HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - 'Damn, that's a cold-ass Danish' Edition

Old
08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
DD will center the 1st PP unit once again with Max Pacioretty LW and Rene Bourque RW (his natural position) as his linemates and Markov with Subban at the points.

Signing Briere to a two year contract, presumably for his expertise on the PP. He'll be at RW, working the halfboards and Lars will be taking the draws with Galchenyuk at LW on the 2nd unit. Leaving Diaz and Gorges to man the points until Emelin is ready to assume Gorges point position.

The only purpose in the Briere signing, besides his PP acumen and playoff intensity, appears to be passing his veteran knowledge on to both Galchenyuk and Eller. By the end of Briere's contract in two years, the Habs brass can be confident that both Alex and Lars schooling will be completed.

At that point in time (2015/2016 season) the Habs will be looking to move a couple of veteran centers, most likely keeping Plekanec as their 3rd line center for his defensive capabilities. Bournival, Crisp, Dumont and Naatinen would vie for the 4th line center position, presuming the Habs don't trade or draft a higher quality center between now and then.

So now that I've really muddied the water, I see Lars being the future #2 center for the Habs starting in 2015/2016, barring injury or trade, simply put. Also glad to hear that Lars is packing on muscle again this off-season, to a whopping 220lbs. with two months left in the summer. The Habs center position has become a strength since the Eller - Halak trade and will soon provide the Habs with the spearhead for a very potent offence in the drive for 25!

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 06:50 PM
LeHaboholique

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
DD will center the 1st PP unit once again with Max Pacioretty LW and Rene Bourque RW (his natural position) as his linemates and Markov with Subban at the points.

Signing Briere to a two year contract, presumably for his expertise on the PP. He'll be at RW, working the halfboards and Lars will be taking the draws with Galchenyuk at LW on the 2nd unit. Leaving Diaz and Gorges to man the points until Emelin is ready to assume Gorges point position.

The only purpose in the Briere signing, besides his PP acumen and playoff intensity, appears to be passing his veteran knowledge on to both Galchenyuk and Eller. By the end of Briere's contract in two years, the Habs brass can be confident that both Alex and Lars schooling will be completed.

At that point in time (2015/2016 season) the Habs will be looking to move a couple of veteran centers, most likely keeping Plekanec as their 3rd line center for his defensive capabilities. Bournival, Crisp, Dumont and Naatinen would vie for the 4th line center position, presuming the Habs don't trade or draft a higher quality center between now and then.

So now that I've really muddied the water, I see Lars being the future #2 center for the Habs starting in 2015/2016, barring injury or trade, simply put. Also glad to hear that Lars is packing on muscle again this off-season, to a whopping 220lbs. with two months left in the summer. The Habs center position has become a strength since the Eller - Halak trade and will soon provide the Habs with the spearhead for a very potent offence in the drive for 25!
If my brain could puke out my thoughts this would be it. Great post S Bah.

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post

DD is not a 1st line center. Plekanec is going nowhere until one of the other centers actually proves capable of dealing with tougher match ups, which they haven't done so far. DD has a lot to prove this year, so he better step it up.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
DD is not a 1st line center. Plekanec is going nowhere until one of the other centers actually proves capable of dealing with tougher match ups, which they haven't done so far. DD has a lot to prove this year, so he better step it up.
By 'tougher matchups'...do you mean defensively? or offensively?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 07:41 PM
sampollock

Go get'um boy

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Dagistitsyn

220 pounds now.

He's really put on some muscle in the past two years.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:05 PM
RyanBostonRedsox

Eller gains 19 lbs of muscle in offseason

Just thought I'd share the news. Mr. Eller is now 220 lbs and 6'2". He had a breakout season last year, but I think he will be even better this year.

For all of the Habs fans who are already doubting this team that Bergevin has only had a year to build, we have a healthy and bulkier Eller, a year under the belts of Gallagher and Galchenyuk, a confident Subban with a Norris Trophy victory, and increased team chemistry, as there wasn't much movement.

