HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - 'Damn, that's a cold-ass Danish' Edition

Old
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
The best part is if he's working out hard enough to gain that muscle, then he's not suffering any concussion-like symptoms. I think that's the better news.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:05 PM
JonathanToews19clutc*

Galchenyuk - Eller = Two Future number #1 and #2 center for Montreal Canadiens!!!!

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:17 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
Galchenyuk - Eller = Two Future number #1 and #2 center for Montreal Canadiens!!!!
I love this guys positivity!

Consistent in every post!

Yay!

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Maxpac

19 lbs of muscle in an off-season is inpossible. Even if he was training in a way to gain 19lbs of muscle in a year, he would lose all agility and his muscle mass would destroy his cardio. Lars Eller is a full grown man, someone like Tinordi still has time to have a naturally larger frame shoulder wise since he is just 20 years old.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:21 PM
AmeriHab

Great news about Larry, but hoping this doesn't start numerous Pleky trade threads before the season

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:24 PM
JOKER 192

Bruins fan coming in peace. As a bodybuilder I can tell you that 19 lbs in the off season would be very unrealistic. Eller has very likely been training with weights for years, which would make that type of gain even less likely.

The article leads one to believe that he gained that weight in the off season, but never actually says it. Remember the article says he was listed at 201 in the team guide, which as someone has already pointed out, was probably printed during the summer preceding last season. Which would probably have been his weight from the 11/12 season. Now this is a much more likely scenario. A seasoned natural weight trainer couldn't dream of putting on more than 5 lbs muscle in the off season time he has had since his injury.

Keep in mind his injury occurred on the 2nd of May , best case scenario he hit the gym 2 weeks later , now we must keep in mind there is no such thing as weight gain that is only muscle , increased body weight is largely due to increased body fat stores, glycogen and water. To gain more than an ounce of muscle per day is impossible due to the limits in turnover in the muscle cells , which is the process of breaking down damaged muscle cell protein and the creation of new and stronger ones. This is the rate for high intensity training, at this rate, assuming he started training around May the 20th, until lets say the 1st of August , that would make 72 days, x 1 ounce, would be 72 ounces, divided by the 16 ounces it takes to make a lb., that would give you 4.5 lbs., given the number of days. That is the realistic amount of natural weight gain a person could maximize in the given time.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:31 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

either way he's at 220 now and if it's mostly muscle than he's going to be a beast.

I think Galchenyuk can be even bigger than Eller. AG just has a huge frame. Looks like he could be an absolute tank like Ovechkin or Kovalchuk. He's only 19 and he's pretty much 200 already.

We should be in great shape down the middle for years to come.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:35 PM
sammy d

Looking at that pic, DD should just go away.

That is all.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:35 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace. As a bodybuilder I can tell you that 19 lbs in the off season would be very unrealistic. Eller has very likely been training with weights for years, which would make that type of gain even less likely.

The article leads one to believe that he gained that weight in the off season, but never actually says it. Remember the article says he was listed at 201 in the team guide, which as someone has already pointed out, was probably printed during the summer preceding last season. Which would probably have been his weight from the 11/12 season. Now this is a much more likely scenario. A seasoned natural weight trainer couldn't dream of putting on more than 5 lbs muscle in the off season time he has had since his injury.

Keep in mind his injury occurred on the 2nd of May , best case scenario he hit the gym 2 weeks later , now we must keep in mind there is no such thing as weight gain that is only muscle , increased body weight is largely due to increased body fat stores, glycogen and water. To gain more than an ounce of muscle per day is impossible due to the limits in turnover in the muscle cells , which is the process of breaking down damaged muscle cell protein and the creation of new and stronger ones. This is the rate for high intensity training, at this rate, assuming he started training around May the 20th, until lets say the 1st of August , that would make 72 days, x 1 ounce, would be 72 ounces, divided by the 16 ounces it takes to make a lb., that would give you 4.5 lbs., given the number of days. That is the realistic amount of natural weight gain a person could maximize in the given time.
Thanks for your detailed BroScience(tm) Bruins fan. It's exactly what this discussion was waiting for.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:39 PM
snakeye

So you're suggesting he's taking steroids, JOKER? Get out troll. jk good post.

If Eller and Galchenyuk reach their top potential, and Plekanec stays as a 3rd, we'll be absolutely stacked on in the center position.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:42 PM
JonathanToews19clutc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
I love this guys positivity!

Consistent in every post!

Yay!
Haha, i really love my team.. but i'm realistic because i love hockey in general, my favorites player is P.Datsyuk, E.Malkin, M.Hossa, J.Toews, D.Doughty and C.Price and i love *$&/&/ hockey.

I don't love all player in Montreal, but Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Subban and Price.. are great core for Montreal (with Gallagher, Eller, Tinordi and more).

Sorry for my english... i'm frenchy, i'm try for good speak english.. but i'm suck lol

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:44 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I've been an Eller doubter the past couple of years but I'm changing my tune. I didn't really think he would achieve his upside. I thought he was going to bea great 3rd line centre and not really find his way onto the 2nd line. But I was wrong, he started to show it last year and from reading that article, I really love his attitude and outlook.

I love that he understands the importance of the mental side of the game. Also his focus on training and not worrying about money is important.

