HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC's Souray trade rumour

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
OK first of all thats pretty much what I think happened, Bulis, and Zednik where never going to be resigned, in fact no offer was made to Bulis.
Why you are bringing up Bulis in the first case, he has nothing to do with any conversation or arguments in any capacity. Instead of inventing new arguments to win, why don't you focus on the one we were talking about.
What you sem to be forgetting is that Souray may make it clear to management that he does not intend on staying here when he is UFA. This was not the case with any of the players you mentioned,

OK lets face it, the chance of Souray being traded for Johnson is extremely slim if not impossible.

I for one would not be happy to loose a player of Souray's calibre for nothing. At the very least we should get a prospect and a roster player for Souray, especially with him being so hot so far this year.

Well I didnt say to trade Souray for a regular roster player or a draft pick.

Let's play a game, who said these comments? The more you post, the more you contradict yourself, at least theres the good old ignore list.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:26 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Its clear to me he has the wrong defintion or "renting."
Expressions aren't always meant to be taken literally. He's appealling to your common sense but obviously he's losing the battle.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:27 PM
shutehinside

1 : to be for rent
2 a : to obtain the possession and use of a place or article in exchange for rent b : to allow the possession and use of property in exchange for rent

By the defintion of rent, how is it therefore possible to obtain and exchange with ones self?

I understand what AH is saying, Im just saying that its wrong. Its not a question of interpretation or opinion, he merely said the wrong term and then back tracked and tried to make it right by making up a new, non exstant definition of the word. He could have just admitted it but he decided to attack my opinon and justify his and I called him on it, if you don't like it, well that's your problem.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:29 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Expressions aren't always meant to be taken literally. He's appealling to your common sense but obviously he's losing the battle.
He was talking about an expression... umm no. Read the post, he was defining the word, I merely tried to educate the misinformed boy. I get a Chris Nilan fan attacking my diction, ironic isn't it?

Old
11-04-2006, 02:33 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside
Their respective teams may have had every intention of resigning them, or tried unsuccessfully to trade them

Quote:
Bulis, and Zednik where never going to be resigned, in fact no offer was made to Bulis.
Why you are bringing up Bulis in the first case, he has nothing to do with any conversation or arguments in any capacity.
Instead of inventing new arguments to win, why don't you focus on the one we were talking about.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

TSN saying Pierre Gauthier was at Philadelphia's last game, we know they might be willing to dance.

But we don't need anything right now. And Flyers have nothing of interest.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
AH

Quote:
Its clear to me he has the wrong defintion or "renting."
It's clear to everyone that you have never heard the term 'renting your own players'.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:39 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
It's clear to everyone that you have never heard the term 'renting your own players'.
Wow, really wow. By your definition, Montreal is renting all their players.

Old
AH

Quote:

I understand what AH is saying, Im just saying that its wrong. Its not a question of interpretation or opinion, he merely said the wrong term and then back tracked and tried to make it right by making up a new, non exstant definition of the word. He could have just admitted it but he decided to attack my opinon and justify his and I called him on it, if you don't like it, well that's your problem.
I never back tracked from my original point. You may disagree with the use of the term, but it doesn't mean it's not commonly used in the media and elsewhere.

Old
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
He was talking about an expression... umm no. Read the post, he was defining the word, I merely tried to educate the misinformed boy. I get a Chris Nilan fan attacking my diction, ironic isn't it?
I never said anything about your diction I was merely questionning your understanding of simple concepts and your lack of common sense.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
What you sem to be forgetting is that Souray may make it clear to management that he does not intend on staying here when he is UFA. This was not the case with any of the players you mentioned,

OK lets face it, the chance of Souray being traded for Johnson is extremely slim if not impossible.

I for one would not be happy to loose a player of Souray's calibre for nothing. At the very least we should get a prospect and a roster player for Souray, especially with him being so hot so far this year.

Well I didnt say to trade Souray for a regular roster player or a draft pick.

Let's play a game, who said these comments? The more you post, the more you contradict yourself, at least theres the good old ignore list.
Learn to read. I said he MAY inform management that he doesn't intend on resigning, and in the eventuality I hope they trade him for some quality in return. I NEVER said for a roster player or a draft pick, you siad that. I said once again, for Jack Johnson.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:45 PM
AH

Quote:
Wow, really wow. By your definition, Montreal is renting all their players.
Just the pending UFAs. They are rentals up until they either get re-signed or get traded for something.

In the case of Souray I dont see either scenario happening. He is going to get Pavel Kubina type money somewhere and I dont see the cap room available for the team to sign Rivet, Markov, and him. I see the team in contention for a playoff spot right to the end so there is no sense in dumping him for prospects...

So yeah, Sheldon Souray is a rental at the current time.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
I never back tracked from my original point. You may disagree with the use of the term, but it doesn't mean it's not commonly used in the media and elsewhere.
The only place your definition of renting is used is in rebuttle posts that make no sense. The mainstream media uses the term renting a player to signify a player being traded to another team for the last few games of the season and the post season, not holding on to players in the last year of their contract with their teams.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

This is looking more and more like post padding. I didn't want to be left out.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
I never said anything about your diction I was merely questionning your understanding of simple concepts and your lack of common sense.
Im not saying I didnt understand AH's comment, I'm just telling him he's using the term incorrectly. I think your lacking the common sense.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
AH

Quote:
The only place your definition of renting is used is in rebuttle posts that make no sense. The mainstream media uses the term renting a player to signify a player being traded to another team for the last few games of the season and the post season, not holding on to players in the last year of their contract with their teams.

Quote:
Im not saying I didnt understand AH's comment, I'm just telling him he's using the term incorrectly. I think your lacking the common sense.
And for the last time, I used the term correctly. It's actually a common term, especially at the trading deadline.

Just because you have never heard it, it doesn't mean it's not widely used.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:57 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
That's amazing, you actually took what I said and then reversed it and used it against me.

There is simply nothing to do against the " I know you are but what am I?" tactic, I must admit defeat.
I haven't felt so humiliated since the infamous "I'm rubber , you're glue" offensive in 1998.

Old
11-04-2006, 02:58 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
And for the last time, I used the term correctly. It's actually a common term, especially at the trading deadline.

Just because you have never heard it, it doesn't mean it's not widely used.
So what exactly once again is your definition of a "rent a player"? maybe I misinterpreted what you meant.

Old
11-04-2006, 03:04 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
That's amazing, you actually took what I said and then reversed it and used it against me.

There is simply nothing to do against the " I know you are but what am I?" tactic, I must admit defeat.
I haven't felt so humiliated since the infamous "I'm rubber , you're glue" offensive in 1998.
Thats actually very funny. My hats off to you

Old
11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Blades 0f Steel

No lock yet?

Boys and girls aren't playing nicely...

And for what it's worth, Souray can indeed be traded, but not solely because he'll be an UFA. You don't trade someone that could be huge for you in the playoffs just because you'll lose him for nothing.

Old
11-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Thread locked.

Closed Thread