HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everyone was so excited about Boyd and Prust so ?

Old
11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
RangerFan_48

vCash: 500
Everyone was so excited about Boyd and Prust so ?

I didn't get to see the game last night so were they lighting up the ice like everyone was saying the would?

RangerFan_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
chriss_co

who said that?

if anything i expect them to add some energy and life into the team

and at the same time, push some of the borderline players to get going

just curious who were the 2 that sat out? i didn't see lundmark's name in boxscore.. but i only glanced at it

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
therealdeal

Of course not, it was a pathetic desperation move that had no real logic or thought to it. What exactly was the idea of sending Ritchie and Lundmark down? They're not scorers, they get like 8-10 minutes a game at the most, how exactly are they not doing they're job.

And bringing up a grinder and an underdeveloped talent didn't produce any results?! What a shocker.

Just a little more player mismanagement by the flames.

Ohh, big surprise, Dustin Boyd 13 minutes, -2, good move Daryl, really sparked the team out of their brutal offensive and defensive systems.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Prust was brought in to fill a hole in our roster. Boyd was brought up but not to put offensive numbers on the scoreboard, he was brought up to tell the Flames' top six that their jobs are not secure.

With the heart Tanguay has played with, I wouldn't mind if the Flames sat him out in favour of a minor leaguer.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Tont

vCash: 491
To the OP, I don't recall seeing anyone saying they were going to light it up. Expectations were for Boyd and Prust to just go out and skate hard, perhaps showing some of the older players how to actually do that. Boyd got leveled a couple times, but he'll adjust to the speed soon enough, although I don't seeing him staying with the big club for more than a few games.

Prust I thought was excellent as a 4th line energy guy. Showed good speed and mixed it up a little bit out there (Funny seeing him and Chelios yapping at each other in a scrum). I hope he stays up and keeps McCarty out of the lineup for good. He's just not good enough to play anymore, and that is the sad truth. Only reason he didn't sit and Lundmark did was because of the game being in Detroit. Oh yeah, Ritchie was the other scratch.

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM
CofRed

Boyd started on a line with Iginla and Tanguay. They looked awful for one simple reason: they played in their own end the whole time. Boyd couldn't handle defensive responsibilities of playing the Centre position and the Flames were unable to get the puck out of the zone. When he had the puck on the rush, he looked tentative. I expect he may play another game or two but needs to get stronger before he'll stick.

And Congrats to Brandon (a former teammate of mine) on playing his first NHL game. I thought he looked quite strong out there and as usual worked his *** off. He played well along the boards on the cycle and controlled the puck well. He certainly injected some energy onto that line and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around for a few more games and perhaps longer.

CofRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
JayByrd

Send a message via AIM to JayByrd Send a message via MSN to JayByrd
[QUOTE=therealdeal;6964092]

Of course not, it was a pathetic desperation move that had no real logic or thought to it. What exactly was the idea of sending Ritchie and Lundmark down? They're not scorers, they get like 8-10 minutes a game at the most, how exactly are they not doing they're job.

And bringing up a grinder and an underdeveloped talent didn't produce any results?! What a shocker.

Well, what would you do? They had to try something. I don't think anyone expected this move would set the team on it's ear, but you can't just sit back and let them keep playing the way they are. There are only so many guys down in Omaha who can be called up and play here.

Everyone's talking trade, but I highly doubt some other GM is going to step forward and offer the Flames what they need. So we're going to have to settle for minor "shakeup" moves like this until something turns around.

JayByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

I watched the game and well neither of them did much but it was their first game. Still I don't understand sitting Lundmark (admitted fan of his) and Ritchie over some of the others. And if the official site is right they are sitting again tonight. How are they expected to get on a role playing 8 minutes a night? And what in God's name has McCarty done to earn time? For that matter what has Nilson or Amonte done to get the nod over Lundmark or Ritchie?

Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:16 PM
therealdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayByrd View Post

Well, what would you do? They had to try something. I don't think anyone expected this move would set the team on it's ear, but you can't just sit back and let them keep playing the way they are. There are only so many guys down in Omaha who can be called up and play here.

Everyone's talking trade, but I highly doubt some other GM is going to step forward and offer the Flames what they need. So we're going to have to settle for minor "shakeup" moves like this until something turns around.
Well, tell me, if we can't win with NHLers in the lineup, how exactly are we supposed to win with AHLers in the lineup? Unless we have a lot of players that ARE only AHL caliber and can be switched in and out without much consiquence.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Well I say that after tonight, we can just get rid of McCarty. Prust is here to stay IMO. He had energy, he had grit, he's ready now. As for Boyd, He should get sent down soon, there isn't anywhere to put him in that would help his devellopment or where he can be used effectively.

And Prust seems alot bigger than I thought he was.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Prust does seem to like to hit. Boyd I think I agree on with you on. While he's obviously got talent I don't think he's quite ready yet. Frankly I don't think either of them are but that could just be cause I want to see Lundmark get some ice time. LOL.

I am NOT impressed with McCarty at all, I think he is just well, done. Nilson is invisible most nights as well. And yes, Tanguay scored a goal last night but he is the most unnoticble player on the ice. What the hell happened to him?

Old
11-04-2006, 12:02 PM
OMA

Last night's performance has definitley shown to me that McCarty's ice time should be going to Prust. The guy was a buzzsaw out there and I think he sparked the Flames with his forecheck. Yeah he took a bad penalty (chalk that up to inexperience), but he played a good game overall.

Boyd's gonna be a heck of a player one day but he's not ready yet.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 01:45 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan_48 View Post
like everyone was saying the would?
This thread should be locked and RangerFan should be banned until he can find proof of just one poster saying Boyd and Prust would light it up, much less everyone.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Why should it be locked? Perhaps Rangefan meant fans in general, not just here. This place is nice because you guys allow fans to interact without harrassing them. Not all Flames messageboards are that generous.

Back to Boyd and Prust, is it really worth keeping them here if they are going to get 5 minutes a night? They might be better off back in the AHL with lots of minutes. That's one thing about Playfair I don't understand, you have 4 lines, use them.

Old
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue View Post
Why should it be locked? Perhaps Rangefan meant fans in general, not just here..
He said everyone, that would include HF's. Hell if he can find one person who said it ANYWHERE.

This thread was started in an attempt to troll. How obvious could it get.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
He said everyone, that would include HF's. Hell if he can find one person who said it ANYWHERE.

It may well have been, but it has turned into a reasonable discussion of Prust and Boyd's play so far, lets keep it that way I think if RangerFanthought he could come in here and get everyone upset he has learned he can't.

Anyway, I am into keeping Prust up, I am not sure what else he needs to learn at the AHL level really, Prust doesn't need to develop his minor league scoring ability I think, he isn't the youngest guy anymore, he needs to learn how to be a solid pest at the major league level as well. I'd be fine with playing him over McCarty. I wouldn't be against sending Boyd back down eventually and I am sure he will be, but he earned his chance with his fast start in Omaha and rightfully got it.

Last edited by kruezer: 11-05-2006 at 01:32 AM.
kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

How is it obvious? Rangerfan posts here from time to time and it's never been to troll. I read here more than I post but I've seen the name several times. Why is it everyone that hasn't been a Flames fan for their entire life is automatically a Troll? Relax and take the question the way it was asked, as in how did they do.

Anyway...I'm not against Prust staying up, I just hate to see talented wasted with 5 minutes a night.