I think he's the ideal second line center behind Galchenyuk in 2-5 years from now. I'd be happy if he produces in the 55-65 point range as a second line center with some 50 point sub par seasons in there. It looks like he'll eventually be able to fill Pleks role, whereas Pleks had to be the #1 center. But Eller should be able to slide in behind Galchenyuk when he's ready and handle the tough d assignments while racking up a respectable amount of points.
Agreed. I see him as No. 2 behind Chuckie no. 1c in 2 years. Perfect cup window centers. This will be the last year there is any confusion on this.

The interesting position will then be 3rd line C. Not sure Pleks will be the guy. He will be traded for something we need in the cup window when Chuckie and Lars show they are ready.

DD? We'll see. I don't think he fits as no. 3 C. For me, the perfect no. 3 C was Carbo. Hugely D talented, with some dangerous scoring skill. DD just does not have the speed and strength to be a big D no. 3.

That leaves Dumont, Bournival, Nats...

Not bad. I think Dumont may become the 3rd line C during our window. He's a gars, and like Carbo, he has the scoring skill. And Like Carbo, he also has attitude, speed, and smarts. I love that kid.

So for me it's:

Chuckie
Lars
Dumont
X

at center from 14-15. We can debate about who 4th line C X is. That's also of interest.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:46 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Let's get this over with and someone just photoshop Eller's face on this. He's looking more and more like it.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:47 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post

If Eller and Galchenyuk reach their top potential, and Plekanec stays as a 3rd, we'll be absolutely stacked on in the center position.
14-15 is when I think Pleks will be relegated to 3rd line center and he'll be absolutely fantastic there.

I've got huge hopes for Galchenyuk and there's no question he'll fulfill him. He's the only Hab player that I have no question marks in my mind about maintaining a very high level of excellence year in year out. I even have tiny question marks about PK but none with Galchenyuk.

Still really don't know what Eller's ceiling is. He just seems to keep improving. I'm sure he can be an excellent 2nd line center with a small to not so small chance of being better than that.

Old
08-04-2013, 11:49 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

He gained 7 pounds not 19.....

It clearly says he came into last year at 213...

Good to see Eller doing well, sadly unless DD or Plek is moved, ideally DD, Lars is going to stuck behind them, and mot likely will have to move to wing if/when Galchenyuk moves to centre unless we move someone.

How I much DD wasn't signed!

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:50 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
on the flip side my most hated player is Danielle Briere who like his name plays like a little girl and I won't forget what he said when he chose Philly over Montreal. He said he doesn't want his kids growing up in Quebec.
Get your facts straight. The reason why he's been that injured in the past is his style of play. And stop making up stuff. It's completely retarded and ridiculous to mention things as if they were facts when YOU know it never happened. Everyone and his dog knows the reason why Briere didn't come to Quebec is because the **** he had as a wife made him choose Philly, 3 years before cheating on him.

I also know a lot of Daniel's who could beat your sorry ass off. Kiddo.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:50 PM
JOKER 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post

I suggested no such thing, I'm suggesting the article is misleading people into thinking he gained all that weight in the off season, when in reality, it's been gained in well over a year,is what I'm suggesting. So he's likely only about 5 lbs of muscle heavier than he was when he was injured.

Never understood the knee-jerk reaction, to a fan of another team we see on too many of the team fourm's here on HFBoards.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 11:54 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Agreed. I see him as No. 2 behind Chuckie no. 1c in 2 years. Perfect cup window centers. This will be the last year there is any confusion on this.

The interesting position will then be 3rd line C. Not sure Pleks will be the guy. He will be traded for something we need in the cup window when Chuckie and Lars show they are ready.

DD? We'll see. I don't think he fits as no. 3 C. For me, the perfect no. 3 C was Carbo. Hugely D talented, with some dangerous scoring skill. DD just does not have the speed and strength to be a big D no. 3.

That leaves Dumont, Bournival, Nats...

Not bad. I think Dumont may become the 3rd line C during our window. He's a gars, and like Carbo, he has the scoring skill. And Like Carbo, he also has attitude, speed, and smarts. I love that kid.

So for me it's:

Chuckie
Lars
Dumont
X

at center from 14-15. We can debate about who 4th line C X is. That's also of interest.
Love that first paragraph, hahaha. Absolutely. Very confident with those 2 as our future top 6 centres.

I don't know if Dumont quite has it takes for 3rd line center but I was very pleased with his play. He definitely has a spot in our bottom 6. If he still has room to improve than you maybe right but I think I'd want someone more comparable to Pleks for that 3rd line spot.

I wouldn't be shocked if you turned out right at all about Dumont but it's definitely a tad too optimistic at this point. I can see it though. He'll be a fun player to watch this season. Tons of jam.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Habiton

I am a huge Eller fan, hard working player with his head screwed on right. We need more players with his attitude on this team.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:26 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post

So bigger than this?
If he was wearing a shirt in this pic, he'd look fat. His muscles are that bulbous. Wow.

Good on you Lars.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:43 AM

I hate it how most media people don't know very basic stuff about bodybuilding.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:09 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I hate it how most media people don't know very basic stuff about bodybuilding.
This. Gaining 19 pounds of muscle takes more than a year. Even five pounds of muscle is hard to gain in just the off-season.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post

/advancedbroscience

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Bieber fever

lol at 19 lbs in a off season
even 7 lbs is not realistic.

unless he's riding bicycles with lance.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Estimated_Prophet

We had the same ridiculous thread about him last summer. By the time he hits 30 he will be about 320lbs of pure muscle....he will take dumps bigger than Lucic.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote