HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Im coming to Edmonton in 10 days. First time in a loooooooong time...thinking Ill pick up a jersey or something from the mall.

Old
07-27-2013, 11:00 AM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
Im coming to Edmonton in 10 days. First time in a loooooooong time...thinking Ill pick up a jersey or something from the mall.
Nice. Spend some of that big contract you just signed

Old
07-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Hehehehe

Old
07-29-2013, 02:15 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
So this whole drug scandal, can the MLB really nail with Arod with anything at this point?

Old
07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Dave

Anyone ever fight speeding tickets and have them reduced? Can you do it at any court, or does it have to be at the law courts downtown?

Old
07-29-2013, 09:21 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Anyone ever fight speeding tickets and have them reduced? Can you do it at any court, or does it have to be at the law courts downtown?
traffic department DT...

it could take a long time for a wait but its pretty easy to get it reduced... i had mine reduced 75 bucks but it took like 1.5 hour wait + parking. is it worth it?

Old
07-30-2013, 07:49 AM
metallicat
@metallicat51

I think they remove demerits a lot of the time too if you go and fight a ticket. I think you speak to a prosecutor or someone to that effect.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:06 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I think they remove demerits a lot of the time too if you go and fight a ticket. I think you speak to a prosecutor or someone to that effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
traffic department DT...

it could take a long time for a wait but its pretty easy to get it reduced... i had mine reduced 75 bucks but it took like 1.5 hour wait + parking. is it worth it?
Quote:
A lot of this has changed the pass couple years. You use to have a guarantee if you showed that you would get a reduction and demerits dropped, but it's gotten tougher.

What are you really going to fight though?

Old
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Dave

I have 3 photo-radar tickets. Just want them reduced if it's possible, I've heard people saying it is, but I'm unfamiliar with the process.

Just as a PSA/heads up. Two of them were on the snake section of groat rd (NB, I've seen it parked facing SB too), the other was on the henday WB @ ray gibbon dr (the photo car sits on top of the ray gibbon overpass looking down on the henday). If you ever see the red prius with city of edmonton written on the side in blue, it's a photo-radar car. I saw it a number of times and didn't realize what it was. A few weeks later I get 3 tickets over the course of a few weeks.

I've also seen the same prius on the south side of the henday near that valley/bridge between terwilligar and the west end.

The car doesn't have the camera gear on the front bumper/on the dash. The operator just sits in the car and points it out the driver window.

Last edited by Dave: 07-30-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old
07-30-2013, 05:29 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I have 3 photo-radar tickets. Just want them reduced if it's possible, I've heard people saying it is, but I'm unfamiliar with the process.

Just as a PSA/heads up. Two of them were on the snake section of groat rd (NB, I've seen it parked facing SB too), the other was on the henday WB @ ray gibbon dr (the photo car sits on top of the ray gibbon overpass looking down on the henday). If you ever see the red prius with city of edmonton written on the side in blue, it's a photo-radar car. I saw it a number of times and didn't realize what it was. A few weeks later I get 3 tickets over the course of a few weeks.

I've also seen the same prius on the south side of the henday near that valley/bridge between terwilligar and the west end.
Well what you could do is try say that if you would've been pulled over the first time via laser you would've learned your lesson. Other than that I don't know what defense you can have. Judge could always come back at you with "you now know that there is photo radar all over the city so don't speed".

As an FYI the City is using a crap load of vehicles now that look like construction vehicles or promotion vehicles. It's best to slow down if you see a vehicle that appears broke down or working.

Tip 2, if you see a homeless man standing in the median at the lights and you are on the phones you will get a ticket. Although maybe I shouldn't tell you this one as I can't stand people that talk on their phone in the city. Amazing how bad ones ability is by talking on a phone.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Also, there's that super sneaky photo radar midway down/up Scona Rd parked on the median behind a traffic sign... speed limit is 50 up Scona Rd., I'm assuming they're cleaning up there...

Old
07-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I'm all for putting photo radar in construction zones or school zones.

But putting it on the freeway ringroad is such ********.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:23 PM
awesomo
HARD!

91st behind the construction cages by the exit to the henday

everyone knows about this tho

Old
07-31-2013, 07:52 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I'm all for putting photo radar in construction zones or school zones.

But putting it on the freeway ringroad is such ********.
It's a pain on the freeway for two reasons. One everyone slows down to 90 km/h.

Secondly they put it on those bridges on curves, isn't that a safety issue? Yes they are on the shoulder, but the shoulders aren't designed for this. Well according to the whole distraction driving they aren't. They tell you not to pull onto the shoulder to talk on your phone as now you are a safety hazard, but it's fine to put a van on a curvy road to catch guys speeding?

Old
08-02-2013, 02:54 PM
oiler4ever

A true story of a close friend of mine. we all knew this was going to happen. a tragedy what can i say http://mallufraud.blogspot.ca/

Old
08-02-2013, 03:40 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler4ever View Post
A true story of a close friend of mine. we all knew this was going to happen. a tragedy what can i say http://mallufraud.blogspot.ca/
your friend is a moron.

Old
08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
MikeModano9

Cracked some hockey card packs last night and got a
Paajarvi game worn jersey card. Haha

Old
08-03-2013, 03:27 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler4ever View Post
LOL a catfish?

Old
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

I went back home today and was cleaning my room. To my surprise, I found an 03-04 Oiler's calendar

It features such superstars as Smyth, Brewer, Hemsky, Laraque, Ferguson, York, Comrie, Salo, etc.

Here are some pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (6).JPG‎ (103.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo (7).JPG‎ (132.1 KB, 3 views)

Old
08-05-2013, 08:33 PM
thinlizzy

[QUOTE=Dave;69774909]I have 3 photo-radar tickets. Just want them reduced if it's possible, I've heard people saying it is, but I'm unfamiliar with the process.

On Friday Strathcona had the entire battalion on Yellowhead and Henday as you turn down west to get on the head. They had there little spotter truck as you turned from Henday. I got zapped for tinted windows, even though I had them down which translates to segregation in my opinion. RCMP guy says he will do me the favor and not write me up for the 115 and go with the 57 instead. I think I have factory tint so I will fight that one if possible.

In Strathcona I got taxi drive stop ticket at a t intersection. Sherriff said I could go to the courts in the Park and try and plead down. I got one demerit off and about 100 bucks reduced. Just a cash cow period. The thing that irritates me is they pull the photo radar spots in areas that are 50 km/h and nobody does that speed period. So IMO that really isn't policing it is generating money for the city which is garbage. You could call the place that is run by the ex police guys to fight tickets and see. There can be up to 10 % error in the guns so if your close it might be worth a go. Good luck.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:40 PM
thinlizzy

Fans of the 1972 series are in for a treat in YEG this week. Marcel D and Peter M will be at the Craig Simpson charity golf tourney and will also be dropping into Sobey's Liquor stores to promote the 72 wine and sign some autographs. I don't know which locations they will be at so call them to find out.

Old
08-06-2013, 01:41 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Perspective.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:51 AM
joestevens29

[QUOTE=thinlizzy;69956435]
Quote:

On Friday Strathcona had the entire battalion on Yellowhead and Henday as you turn down west to get on the head. They had there little spotter truck as you turned from Henday. I got zapped for tinted windows, even though I had them down which translates to segregation in my opinion. RCMP guy says he will do me the favor and not write me up for the 115 and go with the 57 instead. I think I have factory tint so I will fight that one if possible.

In Strathcona I got taxi drive stop ticket at a t intersection. Sherriff said I could go to the courts in the Park and try and plead down. I got one demerit off and about 100 bucks reduced. Just a cash cow period. The thing that irritates me is they pull the photo radar spots in areas that are 50 km/h and nobody does that speed period. So IMO that really isn't policing it is generating money for the city which is garbage. You could call the place that is run by the ex police guys to fight tickets and see. There can be up to 10 % error in the guns so if your close it might be worth a go. Good luck.
I heard that if your windows are down when they come to your window that they can't give you a ticket.

Although the whole tinted window thing is BS. You should be able to see the driver, if you can't because of tint you should be fined and given a sticker like the accident ones. It's a safety hazard.

Old
08-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

[QUOTE=joestevens29;69968731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post

I heard that if your windows are down when they come to your window that they can't give you a ticket.

Although the whole tinted window thing is BS. You should be able to see the driver, if you can't because of tint you should be fined and given a sticker like the accident ones. It's a safety hazard.
To be honest, I'd say half the drivers on the road today don't even make eye contact with the other driver when they should be (e.g. at intersections, turning, merging). It's like the first road rule they teach you during driving lessons.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
08-07-2013, 08:17 AM
joestevens29

[QUOTE=Cloned;69982685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

To be honest, I'd say half the drivers on the road today don't even make eye contact with the other driver when they should be (e.g. at intersections, turning, merging). It's like the first road rule they teach you during driving lessons.
Yep, but should one really be shocked. The habits that are out there are just horrid. I took a trainer course couple years back and we had to make a list of things that were simply wrong. It was said to see how much you can't write down in a hour.

Major issues that we saw was the eye contact, not just with drivers but pedestrians. Lights, people seem to think they are only designed for night time. Worse thing car manufactures ever did was those stupid censors that magically turn lights on. Other big issue was following space. 3 seconds is what most are taught, most courses that you take beyond driver training is min 4 seconds, but the majority leave 2 seconds or less.

Closed Thread