But I digress. Here's the article. Read it for yourself.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...et-back-on-ice

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:06 PM
CP31

DAMN

Where's Ron Simmonds when you need him.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Read the article...he opened the 2012-13 season at 213 pounds...so 7 pounds this off-season.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Didn't he gain 15 pounds last year too? I guess he lost some of it during the regular season...

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:09 PM
RyanBostonRedsox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Read the article...he opened the 2012-13 season at 213 pounds...so 7 pounds this off-season.
You read the article: "The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs reports that Eller, who was listed at 201 pounds in last season’s team guide, is now 220 pounds – and not a gram of the weight anything but muscle."

He's gained 19 lbs in less than 12 months.

Old
08-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

"You took steroids"

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
DAMN

Where's Ron Simmonds when you need him.
Ask and you shall receive.

Old
08-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Lol **** off, Eller was at 201 pounds before the beggining of the 2013 season?

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
You read the article: "The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs reports that Eller, who was listed at 201 pounds in last season’s team guide, is now 220 pounds – and not a gram of the weight anything but muscle."

He's gained 19 lbs in less than 12 months.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

Quote:
The Canadiens’ 2012-13 team guide listed Eller as having 201 pounds on his 6-foot-2 frame. In fact, he said he reported to camp at 213, knowing he’d lose two or three pounds during the season.
The media guide was probably published during the 2012 summer, well before January 2013. 201 pounds was probably his weight from the 2011-12 season.

Either way, breakout season for the man we call Larry.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Madevilz

cell tech

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:17 PM
RyanBostonRedsox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

The media guide was probably published during the 2012 summer, well before January 2013. 201 pounds was probably his weight from the 2011-12 season.

Either way, breakout season for the man we call Larry.
I think so as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score 15-20 goals, with 30-40 assists.

Old
08-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

So bigger than this?

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:28 PM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Holy crap!!

He's going to breakout BIG this season, BOOK IT!!

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 50
^for sure he is 220 in that pic. He's 6'2 and that well built, way over 200.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:29 PM
rockjngo

Larry is one of my favorite Hab after he said we don't fear anyone. At 6'2" 220lbs, he's got a prototype body that we want in a center. If Galchenyuk gets to 220lbs with his 6'1" frame, we have one of the bigger centers in the league.

on the flip side my most hated player is Danielle Briere who like his name plays like a little girl and I won't forget what he said when he chose Philly over Montreal. He said he doesn't want his kids growing up in Quebec.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Larry is one of my favorite Hab after he said we don't fear anyone. At 6'2" 220lbs, he's got a prototype body that we want in a center. If Galchenyuk gets to 220lbs with his 6'1" frame, we have one of the bigger centers in the league.

on the flip side my most hated player is Danielle Briere who like his name plays like a little girl and I won't forget what he said when he chose Philly over Montreal. He said he doesn't want his kids growing up in Quebec.

He never said that, wtf is wrong with people these days. You can hate someone but geez, don't make up stories about him!

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post

Eller 6'2" 225lbs - Galchenyuk 6'1" 215lbs - McCarron 6'6" 250lbs
Subban 6'0" 225lbs - Tinordi 6'6" 230lbs

That would be something to see lol (I know its not there real weight and positions... letme dream for a moment) lol

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:53 PM
RyanBostonRedsox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Eller 6'2" 225lbs - Galchenyuk 6'1" 215lbs - McCarron 6'6" 250lbs
Subban 6'0" 225lbs - Tinordi 6'6" 230lbs

That would be something to see lol (I know its not there real weight and positions... letme dream for a moment) lol
I don't know if I'd want Subban at 225 lbs. He might be hanging out with his brotha, Dustin "Big Buff" Byfuglien.

Old
08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
220 pounds now.

He's really put on some muscle in the past two years.
His wife must be a great cook.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote