HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:

Old
07-22-2013, 10:54 PM
skorf

vCash: 500
Klefbom will be in the AHL to start. They will give him time to adjust to the North American game and frankly, they don't have room for him on the Oilers.

If he plays well in OKC, look for a defense to be moved. Nick Schultz is the obvious choice and a good chance he won't last the year. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were to move Petry at some point either.

skorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Phenomenon

Rumours are bringing Toni Rajala back to Europe where he would make 10x the money compared to AHL. It also looks like there is no room in the Oilers roster for him without a lot of injuries.

I do not know how reliable this rumour is. There has not been any interviews of Toni in the Finnish media etc. I saw this in Ilves's fan forum.

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
Rumours are bringing Toni Rajala back to Europe where he would make 10x the money compared to AHL. It also looks like there is no room in the Oilers roster for him without a lot of injuries.

I do not know how reliable this rumour is. There has not been any interviews of Toni in the Finnish media etc. I saw this in Ilves's fan forum.
Thanks for the heads up, I hope that he sticks around at least for next season to give the NHL one more shot.

08-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Ragss

I imagine he'll be there for training camp and the preseason at the very least. Wouldn't blame him at all for heading back; unlike Harski, Rajala would have to usurp someone in the top 6 to stick around.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Eric Rodgers ‏@AHLBarons 6m
Officialy official. MT @shawngreenagent: Kale Kerbashian has agreed on a tryout with the #OKCBarons. #ahl #premierhockey

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=101998

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Fourier

Quote:

Rajala is under contract to the Oilers for this year. He can't go back without the Oilers permission. I am not sure why they would let him go at this point as he will be one of OKC's key players.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Rajala is under contract to the Oilers for this year. He can't go back without the Oilers permission.
Radulov and Kovaltchuk say "trastuit tavarits"! The trend seems to be that players no longer respect their contracts and the teams have no power to stop that.

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Cerebral

Quote:

I think returning to Europe this season would spell the end of any potential NHL opportunity for Rajala. He did a ton this season to reclaim some prospect status in the organization and he will likely be one of the first call-ups at forward in the event of an injury (especially if it's someone in the top 6).

08-03-2013, 06:05 AM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I think returning to Europe this season would spell the end of any potential NHL opportunity for Rajala. He did a ton this season to reclaim some prospect status in the organization and he will likely be one of the first call-ups at forward in the event of an injury (especially if it's someone in the top 6).
Rajala has a chance to be a top AHL forward this year and a first call up, I can't see him leaving and risking an NHL career. I am alos sure that the European leagues have transfer agreements with the NHL so players honour their contracts with teams.

N5991989 is offline   Reply With Quote