HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

At least Rasmus and Lawrie are doing well lately

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  #976
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Aaron Sanchez: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 Ks
Kyle Drabek: 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER (HR), 1 BB, 3 Ks

Deck McGuire came out in relief for Drabek. Interesting if they're now looking at a bullpen role for him since he's struggled for majority of his professional career.
Drabek has been doing well at keeping his walks down which is a huge positive

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #977
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captn View Post
Wow, Shi Davidi just tweeted that AA always puts everyone on waivers in August.

Not only did you not know it's been done in the past you apparently don't understand the concept of August waivers.
He doesn't understand much of anything to do with baseball

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-02-2013, 09:56 PM
  #978
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
So what happens if he actually hits that ball
Vlad Guerrero did it once in a game.

Everlong is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  #979
Eyedea
The Legend Continues
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
So what happens if he actually hits that ball
He becomes my favourite player

Eyedea is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 01:01 AM
  #980
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,266
vCash: 500
9 man bullpen! lol, what a team.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 07:24 AM
  #981
ryno23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
I think its time to bring in Ozzie Guillen to manage this team full of latin stars. He should be able to get the best out of them and also take the heat of this club with his antics. Mind for all the BS he does he is a winner with a World Series and someone the players would have to respect as they would get called out pretty easily for not being able to play fundamental baseball.

These players are not being held accountable by Gomer Piles aka Gibbons.

Seriously how worse can it be with Ozzie managing.

ryno23 is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 08:03 AM
  #982
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Willypeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,425
vCash: 1060
Redmond sent down, Lincoln recalled.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 09:27 AM
  #983
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
9 man bullpen! lol, what a team.
in fairness the last two starts have eaten up our pen.

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 09:31 AM
  #984
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
it's crazy what last nights game did to Delabar's era. I really don't mind the losses at this point at all. This season is about draft position and nothing else at this point in my eyes.

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 09:49 AM
  #985
KuleminFan41
Registered User
 
KuleminFan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
I think its time to bring in Ozzie Guillen to manage this team full of latin stars. He should be able to get the best out of them and also take the heat of this club with his antics. Mind for all the BS he does he is a winner with a World Series and someone the players would have to respect as they would get called out pretty easily for not being able to play fundamental baseball.

These players are not being held accountable by Gomer Piles aka Gibbons.

Seriously how worse can it be with Ozzie managing.
IDK why people think Ozzie is some sort of Latino magician . When Chicago won the world series, there was only 1 Latino that played in the line up every day in Juan Uribe, rest were Americans. Apart from pitching that is

KuleminFan41 is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
  #986
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
it's crazy what last nights game did to Delabar's era. I really don't mind the losses at this point at all. This season is about draft position and nothing else at this point in my eyes.
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?

thatshype is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 10:39 AM
  #987
Persuasion
Keep Kulie
 
Persuasion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
Redmond sent down, Lincoln recalled.
Damn....it wasn't even that bad of a start too. Hope Redmond gets another chance.

Persuasion is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 10:40 AM
  #988
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?
Just Beede, and Bickford this year from the AA era. Beede was a hail mary as he had a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Not signing Bickford wasn't a bad idea since you end up with a pick in a stronger 2014 draft. The Blue Jays inability to sign first rounders has been vastly overblown.

On the topic of the draft; with two picks most likely in the top 12 this year, wouldn't it be funny to end up with Beede anyway, and another player like Gatewood.

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 10:59 AM
  #989
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?
the 1st we didn't sign after Beede was this years in Bickford. I know how the baseball draft is and the prospects are nothing like the nhl. Draft slot values is more what my concern is and where I place the value. Being in the top ten of the draft is also pretty valuable. Especially, with our comp pick for not signing Bickford.

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 11:00 AM
  #990
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persuasion View Post
Damn....it wasn't even that bad of a start too. Hope Redmond gets another chance.
I'm sure it was just a move to get another pen arm up for now. Unless Happ is ready for Redmond's next start that's when he'll be called back up

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
  #991
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Just Beede, and Bickford this year from the AA era. Beede was a hail mary as he had a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Not signing Bickford wasn't a bad idea since you end up with a pick in a stronger 2014 draft. The Blue Jays inability to sign first rounders has been vastly overblown.

On the topic of the draft; with two picks most likely in the top 12 this year, wouldn't it be funny to end up with Beede anyway, and another player like Gatewood.
Have their been projections for next years draft class yet? It would be pretty funny to pick up Beede again and sign him for less than what was offered before.

I'll add that with the two losses to the Angels they've jumped ahead of us in the standings. Which is good

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 11:08 AM
  #992
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Have their been projections for next years draft class yet? It would be pretty funny to pick up Beede again and sign him for less than what was offered before.

I'll add that with the two losses to the Angels they've jumped ahead of us in the standings. Which is good
There's bits and pieces of information out there. I know SI ran down some high school juniors turning seniors who had some buzz, like Gatewood, and some would be college juniors who lit it up in 2012\13, like our buddy Tyler.

Regarding Beede, if he has a season like he did in 2012\13, he'll probably get more than the $2.5M he turned down. It would be some funny karma if he did end up getting less though.

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
  #993
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
There's bits and pieces of information out there. I know SI ran down some high school juniors turning seniors who had some buzz, like Gatewood, and some would be college juniors who lit it up in 2012\13, like our buddy Tyler.

Regarding Beede, if he has a season like he did in 2012\13, he'll probably get more than the $2.5M he turned down. It would be some funny karma if he did end up getting less though.
I thought they had offered him more than that.

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 12:34 PM
  #994
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
I think its time to bring in Ozzie Guillen to manage this team full of latin stars. He should be able to get the best out of them and also take the heat of this club with his antics. Mind for all the BS he does he is a winner with a World Series and someone the players would have to respect as they would get called out pretty easily for not being able to play fundamental baseball.

These players are not being held accountable by Gomer Piles aka Gibbons.

Seriously how worse can it be with Ozzie managing.
He's too volitile.

canucksfan is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 12:55 PM
  #995
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
If JJ's knee is so bad I have no idea why they continue to let him play. It's clearly affecting him negatively. It's not like he's helping us right now or that our season hinges on whether or not he can play through it.

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 12:58 PM
  #996
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
If JJ's knee is so bad I have no idea why they continue to let him play. It's clearly affecting him negatively. It's not like he's helping us right now or that our season hinges on whether or not he can play through it.
Even letting Dickey pitch doesn't make too much sense if he is indeed injured.

canucksfan is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
  #997
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Even letting Dickey pitch doesn't make too much sense if he is indeed injured.
To a lesser extent Bautista. He's been grabbing and massaging his lower back for the past month.

Everlong is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  #998
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?

While that's true the Jays are also with a shot at getting a protected pick.

darko is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
  #999
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
While that's true the Jays are also with a shot at getting a protected pick.
Another key consideration

dredeye is online now  
Old
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
  #1000
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
To a lesser extent Bautista. He's been grabbing and massaging his lower back for the past month.
I guess if their gonna go full free fall go all out and dl jj, Jose and dickey. Call up Jenkins and deck and throw Sierra or pillar in the outfield.

dredeye is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.