HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

vCash: 500
TT is getting lots of love from those who are there.

A selection of views from different twitter accounts..

Quote:
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 10m

Teravainen does it again. Beautiful one-timer on the power play makes it 4-3 FIN. Seriously, no one on the ice close to him
Quote:
Derek Felix ‏@NewYorkPuck 12m

Teravainen scores on a power play. What an awesome set up and then a blast with traffic in front. Teravainen is lethal.
Quote:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 56m

CHI's Teravainen dangerous on every shift. High-end talent level.
Quote:
Adam Kimelman ‏@NHLAdamK 1m

After 1st 2 games, most impressive player i've seen is Teuvo Teravainen. Incredible puck skills, great shot and plays solid defensively

Old
08-04-2013, 05:09 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Teravainen sets up the OT winner. 4-point game for TT. Pronman says it wasn't "even close", TT was the best player on the ice.

Old
08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Teravainen sets up the OT winner. 4-point game for TT. Pronman says it wasn't "even close", TT was the best player on the ice.
Yeah as stated he's getting rave reviews from numerous places. Lots of talk on Twitter and I've talked to a couple people there that have said the same. Good to hear.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I love that Teräväinen gets underrated by other teams fans (OK, not MTL )

Old
08-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Finnpin

TT for sure has talents. Just needs to bulk up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
According to Jokerit twitter, they've been training with TT centering the second line: https://twitter.com/Teme09/status/36...007552/photo/1 "Lahti" could mean Janne Lahti, who won the goal scoring title in SM-Liiga two seasons ago (playing in the same line with Teemu Pulkkinen), he's been rumored to go to Jokerit. Apparently Jokerit aren't looking for a new centre to replace Ilari Filppula so it seems they're giving Teräväinen another shot at C.
That's not Jokerit twitter message. Only some fan making speculation of his own lines.

Old
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM
thomast

TT is very effective and good on the point at PP. How you guys feel how he would fit on the PP on blackhawks? Where you would slot him in the future?

Old
08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
TT is very effective and good on the point at PP. How you guys feel how he would fit on the PP on blackhawks? Where you would slot him in the future?
If TT can manage to be NHL-average on the PP point, he would automatically be one of the Hawks' best options there.

Not that it would mean much after Kompon neutered him.

Old
08-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

He'd be a missing piece to our PP

Old
08-05-2013, 10:03 AM
jaloporo

Here you can see Teuvo's first three points from game against USA Blue. An assist to OT goal is missing. Glad to be able to see Teuvo one more year in Finland. One of the most enjoyable player to watch in FEL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTkhCfB9L20

Old
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Leehh

Funniest part here is that Drouin who is shorter, worse skater, hands not even remotely close to TT's went 3rd this year and everyone was saying last year that Teravainen is too small for NHL, yet nobody saying that about Drouin since he has Canadian passport.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Sevanston

Sounds like Hinostroza was involved in a pretty dangerous play.

coreypronman: Now PIT's Sundqvist is down and hurt after Hinostroza knocked him into the boards. Immediately called the trainer over.

chrismpeters: Vince Hinostroza turnbuckled Sundqvist, who is being helped to the dressing room after laying on the ice for a while there. #NJEC

NHLAdamK: Sweden's Oskar Sundqvist just got run into the stanchion Pacioretty-style. But thankfully he's able to get up and walk off on his own.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Sevanston

Sundqvist won't be coming back to the game. Least he got off on his own power.

But Hinostroza's starting to stand out.

coreypronman: CHI's Hinostroza has come alive past few periods. Making a lot of plays.

chrismpeters: Seems to have adjusted to pace after slow start RT @coreypronman CHI's Hinostroza has come alive past few periods. Making a lot of plays.

Old
08-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Sevanston

Hinostroza and Hayden got cut from the USA camp today. Motte is still on the roster.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman
No reak surprise cut. Thought maybe Ebert or Hinostroza would get to stay but somebody has to go.

EDIT: Chris Peters gave some thoughts about all of the guys who got cut today.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2013...m-lake-placid/

About the Hawks prospects he said:
John Hayden — At his size, Hayden needed to be a little more assertive to stay in camp. He’s a big, strong guy and his power game just wasn’t quite where it needed to be. He showed a few flashes of good play in the defensive zone, but his hand skills need work if he’s going to be able to produce offensively. He’s one to continue watching.

Vince Hinostroza — Hinostroza had a really good bounce-back game Monday after being pretty non-existant the first game, but I think it might’ve been too little, too late. It was tough to see where exactly he fits in. He has the energy level to play a bottom six role and showed flashes of top-six creativity, but not enough to supplant the guys they kept. I liked what I saw out of him Monday, at least. If he makes any kind of impact in the first half at Notre Dame, he’ll still have a chance to make the big club.

