HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

David Bolland or Robbie Schremp?

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 01:41 PM
HabLover

vCash: 500
David Bolland or Robbie Schremp?

Teammattes

Both born in 1986

Both are draft eligible in 2004

and both guys have similar numbers to start 2003/2004

Bolland has quietly put up 28 goals as a 17 yr old

Who is better between the two and what are their weaknesses and strengths?

Old
01-11-2004, 03:11 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Bolland. He's got the smarts and the skills. Excellent penalty killer, and the best player on the Knights, despite getting 2nd powerplay unit time.

David Bolland is better than Schremp and Perry.

Old
01-11-2004, 04:36 PM
rtafts

Send a message via MSN to rtafts
Schremp.

Old
01-11-2004, 04:40 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Bolland. He's got the smarts and the skills. Excellent penalty killer, and the best player on the Knights, despite getting 2nd powerplay unit time.

David Bolland is better than Schremp and Perry.
You see them often?

Old
01-11-2004, 04:54 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
You see them often?
Very often.

Schremp's a treat to watch, but he doesn't like to show up every night in my opinion. At 17, Schremp has two more points than Bolland and six less goals. Bolland is a great penalty killer, and has three of his goals short handed, too. As to who I'd rather have shooting the puck from in tight, it's a toss up. I've seen both players score some very pretty goals. In David Bolland, I see a guy who isn't always the fastest player or the prettiest skater, but he picks his spot and can beat most of the defenceman in the OHL quite easily. To be honest, I expect Schremp to drop in the rankings and Bolland to go quite higher than Corey Perry did last year. Perry is tearing up the league, but I think when all's said and done Bolland will be the more effective NHL-er. Afterall, Perry and his big lanky frame only put seasons of 58 and 78 points prior to being drafted.

Old
01-11-2004, 05:56 PM
MentalPowerHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Very often.

Schremp's a treat to watch, but he doesn't like to show up every night in my opinion. At 17, Schremp has two more points than Bolland and six less goals. Bolland is a great penalty killer, and has three of his goals short handed, too. As to who I'd rather have shooting the puck from in tight, it's a toss up. I've seen both players score some very pretty goals. In David Bolland, I see a guy who isn't always the fastest player or the prettiest skater, but he picks his spot and can beat most of the defenceman in the OHL quite easily. To be honest, I expect Schremp to drop in the rankings and Bolland to go quite higher than Corey Perry did last year. Perry is tearing up the league, but I think when all's said and done Bolland will be the more effective NHL-er. Afterall, Perry and his big lanky frame only put seasons of 58 and 78 points prior to being drafted.
I completely agree, have seen a few Knights games myself and to me Bolland is better than Shremp and Perry. I am not saying Shremp sucks, he looks good too but he has holes in his game, same with Perry, where as Bolland looks like he does everything and he carries his weight offensively.

He plays 3rd line, 2nd pp, and is putting up more goals than Shremp and Perry, while being the teams best PKer and a top defensive forward. He seems quick to me, especially when he needs to be to create chances. Perry and Shremp may have more offensive skills, but Bolland seems to have very high Hockey smarts.

Hype may make most people say Shremp, but those who see Knights games will probably tell you Bolland.

Last edited by MentalPowerHouse: 01-11-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Closed Thread