HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Benzaza

vCash: 500
Beautifully Frustrating -- Frustratingly Beautiful -- you tell me

Dissect-A-Goal : Why Jeb Brovsky's Goal Should Be As Frustrating And Satisfying for the Montreal Impact

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...ontreal-impact

Old
08-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
He's on loan until the end of this season. On loan. He hasn't play yet.. 1+1.
You can't really blame players for being injured... We don't even know what the cause of the injury was.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
You can't really blame players for being injured... We don't even know what the cause of the injury was.
Sprained/Twisted/Broken Ankle during practice

Old
08-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I would still say IMFC on paper is the best and deepest team in the MLS. They just need to find a way to get motivated again and find the right chemistry (and healthy by the sounds of it)

Sounds like Felipe was on crutches at the airport and Camara missed practice today. Could see an interesting lineup on Wednesday night.

Old
08-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I would still say IMFC on paper is the best and deepest team in the MLS. They just need to find a way to get motivated again and find the right chemistry (and healthy by the sounds of it)

Sounds like Felipe was on crutches at the airport and Camara missed practice today. Could see an interesting lineup on Wednesday night.
Not so sure about that, i think Seattle has the best team. But IMFC could still prove to be better if the new charges turn out to be as good as advertised. Our biggest weakness is probably central defence at the moment. It seems like whenever we face a team that is motivated, they crumble under pressure. Our newest signings address this problem head on. We may not know for a few games how much of a difference they will make, but it's definitely going to be very exciting to find out.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Captain Saku

Seattle is of course the best team on paper followed by NYRB and SKC. We have no where the quality these clubs have on the starting 11.

Our biggest weakness is not central defense IMO, it's our defensive play in the midfield and our lack of possession game. We have no body that can control the ball in the midfield, Bernier is the best at it but he's nothing special, and his passes are not accurate enough.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Bernardello will hopefully fix that.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Seattle is of course the best team on paper followed by NYRB and SKC. We have no where the quality these clubs have on the starting 11.

Our biggest weakness is not central defense IMO, it's our defensive play in the midfield and our lack of possession game. We have no body that can control the ball in the midfield, Bernier is the best at it but he's nothing special, and his passes are not accurate enough.
What i feel like we've gotten away from, or what other teams have really worked on defending better, is our play on the wings. Earlier in the year, Romero in particular was practically unstoppable coming down the left side. Now it's almost a miracle we see the ball get out to that side in a game. It's usually only Mapp that can create anything of late, on the right side. I think it's a due to lack of aggressiveness and confidence early in games to move the ball quicker. Nyassi is only dangerous when he makes darting runs to get in behind the D. But you rarely saw a ball out to him in that first half against DC. If he's going to start, there needs to a better more of an effort made to exploit his strengths.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Maxpac

At this point it's completely ridiculous that Nyassi is starting over Smith.

Old
08-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
At this point it's completely ridiculous that Nyassi is starting over Smith.
i wouldnt say its ridiculous because Smith has not played more than 25 minutes in a game, but i agree i think that we need a different look on that wing, someone who has better ball control skills, someone that doesn't require excellent service from the middies. Nyassi is too much of a one trick pony. Smith can definitely offer a lot more on the ball. I think he's ready for a 60-minute runout.

Old
08-05-2013, 04:27 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Pure gold.

@AlexiLalas: The next @MLS CBA negotiations are going to be interesting. Ownership/League showing there is plenty of money
Raise the cap ffs.

Seattle owner "The league generally picks up the transfer fee". Thats interesting. I thought the owners would be the ones needing to pay the transfer fees

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 08-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old
08-05-2013, 05:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Seattle owner "The league generally picks up the transfer fee". Thats interesting. I thought the owners would be the ones needing to pay the transfer fees
Bull ****.

http://bigquestionshow.com/2013/08/0...has-uncovered/

Old
08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Pure gold.

If that is true that is messed up...

Old
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
If THIS is true, thats messed up. They keep saying they want to keep parity within the league to keep everything close, yet take concrete measures to favorise the "Bigger" clubs compared to the "smaller" clubs. How the hell do you want to keep everyone on the same level if they do this? This definitely isn't a step in the right direction.

Old
08-05-2013, 06:14 PM
gelu88

It's no surpirse the "rules" have become so convoluted.

When the previous CBA was signed in 2010( only weeks away from a disastrous lockout) the league was a very different place. Seattle just came in, the KC "wizards" still sucked. and attendance increases were slow and steady.

Then, with the arrival on Philly, Montreal, Portland and Vancouver, New signings and increased media presence, the situation has really changed.

There is much more money and much more ambition than the CBA is able to deal with. No way a deal like Dempsey would have been thought possible.

That's why they've kludged together all these procedures.

They can't just tear up the CBA, its valid till fall 2014.

But when that day comes, I expect a complete revamp.

With so many different voices with very different resources and priorities (including Yankees/Manchester) Whatever they propose to the players will be very different than what we are working with.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:42 PM
BradtheAg06

Heading to Chicago this weekend for my first ever IMFC game! Looking forward to seeing the guys live and motivated to play a great game. Anyone else making the trip?

Old
08-05-2013, 08:54 PM
JunglePete

Thing Idl about Marco is that he dont let kids show their worth. Wenger, Ouimette, Tissot, Smith all had very limited minutes this season and overuse old guys Di Vaio, Nesta, Arnaud, Ferrari & Bernier. If Camara can play this Wday, backline should look like
Bush
Camara- Nesta- Ouimette- Brovsky
Bernardello (DM)

Old
08-06-2013, 07:51 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradtheAg06 View Post
Heading to Chicago this weekend for my first ever IMFC game! Looking forward to seeing the guys live and motivated to play a great game. Anyone else making the trip?
You gota come to Montreal with the family One of the best atmospheres in the MLS.

By the way, why Chicago? Do you know anything about the starting lineup that we don't?

Old
08-06-2013, 07:56 AM
BradtheAg06

Quote:
You gota come to Montreal with the family One of the best atmospheres in the MLS.

By the way, why Chicago? Do you know anything about the starting lineup that we don't?
Haha...Laurent I honestly know nothing about the starting line up for this weeks games. The players don't even get that until game day so I promise...I know nothing. We put this game on the calendar a couple of months ago because they are playing a reserve game on Sunday, so we knew we would get to see Blake play one way or the other. We still plan on coming to Montreal.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:12 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradtheAg06 View Post
Haha...Laurent I honestly know nothing about the starting line up for this weeks games. The players don't even get that until game day so I promise...I know nothing. We put this game on the calendar a couple of months ago because they are playing a reserve game on Sunday, so we knew we would get to see Blake play one way or the other. We still plan on coming to Montreal.
Fair enough . Was hoping that Blake told you that the coaching staff mentionned to him that he probably wouldn't start against San Jose tomorrow, but would against Chicago (They've done this before, especially with the local academy kids).

Hopefully for you guys he starts against Chicago so you won't have to see him play in the reserves

Old
08-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Zilo44

I'll be attending tomorrow's game against San Jose ! Can't wait for the CCL opener at Saputo hope people will show up. Here's my wish list for tomorrow (realistically):

Perkins (although wouldnt be surprised to see Bush)

Camara - Ferrari - Lopez - Brovsky
Bernardello
Felipe - Bernier
Smith - Paponi - Mapp

Of course, I'd like to see Di Vaio dressed up but I think Schalli will rest him since we badly need the W against Chicago saturday (he scored last time they played if i remember correct)

Old
08-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Captain Saku

I think Felipe is injured and might not play. Also don't know if Nesta just rested last game or he's got an injury, if he's fit expect him to start. As for Piscu, he HAS to start IMO. It shouldn't be a question whether he's 100%, it should be whether he's one of the best 2 options at CB for tomorrow's game.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilo44 View Post
I'll be attending tomorrow's game against San Jose ! Can't wait for the CCL opener at Saputo hope people will show up. Here's my wish list for tomorrow (realistically):

Perkins (although wouldnt be surprised to see Bush)

Camara - Ferrari - Lopez - Brovsky
Bernardello
Felipe - Bernier
Smith - Paponi - Mapp

Of course, I'd like to see Di Vaio dressed up but I think Schalli will rest him since we badly need the W against Chicago saturday (he scored last time they played if i remember correct)
yup Nesta will start, and Felipe is injured apparently so switch Felipe to Smith (but we all know Arnaud will play) and to fill in the RF put in Wenger

Old
08-06-2013, 12:09 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Piscu won't start. Media said hes been getting his fitness this week and training on the sidelines.

Bush is the starting GK, no surprise there

Old
08-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Piscu won't start. Media said hes been getting his fitness this week and training on the sidelines.

Bush is the starting GK, no surprise there
Ugh, i just dont get why Bush has to start. It's bloody ridiculous. Who plays their second goalie in Champions League when the starter is healthy? It's just dumb. This isn't a lesser competition like the Capital One Cup in England for instance. I'm pretty sure Bush will understand if he doesn't get the start, jesus.

Last edited by Markowicz: 08-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Closed Thread