Last edited by Sevanston: 08-06-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Funniest part here is that Drouin who is shorter, worse skater, hands not even remotely close to TT's went 3rd this year and everyone was saying last year that Teravainen is too small for NHL, yet nobody saying that about Drouin since he has Canadian passport.
Uhh, how about no? Drouins hands are amazing and far better than TT's. I would trade TT all day for Drouin.

Old
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

His point still is the same and somehow it's kind of true.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
His point still is the same and somehow it's kind of true.
The only thing that is true in that statement is how no one is saying Drouin is too small for the NHL.

Old
08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Sevanston

Here's Teuvo with a sweet pass to tie the game against Canada 2-2.

http://thescore.com/nhl/articles/124...up-lovely-goal

Old
08-07-2013, 04:13 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Here's Teuvo with a sweet pass to tie the game against Canada 2-2.

http://thescore.com/nhl/articles/124...up-lovely-goal
That wasn't Teravainen. He's left-handed, not right-handed.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Uhh, how about no? Drouins hands are amazing and far better than TT's. I would trade TT all day for Drouin.
No. There quite close, and I wouldn't say either player has a significant edge over the other in that department.

Drouin plays a more aggressive game than Teravainen and is a better dangler. At this point, yes, he projects as a better offensive player in the NHL - but I don't think the gap is huge and if TT converts to centre well, that could really impact his game. In terms of being a better dangler, that doesn't mean Drouin has better hands, but he's better at getting around players. Part of that could be because he's had to, in order to succeed on smaller rinks. It'll be interesting to see how Teravainen adjusts when he comes over, not having to go through guys as much on the bigger rinks in Europe. I have little doubt he would be able to though.

Nevertheless, you've never been high on Teravainen - I have no idea why - but I don't think it's at all ridiculous to compare Teravainen with Drouin. They're similar players with comparable upsides.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
That wasn't Teravainen. He's left-handed, not right-handed.
* This article originally identified Teuvo Teravainen as having picked up the primary assist on this goal.

Good catch though. Guess I wasn't watching closely enough.

Old
08-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Drouin is better at everything... canadian kid played in the CHL scoring lots of goals ended up as #3 overall. They can't be close

Old
08-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
No. There quite close, and I wouldn't say either player has a significant edge over the other in that department.

Drouin plays a more aggressive game than Teravainen and is a better dangler. At this point, yes, he projects as a better offensive player in the NHL - but I don't think the gap is huge and if TT converts to centre well, that could really impact his game. In terms of being a better dangler, that doesn't mean Drouin has better hands, but he's better at getting around players. Part of that could be because he's had to, in order to succeed on smaller rinks. It'll be interesting to see how Teravainen adjusts when he comes over, not having to go through guys as much on the bigger rinks in Europe. I have little doubt he would be able to though.

Nevertheless, you've never been high on Teravainen - I have no idea why - but I don't think it's at all ridiculous to compare Teravainen with Drouin. They're similar players with comparable upsides.
I'm high on TT, I just don't think he will be a franchise elite player like Drouin.

TT is more of a 60-70pt good two way palyer.
Drouin more of a 90-100pt OK two way player

Old
08-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Drouin is better at everything... canadian kid played in the CHL scoring lots of goals ended up as #3 overall. They can't be close
Riiiiight. That's why.

Like I'm the only one that sees a big difference.

One is rated top 3 out of all the prospects in the world (Drouin) and the other is rated just barely inside the top 50. (On Hockey Futures list, and probably on many other lists too)

Old
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Leehh

Quote:
I'm high on TT, I just don't think he will be a franchise elite player like Drouin.

TT is more of a 60-70pt good two way palyer.
Drouin more of a 90-100pt OK two way player
Clearly you have limited viewings of TT, i honestly personally think that there is more star potential in TT than in Drouin. Drouin just won't hoglide in offensive zone at NHL level, he already had quite a bit problems doing it against minors.

Quote:
Riiiiight. That's why.

Like I'm the only one that sees a big difference.

One is rated top 3 out of all the prospects in the world (Drouin) and the other is rated just barely inside the top 50. (On Hockey Futures list, and probably on many other lists too)
He's the new kid on the block, i wouldn't rate him any higher than 5th.

Unlike Drouin, TT actually can skate, his first few steps are just something else. Drouin's physique just doesn't allow him to become elite skater, he has "fatty's hips" in other words, he's not the most athletic guy out there. I have few thousand hours of personal experience trying to improve first two steps so i know what i'm talking about.

Anyways, seems like you have already made your mind up so i won't bother doing this any longer.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Hawkaholic

Not sure which Drouin you are watching, because he is a pretty good skater..

Craig Button had this to say as well, which backs that up.
Quote:
Great hands and he can make all manner of plays with the puck in traffic and in tight areas. Very good skater with quickness, agility and excellent balance and he's a very hard player to knock off course.
I guess we'll find out in the next few years then. I think TT is far too overrated on this board.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 08-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread