HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I would have brought bernie for the last 15m. Just to get a taste. Iapichino sucks so much... he is a non offensive version of m-a bergeron lol.
Most accurate description of iapichino lol

Old
08-03-2013, 10:44 PM
JunglePete

When will the Arnaud bashing stop? He is not the best, but he is clearly not the responsible for our soft defense. Ferrari sucks nowadays it seems like he doesnt give a **** no more and Camara . I missed the game but highlights were enough. Anyway its not normal that Brovsky is our goalscorer.

Old
08-03-2013, 10:49 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Take it for what you will but I can tell you guys that Arnaud, Paponi, and especially Ferrari are playing injured/banged up.

Nesta was working out in the weight room for most of the week (not much, if any, game practice).. Hopefully his injury isn't serious.

Old
08-04-2013, 08:41 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Awful game, awful loss. Move on to the next one.

Old
08-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Awful game, awful loss. Move on to the next one.
I dont think we are out of our slump... maybe once piscu and berni settle in. I dont see any signs that show me otherwise.

Old
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
The movement and aggression in the midfield is not there. They had a good 5 minutes at the start of the game and 5 minutes after Brovsky's goal.

They sit back and do not try and attack or win balls in the midfield. We can blame Arnaud and Iapachino until we are blue in the face but the truth is the rest of the team played so poorly we would have lost again the reserve TFC team last night.

Old
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
When will the Arnaud bashing stop? He is not the best, but he is clearly not the responsible for our soft defense. Ferrari sucks nowadays it seems like he doesnt give a **** no more and Camara . I missed the game but highlights were enough. Anyway its not normal that Brovsky is our goalscorer.
Brovsky is my favourite Impact player, but it isn't normal that, npt only he was our only goal scorer, but by far our best player yesterday. He is our Josh Gorges, not our PK Subban (I used.Habs players out of respect for you my friends )

Old
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
The season went to **** when Arnaud came back. He is day in day out the worst player on the field every single time and is also as payed as a DP on the cap. Our 3 midfielders have got to be Bernandello/Bernier/Felipe, to hell with Arnaud.

Old
08-04-2013, 02:29 PM
gelu88

Meh. Too soon to panic.

We have only now rejoined the pack on a PPG basis. We still lead the league on that front, albeit just barely. It's a level playing field for the top 10 spots in the league. We have as good a chance as anyone.

Hernan and Piscu seem to have come in at a perfect time. If they can come in over the next 2 games they could massively help us.

Piscu over Nesta, hopefully putting Iapachino out permanently and Hernan over Arnaud.

I was not able to focus too much on Smith yesterday, was he any good?

Old
08-04-2013, 03:58 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The season went to **** when Arnaud came back. He is day in day out the worst player on the field every single time and is also as payed as a DP on the cap. Our 3 midfielders have got to be Bernandello/Bernier/Felipe, to hell with Arnaud.
Exactly.

At the same time most of our wingers have become ****. Pisanu, Romero are worthless, there is the young Brazilian guy who hasn't play at all yet. Nyassi is just not a starter so you are left with only Mapp and Smith who are doing a good job most of the time.
Makes it hard to do a proper rotation with only 2 good players there.

Felipe had a lot of worthless game too. So when you have Arnaud and Felipe doing nothing in the midfield you are left with Bernier who is overplayed and who have to do everything.

A lack of a proper rotation didn't help either.

I would go back to 4-4-2
with Di Vaio and Paponi up front. (wenger sub)
Smith and Mapp on the wings (Nyassi as a sub for the end game)
Bernier and Hernan (when ready) in the midfield (Felipe Sub)
Defenders Brovsky CB(Rotation of Ferrari, Piscu, Nesta) Camara

With Bernier and Hernan in the midfield you can now have a rotation with Felipe instead of having to bring players like Arnaud or Warner.

With Piscu we will be able to rotate the CB, something we lack before too.

Old
08-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Captain Saku

Smith didnt start and he was just okay the time he played.

Our scouting and recruiting needs a lot of work.

