HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo to the Kings for conditional 2015 5th rounder

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 12:48 AM
  #326
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I check Twitter every morning, but nothing. He's probably in an alcohol induced coma from the Cup though.
I think i read somewhere today the trade for him isnt offical yet. Dan would still have to pass a phyical in order for the trade to be offical. Maybes hes waiting till hes passed that first and same with others saying welcome

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:23 AM
  #327
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 31,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think i read somewhere today the trade for him isnt offical yet. Dan would still have to pass a phyical in order for the trade to be offical. Maybes hes waiting till hes passed that first and same with others saying welcome
Yes, that's true. It's all pending on a physical.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:00 AM
  #328
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,346
vCash: 500
if 5'11" 203 is intimidating ... well you need to grow a pair... if another team has a problem with the guy match up a heavy weight with him... he's dumb enough to go.... hell even Clifford tossed him around... He is a joke that's why it cost the kings a 6th... but if he starts 6 games and injures 6 players on the sharks for the season I guess it was worth it...

51 games 4 goals... isn't bad for 2 seasons... ROFL

Would love to see him on the second line... Keep Carter on his toes... (joke)

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/wait-...isnt-official/

“That said, in terms of Danny, the way he plays kind of fits our M.O. He’s certainly gone over the line at times in his career, but all the research we did on him as a person… he’s started to mature in that regard, where he probably went over the edge too much early in his career. But, clearly he’s a guy that provides you with juice, energy, he’s tough. The thing about it is, we’ve seen he’s capable playing with good players. He played with Carter and Richards in Philly, and this year he was on a line with Hossa and Sharp, I believe. So, he has that versatility where he can play a lot of positions for you and move up and play with skilled guys and be a piece of their line by providing space and energy.

Well now if DL is really looking at putting this guy on the second line.... can't wait to see how this goes...


Last edited by Trolfoli: 07-19-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
  #329
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Isn't it strange that the players haven't welcomed him yet and that Carcillo hasn't made a comment? Hmm
Kopi tweeted him yesterday


Anze Kopitar ✔ @AnzeKopitar @CarBombBoom13 welcome to lala land big guy...
and Eddie Van Halen's son is very excited..

Daniel Carcillo ✔ @CarBombBoom13 “@WolfVanHalen: Freaking STOKED that my great buddy @CarBombBoom13 is now on the @LAKings!!!!!” You and me both brother!! #boom #woh

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
  #330
Ron*
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 500
Deal is still contingent on Carcillo passing a physical. It's not official yet.

Ron* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:15 PM
  #331
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 31,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
if 5'11" 203 is intimidating ... well you need to grow a pair... if another team has a problem with the guy match up a heavy weight with him... he's dumb enough to go.... hell even Clifford tossed him around... He is a joke that's why it cost the kings a 6th... but if he starts 6 games and injures 6 players on the sharks for the season I guess it was worth it...

51 games 4 goals... isn't bad for 2 seasons... ROFL

Would love to see him on the second line... Keep Carter on his toes... (joke)

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/wait-...isnt-official/

“That said, in terms of Danny, the way he plays kind of fits our M.O. He’s certainly gone over the line at times in his career, but all the research we did on him as a person… he’s started to mature in that regard, where he probably went over the edge too much early in his career. But, clearly he’s a guy that provides you with juice, energy, he’s tough. The thing about it is, we’ve seen he’s capable playing with good players. He played with Carter and Richards in Philly, and this year he was on a line with Hossa and Sharp, I believe. So, he has that versatility where he can play a lot of positions for you and move up and play with skilled guys and be a piece of their line by providing space and energy.

Well now if DL is really looking at putting this guy on the second line.... can't wait to see how this goes...

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:34 PM
  #332
gtwyc
FlyingHeadButts4All
 
gtwyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
if 5'11" 203 is intimidating ... well you need to grow a pair... if another team has a problem with the guy match up a heavy weight with him... he's dumb enough to go.... hell even Clifford tossed him around... He is a joke that's why it cost the kings a 6th... but if he starts 6 games and injures 6 players on the sharks for the season I guess it was worth it...

51 games 4 goals... isn't bad for 2 seasons... ROFL

Would love to see him on the second line... Keep Carter on his toes... (joke)

EDIT

From Mayor's manor

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/wait-...isnt-official/

“That said, in terms of Danny, the way he plays kind of fits our M.O. He’s certainly gone over the line at times in his career, but all the research we did on him as a person… he’s started to mature in that regard, where he probably went over the edge too much early in his career. But, clearly he’s a guy that provides you with juice, energy, he’s tough. The thing about it is, we’ve seen he’s capable playing with good players. He played with Carter and Richards in Philly, and this year he was on a line with Hossa and Sharp, I believe. So, he has that versatility where he can play a lot of positions for you and move up and play with skilled guys and be a piece of their line by providing space and energy.

