HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop bashing Marek

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2006, 08:16 AM
  #51
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He did not have that much work last year. It is big difference to play when your unit has the puck most of the time (last year) vs not (this year). As soon as Jagr's line regains its lost dominance, Malik would be out of criticism.
That does not excuse bad play. All you are stating is that as soon as Jagr is back to dominating the league, he will be able to mask Malik's rather poor play. Just like your goalie comment. Having your many flaws hidden by a superstar is not going to remove you from the spot light. If Malik can only a appear like a competent defenseman when he is on the ice with a dominant superstar, then he has no business being on the ice at all.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:20 AM
  #52
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
If Malik plays well, he'll still get bashed by many fans (for lack of physicality or whatever it is) and if he plays poorly, he'll be verbally destroyed by fans. It's just the way it is with some players.
Ahh, there it is. The favorite (and completely unfounded) crutch of the various Rozsival/Malik defenders. When in doubt, always blame our ire on the fact that all we want is a physical player. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, the Malik signing was seen as a poor one (given the length and dollar of the contract, it still is). However, he was given his props by even the most boisterous of his critics last year.

No one cares if he is physical or not. However, people do care if he cannot stop taking stupid obstruction penalties or if he is responsible for odd-man rushed on virtually every shift.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:39 AM
  #53
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ahh, there it is. The favorite (and completely unfounded) crutch of the various Rozsival/Malik defenders. When in doubt, always blame our ire on the fact that all we want is a physical player. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, the Malik signing was seen as a poor one (given the length and dollar of the contract, it still is). However, he was given his props by even the most boisterous of his critics last year.

No one cares if he is physical or not. However, people do care if he cannot stop taking stupid obstruction penalties or if he is responsible for odd-man rushed on virtually every shift.
Not convincing. People just missing Poti as a scapegoat so they found a new one.


Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-03-2006 at 09:20 AM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:12 AM
  #54
polako
Registered User
 
polako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ahh, there it is. The favorite (and completely unfounded) crutch of the various Rozsival/Malik defenders. When in doubt, always blame our ire on the fact that all we want is a physical player. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, the Malik signing was seen as a poor one (given the length and dollar of the contract, it still is). However, he was given his props by even the most boisterous of his critics last year.

No one cares if he is physical or not. However, people do care if he cannot stop taking stupid obstruction penalties or if he is responsible for odd-man rushed on virtually every shift.
No.

It's not unfounded because it is the opinion of a substantial portion of this board...and they frequently voice that opinion. Maybe you do not feel that way, and granted, your criticism of Marek usually is not of that nature, but you cannot say that it is unfounded. There are PLENTY of people on the board that have expressed that opinion.

I think BobMarley's post was accurate...and I actually feel the reason he was disliked last preseason/early season also has to do with his contract.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
  #55
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Not convincing. People just missing Poti as a scapegoat so they found a new one.
I am not trying to convince you of anything. But (no offense) what you are saying is an utter crock. Malik's horrific play has brought on his criticism. There are times that I think you watch the bizzaro-world Rangers play.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
  #56
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
It's not unfounded because it is the opinion of a substantial portion of this board...and they frequently voice that opinion. Maybe you do not feel that way, and granted, your criticism of Marek usually is not of that nature, but you cannot say that it is unfounded. There are PLENTY of people on the board that have expressed that opinion.

I think BobMarley's post was accurate...and I actually feel the reason he was disliked last preseason/early season also has to do with his contract.
Then let me rephrase it. If you look at most (if not all) of the vets around here, I doubt you can name many people that dislike Malik simply becuase he is not physical. I think that most of those type of posts come from the "newbies".

His play is seperate from his contract. I did not like his contract at all and still do not. I did not like the signing. But, albeit begrudgingly, I gave him his due last year. But last night was the first time that we saw "that" Malik and not a defenseman who should not be allowed to step unto an NHL ice.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
  #57
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,355
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
No.