Major flops on the signings of Rivas (it was well known he had major injuries issues), Iapichino, Romero, Pisanu and Rodriguez. That's too many failures in one season and a half.

Old
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

Major flops on the signings of Rivas (it was well known he had major injuries issues), Iapichino, Romero, Pisanu and Rodriguez. That's too many failures in one season and a half.
Only failures right now are Pisanu and Iapichino.

Rivas is a beast when healthy. Romero is good but inconsistent. Rodriguez hasn't even played a game... how is he a failure?

Old
08-04-2013, 04:25 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post

Rivas is a beast when healthy. Romero is good but inconsistent. Rodriguez hasn't even played a game... how is he a failure?
We can't judge Rodriguez yet.

Next season if im right we have the option to part with Romero, Pisanu, Rivas, Iapichino and Arnaud.

4 international spot that you free right there 5 if you count Nesta. Plus you free up important cap space for next season.

Last edited by RoadTotheCup: 08-04-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old
08-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

Rivas is a failure because he played 0 game this season so far and played barely 12 games last season. I'm well aware of his abilities, it's not him who's a failure but his signing.

Romero is more a disapointment than a failure. He couldn't crack an Argentinian 2nd league squad, I think we should've aimed for better than that for a starter.

Rodriguez is a waste so far, I haven't watched him play, but I wonder what was the plan of bringing him here and waste an intl spot for someone who wasnt going to play. Will see what happens with him next year.

Old
08-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:

+1

What on earth happened to Pisanu he is off the map. He can't actually be this bad can he?

Old
08-04-2013, 05:20 PM
_vivelequebec_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

Add Braun, Wahl, Gardner, Thomas, Ricketts, Corradi and Arnaud (who was traded for Sinovic).

Old
08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
_vivelequebec_

Quote:

He's on loan until the end of this season. On loan. He hasn't play yet.. 1+1.

Old
08-04-2013, 05:58 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
+1

What on earth happened to Pisanu he is off the map. He can't actually be this bad can he?
Horrible conditioning. He's also missing home a lot so don't expect him to be back next season.

Romero is also in pretty bad shape. He struggles to finish practice workouts.

Old
08-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
Add Braun, Wahl, Gardner, Thomas, Ricketts, Corradi and Arnaud (who was traded for Sinovic).
I meant for intl players. And the above picks except for Corradi were all brought by Marsch. Corradi was not bad the games he played.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:04 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Brovsky is my favourite Impact player, but it isn't normal that, npt only he was our only goal scorer, but by far our best player yesterday. He is our Josh Gorges, not our PK Subban (I used.Habs players out of respect for you my friends )
It's not like Letang can defend anyway.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Horrible conditioning. He's also missing home a lot so don't expect him to be back next season.

Romero is also in pretty bad shape. He struggles to finish practice workouts.
That's interesting. I guess it really is the philosophy of management to play their "top players" as much as possible.

They have not really rested players like Nesta, Camara, Bernier, etc. - I feel like they are really being run into the ground.

Perhaps Warner, Wenger, Mallace (I know he is gone now) etc. are not as good but I think if they were rotated properly some of these guys could have been rested more.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Rumcajs

I feel like Mapp must have some sort of clause in his contract about playing time. Every time he has the ball he either:

1. gets pushed off the ball
2. elects not to pass to Di Vaio
3. shoots the ball on net with the strength of a 12 year old.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
I feel like Mapp must have some sort of clause in his contract about playing time. Every time he has the ball he either:

1. gets pushed off the ball
2. elects not to pass to Di Vaio
3. shoots the ball on net with the strength of a 12 year old.

He had his worst game of the season last night but generally this year he has been really good.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:54 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
Thomas, Corradi werent flops. Thomas was average and Corradi was our best goalscorer for a while.
I dont understand why we released Arguez without even playing him once, he was a good prospect back in Germany

Old
08-05-2013, 07:10 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
It's not like Letang can defend anyway.
Oh, he can defend just fine, just not in the playoffs. Well, nobody on the Pens can defend during the playoffs. We are due for a big group therapy. Maybe Iapichino could join us on the couch haha.

Closed Thread