins days are numbered and it will be a huge shame. if clarkson got $5.2 million x 7 years i dont see how kulemin doesnt at least get $4 million which is a little steep for a guy playing on the 3rd line. i suspect the leafs will only be able to keep 2 of kulemin, bolland, and mclemment baring some amazing cap moves by nonis (which i dont see happening)
Agree with everything

Old
08-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Couldn't think of an argument so you spammed smileys. Nice. You sure proved your point.

Old
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
I think Dion Phaneuf sucks and here's why;

Point proven.

Closed Thread