HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Hockey Quebec Peewee and Bantam AAA

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2013, 09:54 AM
stuggatz42

vCash: 500
Alot of the top kids have been hitting full contact for the past 2 years in summer AAA it's not a novelty to them,they actually get bored when there's no contact in a game,i too know for a fact that the selection process was more than fair,i guess we will all find out when they step on the ice.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:54 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Sandler View Post
I can name 3 or 4 off the top of my head that are indeed opting out of LSLS and will play for their private school only... And they are TOP players.
Name names then.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
stuggatz42

We don't want any names here,i can tell you are not Napolitano or you would not ask lol

Old
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Popsicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Name names then.
Not my place to name names...
And if you want me to name names... Who are you?

Old
08-02-2013, 10:22 AM
InfoSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuggatz42 View Post
Alot of the top kids have been hitting full contact for the past 2 years in summer AAA it's not a novelty to them,they actually get bored when there's no contact in a game,i too know for a fact that the selection process was more than fair,i guess we will all find out when they step on the ice.
True but in Spring AAA they are hitting with kids in the same age group. An average sized kid in PWAAA may find himself among men in Bantam AA/AAA playing with
2000s. One kid may not have a growth spurt until grade 9 or 10 while other Kids can grow 6 inches and add 30+lbs in a year.
Why invest all the $$ & time in PWAAA when Bantam is probably a better measure of the direction of your kids Hockey future. A kid can still develop and thrive in PWBB and School Hockey even though it may not be the top competition around compared to AA/AAA. I like that PWAAA/AA is trying to bring the best of the best together in the province. I just think it is too early as things will change for some of these kids when they hit Bantam AA/AAA.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Popsicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSeeker View Post
True but in Spring AAA they are hitting with kids in the same age group. An average sized kid in PWAAA may find himself among men in Bantam AA/AAA playing with
2000s. One kid may not have a growth spurt until grade 9 or 10 while other Kids can grow 6 inches and add 30+lbs in a year.
Why invest all the $$ & time in PWAAA when Bantam is probably a better measure of the direction of your kids Hockey future. A kid can still develop and thrive in PWBB and School Hockey even though it may not be the top competition around compared to AA/AAA. I like that PWAAA/AA is trying to bring the best of the best together in the province. I just think it is too early as things will change for some of these kids when they hit Bantam AA/AAA.
Yes things will change for most of these kids and has already started to change for some, however Kids not playing at that level this season will have a tougher time making the jump back in to AA/AAA Bantam.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
stuggatz42

You would be shocked at how big some of the kids are in Ontario and state side 5'10 150 pounds they don't eat poutine over there I can tell you that when a kid doesn't like getting hit you can tell right away you don't need jean ferre in the mix plus some of these kids played in 2000 born tournaments,i think peewee AAA is a good thing unlike you.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
stuggatz42

Quote:
Yes things will change for most of these kids and has already started to change for some, however Kids not playing at that level this season will have a tougher time making the jump back in to AA/AAA Bantam.

Good point very true!!

Old
08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
stuggatz42

Im off gotta go sell some cheese and prosciutto to pay my fee's

Old
08-02-2013, 02:08 PM
proam16

Quote:
I agree with this too. These are important developmental years.

Old
08-02-2013, 02:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuggatz42 View Post
We don't want any names here,i can tell you are not Napolitano or you would not ask lol
I have no idea who that is...

Old
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Not my place to name names...
And if you want me to name names... Who are you?
Check your PM's.

Old
08-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Amscoach11
Rookie User

just a heads up.. theres not as much traveling as you think..

for PW and BT AAA there are 2 divisions..22 teams total..West and East 11 teams..
28 game season.. play teams only in same division.. 14 home.. 14 away..

West
Conquerants Basses Laurentides
Pionniers Lanaudiere
Selects du Nord
Seigneurs Milles Iles
Lac st louis Lions north
Lac st louis Lions south
Lac st louis arsenal
Lac st louis grenadiers
LAVAL
National Montreal
Outaouais

East
Estrie 2 AAA teams
Mauricie 1 AAA team
Richelieu 4 AAA teams
Quebec Chaudiere Appalaches 4 AAA teams

in AA there are a few more teams..
for PW and BT AA there are 28 teams..
15 east... and 13 west..

same teams in WEST
plus 2 teams from abitibi
(rouyn noranda and valdor)
makes 13 teams..

for the east.. same teams as AAA
plus:
bas st laurent 2 AA teams
cote nord 1 AA team
saguenay 2 AA teams
makes 15 teams total

for AAA PW showcase in sept in laval.. i assume all AAA teams to be present at this tourney..
for AAA BT showcase in sept in st-hubert.. i assume all AAA teams to be present at this tourney..

AAA and AA tournaments are available on Hockey Quebec website..
teams can do usual of 3-4 tournaments..

Games will be friday, saturday and sundays..

the AAA categories will be the top of class.. will be very interesting..

i think the price range should be between 2.5-5k not more than that..
7k being wayyy to high for hockey..

Old
08-02-2013, 05:04 PM
hockey365

Why you guys are complaining???? Come on my end of town, North Shore of Laval!!!! Worst managed minor hockey organization in this province.

If you're not in the "in crowd", your kid could be the next Drouin, they'll suppress him until he quit or move. Oh, that did happened to Drouin from my organization!!!!

Listen, my kids are way too old to be part of this new format, hence, if your family can afford it and your kid is good enough to play AA/AAA, go for it!!! Be the pioneers of this new breed of players!!!

School??? Yeah, it should be considered prior to hockey, but you'll have the schedule in advance, and smart parents will work with the teachers to make sure the child is not left behind in his school work. This should not be a reason not to participate in AA/AAA if the kid has the goods. Even, as a 3rd liner.....

IMO and because I've done both, private school education Vs public school, it all depends on the child. But either way, if the kid and the parents are structured, the child can thrive in both and work towards university.

I know of a couple kids who played high end hockey (Midget AAA) and ended up at Yale and Harvard. FROM PUBLIC SCHOOL education.

Perfect example, Fred Gauthier, drafted by Toronto in this past draft. He had a deal on the table with Harvard. He only went to public school.

With this new structure, the parents will have to be more involved in their kid's school work, in order to make sure the child is not slidding. But try it firts, if it doesn't work, change the following year.

This is Pee-wee, the child is starting high school or finishing elementary schoo. The child has plenty of time to catch up, if ever they slide in their school work. Plus tutering and summer school is there to help as well.

Anyhow, all this to say, that I wish this program was implemented 7-8 yrs ago, so my kids could have been part of this. I had to travel from Blainville to NTR every weekend for a decade for additional ice!

You guys and your kids are lucky!!!!

Old
08-02-2013, 05:09 PM
hockey365

Also, you've got to be part of this AA/AAA thing. If you're not there at the beginning, it will be very very difficult for your child to catch up and play Midget AAA.

The decision that you take for this year, can haunt your child for ever! Please think very very hard prior to make your decision.

Old
08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
hockey365

My only concern is for full time working parents. A "late kid" or any kid, who makes Pee-wee AA/AAA and is still in elementary school, I hear he needs to be at the arena for 3h00 PM. 3 times a week! At least in Blainville, I don't know for LS.

Old
08-02-2013, 05:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Blainville isn't part of Laval.

They're part of BL.

I agree with most of what you're saying, minus the part about you're kids.

Who's behind BL ?

Old
08-02-2013, 05:32 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Blainville isn't part of Laval.

They're part of BL.

I agree with most of what you're saying, minus the part about you're kids.

Who's behind BL ?
I meant North of Laval, just in case, some don't know where it is.

The same old folks who were responsible for AA Pee-Wee & Bantam are taking over this new organization..... Nothing will change! Please see the Blainville Boisbrian website, I won't name names here.

Old
08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
I meant North of Laval, just in case, some don't know where it is.

The same old folks who were responsible for AA Pee-Wee & Bantam are taking over this new organization..... Nothing will change! Please see the Blainville Boisbrian website, I won't name names here.
Dollard is the worst place to be.

Then Montreal.

I don't think you have it as bad.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Dollard is the worst place to be.

Then Montreal.

I don't think you have it as bad.
What is wrong with Dollard?
I agree Montreal is brutal.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ View Post
What is wrong with Dollard?
I agree Montreal is brutal.
Everything.

Parents, players, high ups, coaches.

There's no support.

PWAA was good because they had VO kids, Midget AA has an amazing coach along with the last if a golden generation.

Atom will fade out eventually.

Old
08-02-2013, 09:02 PM
InfoSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Also, you've got to be part of this AA/AAA thing. If you're not there at the beginning, it will be very very difficult for your child to catch up and play Midget AAA.

The decision that you take for this year, can haunt your child for ever! Please think very very hard prior to make your decision.
Really? I`m sure my kid won`t be haunted forever he doesn`t play PWAAA/AA.
If he is good enough, he will have 2 more years to prove that in Bantam without having to fork over anywhere between 2K to 6k in PWAAA/AA. If he`s good then he`s good.... PWAAA/AA or not. Bantam is another story, Midget AAA is based on performance in Bantam, not PeeWee.... I agree if you want to get on the Midget AAA radar then Bantam AA/AAA is a must... PWAA/AAA... not so much.

Old
08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Hockey mind 61
Rookie User

I am reading all these threads about AAA Hockey and cost ! Some have posted from 2K to 8K ......Relax !!!

It will not be much more than all your previous seasons! You will not be travelling across the province during week days and you will not come back home at midnight during the week.

You will be playing your games from 10 mins to 45 mins from your region except for Gatineau one game and it will be during the week-end! You will be playing 28 games like usual and 3 Tournaments.You will have 2 on-ice practices per week and 2 off-ice.

Stop saying that will cost 5K-6K-7K-8K !!! It wont be close from that! This is not Midget AAA

The cost will be approx. between 2.5K-3.5K

You will all have your answers to this very soon !

Old
08-03-2013, 09:29 AM
white57

Now if only all the best would show up on both sides. South will be missing at least 3 of the top players and will be a big problem in terms of depth. Hopefully the parents change their minds before the 14th.

As per earlier post about school and hockey of the top 15 players in the region 75% 80% will be going to private school or sport etude so they. All have decisions to make

Old
08-03-2013, 10:24 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey mind 61 View Post
I am reading all these threads about AAA Hockey and cost ! Some have posted from 2K to 8K ......Relax !!!

It will not be much more than all your previous seasons! You will not be travelling across the province during week days and you will not come back home at midnight during the week.

You will be playing your games from 10 mins to 45 mins from your region except for Gatineau one game and it will be during the week-end! You will be playing 28 games like usual and 3 Tournaments.You will have 2 on-ice practices per week and 2 off-ice.

Stop saying that will cost 5K-6K-7K-8K !!! It wont be close from that! This is not Midget AAA

The cost will be approx. between 2.5K-3.5K

You will all have your answers to this very soon !
Well your someone who is close to the situation.

What's really love is how many people googled the whole AA/AAA and then found this.

Go Lions Go right ?

To hell with that... Go Conquerants !

Closed Thread