HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames Rangers Trade proposal

Old
11-04-2006, 09:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
There's also the case that right now Montoya should be untouchable, why would we ever trade him at this point?
I wouldn't say he's untouchable, but I agree the Rangers should feel like they have to deal him. For right deal or part of the right package, you can include him. But he's by no means a throw-in.

11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Fletch

You only deal Montoya...

in a package for a very good young player.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
in a package for a very good young player.
Agree. And I say the same thing for Prucha.

I kinda think a deal for someone like Brent Seabrook would be potential for a disaster. Based on the times I've seen him, he is a positionally sound offensive defenseman who throws the body from time to time. IMO if you got a guy who is quiet like that, hasn't put up stats yet, and wont make his presence known through a physical style of play...I don't think he's the type of guy that you trade Prucha for.

To be honest, I'm not trading Prucha for a defenseman unless its in a package for the best out there in Phaneuf. Otherwise, he goes for someone who we can feel their impact and in that it'd be best to get a top 6 center. A good place to start looking is Richards/LeCavalier in TB. Prucha and a salary defenseman for one of them.

Old
11-04-2006, 10:12 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Where exactly where will Montoya play fdor the next 10 yars? In case you haven't heard Calgary has one of the very best, if not the best goaltendets in hockey.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:36 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Nothing against Immonen, but how in the world can he have trade value as an NHL center, if the Rangers had to use Betts as a second line center with an NHL ready Immonen playing in Hartford?

He may be NHL ready, but Sather/Maloney are gong to have a hard time convincing a trading partner of that, based on his use here.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:43 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Nothing against Immonen, but how in the world can he have trade value as an NHL center, if the Rangers had to use Betts as a second line center with an NHL ready Immonen playing in Hartford?

He may be NHL ready, but Sather/Maloney are gong to have a hard time convincing a trading partner of that, based on his use here.
funny, that's a great point and one that i bet anything Sather/Maloney don't even realize

they probably believe he is a second line center in his future, just don't trust him

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
funny, that's a great point and one that i bet anything Sather/Maloney don't even realize

they probably believe he is a second line center in his future, just don't trust him
or that this season, immonen hasn't shown the fire he did in hartford last year. 5 assists in 9 games? -11? (HFD is in LAST place in the AHL at 2-7) have fun convincing another GM that this is their future 2nd line center. If his game shapes up, he'll eventually earn a call-up, but until Sather can open a roster spot for him, be it send Dawes down (maybe actually get some playing time) or spots open via trades, or someone is waived, we'll just have to wait.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post

I kinda think a deal for someone like Brent Seabrook would be potential for a disaster. Based on the times I've seen him, he is a positionally sound offensive defenseman who throws the body from time to time. IMO if you got a guy who is quiet like that, hasn't put up stats yet, and wont make his presence known through a physical style of play...I don't think he's the type of guy that you trade Prucha for.
I'm not lining up to trade Prucha just yet but I think you are way off base on Seabrook. He's 20 years old and last year he had 32 points as a rookie. Big player, strong skater and great passing ability. Not overly physical but highly skilled. I think he clearly projects as a 1-2 defenseman and if you are lucky you get much more. I find it amazing that he might be available. My biggest concern with Prucha is that he won't be able to sustain top 6 forward minutes over a long period because he is so slight physically and he seems to be a target for other teams.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote