HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Marc-Andre Fleury to see Sports Psychologist

Old
08-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Jacob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
[shrink]Now Marc Andre... I want you to tell me what was going through your mind at this moment...[/shrink]

Jesus.. I'm no goalie, but that's gotta be the worst technique I've ever seen.

Bylsma was on the Madden Show (maybe it was a replay I dunno) and I thought he was pretty direct when it came to Fleury and didn't sugar coat anything. He brought up how terrible Fleury's numbers are in the playoffs since 09 and basically said the onus is on him to correct his focus and mental preparedness.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Fire Shero*

Shero is going to lock Fleury in a room and make him watch Stuart Smalley

Last edited by Fire Shero*: 08-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:04 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post

Bylsma was on the Madden Show (maybe it was a replay I dunno) and I thought he was pretty direct when it came to Fleury and didn't sugar coat anything. He brought up how terrible Fleury's numbers are in the playoffs since 09 and basically said the onus is on him to correct his focus and mental preparedness.
The thing that gets me in that video besides the obvious of him down in the butter fly FACING THE WRONG WAY... is the fact that he has his glove hand up in the air as if even if the isles player lifted the puck like it would matter or have a change of going on the net.

In that instance even if he is already way out of position why wouldnt that glove be on the ice and hugging the **** out of that post / side of the net ON THE ICE where the puck has a chance (and did) bank in off him.

Ughhhh just so much UGHHHHHH from him...

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:06 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:

Also his rebound control is SO laughably bad he actually kicks the puck in the net off of his own pad... GOOD LORD!

Old
08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
The thing that gets me in that video besides the obvious of him down in the butter fly FACING THE WRONG WAY... is the fact that he has his glove hand up in the air as if even if the isles player lifted the puck like it would matter or have a change of going on the net.

In that instance even if he is already way out of position why wouldnt that glove be on the ice and hugging the **** out of that post / side of the net ON THE ICE where the puck has a chance (and did) bank in off him.

Ughhhh just so much UGHHHHHH from him...
it really looks like he doesn't know he's facing backwards and his goal is to not let the puck get behind him. He is trying to cover the net as if it is still behind him. That's why his glove is up and that's why he makes a kick save.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Til the End of Time

is that gif goal above the worst goal fleury has ever allowed?

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerz View Post
Shero is going to lock Fleury in a room and make him watch Stuart Smalley

Old
08-03-2013, 11:22 AM
L4vK

I am not a penguin fan so I have a limited view on the situation. However, I think ever since Talbot left, Fleury was not the same.

L4vK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4vK View Post
I am not a penguin fan so I have a limited view on the situation. However, I think ever since Talbot left, Fleury was not the same.
Talbot was here in 2010. Also, that's quite a leap to connect the two things I don't think Talbot was doing much in this regard.

"ok Flower, don't kick pucks into your own net."

"Why not Max?"

"Because that's a goal against us, Marc."

"Oh, I forgot. Thanks Max!"

"Chiki chi chi"

Old
08-03-2013, 11:26 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
it really looks like he doesn't know he's facing backwards and his goal is to not let the puck get behind him. He is trying to cover the net as if it is still behind him. That's why his glove is up and that's why he makes a kick save.
If thats the case we might have even a bigger problem with MAF he just might be blind!

Old
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
If thats the case we might have even a bigger problem with MAF he just might be blind!
well he probably knew he was facing backwards. But it didn't register in his brain that he needed to do anything differently because of it. He is clearly set up as if he is facing a shooter in front of the net.

Old
08-03-2013, 12:03 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
I would say so, but there was also that short-handed goal from the Flyers series where he reverse-saved the "shot". That goal in particular was as embarrassing as it was back-breaking to that series since the Pens actually had momentum (and the lead) up until that point. When people say that series loss was a "team effort", well, some stepped up more than others:

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
I would say so, but there was also that short-handed goal from the Flyers series where he reverse-saved the "shot". That goal in particular was as embarrassing as it was back-breaking to that series since the Pens actually had momentum (and the lead) up until that point. When people say that series loss was a "team effort", well, some stepped up more than others:

that one really was bad. It was really bad execution. But he was at least in the right spot facing the right direction

Old
08-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Jacob

Quote:
He was knocking pucks into his own net in the 09 Finals too.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
He was knocking pucks into his own net in the 09 Finals too.
And 08, right?

Old
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Pens Junky

'08 was brutal... especially against the Wings.

Really happy the dude is seeing a psychologist. I'd love to see him prove the naysayers wrong... one time! Guy is entering his prime... time to start playing your best hockey Marc!

Pens Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens Junky View Post
'08 was brutal... especially against the Wings.

Really happy the dude is seeing a psychologist. I'd love to see him prove the naysayers wrong... one time! Guy is entering his prime... time to start playing your best hockey Marc!
08 was some tremendous goaltending for the most part. Then again, we pretty much trounced everybody in the eastern conference.

Old
08-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Pens Junky

I agree... he was solid that entire playoffs till the finals... he was like a turtle hiding in his shell...

Pens Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens Junky View Post
I agree... he was solid that entire playoffs till the finals... he was like a turtle hiding in his shell...
He was good in the finals too. The Penguins were 2-2 in games when they actually managed to score a goal. Fleury was a leading Conn Smythe candidate if the Penguins won the cup that year. None of that matters now of course, whatever he had in the '08 and '09 playoffs he's currently lost.

PensFanSince1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
I'd say so. It was that goal where my mindset towards MAF had completely shifted. He turns into a mental midget when the games get big.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:

I think we can all see MAFs problems but if Disco can't see how bad his defensive system is, how the better teams eat it alive and how EVERY defensemen that plays in it has long spans of looking like garbage... then he really does need to go. This is coming from a supporter.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
That's not true. We can trace bad goals and him being a head case back to his time in WB.

I blame the Pens almost 100% when it comes to MAF. From throwing him to the wolves as a rookie, to yoyoing him up and down, to not giving him a goalie coach, to seeing there's a problem and only giving him a part time goalie coach.... I thought the Pens blamed CP for being stuck in the 80's yet we see the same garbage still going on.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:54 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
That's not true. We can trace bad goals and him being a head case back to his time in WB.

I blame the Pens almost 100% when it comes to MAF. From throwing him to the wolves as a rookie, to yoyoing him up and down, to not giving him a goalie coach, to seeing there's a problem and only giving him a part time goalie coach.... I thought the Pens blamed CP for being stuck in the 80's yet we see the same garbage still going on.
Hell, you can trace them back to juniors.

Old
08-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I still don't think coaching has anything to do with some of his mistakes. He knows not to turn backwards like that. He knows what he should do instead. He just loses his mind.

Old
08-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:

I don't know but shouldn't Bylsma/Shero get some heat about it, too? I mean Bylsma is bringing this up in the summer of 2013. this is waaaaaaaaaay to late.

Human is offline   Reply With Quote