08-04-2013, 05:40 PM
hockey365

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Dollard is the worst place to be.

Then Montreal.

I don't think you have it as bad.
You should understand, this is my opinion of 5-6 yrs ago, when my boys were in that organization. At that time, from my perspective, North Shore was politicized like you couldn't believe it.

So much so that LSL benefited the presence of 2 top players......

- Some parents "sponsored the organization" thousands for their kids to play Bantam AA. And NO, their kid didn't have the talent to be there, not even as a 2nd yr
- $$ dissapearing from the organization, 2 got charged
- Fathers fighting in the stand, in a Bantam AA camp
- Organization blacklisting some kids, based on social status (daddy had $$ or not)
- Goalies not being invited, if they didn't go to the organization's goalie camp.
- etc....

So, you be the judge..... And these are the things I know....

Old
08-04-2013, 06:05 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSeeker View Post
Really? I`m sure my kid won`t be haunted forever he doesn`t play PWAAA/AA.
If he is good enough, he will have 2 more years to prove that in Bantam without having to fork over anywhere between 2K to 6k in PWAAA/AA. If he`s good then he`s good.... PWAAA/AA or not. Bantam is another story, Midget AAA is based on performance in Bantam, not PeeWee.... I agree if you want to get on the Midget AAA radar then Bantam AA/AAA is a must... PWAA/AAA... not so much.

"IN GENERAL AND IF THE KIDS COMPARED ARE EQUAL IN ATHLETISM" If you think a kid who plays 2 yrs Pee-Wee AA/AAA won't have a competitive advantage over a kid who played H.S hockey or BB for 2 yrs, when he gets to Bantam, I'll let you live in your denial!

There is a reason why HQ is implementing this program, it's to provide better training and better preparation not to make $$. In Toronto, the same levels are $5k-$8K!

Just look at the young men that you know who were drafted this past June. How many didn't play summer AAA hockey and/or didn't do extra work??? None!!!

Therefore, if everything else is equal, if a kid receives 2 additional hours of training per week, per season, for 4 yrs, that kid will be better prepared for Midget.

My point is, if your kid is good enough to make Pee-wee AA/AAA from the get go and $$ is not a problem and he has the goods to go far, why not get this training over 4 yrs?

Anynow, my opinion....

Old
08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
You should understand, this is my opinion of 5-6 yrs ago, when my boys were in that organization. At that time, from my perspective, North Shore was politicized like you couldn't believe it.

So much so that LSL benefited the presence of 2 top players......

- Some parents "sponsored the organization" thousands for their kids to play Bantam AA. And NO, their kid didn't have the talent to be there, not even as a 2nd yr
- $$ dissapearing from the organization, 2 got charged
- Fathers fighting in the stand, in a Bantam AA camp
- Organization blacklisting some kids, based on social status (daddy had $$ or not)
- Goalies not being invited, if they didn't go to the organization's goalie camp.
- etc....

So, you be the judge..... And these are the things I know....
Wow.

Drouin and Duclair both played JR lions btw...

Old
08-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Hockey RUS

There is a big difference between Peewee and Bantam. The reason is there is no Sports Etudes option.

In Bantam here is the reality on the community side. I am very familiar with Versant ouest and 2 of the top 2000 forwards (if not 3) all have left the system for school programs over last 3 years. Lakeshore's is losing the big gun plus 2 other strong forwards to Sports Etudes or private schools. Same on the defense side. The community team for Bantam is going to be challenged in getting strong 2000s.

Same issue will happen when the PeeWee group (2001) goes into Bantam. There will be a significant loss of top talent.

Sports Etudes will be very aggressive in poaching the top players in years to come.

Anyone who posts that the costs will be no more than regular double letters is blowing smoke. Paid coaches and paid trainers adds up.

Peewee kids may be able to manage the elite system commitment requirements. Different story in Bantam.

Old
08-05-2013, 11:55 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Everyone knows that the SE side is going to be loaded.

The LBC lost a ton of credibility and power when it was announced that JRHS'S was getting 2 teams.

We all know they're pissed about losing him, and the trickle was going to happen.

Btw, VO kids dropped out of Bantam because they don't want to play Vipers hockey cause its awful, you can bet they'll go to the SE team.

The LBC lost a lot of power and can't touch SE kids...

However, only so many spots are available in AAA.

The community will be above average, but the SE team should be considered a threat for the Dodge Cup. Lots of talent there.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Wow.

Drouin and Duclair both played JR lions btw...
Yes I know, it's because of them that my son got to know the JR Lions.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
There is a big difference between Peewee and Bantam. The reason is there is no Sports Etudes option.

In Bantam here is the reality on the community side. I am very familiar with Versant ouest and 2 of the top 2000 forwards (if not 3) all have left the system for school programs over last 3 years. Lakeshore's is losing the big gun plus 2 other strong forwards to Sports Etudes or private schools. Same on the defense side. The community team for Bantam is going to be challenged in getting strong 2000s.

Same issue will happen when the PeeWee group (2001) goes into Bantam. There will be a significant loss of top talent.

Sports Etudes will be very aggressive in poaching the top players in years to come.

Anyone who posts that the costs will be no more than regular double letters is blowing smoke. Paid coaches and paid trainers adds up.

Peewee kids may be able to manage the elite system commitment requirements. Different story in Bantam.
Question:

I had understood one of the issues this structure was suppose to fix, is to increase the amount of ice time for PW & Btm AA/AAA per week. More structured training and more consistant. As someone said here, for the PW AA/AAA 2 ice and 2 off-ice training per week.

Understanding that JRHS has plenty of ice, wouldn't the city's PW & Btm AA/AAA increase their ice time as well??? If not, JRHS has an advantage.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Hockey RUS

The standards are set by hockey quebec. So Bantam has to have 3 on ice practices per week plus 2 off ice. That is intense. No time for other sports. This is an all in commitment.

It will work for some but, not for others.

The parents will have high expectations of the coaches and WILL NOT take kindly to spending what they will spend to have their kids ride the bench. and some kids will ride the bench.

Old
08-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Hockey RUS

Hats off by the way to Arsenal AAA for having the "transparency" to publish the list of those who made their main camp.

Lets hope the Lions side posts a list of their PWAAA/AA and Bantam AAA/AA camp invites.

It boggles my mind that the Lions side made a list without having one scrimmage. Arsenal had scrimmages and exhibition games in April to select their players.

Lions process was apparently a bunch of technical coordinators negotiating a list.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Thebesthockey

for your info

follow link

pre-season games have been schedualed
pww/BT AA & AAA

good luck to all

http://www.lheq.ca/fr/stats/2013-201...-st-louis-nord

first tournament for pw AAA and Bt AAA sept 12-15th

Old
08-06-2013, 11:59 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Interesting.. Good test for the North though.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Hockey RUS

Anyone know if the AA teams (Peewee and Bantam) will be mainly made up of first years. I am hearing different things. For example, a 2nd year late cut for AAA...do they play AA? or is it possible 2nd years cut from AAA drop all the way to BB.

I am sure the BB teams/tryouts at the community level are all in flux now.

Old
08-07-2013, 11:01 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Peewee BB will be fun to watch.

Old
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
RBZ

Quote:
Peewee BB will be fun to watch.
Agree. I think there will be a huge disparity between all BB teams this year. Some AA teams may want only first years, so the last cuts from AAA who are second year may fall to BB.

Each organization will have different standards as always. I would just go with the best player available, if it is a tie between a first and second year, I would take the first year player.

Old
08-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Thebesthockey

Test for LSL north ?

if conquerants shows up with all their players
this team (pwAAA) has 95% returning from pwAA last yr
easily 3 of top 5 (2001's) in Quebec (should have been bumped to BTAA)...
hands down Dodge cup champs...wont even be funny
good luck

Old
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Hockey RUS

Interesting dynamic developing. A good number of parents saying no to AAA/AA in PW and Bantam. If anyone is surprised, they should not be. I was at the arena yesterday to pick up my son from a camp and a couple of parents were rattling off names to me who said no so I assume it is more than just 1 or 2.

Kids applying to high school next year are seriously looking at Sports Etudes as the viable option in the long run.

Old
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
Test for LSL north ?

if conquerants shows up with all their players
this team (pwAAA) has 95% returning from pwAA last yr
easily 3 of top 5 (2001's) in Quebec (should have been bumped to BTAA)...
hands down Dodge cup champs...wont even be funny
good luck
Conquerant will win all their games. 2 of those 2001's could easily dominate bantam AAA. Them staying in peewee makes absolutely no sense.

Going to be a wasted year for those players.

Old
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
Interesting dynamic developing. A good number of parents saying no to AAA/AA in PW and Bantam. If anyone is surprised, they should not be. I was at the arena yesterday to pick up my son from a camp and a couple of parents were rattling off names to me who said no so I assume it is more than just 1 or 2.

Kids applying to high school next year are seriously looking at Sports Etudes as the viable option in the long run.
Heard the same thing. Pee-Wee BB will be very good in most communities.

Old
08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

SE is less political.

Old
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Thebesthockey

RBZ:

correction

lets not get ahead of oneself

dominate not even close in BTAAA....this level 99's we are talking about average 5' 9 165lbs + + in BT AAA

fit right/compete in at BT AA? ...yes....agreed.

Old
08-07-2013, 03:28 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
RBZ:

correction

lets not get ahead of oneself

dominate not even close in BTAAA....this level 99's we are talking about average 5' 9 165lbs + + in BT AAA

fit right/compete in at BT AA? ...yes....agreed.
I will stand by my assessment of them dominating Bantam AAA/ at worst being top 5 on their own teams. More then enough reason for them to be in Bantam this year.

They have competed against 99's before and were above average then.
In November when they are averaging 5 points a game, people will be saying why weren't they sur-classed?

Old
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Hockey RUS

My view is different in Bantam than PeeWee.

Very dangerous to send a team of 2000s into Bantam AA. If you have a talented player going into Bantam who has a shot at Bantam AAA skill wise, I believe they need to be at Bantam BB level to be ready for AAA the year after.

My concern is that some squads out there (AA) will be there to win at all costs. So you will see the 175 ilb monsters hammering the skilled but small 1st years.

Unless a child is physically ready as a 1st year in Bantam they should stay out of the elite category. The problem is that in Bantam BB, the associations run things. So the Bantam BB coach will be there to win and load up on 2nd years.

What happens is that a talented 1st year...not physically ready for AA/AAA ends up getting dumped into the Hell's Kitchen known as CC.

In Peewee it is different as the physical play impact is nowhere what it is like in Bantam.

Hockey Quebec could have avoided this by going major/minor across the board.

Old
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The kids were scoring 5 points a game as first years ?

The surclass process is only for 2nd years, and it would start at tryouts. It's not over.

BL are big on development, wouldn't be surprised if they kids are surclassed.

However, BL is just down right loaded in Bantam AA and AAA.... These kids have to be great to make it.

How's their Peewee AA shaping up ?

AAA I know they're the favorites.

I think a few people will start to change their tune about AA/AAA once details do emerge, but because its so hush-hush, they'll lose kids for this year.

Old
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
RBZ

Quote:
The kids were scoring 5 points a game as first years ?

The surclass process is only for 2nd years, and it would start at tryouts. It's not over.

BL are big on development, wouldn't be surprised if they kids are surclassed.

However, BL is just down right loaded in Bantam AA and AAA.... These kids have to be great to make it.

How's their Peewee AA shaping up ?

AAA I know they're the favorites.

I think a few people will start to change their tune about AA/AAA once details do emerge, but because its so hush-hush, they'll lose kids for this year.
I stated that if they stayed in peewee they will average minimum 5 points per game. As first years they averaged over 2 points a game.

This will now be their 3rd year of peewee if they are not surclassed. Let's return to this conversation in November. As for now, let's be happy we have AAA now, but I think they should go Minor/Major. In a few years I see them doing that.

Old
08-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Thebesthockey

RBZ
you are also stating that they should play with 99's ? 2 years up ?

Have you seen the BT AAA play last year ? have you been to a bantam camp AAA/AA this year ?

sorry but what are you even remotely reffering to ? to be able to say they would dominate on "their" Bantam AAA team ?

must be an extremely weak BT AAA ??

even the best 2000's will be hard pressed to play an "impact" role on BTAAA....this year (except for 2 or 3 of them)

ex: except for a first year in Richelieu last year (99 on 98' AAA team) performed well...rest of the 99's did not even come close in performing in AAA last year..yet they dominated in PWAA yr before

now you want kids to skip 2 yrs ahead and give an advantage of 4-6 inches and 45-60 pounds difference in full contact ??

be serious....

Closed Thread