HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

At least Rasmus and Lawrie are doing well lately

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Aaron Sanchez: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 Ks
Kyle Drabek: 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER (HR), 1 BB, 3 Ks

Deck McGuire came out in relief for Drabek. Interesting if they're now looking at a bullpen role for him since he's struggled for majority of his professional career.
Drabek has been doing well at keeping his walks down which is a huge positive

Old
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captn View Post
Wow, Shi Davidi just tweeted that AA always puts everyone on waivers in August.

Not only did you not know it's been done in the past you apparently don't understand the concept of August waivers.
He doesn't understand much of anything to do with baseball

Old
08-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
So what happens if he actually hits that ball
Vlad Guerrero did it once in a game.

Old
08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
So what happens if he actually hits that ball
He becomes my favourite player

Old
08-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

9 man bullpen! lol, what a team.

Old
08-03-2013, 07:24 AM
ryno23

I think its time to bring in Ozzie Guillen to manage this team full of latin stars. He should be able to get the best out of them and also take the heat of this club with his antics. Mind for all the BS he does he is a winner with a World Series and someone the players would have to respect as they would get called out pretty easily for not being able to play fundamental baseball.

These players are not being held accountable by Gomer Piles aka Gibbons.

Seriously how worse can it be with Ozzie managing.

Old
08-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Redmond sent down, Lincoln recalled.

Old
08-03-2013, 09:27 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
9 man bullpen! lol, what a team.
in fairness the last two starts have eaten up our pen.

Old
08-03-2013, 09:31 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

it's crazy what last nights game did to Delabar's era. I really don't mind the losses at this point at all. This season is about draft position and nothing else at this point in my eyes.

Old
08-03-2013, 09:49 AM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
I think its time to bring in Ozzie Guillen to manage this team full of latin stars. He should be able to get the best out of them and also take the heat of this club with his antics. Mind for all the BS he does he is a winner with a World Series and someone the players would have to respect as they would get called out pretty easily for not being able to play fundamental baseball.

IDK why people think Ozzie is some sort of Latino magician . When Chicago won the world series, there was only 1 Latino that played in the line up every day in Juan Uribe, rest were Americans. Apart from pitching that is

Old
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
thatshype

Quote:
it's crazy what last nights game did to Delabar's era. I really don't mind the losses at this point at all. This season is about draft position and nothing else at this point in my eyes.
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?

Old
08-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Persuasion
Keep Kulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
Redmond sent down, Lincoln recalled.
Damn....it wasn't even that bad of a start too. Hope Redmond gets another chance.

Old
08-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Draft position is such an insignificant consolation prize in the MLB though. Draft is a total crapshoot after just a few picks, and doesn't recent history suggest Jays as being one of the worst at signing our 1st rounders? Somebody will have to refresh my memory, but there were other 1st round hold-outs for us after Beede, right?
Just Beede, and Bickford this year from the AA era. Beede was a hail mary as he had a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Not signing Bickford wasn't a bad idea since you end up with a pick in a stronger 2014 draft. The Blue Jays inability to sign first rounders has been vastly overblown.

On the topic of the draft; with two picks most likely in the top 12 this year, wouldn't it be funny to end up with Beede anyway, and another player like Gatewood.

Old
08-03-2013, 10:59 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
the 1st we didn't sign after Beede was this years in Bickford. I know how the baseball draft is and the prospects are nothing like the nhl. Draft slot values is more what my concern is and where I place the value. Being in the top ten of the draft is also pretty valuable. Especially, with our comp pick for not signing Bickford.

Old
08-03-2013, 11:00 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persuasion View Post
Damn....it wasn't even that bad of a start too. Hope Redmond gets another chance.
I'm sure it was just a move to get another pen arm up for now. Unless Happ is ready for Redmond's next start that's when he'll be called back up

Old
08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Just Beede, and Bickford this year from the AA era. Beede was a hail mary as he had a strong commitment to Vanderbilt. Not signing Bickford wasn't a bad idea since you end up with a pick in a stronger 2014 draft. The Blue Jays inability to sign first rounders has been vastly overblown.

On the topic of the draft; with two picks most likely in the top 12 this year, wouldn't it be funny to end up with Beede anyway, and another player like Gatewood.
Have their been projections for next years draft class yet? It would be pretty funny to pick up Beede again and sign him for less than what was offered before.

I'll add that with the two losses to the Angels they've jumped ahead of us in the standings. Which is good

Old
08-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Have their been projections for next years draft class yet? It would be pretty funny to pick up Beede again and sign him for less than what was offered before.

I'll add that with the two losses to the Angels they've jumped ahead of us in the standings. Which is good
There's bits and pieces of information out there. I know SI ran down some high school juniors turning seniors who had some buzz, like Gatewood, and some would be college juniors who lit it up in 2012\13, like our buddy Tyler.

Regarding Beede, if he has a season like he did in 2012\13, he'll probably get more than the $2.5M he turned down. It would be some funny karma if he did end up getting less though.

Old
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
There's bits and pieces of information out there. I know SI ran down some high school juniors turning seniors who had some buzz, like Gatewood, and some would be college juniors who lit it up in 2012\13, like our buddy Tyler.

Regarding Beede, if he has a season like he did in 2012\13, he'll probably get more than the $2.5M he turned down. It would be some funny karma if he did end up getting less though.
I thought they had offered him more than that.

Old
08-03-2013, 12:34 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post

He's too volitile.

Old
08-03-2013, 12:55 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

If JJ's knee is so bad I have no idea why they continue to let him play. It's clearly affecting him negatively. It's not like he's helping us right now or that our season hinges on whether or not he can play through it.

Old
08-03-2013, 12:58 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
If JJ's knee is so bad I have no idea why they continue to let him play. It's clearly affecting him negatively. It's not like he's helping us right now or that our season hinges on whether or not he can play through it.
Even letting Dickey pitch doesn't make too much sense if he is indeed injured.

Old
08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Even letting Dickey pitch doesn't make too much sense if he is indeed injured.
To a lesser extent Bautista. He's been grabbing and massaging his lower back for the past month.

Old
08-03-2013, 03:02 PM
darko

Quote:

While that's true the Jays are also with a shot at getting a protected pick.

Old
08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
While that's true the Jays are also with a shot at getting a protected pick.
Another key consideration

Old
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
To a lesser extent Bautista. He's been grabbing and massaging his lower back for the past month.
I guess if their gonna go full free fall go all out and dl jj, Jose and dickey. Call up Jenkins and deck and throw Sierra or pillar in the outfield.

Closed Thread