It's not unfounded because it is the opinion of a substantial portion of this board...and they frequently voice that opinion. Maybe you do not feel that way, and granted, your criticism of Marek usually is not of that nature, but you cannot say that it is unfounded. There are PLENTY of people on the board that have expressed that opinion.

I think BobMarley's post was accurate...and I actually feel the reason he was disliked last preseason/early season also has to do with his contract.
I don't know. The contract was bad and it was certainly a knock on him coming in but I think that his play put the contract on the back-burner. He was good last season. Add in the shoot-out goal and I think that Malik was actually well-liked last season.

For me, his level of intensity has dropped this season and that is hurting his play.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:34 AM
  #58
polako
Registered User
 
polako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Then let me rephrase it. If you look at most (if not all) of the vets around here, I doubt you can name many people that dislike Malik simply becuase he is not physical. I think that most of those type of posts come from the "newbies".

His play is seperate from his contract. I did not like his contract at all and still do not. I did not like the signing. But, albeit begrudgingly, I gave him his due last year. But last night was the first time that we saw "that" Malik and not a defenseman who should not be allowed to step unto an NHL ice.
I totally agree with your post...especially the bolded portion.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:58 AM
  #59
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
But (no offense) what you are saying is an utter crock.
That is for now. But if you honestly look back you'd admit that whatever look like utter crock then has turned to be correct by now. I proud to be proven right on almost everything I posted here. Malik is not going to go away. He is our #2D.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
  #60
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
For the very old timers on the board, the argument reminds me of the issues surrounding Harry Howell and Allen Stanley. Both were finesse players. Stanley was booed out of the Garden. He subsequently had a HOF career with the Leafs. The Garden fans knew better when it came to Howell. Not a basher but smooth, took the offensive player out of the play, and made a terrific first pass to lead the transition. Howell was the last defenseman to win the trophy as best defenseman before it belonged to Bobby Orr for almost a decade. The point is knowledgeable fans appreciate a good defenseman whether physical or not. They do not appreciate defensemen who are lazy, take needless penalties, and are continually out of position. Before last night, Malik clearly filled the latter definition.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:16 AM
  #61
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
That is for now. But if you honestly look back you'd admit that whatever look like utter crock then has turned to be correct by now. I proud to be proven right on almost everything I posted here. Malik is not going to go away. He is our #2D.
What in the name of all....are you talking about? What have you been proven right about? The play of the defense overall (last night not withstanding) has been abysmal. You keep preaching how well they are actually doing, but you are in the great minority with that thinking. Most people who have watched the games with their eyes open could see just how poorly Malik has played. Actually to say that he played poorly is a great injustice to those players who merely play poorly. He did not look like he belonged on an NHL ice. And one game does not change that. All the defensemen played a better game yesterday, but it does not even begin to wash away the stench that permeated around them every since March of last year.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
  #62
Vodka Drunkenski
Registered User
 
Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
What in the name of all....are you talking about? What have you been proven right about? The play of the defense overall (last night not withstanding) has been abysmal. You keep preaching how well they are actually doing, but you are in the great minority with that thinking. Most people who have watched the games with their eyes open could see just how poorly Malik has played. Actually to say that he played poorly is a great injustice to those players who merely play poorly. He did not look like he belonged on an NHL ice. And one game does not change that. All the defensemen played a better game yesterday, but it does not even begin to wash away the stench that permeated around them every since March of last year.
Well said!

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:02 AM
  #63
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
What in the name of all....are you talking about? What have you been proven right about? The play of the defense overall (last night not withstanding) has been abysmal. You keep preaching how well they are actually doing, but you are in the great minority with that thinking. Most people who have watched the games with their eyes open could see just how poorly Malik has played. Actually to say that he played poorly is a great injustice to those players who merely play poorly. He did not look like he belonged on an NHL ice. And one game does not change that. All the defensemen played a better game yesterday, but it does not even begin to wash away the stench that permeated around them every since March of last year.
I view it differently. Renney took Kaspar and Lundqvist out. He took out the two that fans love or loved the most at this very stage. He kept in those that fans hated. And he got the desirable result in team performance. So what I say is SCREW THE FANS AND THEIR HUMBLE OPINION. They know very little. All they can see is the final product. Once they get it they will be just fine.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
  #64
Vodka Drunkenski
Registered User
 
Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I view it differently. Renney took Kaspar and Lundqvist out. He took out the two that fans love or loved the most at this very stage. He kept in those that fans hated. And he got the desirable result in team performance. So what I say is SCREW THE FANS AND THEIR HUMBLE OPINION. They know very little. All they can see is the final product. Once they get it they will be just fine.
That goes for your opinion too, which you seem to think is never wrong.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
  #65
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Answering your question, TB

Here's what I was right about and was given almost on every post:

1. Ozolinch is good.
2. Moore for Hall was a bad trade
3. Ort will be badly missed
4. Dawes is no good (not confirmed yet)
5. Hossa, Betts, J Ward and Hollweg are better than anyone in Hartford
6. Prucha will be dismissed by Shanahan aquisition (not confirmed yet)
7. We did not replace Ruccin

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:56 AM
  #66
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
I have no idea of why I bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Here's what I was right about and was given almost on every post:

1. Ozolinch is good.
2. Moore for Hall was a bad trade
3. Ort will be badly missed
4. Dawes is no good (not confirmed yet)
5. Hossa, Betts, J Ward and Hollweg are better than anyone in Hartford
6. Prucha will be dismissed by Shanahan aquisition (not confirmed yet)
7. We did not replace Ruccin
So I wlll just jot some things down as far as your predictions go:

1. It is Lunqvist's fault that the defensemen are so bad.
2. No, it's the fault of Weekes.
3. No, no it's the forwards fault.
4. No, no, no it is Jagr's fault for not being dominant.
5. The trade of a 4th line center will be undoing of this team.
6. The only reason that Hossa is not a 25 goal scorer is becuase the Czechs refuse to share the puck with him.
8. No defensemen in the NHL can play physical or positionally anymore.
9. Jagr does not like Shanny.
10. Shanny is done as a player.
11. Baranka will NEVER be as good as Malik or Rozsival.
12. Hossa is better than anyone in Hartford.

There are many, many more. However, this little pieces take away from most threads. So ta-ta.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
  #67
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
I was wrong about Shanahan. The excuse for that is that years of star signing could make anyone a deep pessimist. Next time you see Hossa playing with Czechs make sure that line change is complete.

We got good officiating for two games in the row. Just wait for Sunday. If NHL bosses in attendace we will get tons of calls. Can they move NHL headquaters to Canada? Or Arizona?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  #68
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
I don't think he had one good game on the trip

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:02 PM
  #69
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
I don't know where people are getting the idea that Malik was hated last season. He was praised for his solid, consistent game. He was recognized for covering for Roszival all season and it was pointed out how much the team missed him while he was hurt. Many posters ate crow after they realized how valuable Malik was to the machine last season. Sure we mention how we would like him to be more physical but we have critizisms of Jagr too, does that mean we are still bashing that trade?

His play has been awful this season up until last night. He has a long way to go to gain the trust of the Garden faithful, and rightfully so. We live and die with this team, spend hard earned money on this game... I don't know why we have to blindly love this team. I think it is a sign of respect to call them out when they play bad instead of just saying they are always great and the bestest even no matter what.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:06 PM
  #70
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector
 
Staggarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Pck will get another chance when Malik and Rozsival are benched. When hell freezes and pigs fly that is.

Lets hope thats soon.... the Pock playing part, anyways....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:07 PM
  #71
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector
 
Staggarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
So I wlll just jot some things down as far as your predictions go:

1. It is Lunqvist's fault that the defensemen are so bad.
2. No, it's the fault of Weekes.
3. No, no it's the forwards fault.
4. No, no, no it is Jagr's fault for not being dominant.
5. The trade of a 4th line center will be undoing of this team.
6. The only reason that Hossa is not a 25 goal scorer is becuase the Czechs refuse to share the puck with him.
8. No defensemen in the NHL can play physical or positionally anymore.
9. Jagr does not like Shanny.
10. Shanny is done as a player.
11. Baranka will NEVER be as good as Malik or Rozsival.
12. Hossa is better than anyone in Hartford.