Well now if DL is really looking at putting this guy on the second line.... can't wait to see how this goes...
well just dont draft him on your fantasy team. our team needs an element of "goonery" or at least someone who can deal with the perrons galliardi's and perrys of our division.

the heavyweights are no longer needed in todays game.


Last edited by gtwyc: 07-19-2013 at 01:41 PM.
gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
  #333
sinister6000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Carcillo will play the 4th line. And Clifford will move up the depth chart and replace Penner and D Kings role. Because of Cliffords concussion problems he won't fight as much as before, Carcillo will take over the enforcer role.

sinister6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:04 PM
  #334
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister6000 View Post
Carcillo will play the 4th line. And Clifford will move up the depth chart and replace Penner and D Kings role. Because of Cliffords concussion problems he won't fight as much as before, Carcillo will take over the enforcer role.
I have a suspicion that Carcillo will be on the second line... Really hope I'm not right.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:17 PM
  #335
BigBrown
Fly at eleven.
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
I have a suspicion that Carcillo will be on the second line... Really hope I'm not right.
I'm sure Carcillo will get some time in the top 6, but so did Richardson, Clifford and King. I doubt it will be anything permanent. It can be an effective method to provide a spark to jumpstart a slumping line.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:52 AM
  #336
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Here's a pretty good video of Dan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN51MoRsamw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxf7Vpz73I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6fadQWyMU8

Cool video of the guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvwNSmqhN8

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:19 AM
  #337
saintsnsoldiers
GO KINGS GO
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arizona, Tucson
Country: United States
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Any interviews yet from gorilla salad car bomb yet

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
  #338
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer
 
BallPointHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Here's a pretty good video of Dan:

.....

Cool video of the guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvwNSmqhN8
Mike is, in fact, awesome.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:50 PM
  #339
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,833
vCash: 500
The mayor is reporting it's done now.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
  #340
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 31,467
vCash: 500
.....

Quote:
@mayorNHL 52m
Per #LAKings ... the trade for Dan Carcillo is now complete. Feel free to welcome @CarBombBoom13 to LA.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:23 PM
  #341
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Meow-ntain
Posts: 33,429
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
..Per #LAKings ... the trade for Dan Carcillo is now complete. Feel free to welcome @CarBombBoom13 to LA....
ok, so the next question is when is the press conference and will it feature a 22 topping potato bar?

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
  #342
KingKopitar11*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,396
vCash: 500
Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:29 PM
  #343
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Meow-ntain
Posts: 33,429
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.
It's not easy to have 22 toppings ready to go for a potato bar

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
  #344
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,319
vCash: 500
Why is he called carbomb anyway? Anyone have any roots to his nickname?

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:39 PM
  #345
kingsfan
Yes my liege!
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.
Maybe he was out of the country, funeral, trying out for Dancing With the Stars (the definition of 'star' seems to get weaker each year).

Maybe the medical staff was on holidays. Who knows.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:40 PM
  #346
kingsfan
Yes my liege!
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Why is he called carbomb anyway? Anyone have any roots to his nickname?
Likely something dumb, like his name starts with 'Car' and he thinks he throws bombs for punches.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:41 PM
  #347
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Why did it take so long to have this deal go through. Was he physically inept or what.
Yea, it took him 2 weeks to do 10 pull-ups...

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:19 PM
  #348
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Why is he called carbomb anyway? Anyone have any roots to his nickname?
Riley Cote gave it to him at a golf tourny, it's because he tends to explode, aka 'go off' when he's upset.

This is from and ESPN interview in Aug 2011

Even by NHL standards, his "Car Bomb" nickname is pretty unique.


"I was at a golf tournament and they were trying to figure out a nickname and [former Flyer] Riley Cote came up with car bomb and it stuck ever since," Carcillo said. "The way I play and my personality, you know something can set me off so that's why they came up with that nickname."

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:42 PM
  #349
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Riley Cote gave it to him at a golf tourny, it's because he tends to explode, aka 'go off' when he's upset.

This is from and ESPN interview in Aug 2011

Even by NHL standards, his "Car Bomb" nickname is pretty unique.


"I was at a golf tournament and they were trying to figure out a nickname and [former Flyer] Riley Cote came up with car bomb and it stuck ever since," Carcillo said. "The way I play and my personality, you know something can set me off so that's why they came up with that nickname."
So you're saying there is no chance he takes undisciplined penalties then....

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
  #350
MsMeow
Registered User
 
MsMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,361
vCash: 500
I'm watching Flyers/Bruins game 6 in the 2010 playoffs. Carbomb/Richie/Gags all on the same line and they're really good together.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.