There are many, many more. However, this little pieces take away from most threads. So ta-ta.
HAHAHAHAHA

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:17 PM
  #72
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
So I wlll just jot some things down as far as your predictions go:

1. It is Lunqvist's fault that the defensemen are so bad.
2. No, it's the fault of Weekes.
3. No, no it's the forwards fault.
4. No, no, no it is Jagr's fault for not being dominant.
5. The trade of a 4th line center will be undoing of this team.
6. The only reason that Hossa is not a 25 goal scorer is becuase the Czechs refuse to share the puck with him.
8. No defensemen in the NHL can play physical or positionally anymore.
9. Jagr does not like Shanny.
10. Shanny is done as a player.
11. Baranka will NEVER be as good as Malik or Rozsival.
12. Hossa is better than anyone in Hartford.

There are many, many more. However, this little pieces take away from most threads. So ta-ta.
Don't forget..."You don't need to stick up for your teammates, people need to stick up for themselves"

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:49 PM
  #73
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ahh, there it is. The favorite (and completely unfounded) crutch of the various Rozsival/Malik defenders. When in doubt, always blame our ire on the fact that all we want is a physical player. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, the Malik signing was seen as a poor one (given the length and dollar of the contract, it still is). However, he was given his props by even the most boisterous of his critics last year.

No one cares if he is physical or not. However, people do care if he cannot stop taking stupid obstruction penalties or if he is responsible for odd-man rushed on virtually every shift.
Gimme a ****ing break. Think more, don't just bash players whose names you don;t like. I made a point of saying he was bad this season, so chill.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
  #74
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Gimme a ****ing break. Think more, don't just bash players whose names you don;t like. I made a point of saying he was bad this season, so chill.
Exactly what do I have to chill about? You said:
Quote:
If Malik plays well, he'll still get bashed by many fans (for lack of physicality or whatever it is) and if he plays poorly, he'll be verbally destroyed by fans. It's just the way it is with some players.
That does not sound like you are talking about his bad season. You are making it a point to point out that Malik gets bashed no matter how he plays. You also further point out (and you must think it important, otherwise why mention it?) that he is disliked for lack of physicality.

Neither could be further from the truth. Malik got his props last year when he played well. No liking his contract of it's length is not even close to bashing him for his play. This year his play has been atrocious and he has bee (and very much rightfully so) bashed for it. He was not bashed last year. What do I need to think about? Maybe you should think for yourself. This has absolutely nothing to do with not being physical or disliking a specific player. His play dictates who he is recieved. Since he has been here that has been the case. Claiming that he was bashed last year or is disliked for not being physical is not true and nor would you be able to locate posts to such extent.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:27 PM
  #75
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,475
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Here's what I was right about and was given almost on every post:

1. Ozolinch is good.
2. Moore for Hall was a bad trade
3. Ort will be badly missed
4. Dawes is no good (not confirmed yet)
5. Hossa, Betts, J Ward and Hollweg are better than anyone in Hartford
6. Prucha will be dismissed by Shanahan aquisition (not confirmed yet)
7. We did not replace Ruccin
1. Ozo has been solid, but it is far too early to pass judgment on him.
2. Give Hall a chance. 10 games isn't much of one.
3. Everyone thought Orts would be missed.
4. Stupid thing so say, he hasn't been given a chance.
5. You lose credibility when you say Hossa is better than anyone.
6. Not true at all.
7. I don't know what we lost with him leaving... decent faceoff guy who couldnt skate or score anymore.

The point is, just because you think you are "right" doesn't mean the majority thinks you are right. I think this thread shows that the majority disagrees with the bulk of your assertions. Though, it's nice that you think so highly of yourself.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.